Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

Made me laugh!! PS - be sure you hang onto Mrs QF. Anyone who can be that doped-up but still alert enough to crack wise at the same time has GOT to be a lot of fun to be around...

I wonder if they're going the cord-blood route? I hope so. I kinda doubt it, but you never know...

My youngest is 12 so it's been a while but has cord-blood banking gotten any cheaper? When it was offered to us back then it was something like $1200. 

Okay, I probably started the "I'm Rick James, Bitch" when I posted that I'd like that to be his first words to Michelle, but I;m jumping off that wagon as I think I've changed my mind now.

If they go paternal father's first name, maternal father's middle name then it would be Ricky Bobby,  I'm amused at them having a mini Will Ferrell.

• Love 9

I dehydrate placentas and put them in capsules for a living. Would be happy to answer any questions, although I think it's a bit off topic :)

And ps. Most of my clients are very mainstream and as un-hippy as you can get!

Edited by awaken
  • Love 1

I dehydrate placentas and put them in capsules for a living. Would be happy to answer any questions, although I think it's a bit off topic :)

And ps. Most of my clients are very mainstream and as un-hippy as you can get!

It IS off topic (and we need to get away from it), but... I literally LOL'd over this.  What are the chances???  What a fabulous conversation opener!   How old were you when you decided to do this for a living?  Because it would also have been quite a unique presentation for Career Day in 3rd grade!

• Love 5

I really hope they don't name the baby Israel. It's obviously none of my business, and as a lapsed Catholic, I'm not as up to speed as perhaps I should be on fundamentalist names-du-jour. Is it a trendy name in those circles? It seems rather holier-than-thou to me. And a nickname, if they go that route ... Izzy? I think of that as a nickname for Isabelle ... but again, not my circus, not my monkeys. I just really don't like the name.

Edited by Literata
  • Love 4

Well, the Duggars have a James. I don't think he's a Junior, though. Was Grandpa Duggar also a James?

They could have a Derick Junior or a Derick with a different middle name. I'm assuming that Cathy and Rick named Derick with that particular spelling (rather than Derek, which is probably the most common way to spell the name) to honor Rick, so naming the little Gherkin Derick, honors both Dad and Grandpa. 

I hope Jill is able to announce the safe arrival of Baby Dilly without restrictions from TLC, People's Magazine or some other funding source.

Back in the days of snail mail- I brought a pack of birth announcements with me to the hospital to complete and mail ASAP- to let friends and family know the news!

Edited by springtime
  • Love 5

that's a lot of laundry.

Perhaps why they needed so many dozens of towels and washcloths?

That's one smart baby - Trying to hold out as long as he can before entering the circus.

I found it oddly unnerving how much this statement made me say "WHAT? Smart Duggar baby?"  Which is sad because some of they probably are, but it seems like just have so little chance.

• Love 1

And then we'll have to hear Jilly saying "...and I gave birth to him on Palm Sunday" every time she mentions his birth. Similar to MEchelle's "and I gave birth to every one of them." It will get old really fast.

Regarding the pop up ads, I get plenty for wedding bands & adoption & even had one recently for a midwife schooling program.

I am still confused as to how Michelle delivered Derick, Ben, Anna, and Josh/Anna's kids (EVERY one of them and all). I'd love it if they fixed that on the intro one of these days. What I'd love even more is if she would pick one or the other - either claim the kids who died from miscarriage/stillbirth/whatever or don't, but please stop claiming them as your kids for funerals and then not claiming them as your kids on the intro (which by the way I think technically puts her over 20 even without claiming grandkids). I DO NOT mean to minimize people losing children this way, but it's like she only claims the live ones who lived long enough in utero - even the in laws and grandkids - unless it might be a TV opp. I have to actually pause/skip that intro every time because of it.

• Love 2

Maybe they'll have an April Fools baby.

First the Duggars love practical jokes.

But also- no one will believe them if they announce it :)

(My Dad was born April Fools. No one believed his Dad when he called people to tell them.)

• Love 1

I don't think she had the baby. She'd be crossing her legs to make sure she held it in until the day Jessa's wedding aired just so she could steal the show again.

Or she had him and will announce about 2 hours before show time.

Hence Rick James

Who also a singer from the '60s, '70s, and '80s. The only song I really know of his is SuperFreak.

Oh there are many, many more hits. (Rick James fan here) One of his most famous love songs is "Mary Jane," an ode to his favorite girl in the world...pot. Hee! I so want Josh to name his kid Mary Jane.
  • Love 4

From a commenter on Pickles (get your grain of salt ready)

Okay, another rumor is floating around, this time from a woman who says she is friends with the Duggar's. She said Jill ad Derick are at he hospital and Jill is in hard labor. I don't know if she was induced or not, but it seems there will not be a home delivery.

If true, I'm glad she got medical help and and didn't push the point of having the baby at home. Good Luck Jill!

Edited by JoanArc

I am still confused as to how Michelle delivered Derick, Ben, Anna, and Josh/Anna's kids (EVERY one of them and all). I'd love it if they fixed that on the intro one of these days. What I'd love even more is if she would pick one or the other - either claim the kids who died from miscarriage/stillbirth/whatever or don't, but please stop claiming them as your kids for funerals and then not claiming them as your kids on the intro (which by the way I think technically puts her over 20 even without claiming grandkids). I DO NOT mean to minimize people losing children this way, but it's like she only claims the live ones who lived long enough in utero - even the in laws and grandkids - unless it might be a TV opp. I have to actually pause/skip that intro every time because of it.

She does say, "That's a grand total of nineteen," so I think it's pretty clear who she's counting, and it doesn't include her in-laws or grandchildren. But I agree with you about the miscarriage/stillbirth babies, ESPECIALLY Jubilee who she claims was a stillbirth and for whom she had a FUNERAL, for heaven's sake -- how does she do that and then continue to say they're still trying for number twenty? I just -- isnt that twenty, already? Or twenty-one, even, with J'Caleb?

But then, it's pretty much par for the course for them to be inconsistent about their beliefs, so. Aaaaand this is all probably in the wrong thread at this point, sorry! Won't continue the topic here.

Edited by JenCarroll

So I might be right that baby Dilly came yesterday, if they are keeping us waiting.  But then again People mag has online (this morning) a stupid article about how it is the anniversary of their engagement!  I don't even click on that nonsense.

• Love 1

I personally don't think she's had the baby. I don't think anyone in this (The Duggar) family keeps secrets that well, especially good news. The secrets they keep are stuff they're trying to conceal. I think she didn't have the baby yesterday, but I could be wrong. I do think she could be in labor right now and we wouldn't know exactly. I also think they might hold off on the press with 3:00 am announcement and wait until morning. Given the constant surge of articles about her over the past week, I find hard to believe she's had the baby already. 

• Love 1

Duggar Family Official posted a video of Jerick, supposedly made yesterday (Sunday) saying that she was still pregnant. The last real sighting that could be confirmed by people outside the family was at the vonunteering stint on Saturday. After that, pictures and a video that could have been taken any time in the last couple of weeks, to be released before they were ready to "leak" the formal announcement to People. 

So who knows, really? They managed to hold off some "good news" announcements for a while. However, a baby announcement can only be held back for so long before it gets ridiculous. Jill's 41 weeks tomorrow, but she doesn't expect to have Rick James until next Sunday. That's when it will officially become "ridiculous" for me; she'll be 11 days overdue at that point. 

Espically because Jim Bob has THREE kids already named after him. I read a rumour, distantly, on tumblr, that they'd go for Place names, which would be interesting or terrible. I'm really hoping this baby is named after Derick's dad, it would be a sweet gesture.  

• Love 1

Israel We-Met-In-Nepal Dillard. Then they play the stupid song. Joise got named after New York City, so anything's possible.

On a related note, the whole Nepal visit was so over the top. They'd never have done that pre-tv.

• Love 5

Hmmm... I've always thought this baby would appear April 3.

Like Jill, I was a June 21 bride, and like Jill, I got pregnant right away (unlike Jill, I am not a fundy!).

Anyhow, my baby was due April 3. I convinced myself I would give birth March 21... Baby arrived April 16 - 13 days late, and a whopping 10.5 pounds.

I'm going with my original due date (April 3) for Baby Dill.

Espically because Jim Bob has THREE kids already named after him. I read a rumour, distantly, on tumblr, that they'd go for Place names, which would be interesting or terrible. I'm really hoping this baby is named after Derick's dad, it would be a sweet gesture.  

So, the baby might be named Wal-mart Dillard?

• Love 2

Sierra the wedding planner is pregnant again. Sheesh she is on her 5th child. Keep your legs closed gurl.

And waiting for Baby RickJamesBitchIsrael We-Met-In-Nepal Dillard is getting on my nerves!

• Love 5

Of course she ran to a hospital. She's the first in her family with great insurance (corporate Wal-Mart benefits are very generous, especially when compared to what store workers receive). Gothardites don't want to spend $3000 for what they can do over their tiolets.

• Love 3

I wouldn't be surprised at all if she went/goes/is in the hospital -- not due to complications but her own choice. She knows more about birth than the average fundie girl -- having watched so many. She knows the reality of how painful it is and also probably realizes her own pain tolerance. But she's a kool aid drinker who couldn't exactly say -- yeah as soon as contractions start, we're headed to the hospital and I want an epi or maybe even a c section. She needs to appear just as fundie as her cohort (and her current/former employer) and say -- oh no, it's a natural process and women having been assisting other women for generations and that's what I want. When in reality, she seems like the type who is probably internally gloating that she got a man with full health insurance who likely wants her in the hospital and on pain meds and her MIL probably wants/supports that too -- so that's what she was going to do unless it really happened that labor started and the child was born in under an hr and then she'd be able to say "oh look I home birthed just like every other fundie woman."

If she does get a hospital birth with an epi, if I were Jessa I'd be mad jealous -- or just mad at my choice of partner. I'm not sure what these people are doing for health insurance now, but it's likely that even if they are just carrying the most basic required policy -- they'd still have to pay thousands for a hospital and an epi -- and since Ben doesn't have a full time job with benefits like Derick, good chance Jessa will be laboring at home without pain relief.

Edited by cereality

Actually I see it as completely opposite. If she's really been training as a midwife then the more she's learned about interventions, their side effects and potential complications as well as attending many home births the more likely she is to want to avoid the hospital. I think if Jill is in the hospital there were complications.

• Love 4

Since Jill is the one having the baby, she should decide what kind of birth she wants. If she wants  an epidural, fine. These people are idiots for trying to make girls think that going natural is the only way.

I don't know why anyone thinks she's being pushed into a birth choice. She's training to be a home birth midwife and actually has shown interest in that. It seems likely she wants one. That doesn't mean she'll end up with one but I don't think she's begging for an epidural but is being held captive in her home to make sure she has a natural birth.

• Love 2

Not a fan of naming a child after someone else. Can't a baby get his own name?

I was named after my father's sister. Irritating since she died 6 years beore my dad was born. Pointless.

We went with family names (or variations of a family name) for middle names. Of course by the time we got to the third kid we were only left with hideous family names so we came up with a list of middle name options and let the kids choose. So she got a middle name chosen by her family rather than a family name LOL

• Love 1

Actually I see it as completely opposite. If she's really been training as a midwife then the more she's learned about interventions, their side effects and potential complications as well as attending many home births the more likely she is to want to avoid the hospital. I think if Jill is in the hospital there were complications.

I agree with this. If she's in the hospital, I don't think it's good news.

• Love 1

I personally don't think she's had the baby. I don't think anyone in this (The Duggar) family keeps secrets that well, especially good news. The secrets they keep are stuff they're trying to conceal. I think she didn't have the baby yesterday, but I could be wrong. I do think she could be in labor right now and we wouldn't know exactly. I also think they might hold off on the press with 3:00 am announcement and wait until morning. Given the constant surge of articles about her over the past week, I find hard to believe she's had the baby already. 

Famy will blow her wad.

"Nepal Rick Dillard."

actually, i guess that doesn't sound too bad??

I'm Nepal Rick Dillard bitch!

• Love 1

IsraelNepal RickJamesBitch BobCatDillard.  I know it sounds long, but when you are used to calling your husband by first and last, this is not so bad.

I just know this will be it!  Vegas odds!  

If Jill says that "We're having contractions." I'll say "Jill, Is Derrick pushing a baby out of his ass too?"

That would be fun to see.  

Edited by truthtalk2014
  • Love 4

I agree with this. If she's in the hospital, I don't think it's good news.

Really -- wow. I haven't had a child, nor do I really know the fundie world -- so I was just speculating.

If you're having a home birth but ultimately need to go to the hospital, who makes that decision? Would Jill's midwife say -- this is getting dangerous, we have to go? How much monitoring is there for a home birth? Are they monitoring the mother/baby's heart rate etc so they know when things are getting dangerous? Or is it more like -- hmm most moms don't have this much trouble until transition, maybe something is wrong -- let's go to the hospital.

• Love 1