Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

(edited)

Absolom, I am so glad you were bold enough to put your thoughts out there, bc honestly there's a part of me that hopes for the same thing. And I say that (as I'm sure you do as well) with the best intention of wishing her and the baby the safest and healthiest delivery. I just don't want to see her turn into Michelle's doppelgänger strapped down with 10 -15 kids.

Reminds me of the Grey's Anatomy episode where a fundie couple has six kids and the mother is so completely overwhelmed, but her faith won't allow any kind of birth control, so she asked one of the doctors to tie her tubes and make it look like it was an accident/life saving measure.

Jill strikes me as someone who already is a natural mother....but after the tenth kid or so, would be so stretched thin. I can see her in 10 years with a short haircut and perpetually tired eyes. I really hope Derick insists on having the kids in school - would give Jill a break and the kids a chance for a decent education.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 2

Jill gave herself the secondary due date.  I wonder how soon she began testing and which tests she used.  Some are more sensitive than others.  Did she mention having a dating ultrasound around 8 weeks?  That would be a very reliable indicator.  

I think she is a natural mother, but that fact alone might make her want to limit the number of kids that she has.

I don't think she will want to be as "hands-off" as J'chelle, and I think that there will come a time when she says "enough" (if Derick doesn't say it first), and "let's be good parents to the kids we have."

• Love 2

I thought Jill said the "second due date" of April 5th was because first-time mothers frequently have babies late, so she was expecting to have her own baby late, thus April 5th is about 10 days or so past her original due date.

Yes, this is exactly what she said. 

I also seem to remember that Jill didn't announce her pregnancy until after Jessa and Ben were engaged. I believe they were engaged around mid-August and Jill and Derrick made their pregnancy announcement less than a week later. If Jill found out that she was pregnant in late July (say around the 25th), I can't believe that everybody managed to keep it a secret for an entire month before they told the family. In any case, I'm going with April 5 as her "true due date".

I wouldnt' be surprised if she had him on Easter Sunday and the very special upcoming episode shows everybody racing out of church where Jim Bob is preaching to go to Jill's delivery. Though would they be racing back to her home or to the hospital...has the birth plan changed too?

(edited)

Reminds me of the Grey's Anatomy episode where a fundie couple has six kids and the mother is so completely overwhelmed, but her faith won't allow any kind of birth control, so she asked one of the doctors to tie her tubes and make it look like it was an accident/life saving measure.

Jill strikes me as someone who already is a natural mother....but after the tenth kid or so, would be so stretched thin. I can see her in 10 years with a short haircut and perpetually tired eyes. I really hope Derick insists on having the kids in school - would give Jill a break and the kids a chance for a decent education.

I agree, Jill is naturally nurturing and hands on. I think she'll be a great mother to her children, and I don't know how and if that will change if she has 5 or 15 kids. She may end up being like Kelly Bates regardless of the number of children she has, I don't know. The odds are, however, if they have a lot of of kids that she'll be more stressed and likely to hand off some of her parental duties the same way in which she saw were modeled in her home by Michelle and JB.

It would be nice if Derick insisted on putting the children in school, but we already know that he know longer wears his balls anymore. They're in the hands of JB now. He's drank the Kool-Aid and he's gone Duggarfied himself. There's no way Jill or JB will allow those children to attend school, imo.

Edited by msblossom
  • Love 3

GEML quote- One thing I feel pretty confident about - Derick and his mother aren't Josh and his mother. One of the things I always worried about with Anna is that that not only did they have the financial incentive for a full (and hopefully interesting) home birth, there was also the possibility that they simply didn't have insurance. I don't know if they did or not, but it was always in the back of my head that short of something going really wrong, Anna couldn't really rely on her husband and mother-in-law to fully protect her. And given that with the exception of birth number three, she didn't even have a lay midwife or her own mother, I never felt she was emotionally protected. (And I'm not an anti-Josh person. I think Josh loves Anna very much. But I'm also not immune to the idea that a big hospital big is a really scary thing for a young couple to be facing.)

Agreed, GEML. I always felt sorry for Anna during those birthing shows-she always seemed so alone.

• Love 1

I highly doubt DerickDullard is going to tell Jilly Muffin no homeschooling. He seems pretty inebriated by the Kool-aid, and I'm sure he thinks she's capable of teaching little Rick James Bitch and the subsequent others all they need to know. He might want the boys to go to college later on, though.

Do we know if the dashing Binjermin Seewald holds a degree from SOTDRT? I could see Blessa signing her little blessings up for a private Christian school, provided that her headship finds a well paying job in the next 5 years that in no way involves her father. They just have to be self sufficient first (or the show has to end) because I don't think real school or anything else that deviates from Boob and Jchelle's plan is good for their image.

A commenter on Pickles posted this 9 hrs ago RE:Jill. Again, just a rumor. Not really beliving it, but if true....

Was going to say...a friend of mine just saw her and Derick tonight at a restaurant that she works at, chaperoning a younger sister (she was not sure which) and her guy she is courting. She said that she was very big and pregnant.

NOT. ANOTHER. COURTSHIP.

Marry all the over 21 year olds off if that's the only way out of the house.  I hate what they do to their children, but I'm all for the twenty somethings escaping any way they can.

• Love 5

Marry all the over 21 year olds off if that's the only way out of the house.  I hate what they do to their children, but I'm all for the twenty somethings escaping any way they can.

Except Jana.

I think Jana should be first out the door if that's what she wants.  JB and Michelle might disagree with me.  They sound kind of desperate to get John David hitched though.

• Love 4

They sound kind of desperate to get John David hitched though.

I would imagine they are going to remain that way. Even the leg-humpers don't seem to want to send their young girls to hitch their wagon to that oaf.

• Love 8

A commenter on Pickles posted this 9 hrs ago RE:Jill. Again, just a rumor. Not really beliving it, but if true....

NOT. ANOTHER. COURTSHIP.

I'm inclined to think Jinger because Joy is only like 17 right? JB and Jchelle usually don't let their kids go before 20 and 3 years would be an unbelievably long courtship (aka a completely normal amount of time for couples to date before getting engaged/married). I also think without Jessa, Jinger is probably more desperate than ever to get out of there. She doesn't seem especially close to Jana or Joy and the two if them seem to be doing a lot of talking heads together. Maybe Jinger is the odd sister out now. Anyway, I'm always happy to see a J'slave get out of there, no matter who it is. (Although Jana will always be my first choice!)

• Love 1

I think Jana should be first out the door if that's what she wants. JB and Michelle might disagree with me. They sound kind of desperate to get John David hitched though.

That thinly veiled Christian mingle ad of an episode with the cop car and excavator was one of the most painful things I've ever witnessed. JB is so desperate on John David's behalf, I had secondhand embarrassment. JD is kind of a mountain troll to me (a single woman in her early 20s that wears pants and is going to school (alone) to be an accountant) but I think he is considered a catch in fundie circles. That episode was "purposed" to show all of his good husband qualities, so it's just a shame the target audience isn't allowed to watch the worldly box.

• Love 3

I know I'm dreaming but wouldn't it be great if whichever sister was with Jill and Derick was just with that guy and not actually courting him. I'd love it if the married sisters would throw cover for the girls to allow some actual dating. Of course the chances of that with tattle tale Jill are almost nil. But I can dream can't I? 

Holding out hope that it's Jana. Since Jinger is closer to Jessa I would think she might do a chaperoned date with her rather than Jill.

That thinly veiled Christian mingle ad of an episode with the cop car and excavator was one of the most painful things I've ever witnessed. JB is so desperate on John David's behalf, I had secondhand embarrassment. JD is kind of a mountain troll to me (a single woman in her early 20s that wears pants and is going to school (alone) to be an accountant) but I think he is considered a catch in fundie circles. That episode was "purposed" to show all of his good husband qualities, so it's just a shame the target audience isn't allowed to watch the worldly box.

That was so awful I had to turn it off from secondhand embarrassment. 

• Love 2

I know I'm dreaming but wouldn't it be great if whichever sister was with Jill and Derick was just with that guy and not actually courting him. I'd love it if the married sisters would throw cover for the girls to allow some actual dating. Of course the chances of that with tattle tale Jill are almost nil. But I can dream can't I?

Holding out hope that it's Jana. Since Jinger is closer to Jessa I would think she might do a chaperoned date with her rather than Jill.

That was so awful I had to turn it off from secondhand embarrassment.

That's true, the odds of anyone wanting Jilly Muffin as their chaperone are probably pretty small. Remember when Blessa and Binjermin went to art class with them, a producer or someone asked Derick what he would do if Bin broke the (allegedly self imposed) rules, and Derick said he would hold him down. I feel like Jessa would be a little cooler and get up to go to the bathroom or something and send Ben on a fool's errand so the courting couple could have like 3 minutes of private conversation in a crowded restaurant. Jilly Muffin would just stick out her stomach and make out with Derick, a la the golf course scene. So maybe Boob and Jchelle have decided some sisters don't get to be chaperones?

If I were a courting Duggar I'd use Bin/Jessa for chaperones before I'd go anywhere with the Dullards.

If I had to bet money I'd say Jinger is the next to jump ship, followed by Joseph.

I would agree with that. Josiah definitely seems to be the Duggar guy with the most to offer in terms of looks and personality, but I think he's most likely to be the first to get a bachelor's degree from a real accredited university. I'm also in the minority, because I think a Jana wedding could happen within the next couple of years. JB's image is very important to him, and the Cinderjana thing is starting to pick up momentum. My mom hasn't followed the Duggars since the frumper days, but she has seen enough articles on in touch and stuff to make her ask me why Jana isn't married yet. They already have some "friends" that help them with wedding planning, music lessons and homefooling (if I remember correctly), so I wouldn't be surprised if JB hired a couple of nannies. I think Jana's single lady status is more of a combination of not wanting to settle, and putting off the baby making to keep the size of her future brood manageable.

• Love 1

If I were a courting Duggar I'd use Bin/Jessa for chaperones before I'd go anywhere with the Dullards.

If I had to bet money I'd say Jinger is the next to jump ship, followed by Joseph.

I'm not surprised that Jill would be chaperoning Jinger.  Jinger is the one who has stated that she wants to live in a big city.  Jessa is closest to Jinger and she would probably overlook a lot of stuff so that Jinger could really get to know whomever she might possibly be courting.  Jill is the one most likely closest to JB and would keep a close eye on her and a prospective suitor and report back to JB if anything that he would consider "inappropriate" happened (inappropriate in quotes because it could be normal dating stuff to most of us, but not Duggar approved).

• Love 1

A due date is a very rough estimate, people- not an expiration date!  :)  

Sorry GEML, STILL pregnant!!!

https://instagram.com/p/08vS87rs3Y/

And, the surprised look again!  What is the deal with that?

It would be nice if Derick insisted on putting the children in school, but we already know that he know longer wears his balls anymore. They're in the hands of JB now. He's drank the Kool-Aid and he's gone Duggarfied himself. There's no way Jill or JB will allow those children to attend school, imo.

I totally agree.  No way any kids of theirs will go out to school.  I just don't think it's "done" on those circles, and Jill seems like she would enjoy homeschooling and being around the kids all day!  Hopefully that is one of the things they talked about before marriage- I am sure one of their premarital counseling sessions with the 'rents included ensuring that Derrick is on the same page as far as Jill staying home, and homeschooling any blessings that the Lord might send along!  

• Love 2

Marry all the over 21 year olds off if that's the only way out of the house. I hate what they do to their children, but I'm all for the twenty somethings escaping any way they can.

This is me. If the young people can't make it on their own, there are worse things than marriage, and if they divorce down the road, they will learn that God won't strike them down. After watching Jinger stand there at the rehearsal dinner and say how unworthy she was, if marriage is her ticket out, she should take it.

• Love 4
(edited)

I watched that Bates interview show this morning and the hints were strong that something was up with the Bates and Duggar families.  Is it Joe who is in Tennessee at school?  I'm thinking that Joe (if it is him) and Tori have something going on.  But that doesn't account for any Duggar girls.  If it is true, I hope it is Jana.

Edited by riverblue22
  • Love 4
(edited)

I'm inclined to think Jinger because Joy is only like 17 right? JB and Jchelle usually don't let their kids go before 20 and 3 years would be an unbelievably long courtship (aka a completely normal amount of time for couples to date before getting engaged/married). I also think without Jessa, Jinger is probably more desperate than ever to get out of there. She doesn't seem especially close to Jana or Joy and the two if them seem to be doing a lot of talking heads together. Maybe Jinger is the odd sister out now. Anyway, I'm always happy to see a J'slave get out of there, no matter who it is. (Although Jana will always be my first choice!)

Jinger has my vote, but I'd be overcome with joy if it were Jana.

Edited by Literata
  • Love 2
(edited)

I watched that Bates interview show this morning and the hints were strong that something was up with the Bates and Duggar families. Is it Joe who is in Tennessee at school? I'm thinking that Joe (if it is him) and Tori have something going on. But that doesn't account for any Duggar girls. If it is true, I hope it is Jana.

My theory - Josiah is also in college, but they keep talking about Joe to cover that Josiah is actually courting Tori. Same as Jessa was the cover for Jill.

Edited by GEML
(edited)

I threw Joy out there as a guess bc she and Jill are so close. And doesn't Joy turn 18 in June/July, although I could be wrong about that. The post did say younger sister, but we don't even know if it's true -- even so, I can see someone guessing Jana as younger than Jill since they're so close in age and Jana is so tiny compared to Jill. Eta: Please understand that I'm not advocating for a 17 or 18 y/o to get married. I have an 11 y/o daughter and I would be really disappointed if she chose to get married before she finished college.

I can't see Jinger choosing Jill and Derick as chaperones over Jessa and Ben, except that maybe Jessa had something else planned. Or maybe it was someone that Jinger met through Derick. I still think Ben's best man was kinda hot and his looks would be a good match for Jinger.

Ah, all this speculation could all be for naught. Fingers crossed; I hope not.

Edited by msblossom

This is me. If the young people can't make it on their own, there are worse things than marriage, and if they divorce down the road, they will learn that God won't strike them down. After watching Jinger stand there at the rehearsal dinner and say how unworthy she was, if marriage is her ticket out, she should take it.

GEML, I'm glad it worked out for you! Did you know your husband well before you married him? Was it anything like Josh, Jill, or Jessa's courtship? I guess I'm assuming you courted or did your parents call it something else?

Oh no - I was quite independent when I married. I left my parents' world at 17 and supported myself, going to school, working and living in my own apartment and dated quite a few men (although I did not kiss anyone until I started dating my husband - but that was my choice.) We dated two and a half years before we married, but I imagine by the standards here, we had no business getting married, or having the wedding that we did. Eh, if you grew up as I did, you likely wouldn't feel that way, so I just sort of shrug it off to cultural differences. And our marriage has been exceptional in every way.

But I was just saying above that watching Jinger at the rehearsal dinner broke my heart. I know that speech. I've given that speech. I just was 15 when I was giving it. Watching someone walk out if your life and leaving you alone. And wondering how on earth you can get out when it's not the people or even the beliefs that you want to turn your back on, but there's no way to both leave and not have them see it that way.

So I kind of hope she gets married. Because I don't think at this point she will do anything else. And marriage doesn't have to be forever, although it would be great if she found someone like I did who believed all the things I did but still helped me to go.

But there are still some who never forgave me. That's the price you pay. And it's a great pearl of great price.

• Love 7

There was another update. Probably just a silly rumor, but fun to think about anyway:

I just called and asked, she said that it could have been one of the brothers but is not for sure. She thinks that it was one of the girls though. But, did get a funny piece of information just now. She said that one of her coworkers used to date Derick lol

• Love 1

There was another update. Probably just a silly rumor, but fun to think about anyway:

I've been hoping we would hear of someone that dated Derick! I'm not expecting any steamy secrets or anything, but it would annoy the heck out of Jilly Muffin if the girl ever talked to in touch magazine or something.

atching someone walk out if your life and leaving you alone. And wondering how on earth you can get out when it's not the people or even the beliefs that you want to turn your back on, but there's no way to both leave and not have them see it that way.

So I kind of hope she gets married. Because I don't think at this point she will do anything else. And marriage doesn't have to be forever, although it would be great if she found someone like I did who believed all the things I did but still helped me to go.

But there are still some who never forgave me. That's the price you pay. And it's a great pearl of great price.

That's what makes me so sad about so many of the fundie groups.  Not all fundies are that narrow minded, but too many are.  I hate to see the children so restricted and forced to make such a choice if they need to break free.

If Jill found out that she was pregnant in late July (say around the 25th), I can't believe that everybody managed to keep it a secret for an entire month before they told the family.

It might have been easier than we think, just because Jilly Muffin wouldn't be engaging in any of the typical behaviors of a woman who's pregnant (not drinking, smoking, etcetera). For example: I knew my SIL was pregnant before she told the family because she wasn't smoking or drinking during one of her visits.

That thinly veiled Christian mingle ad of an episode with the cop car and excavator was one of the most painful things I've ever witnessed. JB is so desperate on John David's behalf, I had secondhand embarrassment.

Jim Boob is desperate to get JD married off because the longer he remains unmarried, the more it seems something else is going on. And we all know what that "something else" is: Jim Boob and J-Chelle's worst nightmare.

• Love 2

See, I don't think that there's a "something else" with John David any more than I think that Jana is being forbidden to marry because of childcare issues. I kind of think it's interesting that both twins seem so uninterested in relationships - and both seem to have very low energy personalities overall. Not everyone has a high sex drive, or a need to pair bond. They really might be ok with where they are, as odd as those lives seem to any of us.

• Love 3

I wish that "Kid Farm" would do a parody of Jill's never-ending pregnancy. They could give her ridiculously huge balloon-sized belly which finally explodes and shoots Israel Messiah Jesus-Bob Dillard clear into the next county.

• Love 5

So the person that saw this double date is sure the girl was a Duggar and not the guy?

It doesn't matter to me which one it is, someone is getting out and about!

Yeah, something doesn't add up. How does this person know that the "couple" with Jill and Derick is courting? I saw a pic of Jerick at Cracker Barrel last night. However, the way the person took the picture was impossible to ascertain who - if anyone - sat across from the Dullards. At any rate, the Dullards aren't going to be telling people that Jill's younger sister (and how do they know that? could have been Jana and Dan Dillard!) is currently courting. 

Too much doesn't add up from the "eyewitness" account, other than that they may have seen the IG picture that I did of them at dinner. 

It might have been easier than we think, just because Jilly Muffin wouldn't be engaging in any of the typical behaviors of a woman who's pregnant (not drinking, smoking, etcetera). For example: I knew my SIL was pregnant before she told the family because she wasn't smoking or drinking during one of her visits.

Ha! In my circle of friends if youre not drinking theres immediate suspicion that you're pregnant (we are all in our 30s and married with kids already). Even if you trot out the old "on antibiotics" chestnut they don't believe you.

So it is true that Jill wouldn't have that issue...but I can't imagine she held off simply because being pregnant is a sure fire way to get her moms attention.

Ha! In my circle of friends if youre not drinking theres immediate suspicion that you're pregnant (we are all in our 30s and married with kids already). Even if you trot out the old "on antibiotics" chestnut they don't believe you.

So it is true that Jill wouldn't have that issue...but I can't imagine she held off simply because being pregnant is a sure fire way to get her moms attention.

ha this cracked me up!  Yeah, the "on antibiotics" thing, especially combined with "feeling faint" for no apparent reason... dead giveaways. I think the only reason Jill would hold off on saying anything would be if the timing were suspect, which it doesn't seem to be at this point