Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

(edited)

We know Jill knows how to chart her cycle, best ovulation times, etc. It's even been speculated that the wedding date was chosen based on that criteria.

I can completely see Jill missing her period, but using her best window according to the charting as her conception date. Especially since it's a high chance that's the window she got pregnant in and it helps to push the narrative of a honeymoon baby.

Even though she can still probably safely give birth at home close to two weeks past her "due date", I am going to assume that if we see a home birth this weekend that April 5th is the official date her midwife and back-up OB are using.

Edited by Saylii
(edited)

Unless her cycles are much longer than average, the difference in using LMP or temping and knowing the ovulation date or early u/s, the dates would only be off by a few days or a week at most. She has to be over 40 weeks, and most likely over 41. The difference would be days, not weeks.

Edited by CatS
  • Love 1

Oh, gross! I can totally see them awkwardly bragging about how successful their first time was, wink wink. Not very modest, but since when do these people actually follow their own rules?

She was pretty tied to the idea of conceiving on the Honeymoon as a testament to their lovestory.

Who the hell wants to get pregnant the first time you have sex?!!!

Ummm, I considered not getting pregnant successful sex, lol.

I am guessing if Jill has to be induced she will have to be in the hospital to give birth? I don't think this is something that can be done with an at home birth?  

Does anyone think that they would not be above inducing so that the baby was born on Easter?

• Love 6

Ummm, I considered not getting pregnant successful sex, lol.

Does anyone think that they would not be above inducing so that the baby was born on Easter?

Makes their "story" more precious, special and sweet! *insert creepy MEchelle voice*

• Love 3

Oh, Jill will be pissed if she doesn't deliver Easter Sunday. "We were at my Dad's homechurch and my water broke. All 19 kids and counting gathered round and said a prayer...". Blech!

• Love 3

Unless she has also been seeing an OB, just waltzing into the hospital on Easter and asking to be induced isn't easy. Most, reasonably, are going to have her come back Monday morning when they will be fully staffed unless there is a medical reason.

• Love 4

If she's going to be induced, it would probably start today/tonight if April 5th is truly her two weeks past date. If she hasn't been seeing an OB, it probably won't be with that doctor unless she specifically chose one in the last few weeks that knew they'd be working Easter. Usually hospitals make those type of schedules at least 6 weeks out, so there's a chance. Otherwise she's going to face the harsh reality that she's going to need a C-section first thing Monday morning.

Granted of course the date thing isn't a sham.

Unless she has also been seeing an OB, just waltzing into the hospital on Easter and asking to be induced isn't easy. Most, reasonably, are going to have her come back Monday morning when they will be fully staffed unless there is a medical reason.

If she's going to be induced, it would probably start today/tonight if April 5th is truly her two weeks past date. If she hasn't been seeing an OB, it probably won't be with that doctor unless she specifically chose one in the last few weeks that knew they'd be working Easter. Usually hospitals make those type of schedules at least 6 weeks out, so there's a chance. Otherwise she's going to face the harsh reality that she's going to need a C-section first thing Monday morning.

Granted of course the date thing isn't a sham.

Well then, I hope they researched that scenario, lol. 

Yes medical induction requires a hospital birth

Praying that she will be in the hospital for her first birth. The thought of everyone being in that house while she is pushing is really GROSS to me. Boob walking around eating getting the troops rallied til the baby is out, ewwwwww. Kids don't need to be that involved in the process.

• Love 2

A lot of hospitals won't schedule inductions on weekends. The hospital I delivered in last August would not. My OB had me pick a date at my 38w appointment in case I went over (I had my choice of any weekday between weeks 40 and 42, but could not go over 42), so it would be on the schedule. I picked 41w, but it wasn't needed as I went into labor naturally at 39w5d.

Also there are different types of induction...if you're already 2+ cm dilated, they usually have you come in early in the morning and start pitocin. If you're not at all dilated, or 1cm, they can have you come in at night for cervical ripening gel (Cervadil) or a foley bulb.

I would think Jill would be trying some natural induction methods by now as well (nipple stimulation is a great one, but I wonder how she feels about it given their repressed culture?). Castor oil isn't recommended anymore as it can cause the baby to pass meconium in utero.

• Love 1

She'was due in March.  They were consistent about that from the beginning.  It's completely within normal limits for someone to go this far past the EDD.  Jill only came up with April 5 for herself knowing that was about as long as she could reasonably go without medical intervention.  She wasn't claiming it as her actual due date.  Babies go 11 days past the EDD all the time without it being an error of calculation.  

• Love 1

It's already Easter Sunday in Australia. Happy Easter to everyone.

I am hoping she pops the pickle out very quickly now so he is born on Saturday, Arkansas time, or waits until Monday.

5 April is MY birthday, and I have never liked sharing. I will be celebrating lunch later today with my husband at a great seafood restaurant, eating shellfish and possibly some pork products (oysters kilpatrick anyone?) Not a fundie menu, but sooooooo yummy.

• Love 6

If Jill if still pregnant, I'm guessing she's starting to panic a little. If she did have an early 1st trimester ultrasound and the due date was 3/24, she's getting really close to an induction. I hope for the baby's sake that the birth goes well but Jill may be starting to realize that even though she got pregnant quickly, she may not have easy births.

Or a c-section which might limit the number of future pregnancies .

To the person who mentioned more 'I' babies after the presumed Isreal / Isaiah - both Jill & Derrick have stated no same initial babies.

As far as going over...I was a honeymoon baby. I was also almost 3 weeks overdue. I was due April Fools. They didn't willy-nilly induce 50 years ago, like they do now.

• Love 1
(edited)

Didn't Michelle have a C-section with Jana and John David? Yes, c-sections increase risk, but this notion that having one is going to keep Jill from getting pregnant is a pipe dream.

And I was two and a half weeks overdue. My parents celebrated New Year! ;)

Edited by GEML

To the person who mentioned more 'I' babies after the presumed Isreal / Isaiah - both Jill & Derrick have stated no same initial babies.

As far as going over...I was a honeymoon baby. I was also almost 3 weeks overdue. I was due April Fools. They didn't willy-nilly induce 50 years ago, like they do now.

If you believe what they said about no initial names I have a few ocean side lots in Colorado to sell to you.

• Love 4

We know Jill knows how to chart her cycle, best ovulation times, etc. It's even been speculated that the wedding date was chosen based on that criteria.

I can completely see Jill missing her period, but using her best window according to the charting as her conception date. Especially since it's a high chance that's the window she got pregnant in and it helps to push the narrative of a honeymoon baby.

Even though she can still probably safely give birth at home close to two weeks past her "due date", I am going to assume that if we see a home birth this weekend that April 5th is the official date her midwife and back-up OB are using.

According to the due date Jill gave, her LMP was 6/18, meaning she was at the tail end of her period on her wedding day. If she holds to her parents' stated OT regimen of no sex during or the 7 days after for cleansing, it sets the stage for humping like bunnies during ovulation. I think her dates are correct, and that she's just super late. 

She does have a doctor in the process, which is good, since it's pretty clear that she will have to see him/her on Tuesday when she hits 42 weeks. I did NOT see that she has to deliver in a hospital, only that she needs to consult a real medical professional. Not berating lay midwives, just saying that they have limits, ie. overseeing "uneventful" pregnancies/births. Don't dog me; that's what is said in their credo. 

• Love 2

The other thing is, young women's cycles, especially when moving out of a home, may not be as easily charted as a woman in her 30's and 40's. I have no doubt Jill knew what she was doing, but between getting married, a move, a the upheaval she was going through, her body being a few days off would be perfectly normal.

• Love 3

According to the due date Jill gave, her LMP was 6/18, meaning she was at the tail end of her period on her wedding day. If she holds to her parents' stated OT regimen of no sex during or the 7 days after for cleansing, it sets the stage for humping like bunnies during ovulation. I think her dates are correct, and that she's just super late. 

She does have a doctor in the process, which is good, since it's pretty clear that she will have to see him/her on Tuesday when she hits 42 weeks. I did NOT see that she has to deliver in a hospital, only that she needs to consult a real medical professional. Not berating lay midwives, just saying that they have limits, ie. overseeing "uneventful" pregnancies/births. Don't dog me; that's what is said in their credo. 

What?!  They can't have sex for 7 days after her period ends?  Where did that come from?

• Love 5

Listen people! This baby will come in GOD'S TIME, understand? There is no use speculating on days and times. The hand of GOD HIMSELF is on this baby and no inductions or nipple stipulations are going to change that! So simmer down and start your praying! <LOL>

• Love 8
What?!  They can't have sex for 7 days after her period ends?  Where did that come from?

I believe that's adapted from Old Testament laws that required a period of cleansing after the menstrual cycle but why they would feel they need to stick to it heaven only knows.

(edited)

I believe that's adapted from Old Testament laws that required a period of cleansing after the menstrual cycle but why they would feel they need to stick to it heaven only knows.

I wonder if they'd actually follow that particular rule, as it's something Orthodox Jewish women still do. Although they may not know that given their happy ignorance of other religions. Even though they do the abstain for however many days after a birth, I'd think they'd skip the abstain after a period rule, because it would cut into "always available" time.

Edited by kalamac

I've never been so concerned with a baby that wasn't coming from my family since the actual Jesus Christ. I need to get a life.

No, you don't need to get a life.  These posts are fun to read; a harmless distraction from the doldrums of everyday life, so I can see how people have gotten caught up in this whole thing with Jill and the baby.

I am not all that interested in Jill's situation, but I like these posts because some of them are so hilarious.  The truth is, we don't know what the heck is going on right now in Arkansas.

The Duggars/Dillards surely have public relations people advising them, and for all we know, the 'due date' announced to the public was bogus from the start- all the better to stir the publicity pot.  Publicity= $$$

• Love 14

I'm with lianau. That baby knows what's in store for him and is resisting birth with all his might. If I had nothing to look forward to but Bible verse memorization, endless repetition of the word "totally" accompanied by giggles, and Josie as my aunt, I'd refuse to come out too.

• Love 16

the baby is probably consulting an attorney to see if he can sue the stork for placing him into this family .

Yes, and he can consult with his jack-of-all-trades [master of none] uncle John-David. I'm sure Boob can find a way to add "attorney" to JD's business card. Just gotta squish it in with tow truck operator, excavator, cop, firefighter etc.

• Love 6

I can't event tell you how many times I have checked in today for news. Completely entertained by everyone's posts! :D

That's been me *totally*. I'm checking in one last time tonite before going to bed.

• Love 6

Count me in as one of the checking twelve times a day people, too.

Are we all resigned to knowing it's going to be an Easter baby and we'll never hear the end of it?

• Love 10

So you're saying that she could have been on her cycle on her wedding night, and if so, by Duggar rules, not allowed to have Sex for seven days after it stops?

I wonder if she would have been allowed privacy to explain to Derrick a.) that she was on her period and b.) he was going to have to wait another week, or if that's just something she's save to surprise him after the wedding or if a chaperone would have to hear that business. How embarrassing!

• Love 2
(edited)

Oh, this is absolutely going to be an Easter baby. They will pull some crap about this pregnancy getting too risky for the baby and whisk her off to the hospital. She has probably been hooked up to ptocin since one minute past midnight.

Edited by dorcastrilling
  • Love 6
(edited)

Jellybean Dillard! That sounds about right as Cadbury sounds all uppity and all that since it was a British brand when it started. 

Announcements could read: Jellybean Dillard, son of Jillymuffin Duggar Dillard was born....

now I want a Cadbury egg.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 5
(edited)

If she does end up delivering in the hospItal, I hope Boob keeps the gang sequestered in the Stinkbus in the parking lot. Could you imagine them hanging out in a waiting room or worse, cafeteria with all those sticky dirty hands?

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 4

There's a reason even midwives don't go beyond two weeks.

My sister was four weeks late, and it was criminally negligent of the OB not to have intervened before.

• Love 3

. She has probably been hooked up to ptocin since one minute past midnight.

Michelle probably has a closet full of pregnancy tests, pitocin, and nursing pillows. I'm sure Jill 'stole' some of all three.

• Love 2

Where is this baby? I need sleep. Why do I feel that as soon as switch off the iPad and go to sleep (or attempt an approximation of sleep) the pickle will pop out? Now I have one more thing to add to my list of things that cause anxiety related insomnia. My therapist will love it!!

• Love 5