Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

I'm calling shenannigans on Baby dilly arrival.  I can see he (though she looks like she is carrying a "they").  Wouldn't it just be amazing if they announced his birth Tuesday when Jessa's wedding airs?

• Love 1

Call me crazy, but I'm thinking maybe she's had the baby. The fact that she made a point of announcing he would be late is a little suspect, as is the fact that she's been so quiet on social media. I'm thinking the timing might have something to do with Tuesday's airing of Jessa's wedding, potentially stealing her thunder, etc.

Or maybe she's being quiet because she's sick of people asking, "Haven't you had that baby YET?" I was two weeks late with my second, and those questions made me want to hit people.

And while I'm conspiracy-theorizing, I'm quite sure Jessa is pregnant. She clearly looked it in the People magazine photos when she was changing the sheets on the bed, or whatever she was doing. I predict an August due date.

• Love 2

In the "All About Jill" episode both Josh and Jana called Jill out as a snitch. Jana tried to phrase it as Jill cared about her siblings so much she wanted to keep them accountable, but you could totally read between the lines.

• Love 6

My 11 year old starts for bed at 9 pm each weeknight and she's ready for it! She likes getting ready for bed & putting on her pj's, and she's out by 9:30 or so. We get her up at 6:00 each morning without any trouble.

It seems Jill's house will have plenty of Duggar activity. I'm still not sure what the purpose of the "runners" are. Don't they have everything in place at her house already? Groceries and anything she might want to make herself more comfortable and pass the time are taken care of, what does a runner do? Unless it's just being at her side and getting what she wants within the house?

• Love 1

I used to tell my kids it is bedtime at 7:30 and they did not have to fall asleep as long as they were reading. Or, get in bed at 8:00 but lights out. They always choose the book route and were almost always asleep by 8:15 or so.

As a teacher, I love this idea! The kids get off to bed with a minimum of fuss, and maybe even become voracious readers in the bargain! Win-win!

Edited by Wellfleet
  • Love 2

My kids, especially my high schooler, would love to get more sleep. Its just not possible. We homeschool but we actually do school so that takes all day. Then 3 days a week she leaves the house at 3 for gymnastics and gets home at 9. at that point she's dirty and sweaty, hasn't eaten and is high from 5 hours of exercise. Plus she often has more school work. She has a 4th day of practice but that's Saturday so that helps. Midnight or late isn't unusual. 

As someone who had two home births, I have absolutely no idea what a runner is. I had a midwife, her assistant and my husband. 

Edited by 3girlsforus

I have absolutely no idea what a runner is. I had a midwife, her assistant and my husband

I'm not sure I understand what a runner is either. Honestly if I could have, I would have preferred to be completely left alone until the moment I delivered & I might have been okay with doing that alone if I had the knowledge to feel confident. When I'm in pain I like to be left alone & people, any people, even loved ones annoy me intensely. The idea of so many people that might want to intact with me, family members, midwives, runners, etc. would be maddening. Maybe Jilly loves chatting & hanging out with friends while in pain. I don't know, but if I'd had a "runner" I would have told them to run far away from me.
  • Love 7

Honestly if I could have, I would have preferred to be completely left alone until the moment I delivered & I might have been okay with doing that alone if I had the knowledge to feel confident. When I'm in pain I like to be left alone & people, any people, even loved ones annoy me intensely. The idea of so many people that might want to intact with me, family members, midwives, runners, etc. would be maddening. Maybe Jilly loves chatting & hanging out with friends while in pain. I don't know, but if I'd had a "runner" I would have told them to run far away from me.

She didn't seem too chatty when she was having those wisdom teeth extracted- or after.  Just saying.  And, she was medicated for that.

I think if Jill could plan it she'd pick Tuesday! :)

But babies come when ready, and that girl has no boundaries. We will know the moment he's here. There's money to be made on it.

• Love 3

I don't understand having so many people around during the birth either.  For me birth is not a spectator sport.  I only wanted my husband, the doctor, and the nurse.  Everyone else out and the pediatrician et al can wait in the hall.  I fortunately have quick, unmedicated labors, but I expected my husband to be the coach and mine and the baby's advocate.  He was a medic and actually either saved our lives or at least saved us from major complications in the first birth.  

• Love 2

I'm going with her waiting it out til Tuesday. Kill two birds with one stone. While watching the Binessa wedding the whole germy clan will all be together for the birth of baby RickJamesDillard so that Jill can steal Jessa's thunder. Then after RickJamesDillard is introduced Jessa steals the thunder away and announces that baby Binessa will be due in August!

• Love 1

I came late to the Duggar party, I would love to know what she could possibly have tattled about.

There's always "So-and-So had his/her eyes open during the prayer." My little dummies used that one a lot. Edited by Portia
  • Love 1

While I don't imagine that Cathy necessarily "approves" of their choice to birth at home esp with a first kid and esp since her son isn't an unemployed fundie without health insurance, I can see her being "supportive" of Jill as best she can during labor. I mean there isn't much anyone can do, the laboring mom needs to get through it -- but I can see her trying to be encouraging as best she can. In contrast, I can see Michelle shooting her looks or having that longing -- this should be me having child no. 20 looks -- while saying condescending things about yeah it hurts, but this is how God designed the process. I didn't find her particularly kind or interested during Anna's birth; you'd think someone who has labored 19 times could've been more supportive, encouraging or caring.

It'll be comparable to how dress shopping was with Jessa. Guinn was the one seen wiping away tears, and she was the one who said the dress was perfect for Jessa bc it was simple with clean lines but with extravagant beading, whereas her own mother said nothing aside from -- it's precious this new season of life -- and generally showed no emotion about her own daughter.

• Love 7

1) I have graciously accepted I have lost the pool. Congrats to... the eventual winner if there is one. 

2) I have a potential courtship lined up for Baby Dilly... A friend of mine was also due on earlier this week and is planning to be induced next week in April if the baby isn't here.  Anyway my friend is having a girl and she and baby dilly have a few things in common... 

3) I think Michelle will tell all about her labors, all 17 of them. I also expect she will say it seems like yesterday J--- was born, amazing how time has flown and now I'm in a new season of life. I basically think she will talk a lot. She probably start her stories with "that's a grand total of 19 and I delivered every one of them." 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 5

"that's a grand total of 19 and I delivered every one of them."

I can never hear that without thinking about the YouTube Kid Farm parody where the mom says, "that's 17 kids, more or less." It makes me laugh every time

ETA: I agree with the thought that Michelle will talk about her many, many labors will Jill is in labor. I can imagine that scenario clearly.

Edited by ramble
  • Love 4

Errand runners must be responsible for boiling the water!

According to an old joke in midwifery circles, the order to go boil some water was mainly a ploy to get the husband out of the room for a good long time, since in those days a fire had to be built, water collected from the well and so on before the kettle could even be put on the stove. By the time the water finally simmered, the baby was already wailing in its mother's arms and the father was still on his feet.

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/weekly/aa042299.htm

Perfect role for Michelle!

Edited by springtime

Eating my words; she is, in fact, still pregnant. She looks as if she's dropped a bit.

Reading the comments under the Instagram photo is ... I was going to say hilarious, but mostly sad. She doesn't exactly attract Mensa members.

Now she looks like she's dropped...a bit. She didn't before.

You would no when a baby drops, even breach (except possibly transverse ) It's noticeably lower and feels like a bowling ball between ur legs.

I can never hear that without thinking about the YouTube Kid Farm parody where the mom says, "that's 17 kids, more or less." It makes me laugh every time

ETA: I agree with the thought that Michelle will talk about her many, many labors will Jill is in labor. I can imagine that scenario clearly.

Including the saga of Josie's birth.

Is there a certain time frame midwives go by in determining if it's still safe to deliver at home? Like 2 weeks past the due date? I think someone mentioned this when discussing Jill's two due dates.

Including the saga of Josie's birth.

Is there a certain time frame midwives go by in determining if it's still safe to deliver at home? Like 2 weeks past the due date? I think someone mentioned this when discussing Jill's two due dates.

Yes - typically 37 - 42 weeks is considered acceptable for home birth. I'm not sure how all midwives handle past due dates but typically the due date will be reviewed giving priority to a due date from an ultrasound or other such date over the standard calculation of LMP.  She will be doing kick counts regularly to be sure the baby continues to be consistently active and usually around 41 weeks there will be a non-stress test (at least that's what my midwives did). Some midwives will strip membranes or recommend castor oil to try to jump start labor if they are very confident of the dates and 42 weeks is looming. 

Edited by 3girlsforus

Sorry, this is my first post here and I'm not entirely up to speed on the quote function; I'll figure it out but today is not that day.  At any rate, I can't speak for all midwives, but I had #2 son at home and the midwifery practice I used in conjunction with their backup OB practice allowed up to 2 weeks past the due date assuming the baby was tolerating pregnancy well and the amniotic fluid levels were acceptable.  I went 41 weeks +5 days before that child decided to appear. 

I hope Jill doesn't go as late as I did (and my first was 41 weeks, 4 days -- so much for the first one taking longer).  I was fine up to a week past my due date, but after that I felt it was getting ridiculous.  I put up April 2nd as my guess for Baby Dilly's birth, partly for good vibes and partly because it's my birthday and my mother's due date was for me was the same as Jill's albeit 45 years earlier, so heck, it could happen.

Edited to add: or what 3girlsforus said -- more detailed, while simultaneously more concise.  Back to lurking for me!

Edited by Lurking Amanda
  • Love 6

Call me crazy, but I'm thinking maybe she's had the baby. The fact that she made a point of announcing he would be late is a little suspect, as is the fact that she's been so quiet on social media. I'm thinking the timing might have something to do with Tuesday's airing of Jessa's wedding, potentially stealing her thunder, etc.

Or maybe she's being quiet because she's sick of people asking, "Haven't you had that baby YET?" I was two weeks late with my second, and those questions made me want to hit people.

And while I'm conspiracy-theorizing, I'm quite sure Jessa is pregnant. She clearly looked it in the People magazine photos when she was changing the sheets on the bed, or whatever she was doing. I predict an August due date.

The older girls all claim that they are each other's best friends, but Jill and Jessa always seem to want the limelight and try to outdo each other to gain whatever advantage is possible in that family - JB's approval? So I agree with Literata (above) re the timing of the various announcements re telecasts, babies and deliveries. Also gets a heap of bang for their buck in the magazines and other TV that give a hoot about them. The more announcements, the more likely national TV is likely to send a crew and then rake in the $$$$ for the clan.

As long as baby Dullard does not arrive on Easter Sunday (my birthday) I'll be happy.

• Love 2

According to Instagram Jill is indeed still pregnant. 40 weeks and 2 days. I'm no good with this linking thing but here goes:

I wonder if #babydilly will decide to come on the one year anniversary of my engagement to @jillmdillard this weekend.

https://instagram.com/p/0uuZcKmCXB/

Awww that would be soooo precious and special.

Hurry up RickJamesDillard my weekend is going to be busy so I can't sit around waiting for your every special precious arrival.

I didn't find her particularly kind or interested during Anna's births

Not did I, and I still maintain that although she might come around, I don't think Jill will feel as though she needs her.

I agree with the poster who said she hopes Miss Cathy is allowed to come around for the birth. It also would be entertaining to have Dan lurking in the shadows for a little comic relief, or maybe to take Derick out back for a (gasp!) cigar.

• Love 2
Guinn was the one seen wiping away tears, and she was the one who said the dress was perfect for Jessa bc it was simple with clean lines but with extravagant beading, whereas her own mother said nothing aside from -- it's precious this new season of life -- and generally showed no emotion about her own daughter.

That's because the "new season of life" is all about MICHELLE. She wasn't waxing poetic about how beautiful her daughter looked, or how this is a precious time for Jessa. It's MICHELLE who's now in a new season of life. Middle age. Grandmother. It's always about Michelle. 

• Love 11

Wonder if there's a 12-step program for this: Despite all my snark, before I even get out of bed in the morning, I Google them to see if she had the baby overnight. :(

I'll join you in the 12 step program. Periodically thru my day I wonder if Jill is in the throes of labor. We do need help. Lol.

Wow, she is carrying all up front isn't she?  Poor girl, her back must be killing her!

As I said before, there has to be some good elastic in that skirt.
  • Love 2

Little off topic from THE impending birth, but does anyone remember how many towel sets they received or asked for? I caught Clinton Kelly on the Meredith show recently & they were discussing registering for bridal gifts & towels came up. Guess who came to mind? He said you should have 3 sets of towels-one that's being used, one in laundry & one in linen closet.

IIRC, Jill asked for over 40 sets of towels. It has been mentioned that judging by the sheer volume of requested items (huge amounts of towels, multiple -- in other words, more than the typical -- complete bedding sets, three knife sets, three sets of cookware, etcetera) she or her parents were also planning on restocking the TTH at the same time.

• Love 2

will go into social media lockdown and wait for a magazine spread?

Gah! Someone help me. I'm embarrassed to admit this possibility makes me sad. Almost as sad as the rumor that they're going to name the guy Israel. (No offense to anyone who has a son with that name, or likes the name -- it's just too hardcore fundie for my liking.)

• Love 1

I'm skeptical that Jill knows what those are. She's an entire generation removed from them, and that would require actually buying toys. The only person that's ever tried to buy an actual toy on that show was Ben!

My midwife had me take herbs to help start labor for each birth since I was definitely past 40 weeks. I also used a homeopath with the second pregnancy. Of course for all I know that's considered devilish behavior.

I'm having a horrible mental image of a hugely pregnant current day Mechelle pushing a lawn mower in her bikini. It's frightening. That thought should be able to send someone into labor.

• Love 4