Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

Regarding the lime, when my daughter was a toddler, she was reaching for a lemon half, clearly wanting to eat it. I told her, "no", that she wouldn't like it, but she was insistent. So I let her lick it. She made a similar face to Iz's in the video, then immediately reached for more. She has always liked really intense flavors. I can't stand overly hot/spicy things, for example, but she inhales them. I rather think that if I'd been the sort to try to "train" my child with tabasco sauce or something, that would have backfired with her lol. I don't think the lime incident is a biggie. There are probably always things that babies will try and react badly to, even if offered in good faith. I doubt this is enough to give him trust issues. Far be it from me to defend the Duggars, but I did think the video was rather cute.

• Love 10

Yes to there will always be things the kid likes unexpectedly and other that are normal to the family that the kid hates.  We all love avocado.  The grandkids hate it.  Go figure.  The parents wanted to avoid hot sauce, yet the grandson wanted to dip his finger into mine and got a look of where have you been hiding this stuff?  I would never follow the current media trend of giving the kid a lemon video or lime as in this case.  They're doing it just to put the kid's reaction on social media and that's the part that seems wrong to me.  Letting a kid naturally explore is fine. Jill and Derick don't have the brain power and/or maturity to not be sheep.  Jim Bob trained Jill well to never think for herself, but I can't figure out for sure why Derick doesn't want to think.

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 8

I doubt Jill knows there is more than one position!

I totally agree& agree with poster that said marriage=babies for Jill & that's it. Jill just doesn't seem like the type of person willing to go outside the norm. As I've said before, I can't picture her in any type of Victoria Secrets sexy nightie. (Jessa yes, Jill, no). I can only picture Jill in a long sleeved to the neck flannel nightgown.

• Love 6

Today is the presidential election here in Guatemala so I wanted to head back to my town early. I didn't see the Dillard family while I was in Antigua. Of course, I wasn't hanging out in the super tourist areas though either. I may go back in a couple weeks if I can get a ride. Sorry, y'all.

• Love 4

Today is the presidential election here in Guatemala so I wanted to head back to my town early. I didn't see the Dillard family while I was in Antigua. Of course, I wasn't hanging out in the super tourist areas though either. I may go back in a couple weeks if I can get a ride. Sorry, y'all.

Do you still get to vote? Just curious if that's why you returned at this particular time.

Jill was probably trying to vote.

• Love 2

Do you still get to vote? Just curious if that's why you returned at this particular time.

No, I don't vote in their elections. I am an American citizen. I wanted to get back to the town because the election is pretty contentious (I won't bore you with the details, but their last president and VP were forced to resign and are currently awaiting trial). It is always better for non - citizens to not be out and about too much on these days.

As for Jill trying to vote... lol. I'm guessing God would not be leading her to vote for either candidate. Though, polling places would be great places for her to mingle for Jesus :

Edited by Guatemama3641
  • Love 4

As for Jill trying to vote... lol. I'm guessing God would not be leading her to vote for either candidate. Though, polling places would be great places for her to mingle for Jesus :

"But we've been here practically a week! We can almost say whole sentences in Spanish! We need the footage!"

• Love 7

FWIW, my family still laughs about the time I tried horseradish. I was older than Izzy (I think I was 3) but according to my aunt my face turned beet red and I practically had smoke coming out of my ears. Probably good there was no social media back then.

• Love 2

Awww this reminds me when our oldest was about 1.5/2 years. We were at a burger place where there is a topping bar. I put some red onion on my plate abd she kept waiting to eat them. She wouldn't give up so we let her eat one. To our surprise she liked it and wanted more! From that time on she ate onions. It was weird having a toddler with onion breath.

• Love 7

I want to thank the Dillard's for going to Guatemala because it reminded me of all the huipils I purchased there in the 1970s. So I found them and listed on ebay and figure I'll make a couple hundred.

I would turn those into cushion covers... oooo so pretty.

Just realized JB might have them bring back containers full of textiles to satisfy the demand in Bohemian interiors.

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 1

At this point, I'm getting a sinking feeling that the so-called "creeps" were nice, normal guys. LOL!

Also, Izzy tries a lime::

https://instagram.com/p/9M9Di_Ls8Z/?taken-by=jillmdillard

That's adorable. My daughter made the same face at her first taste of lemon. She was about the same age as Baby Israel. Then she reached for more. She's an adult now, but has been in love with lemons and other intense flavors ever since.

• Love 2

Awww this reminds me when our oldest was about 1.5/2 years. We were at a burger place where there is a topping bar. I put some red onion on my plate abd she kept waiting to eat them. She wouldn't give up so we let her eat one. To our surprise she liked it and wanted more! From that time on she ate onions. It was weird having a toddler with onion breath.

Same thing happened with my youngest.  We had to hold off on introducing even rice cereal because her digestive tract couldn't handle it, and had to introduce solids slowly and carefully.  At about 9 months of age we were in a restaurant when she suddenly decided she wanted a pickle wedge from one of my other kids plate.  She kicked up such a fuss that I decided to let her try it, and when she didn't like it she'd accept the baby food I'd brought. 

With (what seemed to be) the whole restaurant watching, she figured out how to hold on to the slippery thing and put the end of it into her mouth.  We all laughed when she made the predictable sour face.  But she didn't stop there.  After a few seconds she tried the pickle again, thought about how she felt about it, and decided that pickles were the best thing ever! 

I didn't let her gnaw too much, because I worried about what the vinegar would do to her tummy.  She was fine.  After that I let her try things that she really seemed interested in.  You should have seen her a few days later use her two teeth to break the skin of an apple and use that opening to pretty much eat that thing down to the core.

• Love 9

That's adorable. My daughter made the same face at her first taste of lemon. She was about the same age as Baby Israel. Then she reached for more. She's an adult now, but has been in love with lemons and other intense flavors ever since.

I have loved lemons, and pickles, since I was a toddler. Pretty common in my family, 

We are WAY off topic.

Edited by Purpose to defraud
  • Love 3

The lime video doesn't bother me, lots of people do that - I mean come on, you don't watch America's Funniest Home Videos?

I don't think JIll is pregnant.  I'm hoping the complications with Izzy scared the bee jeezus out of her.  Hopefully the doctors told her to wait, and she is listening - or Derick is. 

FWIW, my family still laughs about the time I tried horseradish. I was older than Izzy (I think I was 3) but according to my aunt my face turned beet red and I practically had smoke coming out of my ears. Probably good there was no social media back then.

Questionfear, I remember the horseradish thing with my older son...Though he would have been about 10 years old by then. He's always been somewhat sensitive to stimuli of various kinds, so I was probably somewhat at fault, though he does take the opportunity to bring it up to this day (20 years later) if he wants to give me a guilt trip...This was freshly ground horseradish, though...a LOT more potent than anything out of a jar at the grocery store. He was asking about it, and I told him (in what I meant to be a definite, over-the-top, sarcastic tone, "oh, take a BIG whiff!". Which he did. Then spent the next 10 minutes gagging, choking, coughing, eyes running, sinuses burning....He's never forgiven me...I honestly thought he would be able to read my voice/body language and proceed with caution. But he does relish any opportunity to guilt me out, so it's all good.

• Love 1

Questionfear, I remember the horseradish thing with my older son...Though he would have been about 10 years old by then. He's always been somewhat sensitive to stimuli of various kinds, so I was probably somewhat at fault, though he does take the opportunity to bring it up to this day (20 years later) if he wants to give me a guilt trip...This was freshly ground horseradish, though...a LOT more potent than anything out of a jar at the grocery store. He was asking about it, and I told him (in what I meant to be a definite, over-the-top, sarcastic tone, "oh, take a BIG whiff!". Which he did. Then spent the next 10 minutes gagging, choking, coughing, eyes running, sinuses burning....He's never forgiven me...I honestly thought he would be able to read my voice/body language and proceed with caution. But he does relish any opportunity to guilt me out, so it's all good.

My dad did this as a joke when I was a kid.  Every Easter we would have a ham and there would be horseradish on the side for the adults.  My dad asked me if I wanted to smell the horseradish.  There were tears involved and my grandmother (his mother) never let him hear the end of it for the rest of the day.

At this point, I'm getting a sinking feeling that the so-called "creeps" were nice, normal guys. LOL!

Also, Izzy tries a lime::

https://instagram.com/p/9M9Di_Ls8Z/?taken-by=jillmdillard

Bolding above is mine.

Enjoy the lime, kid. It's the last piece of fresh produce you're going to see for Quite-A-While.

Edited to add - Although, on second thought... maybe not. I'm sure the Dillards won't be able to get "canned everything" in Central America. And there won't be any room-sized freezer units available to them either. They may be forced to give the Iz fresh food. All that fruit they grow in that part of the world! It doesn't get fresher than that. Israel will become spoiled for fresh bananas, pineapple etc. Maybe he'll refuse to settle for a Duggar diet when they come back permanently. And that's a good thing.

Edited by Wellfleet
  • Love 9

It's a very good theory, imo. My sister was married to a police sergeant (he passed away 2 years ago from cancer attributed to 9-11), my daughter is married to a police officer. It's not easy at all. There's a long list of why!!

Very sorry about your Brother in law <3 xoxo. 

• Love 3

The lime video doesn't bother me, lots of people do that - I mean come on, you don't watch America's Funniest Home Videos?

I don't think JIll is pregnant.  I'm hoping the complications with Izzy scared the bee jeezus out of her.  Hopefully the doctors told her to wait, and she is listening - or Derick is. 

See if anything, I think Izzy being born healthy makes her feel like all these 'complications' and 'precautions' are for OTHER people, not her, because Jesus.

I very much doubt she listens to the doctors or takes them seriously. 

• Love 10

Regarding the lime, when my daughter was a toddler, she was reaching for a lemon half, clearly wanting to eat it. I told her, "no", that she wouldn't like it, but she was insistent. So I let her lick it. She made a similar face to Iz's in the video, then immediately reached for more. She has always liked really intense flavors. I can't stand overly hot/spicy things, for example, but she inhales them. I rather think that if I'd been the sort to try to "train" my child with tabasco sauce or something, that would have backfired with her lol. I don't think the lime incident is a biggie. There are probably always things that babies will try and react badly to, even if offered in good faith. I doubt this is enough to give him trust issues. Far be it from me to defend the Duggars, but I did think the video was rather cute.

My kids were the same way with lemons and limes. We offered, they liked it and ate more. We also did the baby-lead weaning type food process; just not quite as strictly though we did zero baby food. That being said, I think taking a video of it and posting it for the world to see is kinda shitty; but the Duggars are 'famous' so everything they do is questioned. 

Regarding the lime, when my daughter was a toddler, she was reaching for a lemon half, clearly wanting to eat it. I told her, "no", that she wouldn't like it, but she was insistent. So I let her lick it. She made a similar face to Iz's in the video, then immediately reached for more.

I have a great memory of my 2.5 yr old niece eating "hot chicken" (buffalo wings). She was in tears, crying how she didn't like them, they were too hot... while taking them off other people's plates and shoveling them into her mouth. "I don't like this chicken. This chicken is too hot. Is there more chicken? I don't like the chicken..."  She woke up the next morning telling us that the chicken was too hot and she didn't like it, can we have it for dinner again?

• Love 14

In the spirit of complete honesty...if someone else had posted this I probably would think it was adorable. I am so fed up with these people they can do nothing right in my eyes. Nothing. I hate their misogny and their ignorance so everything is viewed through that lense.

• Love 21

In the spirit of complete honesty...if someone else had posted this I probably would think it was adorable. I am so fed up with these people they can do nothing right in my eyes. Nothing. I hate their misogny and their ignorance so everything is viewed through that lense.

Pretty honest NC, and I tend to see them in the worst light as well. The flip side is, if they do a very few simple or decent actions that we would expect from our own social group, we get really positive and excited and root for them to 'escape' and live fuller happier lives. So..all they have to do is some simple decent actions. :)

• Love 7

Any more Dillard vacation pictures of late?  That's probably why they gave what's her name a free trip on donors money so she could take pictures of them enjoying themselves.

Expect more, 'look how hard I am studying for a language I claim to speak' and more 'grocery shopping in a dirt floor store, right next to a super Walmart' and how about the classic 'mingling with the Christians to convert them or they will burn in hell, unlike us'.

• Love 10

Expect more, 'look how hard I am studying for a language I claim to speak' and more 'grocery shopping in a dirt floor store, right next to a super Walmart' and how about the classic 'mingling with the Christians to convert them or they will burn in hell, unlike us'.

You nailed it.

• Love 3

Pretty honest NC, and I tend to see them in the worst light as well. The flip side is, if they do a very few simple or decent actions that we would expect from our own social group, we get really positive and excited and root for them to 'escape' and live fuller happier lives. So..all they have to do is some simple decent actions. :)

You're so right about that ! It's like I'm searching desperately for something - anything - to grab onto to humanize them. I'm very big on the whole "giving credit where credit is due", so I'm the first to admit that Anna is a good mother and is doing her level best to raise her children, that I'm proud that JD got his pilot's license, that, yes, Jessa does have really pretty hair, and on and on. 

But the endless, incessant tone-deafness of Jill and Derrick with MissionGate (to bring this back on topic) is just insufferable ! It's too much !

I can't figure out if they're really that stupid, or if they're simply screwing with us and laughing all the way to the bank. The fact that they're essentially taking a vacation on someone else's charitable dime, have spent overwhelmingly more time in the US doing fun things and visiting family and friends than actual mission work, and the mission work that they have done is questionable, at best, is all just ridiculous and infuriating ! 

And the donate button is STILL up ! How is that even possible ? The absurdity is giving me a migraine.

Edited by SomePity1066
  • Love 22

You're so right about that ! It's like I'm searching desperately for something - anything - to grab onto to humanize them. I'm very big on the whole "giving credit where credit is due", so I'm the first to admit that Anna is a good mother and is doing her level best to raise her children, that I'm proud that JD got his pilot's license, that, yes, Jessa does have really pretty hair, and on and on. 

But the endless, incessant tone-deafness of Jill and Derrick with MissionGate (to bring this back on topic) is just insufferable ! It's too much !

I can't figure out if they're really that stupid, or if they're simply screwing with us and laughing all the way to the bank. The fact that they're essentially taking a vacation on someone else's charitable dime, have spent overwhelmingly more time in the US doing fun things and visiting family and friends than actual mission work, and the mission work that they have done is questionable, at best, is all just ridiculous and infuriating ! 

And the donate button is STILL up ! How is that even possible ? The absurdity is giving me a migraine.

Bravo Bravo wonderful post.

• Love 4

Exactly.  I think J&D are seriously out of their league and do not realize how embarrassing their grifting appears.

However, I do take offense at the people that attack them for everything they do with their baby.  I'm not talking about this forum, but other forums.  They can be brutal.  People can be horrible.  I would hate to have people questioning every pose I put baby Iz in, every new food he tasted, and every chair he sits in.  

Every baby is different.  To me, he looks like a very happy baby.  Whatever J&D are doing wrong, they seem to be raising a happy baby.   

I will snark on them for everything else - but I must say they have an adorable Izzy. 

• Love 12

But the S.O.S. guy is a huge star in the Gothard circles they run in and that are really all the Duggars know. And, I would guess, with that being the case tons of people they know go on these missioncations and consider them wonderful things sent by God etc. Just a couple of weeks ago he was a big fat honored guest at the Gothard "family camp" or whatever that thing is that's apparently the highlight of the year in their culture. So with that the case throughout their own social/religious circle, what would lead them to see it any differently?

This looks tone deaf to those of us with utterly different modes of life, but to the people Jill has known and respected for her whole life -- and to the whole culture in which Derick is now a newly married partner -- it's a great thing to do. How many people have clear perceptions about what's done and not done in social milieus that are completely different from their own, especially when they're people who have been very sheltered in a single lifestyle (or probably pretty close to it, in Derick's case) for a whole lifetime? I'm sure that if I went into a Gothard-type group, I would have absolutely no clue what was an acceptable thing and what an unacceptable. I'd be utterly tone deaf.

That's the situation that the Duggar kids are in with respect to the rest of us. They've never been to school -- not for one day to any school at any level. They've never worked outside the home. They have no close friends and the friendquaintances they do have are all from the exact same cultish background as they are and, for the most part, are Duggar worshippers. They don't ride on public transportation, play in playgrounds with neighbor kids, or join girl scouts or reading groups or knitting circles. They've seldom attended churches outside of their own group -- often their only churches have been in buildings their father owns and with an invitation-only congregation. They go to the store only in the company of family members so they don't even have an opportunity to have casual conversations with strangers. They don't read books, magazines or newspapers except as published by their own cultish group and people with the same sympathies, they don't watch tv or listen to radio, and they only go online as much as they can sneak past e-controls, accountability buddies, and many years of teachings about the satanic nature of what they'll run into there. The Duggars' previous visits to Latin America under the auspices of the same group J and D are in now -- and completely taken up with activities like fingernail painting -- have not only been heralded by their fellow cultists but have been portrayed as wonderful by a mainstream tv network and gotten them People covers. What basis of knowledge and understanding can they possibly have that would allow them to label as wrong and unacceptable behavior  that's not just accepted but applauded and viewed as a holy by their entire circle?

Derick has a somewhat different situation, but he's pretty clearly a newlywed weenie who is now pretty completely under the control of his wife and his in-laws. Plus, he clearly believes that mission-as-conversion is a great great thing, and that's what their new leader, the S.O.S. guy, presumably does. And he does it to the applause of quite a few people. Seems to me that it will take a heck of a lot more experience before they could possibly be equipped to understand how most people view what they're doing, and Jill has so thoroughly embraced her brainwashing that I don't know if anything could shake it. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 20

Exactly. I think J&D are seriously out of their league and do not realize how embarrassing their grifting appears.

However, I do take offense at the people that attack them for everything they do with their baby. I'm not talking about this forum, but other forums. They can be brutal. People can be horrible. I would hate to have people questioning every pose I put baby Iz in, every new food he tasted, and every chair he sits in.

Every baby is different. To me, he looks like a very happy baby. Whatever J&D are doing wrong, they seem to be raising a happy baby.

I will snark on them for everything else - but I must say they have an adorable Izzy.

They could not post his pictures all over social media or you know...make their profile private. I know...a girl can dream.

• Love 8

But the S.O.S. guy is a huge star in the Gothard circles they run in and that are really all the Duggars know. And, I would guess, with that being the case tons of people they know go on these missioncations and consider them wonderful things sent by God etc. Just a couple of weeks ago he was a big fat honored guest at the Gothard "family camp" or whatever that thing is that's apparently the highlight of the year in their culture. So with that the case throughout their own social/religious circle, what would lead them to see it any differently?

This looks tone deaf to those of us with utterly different modes of life, but to the people Jill has known and respected for her whole life -- and to the whole culture in which Derick is now a newly married partner -- it's a great thing to do. How many people have clear perceptions about what's done and not done in social milieus that are completely different from their own, especially when they're people who have been very sheltered in a single lifestyle (or probably pretty close to it, in Derick's case) for a whole lifetime? I'm sure that if I went into a Gothard-type group, I would have absolutely no clue what was an acceptable thing and what an unacceptable. I'd be utterly tone deaf.

That's the situation that the Duggar kids are in with respect to the rest of us. They've never been to school -- not for one day to any school at any level. They've never worked outside the home. They have no close friends and the friendquaintances they do have are all from the exact same cultish background as they are and, for the most part, are Duggar worshippers. They don't ride on public transportation, play in playgrounds with neighbor kids, or join girl scouts or reading groups or knitting circles. They've seldom attended churches outside of their own group -- often their only churches have been in buildings their father owns and with an invitation-only congregation. They go to the store only in the company of family members so they don't even have an opportunity to have casual conversations with strangers. They don't read books, magazines or newspapers except as published by their own cultish group and people with the same sympathies, they don't watch tv or listen to radio, and they only go online as much as they can sneak past e-controls, accountability buddies, and many years of teachings about the satanic nature of what they'll run into there. The Duggars' previous visits to Latin America under the auspices of the same group J and D are in now -- and completely taken up with activities like fingernail painting -- have not only been heralded by their fellow cultists but have been portrayed as wonderful by a mainstream tv network and gotten them People covers. What basis of knowledge and understanding can they possibly have that would allow them to label as wrong and unacceptable behavior  that's not just accepted but applauded and viewed as a holy by their entire circle?

Derick has a somewhat different situation, but he's pretty clearly a newlywed weenie who is now pretty completely under the control of his wife and his in-laws. Plus, he clearly believes that mission-as-conversion is a great great thing, and that's what their new leader, the S.O.S. guy, presumably does. And he does it to the applause of quite a few people. Seems to me that it will take a heck of a lot more experience before they could possibly be equipped to understand how most people view what they're doing, and Jill has so thoroughly embraced her brainwashing that I don't know if anything could shake it. 

Not just the Post of the Day - this is my Post of the YEAR !

"Don't call it a comeback, I've been here for years

Rockin' my peers and putting suckas in fear..."

;)

• Love 7

Not just the Post of the Day - this is my Post of the YEAR !

"Don't call it a comeback, I've been here for years

Rockin' my peers and putting suckas in fear..."

;)

Ah, I believe you are the queen of overstatement! (But thanks, anyway!)

Yea Churchhoney is back!

I'm hard to get rid of completely. ; - )

• Love 7

These missioncations are indeed very popular. There are a couple of fundie teen/young adult blogs that I'venoticed that ask for donations to go on these excursions and it looks like they are able to fund their trips that way. So it is very much a part of this culture and supported by their community. From the pixs on these blogs it looks like nail painting, a village or orphanage visit and loud praise praying are the norm. I think as a young adult these excursions are great for that kid and hopefully the trip will open their eyes to a world bigger than their own. Calling it a mission is rather a stretch but SOS seems to have tapped into a business plan that works well for them.

That said, while the programs are probably good as a teen excursion for the Dillards, not so much. If it was set-up as the Dillards leading these youth programs, which I think is what the real deal is, at least it would be honest.

• Love 1

I have a great memory of my 2.5 yr old niece eating "hot chicken" (buffalo wings). She was in tears, crying how she didn't like them, they were too hot... while taking them off other people's plates and shoveling them into her mouth. "I don't like this chicken. This chicken is too hot. Is there more chicken? I don't like the chicken..."  She woke up the next morning telling us that the chicken was too hot and she didn't like it, can we have it for dinner again?

That is a great memory.  As my friend often says jokingly re: children and babies, especially when he can catch one out in public roaring in indignation at what looks like nothing: "See?  Those things are crazy.  Literally mentally ill."

Exactly.  I think J&D are seriously out of their league and do not realize how embarrassing their grifting appears.

However, I do take offense at the people that attack them for everything they do with their baby.  I'm not talking about this forum, but other forums.  They can be brutal.  People can be horrible.  I would hate to have people questioning every pose I put baby Iz in, every new food he tasted, and every chair he sits in.  

Every baby is different.  To me, he looks like a very happy baby.  Whatever J&D are doing wrong, they seem to be raising a happy baby.   

I know, I'm with you.  I like babies.  They can do just about anything, including the previously mentioned public roaring, and I'm cackling in my sleeve feeling sorry for the little scrap.

Oh, Churchie, I have perfect faith in you... not that I'd see you in that situation for the world, but I think you'd do fine.  You'd follow my personal Duggar lens mantra of "WWTPD? or, What Would the Puritans Do?"  Just think what the Massachusetts Bay Colony, home of Salem Witch Trials and Cotton Mather, would have done and approved of. :)

• Love 1

That said, while the programs are probably good as a teen excursion for the Dillards, not so much. If it was set-up as the Dillards leading these youth programs, which I think is what the real deal is, at least it would be honest.

This honesty thing is where I'm betting Derick's Nepal experience under the (cloaked) auspices of the IMB plays a role. I'm still convinced that he went in there under their "Creative Access" program, with his cover being a combo of language programs and part-time work for a trekking company someone from IMB helped locals set up. But to him -- and to IMB -- his "real" work was sticking like glue to some of those same locals and jawing them about conversion during work hours, while socializing and so on. With IMB -- the apparent gold standard of conservative-Christian missions -- embracing the idea of sending missionaries to convert while denying that those people are there for that reason, I would think that Derick would feel quite comfortable in a situation where he did two jobs on his "mission" but only talked about one of them. The S.O.S. guy likely has a similar slant on the thing.

Here's what he says about his "ministry" -- 'The very nature of the acronym S.O.S. states our purpose:  Seekers Of Souls.  For even the Apostle Paul declared that he was not seeking his own profit or gain, but seeking “the profit of many, that they may be saved.  Be imitators of me, just as I also am of Christ.”  (I Cor. 10:33-11:1)  Pursuing those who are hopeless so they may become believers of our Lord has become our vision and passion in following both the example of Christ and Paul.  Though the Lord is the one who convicts, draws, and saves, He has called all believers to seek out the lost and bear witness to His message of redemption.  As echoed in the words of the dear Apostle in the book of Romans, we too desire to have “beautiful feet”.'...

'...“We are a Faith-Based Ministry”:

We are a faith-based ministry.  That means 100% of the funds we need to live and work on are donated by fellowships, businesses and people who believe as we do.  We are trusting God to provide for our needs.  Therefore, we seek to be a blessing and a challenge in regards to missions whenever possible and trust that God will touch the hearts of those whom should be involved financially in the work.  We will trust that you, in fellowship with God, can determine if it is His will for you to support us.'

http://www.soshope.org/about/

And then he says this about the missioncations -- 'Woven into the fabric of S.O.S. Ministries are Short Term Mission Trips.  Each trip is different based on the needs of those being served and based on what God chooses to do on a specific trip.'

http://www.soshope.org/serve-overseas/

So it's God directing those tour groups to perform mime.

I'll bet Derick just sees this as the same IMB-sanctioned doublespeak and is thrilled that this time it's the conversion mission he gets to talk about while perhaps being encouraged to say little about the business angle, instead of the other way around. .... To me, stuff Derick's said suggests that he would love to see and portray himself as a conversion missionary all the time, rather than a part-time trek company employee or a leader of teenage tour groups, but IMB wouldn't allow that -- for fear of inspiring government crackdowns around the world -- while Mr. S.O.S.'s business plan requires the opposite, actually telling J and D to put themselves forward as Seekers of Souls rather than tour guides. ... No wonder Derick's all in on Mr. S.O.S.'s project.

Also -- somehow I missed this earlier, but I recently saw the news that the IMB is working to cut about 800 people from their rolls, which have already greatly declined from their 2009 levels. So no wonder D Dullard would seek another way to seek souls. Even if he and Jill were much closer to being qualified, their shot at IMB jobs would still be much diminished from what he may have hoped earlier.      http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2015/august-web-only/southern-baptists-will-cut-800-missionaries-imb-david-platt.html

• Love 7

This honesty thing is where I'm betting Derick's Nepal experience under the (cloaked) auspices of the IMB plays a role. I'm still convinced that he went in there under their "Creative Access" program, with his cover being a combo of language programs and part-time work for a trekking company someone from IMB helped locals set up. But to him -- and to IMB -- his "real" work was sticking like glue to some of those same locals and jawing them about conversion during work hours, while socializing and so on. With IMB -- the apparent gold standard of conservative-Christian missions -- embracing the idea of sending missionaries to convert while denying that those people are there for that reason, I would think that Derick would feel quite comfortable in a situation where he did two jobs on his "mission" but only talked about one of them. ..

Also -- somehow I missed this earlier, but I recently saw the news that the IMB is working to cut about 800 people from their rolls, which have already greatly declined from their 2009 levels. So no wonder D Dullard would seek another way to seek souls. Even if he and Jill were much closer to being qualified, their shot at IMB jobs would still be much diminished from what he may have hoped earlier.      http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2015/august-web-only/southern-baptists-will-cut-800-missionaries-imb-david-platt.html

So what is this guy?  The undercover missionary?

When the TLC crew filmed the episode of Jill and Jim Bob going to meet Derick for the first time in Nepal, what did they film?  They showed Derick taking the Duggars to restaurants, tourist shops and local attractions.  The special never once showed Derick doing any kind of work there – voluntary, humanitarian, missionary or otherwise.  The special showed none of Derick's friends in the country or even a church he might frequent.  Nothing.  To me, that glaring omission was a real clue that the guy wasn't doing much of anything in Nepal.

Under the 'Creative Access' program, the IMB operates under the IMB name in the countries.  It's no secret and they have over 500 videos on YouTube explaining everything they do.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCISe0ldpbywIx2hkRyTklEw

IMB is cutting positions mostly from headquarters staff.  In 2015, it still hired 300 new missionaries and it anticipates sending 300 new missionaries in 2016.  The Dillards do not meet the qualifications.

• Love 1

Dullard update:

Ministry Update

October 27, 2015

By Derick and Jill

It has been one week since we returned to Central America to continue our study of the Spanish language, and we’ve already taken advantage of many opportunities the Lord has given us to be on mission for Him where we are now. We are in class 20 hrs per week, learning one-on-one with local Spanish teachers. There is a great, Bible-believing church near our apartment that we’ve gotten plugged in to. They’ve provided us with most of the Spanish materials we’ve used for ministry since we’ve been here. When we aren’t studying Spanish, including homework assignments, we’re able to put what we’ve learned into practice as we navigate the local market for our necessities and as we serve in the community. This past week, we were blessed to serve in a birth center, an orphanage, and visit in the home of a local Mayan family. Israel has loved spending time with his grandma Cathy, as she was able to travel down with us to spend a week as we’re transitioning back.

Please keep the following prayer needs in mind as you go before the Father:

• That the political instability and violence of the region would be such that we could make the transition effectively.

National and local elections – that God would put authorities in place who would honor the Word of God and His people

• Prison and gang ministry. Many of the men in Central America are in custody for gang involvement, leaving the gangs themselves as the primary influence of many children, especially young boys, who, sadly, tend to follow in their fathers’ footsteps. By God’s grace and the prayers and fasting of his people, this deadly cycle can be broken and this land healed.

We are deeply grateful for the love, prayers and support we’ve received. Thank you for being our friends and our partners in the faith.

To sign up for our Ministry update emails please click here.

Hmm which country in Central America has had national elections lately?

• Love 4