Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

I was reading comments on the Duggars' FB page and one woman said Derick and Jill are doing a great service for the people of Central America because the Catholic religion is full of idolatry. *sigh*

I saw the recent pictures on P&H, and if Jill doesn't hack a foot off that nasty, scraggly ass hair soon, I'm going to fly to Antigua and do it for her.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 6

Right now would be an ideal time for Jill to develop a girl crush on her MIL. She could learn some things about raising children without beating them or "training" them, and about having the number of children you can care for well, rather than the greatest number your body can produce. She could learn about the advantages of providing stability and structure for a child with regular meal time, bath time, story time, and bed time.

She could learn about basic hygiene and regular bathing and grooming. She could learn to find a flattering hair style for herself and clothes that flatter her figure.

There is a lot she could learn from her MIL, but I don't hold out a lot of hope. She is as arrogant as her parents and I doubt she that anyone can teach her anything -- she will probably try to "teach" her MIL about the one-and-only correct (Duggar) method of doing things.

• Love 7

One of the humper's comments:

I hope they are haggling about the price of those shoes - after all they're not in a thrust store now

Now I KNOW that it was just a typo or autocorrect, but that is funny. Damn funny... 

• Love 10

Right now would be an ideal time for Jill to develop a girl crush on her MIL. She could learn some things about raising children without beating them or "training" them, and about having the number of children you can care for well, rather than the greatest number your body can produce. She could learn about the advantages of providing stability and structure for a child with regular meal time, bath time, story time, and bed time.

She could learn about basic hygiene and regular bathing and grooming. She could learn to find a flattering hair style for herself and clothes that flatter her figure.

There is a lot she could learn from her MIL, but I don't hold out a lot of hope. She is as arrogant as her parents and I doubt she that anyone can teach her anything -- she will probably try to "teach" her MIL about the one-and-only correct (Duggar) method of doing things.

Look at Derick and his brother. The MIL fucked up somewhere -- so badly that one son marries a slavebride and the other is still playing with Boy Scouts.
  • Love 3

Given his mom's professional obligations and his dad's job, I would think the dad was the hands-on parent. And, honestly, it has crossed my mind to wonder whether some of Derrick's choices (although mostly the one where he was looking for a submissive Donna Reed-type fantasy fifties SAHM-wife without feeling the need to become the primary wage earner) don't spring out of his resentment of not having a servant mom.

• Love 1

Given his mom's professional obligations and his dad's job, I would think the dad was the hands-on parent. And, honestly, it has crossed my mind to wonder whether some of Derrick's choices (although mostly the one where he was looking for a submissive Donna Reed-type fantasy fifties SAHM-wife without feeling the need to become the primary wage earner) don't spring out of his resentment of not having a servant mom.

See I think differently- I think neither parent was hands on, and Derrick might have resented having two full time working parents. ( he might actually have had to make his own breakfast, hold his own after school). Especially with a dad who is a cop.

I think this mainly because I am married to a cop also, and with their schedules and what not you feel single half the time, and my fellow cop wife friends say they they often feel like single moms. Its hard!!! I can see how this would make him want a SAHW who is there all the time. It would be super chaotic if his dad works like a swing shift and weekends and his mom worked a regular 9-5. His mom would not only be responsible for work but also all the carpooling ect. She would be the only one able to help with the homework, make dinner ect. 

Most people I know who have husbands for cops and children do not work full time, most do part time/work from home. I will def have to change things around with my work when we have kids, atleast when they are small and dependant on us for most things. I can see how this would contribute for Derrick to want a SAHW to basically wipe his butt and pour his cereal. Thats my theory. LOL

• Love 4

What a candid and spontaneous photo of Derick putting in great effort to study. Sigh.

I bet that wasn't even taken with his phone propped up against the salt shaker with the timer on, it looks so natural. 

Utter joy?

That was adorable. ADORABLE! I always wondered if you really do love taxes.

• Love 3

See I think differently- I think neither parent was hands on, and Derrick might have resented having two full time working parents. ( he might actually have had to make his own breakfast, hold his own after school). Especially with a dad who is a cop.

I think this mainly because I am married to a cop also, and with their schedules and what not you feel single half the time, and my fellow cop wife friends say they they often feel like single moms. Its hard!!! I can see how this would make him want a SAHW who is there all the time. It would be super chaotic if his dad works like a swing shift and weekends and his mom worked a regular 9-5. His mom would not only be responsible for work but also all the carpooling ect. She would be the only one able to help with the homework, make dinner ect. 

Most people I know who have husbands for cops and children do not work full time, most do part time/work from home. I will def have to change things around with my work when we have kids, atleast when they are small and dependant on us for most things. I can see how this would contribute for Derrick to want a SAHW to basically wipe his butt and pour his cereal. Thats my theory. LOL

I totally feel their pain. I worked lobster for years so there'd be someone home most of the time, and making two jobs work is hard. I assume Mrs. D had help. 

What he looks like is a Klingon.  Because Star Trek is the last time I saw a forehead that wrinkly on purpose. 

11950648_1002341999828972_1346355158_n.j

Mind you I am not commenting on his teeth because, well... my teeth.

ETA: sorry the pic is so huge, I don't know how to shrink it

Derick has lost a lot of weight.  Look at his wedding ring:  it's sliding off his finger.

The Dullards look dirty and unkempt to me. Take a bath. That's all.

What's with the unshaven look on Derick and Ben?  If they want to grow a beard, then they should grow a beard.  Why the stubble?  And, how do they maintain that so that they don't grow a beard?  This has me mystified.  If you've ever kissed a man with stubble, it's scratchy.  Would appreciate someone explaining to me why they do this!

• Love 1

What's with the unshaven look on Derick and Ben?  If they want to grow a beard, then they should grow a beard.  Why the stubble?  And, how do they maintain that so that they don't grow a beard?  This has me mystified.  If you've ever kissed a man with stubble, it's scratchy.  Would appreciate someone explaining to me why they do this!

Laziness.  They shave once a week, probably before they go to Church on Sunday.  (Pure speculation on my part, but this seems to be how the Millennial generation does it.)

• Love 1

Laziness.  They shave once a week, probably before they go to Church on Sunday.  (Pure speculation on my part, but this seems to be how the Millennial generation does it.)

Josh Duggar, when last photographed, was a stubble guy, too.  

Look at Derick and his brother. The MIL fucked up somewhere -- so badly that one son marries a slavebride and the other is still playing with Boy Scouts.

I don;t know all the details on Derrick's brother, but it's very common for former boy scouts to still be involved. Sometimes leaders need extra hands, and a former boy scout is a great role model.

I am only defending him because my wife was a girl scout leader even though we didn't have kids at the time. She was helping a friend who was the head of her daughter's small girl scout troop, and they needed a second adult for camping trips/hikes/etc. The other girls' parents were very hands off and didn't want to volunteer/didn't have the time, so my wife offered to help her friend and ended up working with the troop for several years. It's not creepy when you put things like that in context. 

• Love 13

I agree. I think that early on a lot of people had such high hopes for Derick and thought very highly of his mother, but a lot of that early hope has faded. Still, Cathy looks clean and well put together and her children aren't swaddled in layers of rags. She only had two children and doesn't talk about "training" them. She has an education and encouraged education in her sons. And, of course, as far as we know, none of her children molested small children.

The bar is pretty low as far as being a better mother than J'chelle goes, and I think Jill could learn a lot from her if she was open to learning anything.

• Love 8

Stubble is a current look.  It isn't my favorite either but I see it a lot.  Shavers are made with various "stubble" settings now. 

But, didn't Gothard teach that men were to be clean shaven?  LOL!

• Love 1

That was adorable. ADORABLE! I always wondered if you really do love taxes.

Thanks! I do taxes for a living, so I take great joy in finding legal ways to minimize what is due to Uncle Sam.

Although the Dillards take that to extremes....

I would be in hog heaven if I could see a true income statement, broken down by revenue streams and operating expenses.

• Love 3

That makes me wonder - did Derrick ever get close enough to her before marrying her to find out if she even had good hygiene or not??? The Duggars always look greasy, dirty, dusty, and stinky. 

• Love 6

I'm assuming TLC picked up the tab if they're filming. Hopefully the trip isn't too much for her, she still looks kind of frail.

How long are the Dullards going to be in language school? I mean, they're supposed to be helping the poor and isolated, yet the majority of their time is spent in touristy areas. If you're posting pictures of yourself with Frosted Flakes and Activia yogurt, you're not exactly roughing it in the jungle.

• Love 9

I'm assuming TLC picked up the tab if they're filming. Hopefully the trip isn't too much for her, she still looks kind of frail.

How long are the Dullards going to be in language school? I mean, they're supposed to be helping the poor and isolated, yet the majority of their time is spent in touristy areas. If you're posting pictures of yourself with Frosted Flakes and Activia yogurt, you're not exactly roughing it in the jungle.

Surely you jest.  Even people in the jungle need to keep regular.

• Love 10

That makes me wonder - did Derrick ever get close enough to her before marrying her to find out if she even had good hygiene or not??? The Duggars always look greasy, dirty, dusty, and stinky. 

True but remember when Jill went to meet Derick for the first time? He said it was the first time  that he had washed his hair in 2 years. PUKE!! Can you imagine how horrible he smelled?

• Love 5

If she was courting she probably had enough time to do a quick whore's bath before Derick came over.

Which they'll have to justify against the "We're going to be gone until a short trip next summer" statement.

They'll memory hole that, quick. I hope pictures of them filming in Antigua get out to the donors.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 3

True but remember when Jill went to meet Derick for the first time? He said it was the first time  that he had washed his hair in 2 years. PUKE!! Can you imagine how horrible he smelled?

He went 2 years without washing his hair.  That is awful 

• Love 1

It's a very good theory, imo. My sister was married to a police sergeant (he passed away 2 years ago from cancer attributed to 9-11), my daughter is married to a police officer. It's not easy at all. There's a long list of why!!

• Love 1

It's a very good theory, imo. My sister was married to a police sergeant (he passed away 2 years ago from cancer attributed to 9-11), my daughter is married to a police officer. It's not easy at all. There's a long list of why!!

I am so sorry for your loss. 

• Love 4

He went 2 years without washing his hair.  That is awful

and there is NO excuse for that, even if your water is limited...guys can wash hair so fast with very little water waste. Plus there's all kinds of dry shampoos out there for in-between "real" washes. If he hadn't washed his hair in 2 years, then how the heck often did he SHOWER????? Just EEEEEEW.
  • Love 5

Ugh, I hate to defend this doofus, but IIRC, he said that he'd just been in the mountains for the previous MONTH before meeting Jill and that he hadn't showered in THAT timeframe. He didn't go two years without bathing; the locals don't even do that. 

• Love 5

I can see why TLC included Miss Cathy in the missioncation filming.  She is well liked by viewers and they need to include others to help carry the load--Jill and Derick are dull and the filming needs to be spiced up by somebody!  If they keep up these specials they will find a way to include family members that aren't Boob, Mechelle, and Josh.

• Love 2

I can see why TLC included Miss Cathy in the missioncation filming.  She is well liked by viewers and they need to include others to help carry the load--Jill and Derick are dull and the filming needs to be spiced up by somebody!  If they keep up these specials they will find a way to include family members that aren't Boob, Mechelle, and Josh.

More telling is that her husband didn't come. Maybe when Counting On starts dropping in ratings he can be an unnamed source to the tabloids and rake in a little more moolah.

• Love 2

Not being a true fundie, maybe Miss Cathy's husband works for a living.

Keyboard problems here, think I answered the wrong post, sorry! But too much editing right now to try again.

Edited by Purpose to defraud
  • Love 1

I wonder if 'Miss Cathy' paid her way or if she is a donation. It's hard to refuse the money. There are two accountants now vacationing in CA, mingling for Jesus.

Miz Cathy has money. Her house (the house that Derick grew up in) has a boat house. I'm thinking she (or TLC) paid her way on this trip. She can't even claim to be a Jill type lightweight missionary. Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 1

Miz Cathy has money. Her house (the house Derrick grew up in) has a boat house. I'm thinking she (or TLC) paid her way on this trip. She can't be even claim to be a Jill type lightweight missionary.

I am ok with the idea of her going on TLC's dime, as someone said she is well liked and Jill and Derrick are too boring alone, the more 'characters' the better. So now we wonder, if TLC is paying for Miz Cathy, they are paying for Jerrick, and if they are paying for Jerrick, is that donation button still functioning?

• Love 2

I am ok with the idea of her going on TLC's dime, as someone said she is well liked and Jill and Derrick are too boring alone, the more 'characters' the better. So now we wonder, if TLC is paying for Miz Cathy, they are paying for Jerrick, and if they are paying for Jerrick, is that donation button still functioning?

I'm hoping that since TLC have traveled with Jill & Derick on this latest trip, TLC will foot the bill. I suspect TLC foot the bill for their first "mission" since it was all planned and planned to be filmed for the canceled season.

Which they'll have to justify against the "We're going to be gone until a short trip next summer" statement.

They will just say that "due to unforeseen circumstances Jill has to return to assist in Jessa's childbirth".  

• Love 6