Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

"Fasting must also be done in an attitude of humility. It is not necessary for others to know we are fasting; it is directed towards God. “But when you fast, put oil on your head and wash your face, so that it will not be obvious to men that you are fasting, but only to your Father, who is unseen; and your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you” (Matthew 6:17-18)."

I guess Derrick and Jill missed this part.

• Love 7

Izzy's 6 mos old now. I'm surprised (& pleased) Jill isn't pregnant again yet.

Maybe they're using birth control on the sly.

Or she has discovered sex with him is horrendous,It being an arranged marriage n' all !

Or Derrick has seen how much work a baby is without a cadre of sister-moms in tow, how expensive babies are, and he actually cares about his wife's health and wants to wait at least a year or so before she gets pregnant again. Maybe if Jill won't agree to birth control, Derrick is using the "pull out and pray" method.

I'm probably giving him too much credit. Jill will probably announce she's pregnant soon.

• Love 4

I saw this post about them on free jinger,whoever this person is has it spot on about Derrick!!

16strong posted this....

I really want to know what Derrick's deal is. Something about all of this has been hinky since the beginning. A grown man with a college degree and experience working abroad approaches a well-known reality star to be his "prayer partner." Then, the college-educated man romances one of said reality star's naive and sheltered daughters. Realistically, they should be worlds apart and have nothing in common. No offense to the Duggar daughters, but no grown man I know would feel right about this. For all intents and purposes, those girls are still about 12 years old. And Derrick just rushed down the aisle with Jill? I'm not saying he had/has ulterior motives, but...

I totally get this post too, but I think it would only apply if Derick was a regular, secular guy who went to college, graduated, got a job, dated/had a social life. Rather he was a shy guy who was likely a bit on the outside in college at a big state school. He did fine in college, picked a decent major, and got a job. BUT likely his social life was still lacking and he didn't have the confidence to get a girl. So he decided an "arranged" marriage would be easiest -- bc he knew that religious parents would LOVE him. A young, decent looking, college grad with a decent job, who is also Godly -- that's a southern conservative parents' dream. I am willing to bet that JB isn't the ONLY parent he reached out to. I bet he made the rounds at church to let it be known he was available and also to JB. Of course JB is the only one who jumped on it bc he had an army of daughters to marry off, whereas other dads may have brushed him off or maybe introduced Derick to their daughters but when their daughters went on a date or two with Derick and realized that he was a dull dud, those normal dads didn't/couldn't force it -- they probably did nothing beyond pass a phone number along. JB was the one who decided --aha, husband material, let's get them engaged in 3 months, married in another 3, and another soldier for Gods army in 9.

• Love 4

IMO Derrick wanted the easy way out of finding a wife.  Dating (or courting for the godly among us) is hard!  By reaching out to Boob, Derrick was getting an almost guaranteed, super-fundie wife who would look at him adoringly as well as a meal ticket with the show.  Jill was going to "fall in love" with the first fundie, non-wierdo guy who was keen and he didn't have to actually go out and meet a girl.  Derrick got basically an arranged marriage, Boob got the hit ratings and Jill got to be the first daughter to get married.  Everyone wins except that Jill gets pregnant in 0.2 seconds, it turns out that she was molested by her brother, the show is cancelled, she has a self-imposed dangerous birth and Josh cheats on Anna.  

I think that Derrick was looking for a wife and saw that Boob could provide a pretty, obedient fundie girl with the added benefit of People covers and an income on TV.  Basically, he was lazy and didn't look at the fine print.  

• Love 18

I wouldn't be surprised if Jill is pregnant by the end of the year.

Considering how much they share pictures of Izzy, I can't help but wonder how they would "market" a Dillard girl child.  The Duggar girls are fairly attractive and a Dillard girl would most likely have Derrick's height.  I wonder if a Dillard girl would be "sweet" like the other Duggar girls or if they would try to make her somewhat of a "fundy supermodel".  I wonder if they would try to make a Dillard girl "happen" similar to what they did with the daughter on Duck Dynasty.

Aren’t ALL fundie couples more or less “arranged marriages”? When you allow your families to become so involved in the courtship process, to the point where you're always chaperoned on dates, then the relationship ends up becoming as much about your in-laws as it is the person you’re marrying.

Jim Bob could have done a lot worse in “picking” Derick as a potential suitor. Maybe Derick isn’t the most attractive looking guy and sure, he’s kind of a socially awkward doofus, but so is Jill IMO. That’s why they match so well and more importantly, they seem to genuinely love and respect each other. I never got that vibe from Josh and Anna. I saw a guy who was so desperately horny that he would have married a blow up doll if he could, and a poor, sheltered girl who was in a constant state of awe at her somewhat famous, "celebrity" husband. Even with Ben I sometimes feel he treats Jessa more like his trophy wife, aka someone hot on his arms who makes HIM look good. I do think they love each other though.

Despite all the Gothard BS about the man being the headship of the household, I don’t get the impression that Derick is or was interested in having a subservient wife. IMO Jill's more of his equal partner and I think Derick is even fine with letting his wife call the shots in the relationship if that’s what will make her happy. Isn’t this why most of us were so disappointed in Derick anyway? Because we thought he would be the one to “save” Jill from the cult and then he turned out to be kind of a lame pushover?  Who says Jill wanted to be saved though? As long as they are happy with their life I don’t see why they would ever want to leave their little conservative bubble. No matter what any of us naysayers think about them. 

Edited by Mariva
  • Love 14

I wouldn't be surprised if Jill is pregnant by the end of the year.

Considering how much they share pictures of Izzy, I can't help but wonder how they would "market" a Dillard girl child.  The Duggar girls are fairly attractive and a Dillard girl would most likely have Derrick's height.  I wonder if a Dillard girl would be "sweet" like the other Duggar girls or if they would try to make her somewhat of a "fundy supermodel".  I wonder if they would try to make a Dillard girl "happen" similar to what they did with the daughter on Duck Dynasty. 

My father is taller than Derrick and neither of his daughters is close to as tall as he is.

Jill seems less concerned with appearance and more concerned with souls. 

• Love 4

But when the sisters were choosing shoes for Jill's wedding, Jill did tell the shoe store lady that she was getting married in her bare feet because she loves the height difference between Derrick and herself.

Good lord, bare feet? Flats add maybe 1/4 inch in height.

She is fashion challenged.

• Love 7

But when the sisters were choosing shoes for Jill's wedding, Jill did tell the shoe store lady that she was getting married in her bare feet because she loves the height difference between Derrick and herself.

Lol, because flats or ballet slippers would have made a ton of difference, right?

• Love 4

Lol, because flats or ballet slippers would have made a ton of difference, right?

Michaela Bates is fashion challenged too but at least she had enough class to wear pretty white  lace ballet flats with those no shoe socks. 

Jill was just gross with dirty feet running around the church. Worse was Joy-Ann who's feet were black from running around the church then she put on her new shoes. YUCK!!

• Love 4

Actually I meant she would care less about her daughter's looked and more about their souls/character, etc. 

Not so much their souls/character but in making sure they are properly brainwashed into the cult and never, ever given even a modicum of breathing space to form an opinion or express a desire all their own.  That's not God's will, it's Gothard's-and Jim-Bob's.

• Love 7

IMO Derrick wanted the easy way out of finding a wife.  Dating (or courting for the godly among us) is hard!  By reaching out to Boob, Derrick was getting an almost guaranteed, super-fundie wife who would look at him adoringly as well as a meal ticket with the show.  Jill was going to "fall in love" with the first fundie, non-wierdo guy who was keen and he didn't have to actually go out and meet a girl.  Derrick got basically an arranged marriage, Boob got the hit ratings and Jill got to be the first daughter to get married.  Everyone wins except that Jill gets pregnant in 0.2 seconds, it turns out that she was molested by her brother, the show is cancelled, she has a self-imposed dangerous birth and Josh cheats on Anna.  

I think that Derrick was looking for a wife and saw that Boob could provide a pretty, obedient fundie girl with the added benefit of People covers and an income on TV.  Basically, he was lazy and didn't look at the fine print.  

I think Derick's problem is not lazy as much as it is immensely-shy and socially-awkward. He was done with college, he was nearly done with his "mission assignment" and he wanted a woman. That was next item up on the list. But because of what I think is probably fairly paralyzing shyness and social anxiety, he had little if anything to do with females in high school and college. He didn't get a chance to practice then - and get the fumbling portion of the game over with. Suddenly Pistol Pete knew he really WAS the 25-Year Old Virgin, and he was scared numb. So he bought into the whole fundie consult-with-Daddy-let's-see-what-courtship-is-all-about deal. He basically opted for the drive-through window method. Boob did most of the work - which you can't often say about Boob - and handed Jill to Derick in a paper bag when he stopped at the pick-up window. There was the barest minimum of effort on Derick's part - and little risk whatsoever of public embarrassment or awkwardness either. Initially everything was online, they didn't even meet face-to-face in the US, and by the time he returned from Nepal they were virtually engaged - despite what TLC continued to show at the time. The whole thing has to be one of the most passive male performances I've ever seen.

Edited by Wellfleet
  • Love 15

The whole thing has to be one of the most passive male performances I've ever seen.

If Derick had game at all, he would have met and married someone he went to college with. One has to think he was invited to parties and get-togethers because he was Pistol Pete. In other words, he either wasn't interested or preferred his own company.

One can only imagine the fun and games of being married to someone so passive as well. He didn't have to lift a finger. It was all handed to him. And (IMHO of course) he probably expects he doesn't have to expend a lot of work or pursue something/someone he's interested in as a result.

• Love 7

That breakfast gives me the giggles!  Yes, it is sweet that he made her breakfast, but seriously, a plain piece of toast and a cut up apple qualify for instagram?!

Maybe she wants to remind us that she has a husband and that he hasn't run away from her yet.

• Love 4

That breakfast gives me the giggles!  Yes, it is sweet that he made her breakfast, but seriously, a plain piece of toast and a cut up apple qualify for instagram?!

It looks like there was yogurt, too!  Yogurt!  Totally Instagram worthy.  (kidding)

• Love 3

Despite all the Gothard BS about the man being the headship of the household, I don’t get the impression that Derick is or was interested in having a subservient wife. IMO Jill's more of his equal partner and I think Derick is even fine with letting his wife call the shots in the relationship if that’s what will make her happy. 

Well, that's got a rootable quotient right there for me, heh.  What a relative treat for Jill to have her opinions considered by the headship, as opposed to being slung around like a parcel in the mail the way she was with JimBoob in command.

• Love 1

LOL!! Not even a teensy bit. We've been married for almost 25 years; together for just about 30. I just love snuggling up to all the handsome that is him. Of course, we still love holding hands with interlaced fingers, too.

Michelle?
  • Love 11

That breakfast gives me the giggles! Yes, it is sweet that he made her breakfast, but seriously, a plain piece of toast and a cut up apple qualify for instagram?!

In their world, it does. Michael Bates did a post talking about how much her husband spoils her because he bought her a blizzard at Dairy Queen. These girls are incredibly immature. The constant "my husband is better than yours" Instagram shots are like a bunch of middle schoolers vying for Queen Bee status.

• Love 14

Y'know... I really hope it's not morning sickness, but if it is that was a pretty sweet (and precious, and neat!) breakfast to bring her. I can see a lot of guys thinking a big ol' plate of eggs, bacon, etc. would be appealing but toast, apples, and yogurt seems much more kind hearted. Dare I admit it? I can see why someone might post that as "look how thoughtful my husband was bringing me this bland breakfast."  I still hope she's not already pregnant again though.

• Love 4

A critique of this sad yet "thoughtful" (in Dillardland) breakfast: Derrick could have at least removed the eyes of the pineapple, cored the apple and perhaps offered some jam for the delightfully dry toast. This meal supports the axiom that it is the thought that counts.

• Love 6

I didn't think the breakfast looked delicious in any way. Not Instagram worthy, but this is the same family that eats instant oatmeal made with cold water and cold stewed tomatoes right from the can. I suppose Derick deserves a round of applause after all.

• Love 6

Michelle?

I'm proud to have met the love of my life and to still be the love of his 30 years later. We've built a life together, raised four successful, intelligent children, have thriving careers and love God. If that makes me a Michelle, I'll wear the name gladly. 

:)

I actually only like dry toast. So I'd say the breakfast might suggest pregnancy but is in no way conclusive evidence!

I agree. I'm not much of a breakfast person. I eat a couple slices of whole grain toast and a piece of fruit and that's it.

Regarding Jill, I'm 50/50 on her being pregnant. My spidey senses are telling me someone in Duggarland is going to steal Jessa's thunder and a Dullard pregnancy announcement would accomplish that.

• Love 2

My headship gave this to me for breakfast this morning:

$

Yes ladies, he gave me money to stop at chain coffee place because I didn't have time to stop by the ATM (before I went to work - I know I work - the shame of it all) and our coffee pot was broken.  Move over Jill and Michael, my guy is a winner!

• Love 15

true story my husband once packed me my breakfast, and I was so excited about it I told my work friend and she was like...ok. LOL. At least I didn't face book it :-)

I do 99.9% of the food stuff in our house so it was extra nice as it was out of his jurisdiction.

These fundie ladies just think their husbands are the best because they have absolutely no experience. I think it was sweet especially that Derick has been told that JillyMuffin is the one to do all the slaving in the kitchen, so IDK, I get it

I totally think she is pregnant. 100%.

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 4

I understand there are plans for Derick to be shown doing even more on Instagram in the future. In development at this time - addressing an envelope, tying his shoes and brushing his teeth... LOL.

• Love 18

My husband brings me breakfast every morning before he goes to work. (There's stairs in our house which are getting increasingly difficult for me to maneuver, etcetera.) I realize now I have failed as a wife by not documenting this morning's reheated Starbucks breakfast sandwich and bottle of iced tea to Instagram. I'll be remedying my rebellion against my headship forthwith.

In the meantime, I'm in the "Jilly Muffin's PG" seating section and wondering who's getting the sidebar on the People cover -- DILLARDS BABY JOY, or JILL'S SISTER WHAT'S HER FACE HAS A BABY!

• Love 12

It'll be Lamar/Khloe above the People title. Maybe Jill as one of the three heads on the side, and maybe Meri/Kody/Robyn as another (the other two are nobodies, both to the public and to their husband).

• Love 1