Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

Ok, I have now officially taken agin Derick (yes, agin.........Marian Keyes Fans may understand this). He is so rough with the poor wee mite! Pushing, grabbing and shoving him down. I am disgusted.

Derick has turned into a Duggar, slovenly, lazy, money grabbing, famewhoring........the list goes on. How I hoped he'd show Jilly Muffins that there is life out there. What a disappointment he's turned out to be. He is just as despiccable to me as Dim Bulb and MEchelle

• Love 11

Derrick and Ben are both leghumpers. (they just had interesting 'stories' on how they 'happened' to meet the girls).I guess it's expected they would join the shit show rather than leave. Strange how Derrick seemed the most normal, yet Bin's family gives off more of a vibe that they will stand behind the couple if it came to that. Just a feeling, no evidence to support my case.

• Love 4

I think Michelle and Jim Bob are excessively controlling, even for Gothard types. Plus, some people get in the cult after they partly had a normal childhood and education. Jill's been in since birth, basically, raising her own siblings and not getting any real education or exposure to the world. She's never left the bubble.

IBLP's declining fortunes suggests that kids raised in the cult don't continue with it. IBLP seems to appeal to a certain type of vulnerable person, and really only has a successful sales method for those types of people. JimBob, Michelle and Derick are that type of people, they are low hanging fruit for IBLP. That Jill and Anna copied their parents devotion to the cult is sort of just lucky for Gothard. Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 5

I've always been suspect about both husbands' motives. What normal person signs up for this shit show? They had no time to truly get to know their respective brides. Just saw the gravy train and hopped on! Let's see how long these marriages last once the cameras, fame and fortune go away. I suspect not long......

• Love 2

I don't know if money motivated Derick to shack up with a Duggar girl, his mother, while not rich, is still a comfortably well off professional woman. She got him a good job through her connections. Her house, where Derick grew up, is pretty plain from the street, but it's got a boat house on a lake.

• Love 3

I've always been suspect about both husbands' motives. What normal person signs up for this shit show? They had no time to truly get to know their respective brides. Just saw the gravy train and hopped on! Let's see how long these marriages last once the cameras, fame and fortune go away. I suspect not long......

I think they did do this. Ben mostly to get sex and a tv-evangelist gig, probably, and Derick maybe to get an in on some kind of "mission" organizations that are more easily accessible that some of the bigger traditional ones as well as both just liking the taste of gravy...

At the same time, though, for quite a while now many in the conservative Christian community have embraced this stupid "courtship solves all your relationship problems" thing, so I'll bet that cracked belief also played a role.  Their jumping quickly at courtship situation with the great Jim Bob Duggar's (gag) and supergodly supermother Michelle's (more gag) imprimaturs on it probably doesn't seem strange at all to the fairly large number of people who seem to have swallowed this hog swill. Thankfully, more people seem to be turning aside from the whole courtship thing these days. But not, of course, the idiot control-freak Duggars.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3

Not sure about Benessa, but Jill and Dreck have one of those holier-than-thou Covenant marriages, making divorce next to impossible.

One spouse can move to Oklahoma and file there.  Problem solved. :)  (Oklahoma is just an example. Any state without covenant marriage would do, but it's very, very close to Duggarville.)

• Love 4

IBLP's declining fortunes suggests that kids raised in the cult don't continue with it. IBLP seems to appeal to a certain type of vulnerable person, and really only has a successful sales method for those types of people. JimBob, Michelle and Derick are that type of people that are low hanging fruit for IBLP. That Jill and Anna copied their parents devotion to a the cult is sort of just lucky for Gothard.

The trouble for the Duggar kids is that they may have been (totally have been, really, in my opinion) raised by people who not only are Gothard believers but are maniacal brainwashing control freaks and came into tv money that's allowed them to feather the TTH nest way better than most other Gothardites (or similar cultists) can do and seem to provide their kids with even less experience, education and training and opportunity than most Gothard types do. So the Duggarlings have to get past the cult training, their parents' personal neurotic and super-intense brainwashing, the lack of confidence they've imbibed about whether than can navigate the evil real world, their lack of skills and knowledge, and the fear of losing the cushy gig they've got. It's a lot.

Plus, I swear, they really can't be too bright.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 12

The trouble for the Duggar kids is that they may have been (totally have been, really, in my opinion) raised by people who not only are Gothard believers but are maniacal brainwashing control freaks and came into tv money that's allowed them to feather the TTH nest way better than most other Gothardites (or similar cultists) can do and seem to provide their kids with even less experience, education and training and opportunity than most Gothard types do. So the Duggarlings have to get past the cult training, their parents' personal neurotic and super-intense brainwashing, the lack of confidence they've imbibed about whether than can navigate the evil real world, their lack of skills and knowledge, and the fear of losing the cushy gig they've got. It's a lot.

I think that if the Duggars never had a tv show their lives would be very different. TLC and it's money came into the picture at just the "right" moment, running away or eloping with some guy/girl had far less appeal when there was suddenly money/luxuries that could be cut off.

The adult kids that aren't Josh or Jill seem to bite their tongues, probably most of of them have some doubts.

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 4

So one of my girls has to take a religion class in college and she picked Bible studies.

She was doing her reading and came across a passage that said that God changed Jacob's name to Israel. I was really surprised since I'm a lapsed Catholic and have never read the bible. Makes sense if Jill wanted a modern name Jacob and then changed it Israel to make it sound more holy!? 

• Love 1

So one of my girls has to take a religion class in college and she picked Bible studies.

She was doing her reading and came across a passage that said that God changed Jacob's name to Israel. I was really surprised since I'm a lapsed Catholic and have never read the bible. Makes sense if Jill wanted a modern name Jacob and then changed it Israel to make it sound more holy!? 

That sounds absolutely spot-on for Jill ! Why use a Bible name when you can use a SUPER Bible name ?!?!

But - and this is the only thing - if she'd started with a "J" name I think there would have been hell to pay. Unless, of course, it was James Robert, thus another JimBoob. Ugh.

• Love 4

Jill actually had goals. That went out the window once she met Derick and got knocked up. Hey Jill... Most mothers work.

Most fathers work too!!!  Things are different for those special folks who live in Duggar Land.

• Love 12

I wish the Dillards could take a lesson or two from the young missionary couple who spoke at my church today. Their ministry to poverty-stricken indiginous people in Guatemala includes medical services, vocational training, and helping people plant fruit and nut trees. Yes, they do try to win souls too, but they seemed equally excited about helping people find a way out of crushing poverty and the effects thereof. No "human video" ministry, though. How embarrassing.

• Love 8

And then there are all those Howlers. Time after time after time, we have sat through Talking Heads of those boys with their blank stares and un-seeing eyes parroting words from Gothard and their brain washing parents. They have no imagination, no dreams, and after puberty, no looks. They will be way worse off than the 5 oldest girls, I'm thinking.

• Love 8

Makes sense if Jill wanted a modern name Jacob and then changed it Israel to make it sound more holy!? 

Israel did have 13 kids, so...

Plus Joshua was already taken by her brother.  Joshua and Jesus are basically the same name in different languages.

• Love 2

That sounds absolutely spot-on for Jill ! Why use a Bible name when you can use a SUPER Bible name ?!?!

But - and this is the only thing - if she'd started with a "J" name I think there would have been hell to pay. Unless, of course, it was James Robert, thus another JimBoob. Ugh.

Jesus is a nice J name. Popular in Latin countries!

• Love 2

And then there are all those Howlers. Time after time after time, we have sat through Talking Heads of those boys with their blank stares and un-seeing eyes parroting words from Gothard and their brain washing parents. They have no imagination, no dreams, and after puberty, no looks. They will be way worse off than the 5 oldest girls, I'm thinking.

Yeah, I completely agree. I hope that at least a couple of the younger kids will have a bit of gumption and brain in there that their parents failed to stamp out as tv fame and sheer numbers weakened some of their active indoctrination. Those might wake up at some point and realize they'd better shake off the nightmare. But I don't think anybody's observed evidence of that, and even if it's true it won't be true of most of them. The younger kids break my heart. I think of those photos of the Howlers at the air show a while ago and how completely innocent those boys looked, so much younger than their actual ages and most likely absolutely clueless that the Gothard-JimBob-thoughts they've been taught to spout have actually robbed them of any opportunity to live in a shiny, interesting world like that. Heartbreaking.

• Love 4

I think they posted those recent pictures of the baby to draw attention away from Jessa's baby.  Do you realize that they have posted more pictures of the baby and the food they eat than of their supposed "missionary" work?   

• Love 5

Why did I read the Dillard blog?  "God has not called us to convert Catholics".  They've been called to 'proclaim liberty to the captives'.  I'm sure all of the captives will be happy to find out they're liberated.  Nice to find out Derick thinks of himself a saint as well.  

What happened to we're here to learn Spanish?  Love the timing of new baby pictures of IZ at 7 months old, these people hate it when someone else is getting attention.  TLC created a monster.

• Love 12

So, these two "Spanish students" are really not being missionaries, at least officially, right? But while in Guatemala for their allotted 90 days, they *will* be filmed - and paid for it - by a US commercial TV company, for a US commercial profit-making cable TV show. That sounds like work to me. Maybe it's OK under Guatemalan law. And if it's not OK? Probably by the time the Guatemalan authorities figure it out, they'll be back in Arkansas, or El Salvador, or somewhere else.

Reality shows claim to be filming a 'documentary', not a scripted show, which lets them skirt a lot of laws -including child labor. I'm sure ts in play here.

• Love 1

i think both Jill and Derick fancy themselves to be missionaries...it sounds so cool and interesting!

Someone posted this about Derick so it's not my idea...Derick seems to like to hook onto the action. He is a clinger to anything that is trendy and impressive.

Remember they couldn't tell us where they were because it was so so so dangerous!!!!

Those two live in fantasy world...they are missionaries in their own head.

• Love 11

Assuming that they are actually doing anything besides just eating and hanging around, they are probably obliged to keep that stuff off social media until the TLC show airs, to save something for the show to reveal.

Over on the Jessa topic I said that Jessa's dramatic labor/delivery/complications have to be the least uninteresting content for the upcoming "Counting On" shows. Because the Dullards' faux missionary grifter trip has to be dull as watching paint dry. 

In reply, someone mentioned that TLC will probably come up with some activities for them to do in order to create footage. Which I assume was what happened on 19K&C. After all, Ma and Pa Duggar, apart from their constant focus on sex sex sex, are probably the Dullest Narcissistic Cult Nutjobs on earth. And the kids are just as dull. Which, come to think of it, is really an achievement of some note.

Which got me thinking about this whole "missionary" thing. Let's see. The Dullards are emphatically *not* missionaries commissioned by any Baptist church. They are apparently in Guatemala now to study Spanish. A quick look at the innernets reveals that US citizens may visit Guatemala for up to 90 days without a visa, but there is a visa required for "religious workers" which can allow them to be there for up to two years. I assume that the Dullards are *not* in the country under that kind of visa.

So, these two "Spanish students" are really not being missionaries, at least officially, right? But while in Guatemala for their allotted 90 days, they *will* be filmed - and paid for it - by a US commercial TV company, for a US commercial profit-making cable TV show. That sounds like work to me. Maybe it's OK under Guatemalan law. And if it's not OK? Probably by the time the Guatemalan authorities figure it out, they'll be back in Arkansas, or El Salvador, or somewhere else. 

I practiced law (not immigration law, obviously) for a long time, and you can retire from it but you don't lose certain habits of mind, or the itch to do at least a bit of research to satisfy curiosity. In this case I didn't pursue answers to all my questions, and probably this is, as we say, a non-issue. But the Dullards are going to be hyped by TLC as "Missionaries! Abroad!" which is only true in the sense they are self-styled "missionaries." (Much like Ma and Pa Duggar having a "ministry" which consisted of being video'ed by TLC cameras so their extra special fabulous righteousness could be admired far and wide. The Jilly apple hasn't fallen far from the tree.)

And for me, the final irony is that the Dullards will probably be filmed doing "missionary" activities which are scripted by: TLC. 

BTW, I saw a promo for a new (to me, at least) TLC show, called Sex in Public. At first I thought Ma and Pa Duggar were back!

Wonder if the Dulls have got any type of contractor arrangement with S.O.S. (aka Faux-Missionaries Central) that serves as some sort of cover for the claim to be missionaries. Something like that did seem to be hinted at previously.

The Dullards visit a Guatemalan soccer ball factory. The Dullards visit a family of Guatemalan folk musicians. The Dullards lend a "helping hand" rebuilding Guatemalan houses destroyed by a tornado. The Dullards help their car salesman friend relocate his business back and forth. Jill works at a cafe similar to Mama Carmens, while Derick participates in a weight gain competition.

• Love 1

Wonder if the Dulls have got any type of contractor arrangement with S.O.S. (aka Faux-Missionaries Central) that serves as some sort of cover for the claim to be missionaries. Something like that did seem to be hinted at previously.

I'm sure the Dillards will go on the SOS tours in December just like they did in July and claim that as their "missionary" work.  Also, that's when the entire Duggar family goes on the SOS tours so they will all be filmed, too, just like they were last year.

Jesus is a nice J name. Popular in Latin countries!

Oh no, no, no, NO. MEE-chelle's head would explode if one of her daughters or daughters-in-law infringed upon her right to the letter "J". After all, they're still trying for the Holy Grail. #20. 

Sorry for the visual. 

• Love 1

Remember they couldn't tell us where they were because it was so so so dangerous!!!!

Lulz, like Derick is a CIA agent on a covert op in Yemen or something. If it was really that dangerous they wouldn't be posting a hundred Instagram pics of themselves in front of well-known tourist landmarks. Not for nothing, but if your regular grocery runs include Probiotic yogurt and Frosted Flakes, you're probably in a fairly secure area.

• Love 11

Oh no, no, no, NO. MEE-chelle's head would explode if one of her daughters or daughters-in-law infringed upon her right to the letter "J". After all, they're still trying for the Holy Grail. #20.

Sorry for the visual.

19 Kids and Mounting!

Sorry..

• Love 12

Why did I read the Dillard blog?  "God has not called us to convert Catholics".  They've been called to 'proclaim liberty to the captives'.  I'm sure all of the captives will be happy to find out they're liberated.  Nice to find out Derick thinks of himself a saint as well.

Well, all Christians are referred to as saints with a little "s" as opposed to those Christians who are canonized like Saint Francis or Saint Patrick. The traditional beginning of the Epistle to the Ephesians is addressed to "the saints in Ephesus."  I am sure it pops up occasionally in other places in the New Testament, but I am not sure where without looking for it. 

Of course, most people in normal conversation do not refer to themselves or others as saints. Maybe we should as it might get the focus off being Baptist or Roman Catholic or Presby or Pentecostal or whatever else. "Proclaiming liberty to the captives" is, or should be, a way of say "preaching the gospel." I think the former is from a prophesy from Isaiah; it is not original with Derrick.

Every time I see a reference to Izzy I have to remind myself that his name is Israel, not Isaiah. 

Like most everyone else, I don't understand how they can be very useful down there without a command of the  language. My daughter went to the Dominican republic to help build a church and they had to have language classes and spend time studying the culture before they went. I am just glad that they are away from Arkansas and Ma and Pa Duggar. 

I am not sure about JD; he is old enough to remember the poverty of pre TLC so I hope he is working hard and saving up money so that if he ever decides to marry he will be in better shape than Ben to provide for a wife. He doesn't have the issue of a biological clock ticking so he can wait til he is fairly well established. 

Jana is probably relieved not to have cameras in the house on a regular basis. 

• Love 2

I watched the video again of Jill and Derrick trying to take Izzy's picture, with him lying flat on his back like an infant. Jill keeps calling to Izzy, "Chuu Chuu!"! Does that mean something in Spanish? He is clearly too active and mobile to lie flat and still. Jill can be heard saying " You don't have to lay down while Derrick body-slams Izzy onto his back. It upsets me the way he is roughly handled. He seems to be extremely robust and strong but still.

• Love 3

I watched the video again of Jill and Derrick trying to take Izzy's picture, with him lying flat on his back like an infant. Jill keeps calling to Izzy, "Chuu Chuu!"! Does that mean something in Spanish? He is clearly too active and mobile to lie flat and still. Jill can be heard saying " You don't have to lay down while Derrick body-slams Izzy onto his back. It upsets me the way he is roughly handled. He seems to be extremely robust and strong but still.

I kept wondering why they even posted it. It wasn't like Izzy was doing anything that was like extra adorable.And shocker, your 7 month old doesn't want to sit still. Who would have thought.

They lack SO Much self awareness that they don't even realize how they open themselves up for criticism. 

• Love 6

I thought Jill was saying, "look at the Choo choo" (train) in hopes to distract Israel in order to get the picture.

• Love 1

This is what happens when parents get overly hung up on photo events driven by social media.  Jill and Derick seem to have forgotten to enjoy their son and work with him where he is because they wanted a pinteresty driven "seven month" logo photo.  I think it's time for both of them to grow up and realize that they are there for their son's best interest and not using him as a photo op or model. 

• Love 9

And at 8 months, & 9, 10, 11, etc, are they going to continue to pin him down? Why not let the kid show his age by letting him do what 7 month (or, 8 & 9) old kids do? Stick the sticker wherever it will show and take the pic of the baby being a baby.

He's gonna look awfully silly at 16 years of age lying flat on his back for his homeschool pic.

• Love 19

And at 8 months, & 9, 10, 11, etc, are they going to continue to pin him down? Why not let the kid show his age by letting him do what 7 month (or, 8 & 9) old kids do? Stick the sticker wherever it will show and take the pic of the baby being a baby.

He's gonna look awfully silly at 16 years of age lying flat on his back for his homeschool pic.

Starting blanket training before he gets the edge? So he won't get to the edge?

By 16 he'll be veal.

Poor kid. He was kind of a happy baby.

• Love 7

This concept is completely foreign to Jill, and Derick is whipped...so...normal childhood reactions are out of the window.

• Love 4

This concept is completely foreign to Jill, and Derick is whipped...so...normal childhood reactions are out of the window.

Yep, the Duggs have already blanket trained Derick. I think this generation will do that mainly with the in-laws. They're the ones they really want to get in line, in any case.

• Love 3