Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

It makes me nervous seeing that baby on a blanket.

It makes me nervous too seeing a Duggar baby on a blanket. It just shows how F'd up this family is that we feel scared seeing a cute baby on a blanket.

• Love 6

Dear Jill,

'You are My Sunshine' is about being left by your partner for another love.

The other night dear, as I lay sleeping,

I dreamed I held you in my arms,

but when I woke dear, I was mistaken,

and I hung my head and cried.

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine

you make me happy when skies are gray

you'll never know dear, how much I love you,

please don't take my sunshine away.

I'll always love you and make you happy

if you will only say the same

but if you leave me to love another

you'll regret it all some day

you make me happy, when skies are gray,

You told me once dear you really loved me

that no one else could come between

but now you've left me and love another

you have shattered all my dreams.

you make me happy, when skies are gray,

Pick another song.

FJD

• Love 7

I think "You Are My Sunshine" is a lot like the US national anthem. Very very few people even know there's more than one verse, and a fraction of those people know the lyrics of those other verses.

My memory did not go beyond the first verse. Now I wonder why I thought it so happy.

Childhood illusions. Oh! Sunshine! Happy! Arms!

• Love 3

And the depressing thing is that, judging by social-media comments, more than a few people actually do envy them.

Even worse, there are people who admire them and believe they are good Christian examples.

• Love 4

My Great Aunt used to sing You Are My Sunshine and I thought it was a horribly sad song, maybe because my aunt added a new refrain, repeating the first verse at the end but with "hang my head and die" instead of "cry" so as a little kid I thought the person had killed themselves by hanging.

• Love 2

Talk about hilarious coincidences...

I was looking at office space for lease in northwest Arkansas, totally unrelated to the Duggars, and I accidentally found a real estate listing for Jill and Derick's old house complete with photographs. It is currently for lease as office space.

$5,500 per month, y'all!

Can't post the listing here, so PM me if you want to see it.  

ETA: The lease type being offered is a "NNN Lease," which means that JB is asking renters to pay all property taxes, building insurance, and maintenance costs in addition to the rent and utilities. It takes balls to ask for $5,500 per month plus all of that extra stuff in their relatively inexpensive region. At that price, I predict that the house will sit on the market until Hell freezes over. 

Edited by Guest

I wonder if there is something in the works for some IBLP offices or something similar to go there. When you're paying with other people's "Love Offerings" nothing is too good. Plus, Jesus smiles when your rent payments go back into the pocket of another Gothardite.

• Love 4

I wonder if there is something in the works for some IBLP offices or something similar to go there. When you're paying with other people's "Love Offerings" nothing is too good. Plus, Jesus smiles when your rent payments go back into the pocket of another Gothardite.

Considering that IBLP is unloading their Oak Brook location and downsizing to Big Sandy, I'm not sure that they can afford JB's house with those terms. LOL!

ETA: The lease type being offered is a "NNN Lease," which means that JB is asking renters to pay all property taxes, building insurance, and maintenance costs in addition to the rent and utilities. It takes balls to ask for $5,500 per month plus all of that extra stuff in their relatively inexpensive region. At that price, I predict that the house will sit on the market until Hell freezes over.

Sixty six grand per year, plus taxes, utils and upkeep. Didn't they pay like $100,000 for the house? And try to sell for over 1 mil? Plus whatever TLC dumped into it. Sheesh, Jim Bob is hard up for cash.

• Love 3

I just had a look at the real estate records, and Jill's McMansion sold in September for $485,000. The Duggars bought it in 2012 for $95,000.

Yes, it was sold to an LLC in September, but JB and M's address is still listed on the online property records under the owner's billing information, so IMO, it is unclear who really owns the house now. Maybe the online property records are slow to update with the new owner's billing information or maybe the Duggars have retained ownership of the house in some capacity through a shady LLC. Who knows...

ETA: Also, for what it's worth, the pictures from the listing clearly show Jilly Muffin's furniture and family photos in the house. 

Edited by Guest

Isn't that about the same time that Josh's house was "sold" to an LLC? I think that they're just attempting to protect assets in the event of a lawsuit. The obscenely high rent and that "NNN" bs has JB's fingerprints all over it.

• Love 1

It's kinda possible Josh traded his house to a LLC owned by JimBob for consideration (room and board for his family) which perhaps can't be liquidated, but JimBob selling his house to his own company doesn't make much sense to me. The company (and its assets) are his assets, like his house was his asset. Can't he still be forced to liquidate them?

Christ, for 60k a year, you could use that money towards purchasing a home. I'm not sure that house and the area warrants 5k a month in rent.

Still no word on who scored Landfill Manor? I wonder if Boob is saving it for Jill and Derick. Josh and Anna will be lucky to get the uninsulated warehouse room by the time Boob is done paying off the lawsuit.

• Love 2

I was looking at office space for lease in northwest Arkansas, totally unrelated to the Duggars, and I accidentally found a real estate listing for Jill and Derick's old house complete with photographs. It is currently for lease as office space.

$5,500 per month, y'all!

ETA: The lease type being offered is a "NNN Lease," which means that JB is asking renters to pay all property taxes, building insurance, and maintenance costs in addition to the rent and utilities. It takes balls to ask for $5,500 per month plus all of that extra stuff in their relatively inexpensive region. At that price, I predict that the house will sit on the market until Hell freezes over. 

Is it in or near a business district? That is so odd that it's being advertised as office space.  Where I live many century old homes have been converted to businesses, but mostly do to the location, because modern business encroached on the area.

$5,500 per month, y'all!

So somebody at some point built this big house in a place that was zoned for commercial? Is it just me or is it odd to build a McMansion in a commercial zone?

ETA: Sorry. See that's already been asked. And that it's not just me.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 2

I just had a look at the real estate records, and Jill's McMansion sold in September for $485,000. The Duggars bought it in 2012 for $95,000.

The value nearly quintupled in three years? How the heck did that happen? That's quite the little real estate boom .... (And how can I get one of those in my neighborhood?)

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 2

It was probably a spec house built before the housing market crashed, when the Duggars bought it all the windows had been smashed, the copper wiring stripped etc. It needed a lot of work done on it, I think the show got 2 or 3 episodes out of it. Michelle's infamous "jug kittens" were found inside a wall of that house. It's a weird property, it's an acre excised from a surrounding 17 acre commercial zoned parcel of land, and the McMansion itself is clearly designed for a quarter acre of land.

• Love 3

Is it in or near a business district? That is so odd that it's being advertised as office space.  Where I live many century old homes have been converted to businesses, but mostly do to the location, because modern business encroached on the area.

When JimChelle and Josie were delivering the chewed-up crib to Jill, the camera was inside the McMansion, panning outside to the front porch. I distinctly saw that they were very close to a downtown-looking area.

• Love 2

I can't stand these people.  Let's go on a mission to make everyone like us!  We're so wonderful and they're so not.  God blesses us with other people's money..  Get out of my light you lowly locals the cameras are here for me.  

• Love 6

It was probably a spec house built before the housing market crashed, when the Duggars bought it all the windows had been smashed, the copper wiring stripped etc. It needed a lot of work done on it, I think the show got 2 or 3 episodes out of it. Michelle's infamous "jug kittens" were found inside a wall of that house. It's a weird property, it's an acre excised from a surrounding 17 acre commercial zoned parcel of land, and the McMansion itself is clearly designed for a quarter acre of land.

Thanks. .... I must say I still think it's kind of odd to build a spec house in the middle of a commercial zone. Don't they usually build those on or quite near the residential area that they're planning to develop? Who the heck would want to live in one of those that's right in the middle of commercial properties? It's not like the end result would be a mixed-use semi-urban kind of downtown-but-still-neighborly-community-living arrangement. It'd just be one big house-for-people-who-love-the-exurbs stuck in the middle of a bunch of dentist offices. ... No wonder all the windows were broken. lol

• Love 1

It's kinda possible Josh traded his house to a LLC owned by JimBob for consideration (room and board for his family) which perhaps can't be liquidated, but JimBob selling his house to his own company doesn't make much sense to me. The company (and its assets) are his assets, like his house was his asset. Can't he still be forced to liquidate them?

I'm sure that there is some shady way for the LLC to shell out cash by way of "purchasing" the house for $500k. I wonder if that's how they made the fifth, non sibling, victim go away?

• Love 1

1.  Awwww, the jug kittens!  I hope they've all fled and are living with families that will actually care for them and feed them properly.

2.  Does Tonitown even have a planning board?  Or  zoning laws?  Dafuq?

• Love 6

Thanks. .... I must say I still think it's kind of odd to build a spec house in the middle of a commercial zone. Don't they usually build those on or quite near the residential area that they're planning to develop? Who the heck would want to live in one of those that's right in the middle of commercial properties? It's not like the end result would be a mixed-use semi-urban kind of downtown-but-still-neighborly-community-living arrangement. It'd just be one big house-for-people-who-love-the-exurbs stuck in the middle of a bunch of dentist offices. ... No wonder all the windows were broken. lol

The commercial parcel of land is less developed than the Duggar compound, minus the TTH. It's got like 3 sheds/warehouses and a whole lot of unused concrete pavement, and that property is itself surrounded by low density mcmansion developments on two sides, a high density apartment complex and a strip mall dentist offices development on the third side and undeveloped land on the fourth side. The whole area is a patchwork.

2. Does Tonitown even have a planning board? Or zoning laws? Dafuq?

No way is there any sort of town planning going on there.

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 1

The commercial parcel of land is less developed than the Duggar compound, minus the TTH. It's got like 3 sheds/warehouses and a whole lot of unused concrete pavement, and that property is itself surrounded by low density mcmansion developments on two sides, a high density apartment complex and a strip mall dentist offices development on the third side and undeveloped land on the fourth side. The whole area is a patchwork.

Interesting. Sounds like a mess!  .... also sounds like office use might be the best bet for the silly-looking house ....

• Love 1

The value nearly quintupled in three years? How the heck did that happen? That's quite the little real estate boom .... (And how can I get one of those in my neighborhood?)

Here's what it looked like when Jim Bob purchased it:

http://www.mstarz.com/articles/36291/20140904/jill-duggar-and-her-husband-derick-get-the-royal-treatment-living-in-a-1-5-million-mansion-photos.htm

It was a foreclosure property.  TLC did a special showing the Duggars cleaning up the house.

• Love 2

$5,500 per month, y'all!

ETA: The lease type being offered is a "NNN Lease," which means that JB is asking renters to pay all property taxes, building insurance, and maintenance costs in addition to the rent and utilities. It takes balls to ask for $5,500 per month plus all of that extra stuff in their relatively inexpensive region. At that price, I predict that the house will sit on the market until Hell freezes over.

Maybe they'll rent it to an arm of the Duggar enterprise and that entity can use the rent and tax and other costs as a tax write-off? wink wink

Creative bookkeeping/accounting 101.

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 5

Here's what it looked like when Jim Bob purchased it:

http://www.mstarz.com/articles/36291/20140904/jill-duggar-and-her-husband-derick-get-the-royal-treatment-living-in-a-1-5-million-mansion-photos.htm

It was a foreclosure property.  TLC did a special showing the Duggars cleaning up the house.

Yeah, that was a mess all right.

I’m still skeptical that that level of price change is really warranted, though. I’ve watched a lot of people take mainly-cosmetic changes to be something much more substantive than they actually are and pay a high price because the windows and the kitchen counters look nice, while not even noticing big issues. That house still has its same location and, for the most part no doubt, the exact same underlying structure and bones that it had before the cleanup.  And if it’s like many McMansions, its underlying structure has a lot of shoddy crap involved in it. JoyAnna can’t fix that with her broom.

• Love 2

I’ve watched a lot of people take mainly-cosmetic changes to be something much more substantive than they actually are and pay a high price because the windows and the kitchen counters look nice, while not even noticing big issues.

The kitchen tile and house carpets all look horribly cheap, builder-level stuff. For people in real estate, the Duggars have no eye for design, curb appeal, or staging.

• Love 4

The kitchen tile and house carpets all look horribly cheap, builder-level stuff. For people in real estate, the Duggars have no eye for design, curb appeal, or staging.

I agree. It looks like Boob went to Lowe's, grabbed whatever was marked down on double clearance and used the materials to finish the house. There's no sense of style or cohesiveness to any of the finishes. Throw in all that crappy mismatched furniture and the house was a disaster.

• Love 4

I agree. It looks like Boob went to Lowe's, grabbed whatever was marked down on double clearance and used the materials to finish the house. There's no sense of style or cohesiveness to any of the finishes. Throw in all that crappy mismatched furniture and the house was a disaster.

Besides all of that, would you actually want to buy a house where the (unlicensed contractors) Duggar family did all of the renovations?  

If the house was sold to someone who needed a mortgage, it would have to be appraised by a licensed appraiser and really be worth the contract price.  Those are things you can't find unless you pull up the records at the county courthouse or have a friend who works for a title insurance company or real estate company in the area.

• Love 4

Besides all of that, would you actually want to buy a house where the (unlicensed contractors) Duggar family did all of the renovations?  

If the house was sold to someone who needed a mortgage, it would have to be appraised by a licensed appraiser and really be worth the contract price.  Those are things you can't find unless you pull up the records at the county courthouse or have a friend who works for a title insurance company or real estate company in the area.

If someone needed a mortgage, they would also need a thorough inspection with a licensed inspector to make sure all the work was done properly.  For some reason, I'm sure they cut some corners while doing all that barefoot contracting.  Guess Boob will have an auction and sell off all of Jill and Derrick's stuff after the sale. (Or maybe it comes with it?)

Edited by truthtalk2014
  • Love 2

You are my Sunshine is also sung at funerals. Don't know if that's a new thing but it is very very moving. And it was such a happy childhood song. Full circle?

It makes me nervous seeing that baby on a blanket.

Completely agree re: baby on blanket. My first thought? Blanket training.
  • Love 1

Janarella - WOW. I can not believe Boob is asking $5,500 rent plus expenses for the McMansion. I live in NJ which is one of the most expensive areas in the country and an owner may get that much here for an office but even that sounds like a lot. Is that area zoned as business for him to rent it that way? Just wondering......

• Love 1

Don't know what the deal is with the McMansion but regarding home inspectors we are in the process of selling our house and the buyer had a licensed home inspector. We considered ourselves conscientious homeowners - doing maintenance etc. we are not handy so have always hired licensed people. Home inspector had page after page of deficiencies. The buyer asked for some to be corrected. We had licensed people with many years of experience for each of the deficiencies. All of them shook their heads and said they didn't know where he was coming from. There were a few minor things to correct. They all said this on different days. They also said if you got 10 inspectors you would get 10 drastically different reports. I am really ticked off. Why is there no standardization? So depending on the home inspector no telling what was found at the McMansion.

• Love 2

That is what I saw earlier.  Maybe they deleted it as not to give away the surprise?  lol  Gotta give People their due. 

Weird... it works for me when I click it from the original post, but copy/pasting it isn't working. I'm thinking user error - let me try again:

https://instagram.com/p/9hCpzuLs0-/

ETA: ah ha, it should work now. I didn't realize I had to use the "insert link" button instead of just copying/pasting the page.

Edited by NikSac

I'm hoping a piece of toast is just a piece of toast and she's not pregnant again (yet. We all know Duggar pregnancies are like the sun rising in the east--- inevitable). I'm not in the medical field, but there is no way that two babies fifteen or sixteen months apart are a good idea after that traumatic C-section she had. And if she is pregnant, I hope someone whose opinion she trusts talks her into a hospital delivery with a CNM or OB. Between her delivery and Jessa's it seems like they won't use common sense until tragedy strikes.... and maybe not even then.

• Love 5