Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

What a bunch of reprobates!

Is tonight not the night we should be sharing our fellowship with those poor beleguered souls at whatever the name of that bogus rehab place Josh is supposed to be?

And I had a bible verse all planned:

Leviticus 20:17

KJV

17 And if a man shall take his sister, his father's daughter, or his mother's daughter, and see her nakedness, and she see his nakedness; it is a wicked thing; and they shall be cut off in the sight of their people: he hath uncovered his sister's nakedness; he shall bear his iniquity.

Ohhh. Might not work. SheThey had to be naked!

I hate Leviticus.

Edit line-through

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 5

Oh PLEASE have Derick do interpretive dancing for the gang members! PLEASE have cameras for this. Oh I forgot they film everything.

I mostly lurk here, but I just have to say that after watching a Derrick dance party, the gang members would probably shoot themselves.

• Love 13

I mostly lurk here, but I just have to say that after watching a Derrick dance party, the gang members would probably shoot themselves.

lol you know, you do have a point... maybe there's more to this mission-cation than I realized!

I'm confused about how fasting can cause an end to gang violence. When I don't eat regularly throughout the day, ident downright "hangry" (angry & hungry). It's not a pretty sight. My husband gets like this to some degree too as do other people I know. I might even get so hangry from fasting for a long period of time that I might just go join or start a gang or become violent in some way. I'm thinking that Central American gangsters aren't anything to mess with when they've eaten well throughout the day, let alone if they fasted. The Dillards better hope they never run into a "hangry" gang member.

• Love 4

They should "mission-cation" in Southern CA. It's in the US and frankly tough to get a job there without knowing Spanish so it's easy to find classes.  Oh wait... they don't want jobs.  Well anyway, they could study Spanish. Probably cheaper to live wherever they're vacationing though.

Michelle could convert all of those pesky gays too back to heterosexuality.

• Love 2

I'm confused about how fasting can cause an end to gang violence. When I don't eat regularly throughout the day, ident downright "hangry" (angry & hungry). It's not a pretty sight. My husband gets like this to some degree too as do other people I know. I might even get so hangry from fasting for a long period of time that I might just go join or start a gang or become violent in some way. I'm thinking that Central American gangsters aren't anything to mess with when they've eaten well throughout the day, let alone if they fasted. The Dillards better hope they never run into a "hangry" gang member.

If you fast for long enough, eventually you get too weak to hold a knife or a gun....maybe that's their grand plan.

• Love 5

Thought bubble over Izzy's head: 'if my dad reads that Bible verse ONE MORE TIME, I swear I'm going to have to go all medieval on his arse!'

Looks like Daddy was checking out his likes and comments on Instagram. 

• Love 1

I don't think they're proposing that the gang members fast. Some Christians believe that fasting will make their prayers more . . . efficacious, I guess? I don't have any direct experience with it.

I think that they are both just ridiculously immature.

This sort of thing is pretty common in teenagers -- the idea the severe and intractable societal problems can be solved by some simple method that the adults around them haven't tried yet (in this case prayer).

If they were 15 or 16, we would probably smile and laugh it off as a "stage," but they are adults (with a child), and they just look (to me) like insufferable asshats who have traveled to a different country to annoy people who already have enough troubles of their own. If they were doing, or planning to do, any actual work in this country -- like building and maintaing schools or clinics -- their Jesus plays would be a tiresome price for the locals to pay for the much needed services but, of course, they have no such plans.

• Love 24

I think that they are both just ridiculously immature.

This sort of thing is pretty common in teenagers -- the idea the severe and intractable societal problems can be solved by some simple method that the adults around them haven't tried yet (in this case prayer).

If they were 15 or 16, we would probably smile and laugh it off as a "stage," but they are adults (with a child), and they just look (to me) like insufferable asshats who have traveled to a different country to annoy people who already have enough troubles of their own. If they were doing, or planning to do, any actual work in this country -- like building and maintaing schools or clinics -- their Jesus plays would be a tiresome price for the locals to pay for the much needed services but, of course, they have no such plans.

Very well said ! This reminds me of the idiots that post endlessly to Facebook with a thousand different "Like this if you want to end breast cancer !" or "Like this to stand up to bullying", and truly, truly MEAN IT, as if that will EVER help a single goddam thing ! WoW ! I feel my tumor shrinking with each and every Like that's posted !!!

It's been very well documented that the ridiculous, scammer, trolling posts that purport to provide, for example, life-saving HEART SURGERY to a newborn baby, but only if he/she gets a million likes, is not only a "thing", it's something that regular folks have fallen for time and time again. Poor, guileless suckers.

It's that very kind of cognitively dissonant, feel-good-about-yourself, don't examine too hard, though, BULLSHIT that the Duggars love to proffer and propagate. Forget about human suffering, hunger, the lack of water, education, housing, and on and on - this SKIT will make all of your troubles just ***disappear***...

Edited by SomePity1066
  • Love 16

I read it as the good christian missionaries need to pray and fast to ask God to intervene.

• Love 3

If you fast for long enough, eventually you get too weak to hold a knife or a gun....maybe that's their grand plan.

You guys are too funny.  I agree it wouldn't help me and in fact has the opposite effect, but I also agree it's "the Christians are supposed to fast while praying from time to time, because the hunger means one less earthly thing you're worrying about controlling, thus more chances to focus on God and what you're saying in your prayers".  

Though usually if specific people did it in the Bible, IIRC they were in some kind of desperate straits like David laboring around under a cloud of severe depression, so there's that.

• Love 1

And WHO is taking the picture? If one of them are taking the pic: it's so posed and not spontaneous. If it's someone else taking the picture: ewwww.

I can't imagine my husband and I sincerely kissing and me saying, "but first, let me take a selfie" (mood killer). Nor would my husband kiss me on command so that someone else could take a "candid" picture.

But, it's not just them. You see lots of couples of their generation posting these stupid photos. Some sort of "proof" of their love and attraction to each other. To me, if you feel you need to prove it, there's something wrong. But then again, I am kinda old.

• Love 8

And WHO is taking the picture? If one of them are taking the pic: it's so posed and not spontaneous. If it's someone else taking the picture: ewwww.

I can't imagine my husband and I sincerely kissing and me saying, "but first, let me take a selfie" (mood killer). Nor would my husband kiss me on command so that someone else could take a "candid" picture.

But, it's not just them. You see lots of couples of their generation posting these stupid photos. Some sort of "proof" of their love and attraction to each other. To me, if you feel you need to prove it, there's something wrong. But then again, I am kinda old.

I'm sure these doofs have invested in a selfie stick by now.

• Love 3

It's as if the Duggars think they discovered kissing and birthing babies.

It's a shame the Duggar kids didn't develop normally from the ages of 10 to 15 or so. They'd have gotten all of this out of their systems. Otherwise, it stay trapped and they stay permateens for life. Witness Michelle Duggar.

• Love 8

https://instagram.com/p/9hCf5jrs0o/?taken-by=jillmdillard

i swear to god, if this one makes JB&M post a "response" like they did with Ben and Jessa, I am going to be finished. Done. Wholly Done.

It's as if the Duggars think they discovered kissing and birthing babies.

Also, it's WEIRD that they obsess over 'modesty' yet inundate the public with pics of their intimate moments.

They need to just GO PERMANENTLY AWAY.

They do so many of these posts because all they have to offer are courtin', marryin', and birthin'. They can't post about educational or career achievements.

• Love 10

I wrote a post a few days ago saying that I didn't think the Dullard marriage was a very happy one and, while I doubt they are responding to that post, I hardly think that I am the only one who has noticed. I wonder if one of the tabloids mentioned something, and this is their response.

Since we all know that "courtship" is the only path to a successful marriage, I think there is a fair amount of pressure on the couples to constantly prove how deleriously happy they are.

While I'm not on Pinterest, I have no doubt that that photo is a replica -- right down to the hand placement -- of something that Jill saw on-line. I don't think that she has one ounce of originality or creativity. She may have been born with it, but she has none now.

• Love 6

Izzy's 6 mos old now. I'm surprised (& pleased) Jill isn't pregnant again yet.

Maybe they're using birth control on the sly.

Or she has discovered sex with him is horrendous,It being an arranged marriage n' all !

• Love 2

I don't think they're proposing that the gang members fast. Some Christians believe that fasting will make their prayers more . . . efficacious, I guess? I don't have any direct experience with it.

Not just Christians, pretty much members of all the world's religions couple fasting with prayer and very often for peace within a community. Not a faster myself, but I respect it. 

• Love 4

Not just Christians, pretty much members of all the world's religions couple fasting with prayer and very often for peace within a community. Not a faster myself, but I respect it. 

Real questions:

Is there a reason for fasting? Is it in the Bible?

• Love 1

Lovely pic. When I snuggle up to my guy - kissing or riding in the car - I hold onto him in just that way - with my hand grasping his arm. I really like that there are plenty of positive comments on their photo as well.

I don't hate the photo. I don't really like it, still weirdly chaste, but I like that their lips are pouted, the previous burst of JimChelle, Benessa, and Jerick kissing photos just had them pressing their mouths together.

I must admit I've never heard of fasting as a means to make God do something. I always thought it was to humble and better oneself, get more deeply connected to one's religion and to get a physical reminder that there are poor and hungry people in the world that need your help. That's how a Coptic friend of mine explained it and I think there's some similar thinking behind the Muslim Ramadan. Is there a different purpose behind fasting in fundie circles or is it just something Jill came up with on her own?

Edited by Vaysh
  • Love 7

I don't follow them closely anymore -- can anyone explain Derick and Jill's status? I look at their IG once in a while. It looks like they were/are in the U.S. -- the pics of Derick studying Spanish, in the kitchen holding a happy birthday sign -- all of those look like American homes/kitchen set ups to me. Are they bouncing back and forth between the U.S. and South America, and if so -- why? Don't missionaries usually go someplace and stay throughout for a yr or two. It seems like every time there is a wedding or something (and not even a family wedding always), they're back -- and then staying for a 1 or 2 at least. Doesn't that cut down their mission time? If that's ho they're going to do it, why not just have Derick continue to work at Walmart (not that they'd hire him back but some other employer) with full salary and benefits and save up his vacation time and go on 2 week "mission trips" as vacations? I have known people who do this -- esp younger people in the conservative southern cities.

What's with the kissing pic? You're married, we know you're kissing and [gasp] even having sex, so what's to prove? I kind of wonder if they feel "old" and uncool compared to Bin and Jessa as they are "younger" hotter, more attractive couple and PDA from them is less gross, and thus Jill feels they need to do these kissing types of pics to say -- look at us, we're still young newlyweds too.

• Love 4

I don't follow them closely anymore -- can anyone explain Derick and Jill's status? I look at their IG once in a while. It looks like they were/are in the U.S. -- the pics of Derick studying Spanish, in the kitchen holding a happy birthday sign -- all of those look like American homes/kitchen set ups to me. Are they bouncing back and forth between the U.S. and South America, and if so -- why? Don't missionaries usually go someplace and stay throughout for a yr or two. It seems like every time there is a wedding or something (and not even a family wedding always), they're back -- and then staying for a 1 or 2 at least. Doesn't that cut down their mission time? If that's ho they're going to do it, why not just have Derick continue to work at Walmart (not that they'd hire him back but some other employer) with full salary and benefits and save up his vacation time and go on 2 week "mission trips" as vacations? I have known people who do this -- esp younger people in the conservative southern cities.

What's with the kissing pic? You're married, we know you're kissing and [gasp] even having sex, so what's to prove? I kind of wonder if they feel "old" and uncool compared to Bin and Jessa as they are "younger" hotter, more attractive couple and PDA from them is less gross, and thus Jill feels they need to do these kissing types of pics to say -- look at us, we're still young newlyweds too.

Those pics were taken in Central America, where they supposedly will be staying until next summer at the earliest.

Are you afraid he'll make a break for it? LOL.

LOL!! Not even a teensy bit. We've been married for almost 25 years; together for just about 30. I just love snuggling up to all the handsome that is him. Of course, we still love holding hands with interlaced fingers, too. 

The Dullards are in Central America, but given that their apartment is pretty similar to anything you'd find in the States, they're clearly not roughing it with the poor.

Interesting. The apartment is very much American style, which tends to cost top dollar in the developing world. I realize top dollar rents in South America may still seem "cheap" when you convert the currency to U.S. dollars, but still. I would think someone who is someplace to serve the poor and/or spread the gospel would rough it a bit. Not suggesting that they need to be living in mud hut with a baby, but a middle of the road apartment would probably be doable. By the looks of it Derick was roughing it much more in Nepal and living like a local -- but then I guess he didn't have a Duggar daughter calling the shots for him and probably lived wherever all the other missionaries lived.

• Love 6

I saw this post about them on free jinger,whoever this person is has it spot on about Derrick!!

16strong posted this....

I really want to know what Derrick's deal is. Something about all of this has been hinky since the beginning. A grown man with a college degree and experience working abroad approaches a well-known reality star to be his "prayer partner." Then, the college-educated man romances one of said reality star's naive and sheltered daughters. Realistically, they should be worlds apart and have nothing in common. No offense to the Duggar daughters, but no grown man I know would feel right about this. For all intents and purposes, those girls are still about 12 years old. And Derrick just rushed down the aisle with Jill? I'm not saying he had/has ulterior motives, but...

• Love 9

I saw this post about them on free jinger,whoever this person is has it spot on about Derrick!!

16strong posted this....

I really want to know what Derrick's deal is. Something about all of this has been hinky since the beginning. A grown man with a college degree and experience working abroad approaches a well-known reality star to be his "prayer partner." Then, the college-educated man romances one of said reality star's naive and sheltered daughters. Realistically, they should be worlds apart and have nothing in common. No offense to the Duggar daughters, but no grown man I know would feel right about this. For all intents and purposes, those girls are still about 12 years old. And Derrick just rushed down the aisle with Jill? I'm not saying he had/has ulterior motives, but...

I totally get this post, but I think the poster is giving Derrick to much credit. I think he is a shy man, with little real life social experience.

• Love 7

There's fasting/penance for Lent. Maybe The Dillard's should ask the gangs to give up crime for Lent.

There is fasting for many purposes in the Old Testament, and since there is fasting in the New Testament I'd say it applies. Today many people use it for their own spirituality, but if the people of faith in a community fasted and prayed for peace and freedom from fear of gangs harming their families, I believe it would be in keeping with most religions. I have no idea what the Dillards believe, but I'm guessing it has nothing to do with Lent.

• Love 1

Re:  fasting, I'll just quote this person:

Biblical Fasting - Is there a proper method to fasting?

Biblical fasting, unlike fasting for medical or health reasons, must be done with an attitude of seriousness and sincerity. When we fast, we willingly deprive the body of nourishment and the pleasurable taste of food. The body requires food for sustenance; therefore our hearts and minds must be totally focused and directed towards God so that He may be the full source of our strength during our period of fasting.

Fasting must also be done in an attitude of humility. It is not necessary for others to know we are fasting; it is directed towards God. “But when you fast, put oil on your head and wash your face, so that it will not be obvious to men that you are fasting, but only to your Father, who is unseen; and your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you” (Matthew 6:17-18).

In addition to our attitudes towards God and our stance before man, our motives must also be correct. We should fast in order to further the building up of God’s kingdom by seeking to minister to others. The prophet Isaiah received from the Lord the acceptable motives for our fasts: “Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen: to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break every yoke? Is it not to share your food with the hungry and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter -- when you see the naked, to clothe him, and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood?” (Isaiah 58:6-7).

Fasts may last for varying lengths of time -- one day, three days, seven days, and more. We should prayerfully seek the Lord about the length of our fast. Fasting should have an object in mind; we should have a clear idea of the need and purpose. One of the most pressing reasons for Christian fasting may be revival -- “Will you not revive us again...” (Psalm 85:6).

More here, if you really want it... http://www.allaboutgod.com/biblical-fasting.htm