Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

From Pickles and Hairspray poster -- Another unconfirmed sighting of Jill/Der, now at the Atlanta City airport, waiting at the Guatemala City gate. 

FreeJinger is offline now, so I can't view that post.  But, why would anyone fly from Arkansas to Atlanta to go to Guatemala?  It would be cheaper and faster to fly out of Texas.

FreeJinger is offline now, so I can't view that post.  But, why would anyone fly from Arkansas to Atlanta to go to Guatemala?  It would be cheaper and faster to fly out of Texas.

If they flew Delta, the main hub is in Atlanta. It all depends on airline.

Pickles and Hairspray say the refund phone number is on the screenshot they personally took on the 11th July.

Yeah, it's been there, but no one really cared until the scandal broke and the tabloids grabbed ahold.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 1

FreeJinger is offline now, so I can't view that post. But, why would anyone fly from Arkansas to Atlanta to go to Guatemala? It would be cheaper and faster to fly out of Texas.

I was thinking the same thing. American and United have a bazillion flights to Central America out of Dallas and Houston. I used to be a flight attendant so I know how the hub system works, but flying through Atlanta is kind of a roundabout way to get to Guatemala.

Edited by BitterApple

Isn't it weird that they were gonna minster to El Salavdor, now it's suddenly Guatemala?

They actually never said just where in Central America they were going, but Daily Mail found them on the S.O.S. volunteer tour all during July.  That tour went to El Salvador, Honduras and Guatemala.  Then they went to the U.S.  Then they went to Antigua, Guatemala, to study Spanish for a whole two weeks.  Then they went back to the U.S. and have been there ever since.  They never even admitted to being in Guatemala to study Spanish, but some tourists photographed them there with Joy-Anna and Carlin Bates. 

Derick posted on their website that they planned to go back to Central America to study Spanish some more. Again, he never said where or when.

• Love 1

So, it was filmed....or is being filmed in Guatemala.

ShA6bom.jpg

They actually never said just where in Central America they were going,

That's just more scammy, to me. Vague is bad when you have other people paying your way. Just Fess Up to being on SOS' team and be done with it.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 5

So I'm watching TLC and saw a commercial which featured Jill and Jessa. Talking about their lives being ruined and how will they go on . Turns out their show will air in Dec. it's called Jill and Jessa counting on. I think it's 3 specials. I can't wait. Lol. Bet y'all can't wait either.

• Love 4

So I'm watching TLC and saw a commercial which featured Jill and Jessa. Talking about their lives being ruined and how will they go on . Turns out their show will air in Dec. it's called Jill and Jessa counting on. I think it's 3 specials. I can't wait. Lol. Bet y'all can't wait either.

What happened to them just being people who happened to have a TV show? 

It's not like they've admitted to being victimized by Josh, just by the ebil librul media. 

eta: If Jill is doing exams, is she going to be present at the birth? I don't put a lot of stock in an anecdote seen at Pickles' site. Jessa either had the baby, or they had a fake farewell. Don't forget, Boob and Mechelle were at that retreat this weekend, so they couldn't have been there (which is probably why they filmed this when they did, come to think of it). OR did they film Jessa at the retreat, which gets Boob and Mechelle camera time? 

I'm really very curious how they're going to edit those cretins out, or is TLC hedging their bets and hoping that people have forgotten everything that Boob and Mechelle did that contributed to Smuggar's failures and the resultant situation that these girls find themselves in, by no fault of their own?

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 4

I think it was just to hear the heart tones. You can probably order a Doppler like that from baby's r us. Or Craig's list.

I just looked up Dopplers on Amazon and they have one that's called Wusic (Womb Music Heartbeat Baby Monitor) Precious, I tell ya.
  • Love 1

Yup.  A three-part special: http://www.inquisitr.com/2498267/duggar-family-show-with-jill-and-jessa-airs-in-december

TLC started a Facebook page about it and most of the comments look unfavorable so far.  It has thousands of shares, but very few likes.  (Go voice your opinion!)

https://www.facebook.com/countingontlc?_rdr=p&fref=nf

I would think TLC needs some real footage of the "missionaries" in action.  Unless, TLC has had people following them the whole time.  I'm surprised they're leaving now. Maybe a month-long language school. They'll be back by Thanksgiving.

• Love 1

Looks like a good chunk of the negative comments have been deleted. I'm really surprised there are less than 50K likes. That's really low, considering the fan base these folks had before the scandal(s). 

Dill has left the country. And they took Derick's mom with them. Bet they'll be back for Jessa's baby's birth. Or this was another staged goodbye.

Probably just took a quick "mission trip" to an all-inclusive. 

• Love 1

http://www.people.com/article/jill-derick-dillard-return-el-salvador-mission-trip

More lies from People. Dill says it'll be next summer before they can come back to the States. They'll be back after Jessa's baby is born.

The comments are hilarious. People are picking up on the awfully convenient timing of their departure. Derick and Jill have been taking tons of heat over donations and multiple trips back to the States and now they're making it a point to say they won't be back until the summer. Should we start a pool on how fast that lie will go out the window? I'm predicting they're back for Thanksgiving.

• Love 9

And if/when the TV show is picked up. I can't see Jill having a TV show while lounging around Antigua.

Maybe they're fleeing the IRS.

I had wondered idly if they were money laundering for Jim Bob. Missionaries with a baby would be a good cover!

Then we'd have enough material for a sequel to the inevitable Lifetime movie

• Love 2

Yup.  A three-part special: http://www.inquisitr.com/2498267/duggar-family-show-with-jill-and-jessa-airs-in-december

TLC started a Facebook page about it and most of the comments look unfavorable so far.  It has thousands of shares, but very few likes.  (Go voice your opinion!)

https://www.facebook.com/countingontlc?_rdr=p&fref=nf

The interns must have come to work and edited because the comments looked positive and a couple of negative. At least for the ones that are showing without clicking on show more which I didn't do.
  • Love 1

What about visa issues? Are they able to obtain a visa for the "work" they are doing? Because otherwise, wouldn't each stay be capped at 3 consecutive months?

My understanding is it's very hard to get the kind of Visa that would allow them to stay in El Salvador for an extended length of time. If I had to make an educated guess, I'd say Derick and Jill are counting on their leghumpers' lack of education and general naivete about such matters in order to avoid being called out on their blatant lies.

Eta: anyone, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on the visa issue.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 4

Aww, jeez - who takes a picture of a crying, inconsolable child like that ? Surrounded by a ring of bizarrely smiling family members who only know how to look at the camera and not at each other ???

Poor Jenny. 

She's pretty much the poster child of childhood depression. Not that anyone notices, or cares.

• Love 16

That picture of Jenny breaks my heart!  She is so close to this much-older sister, and can hardly spend time with her.  It would be nice if her mom would snuggle her, read to her, and help her write a letter to Jill, but I seriously doubt any of that is going to happen.

Free Jenny!

• Love 9

The mystery girl is Tabitha Paine, older sister of Erin Bates' husband Chad Paine. She's Jana's friend and occasionally, we speculate that she and JD could be an item since she's around the Duggars all the damn time. LOL!