Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Lunera said:

Oh, hey look I guess we have another kid too. Poor Iz he looks to be suffering from bad allergies and Jill is back to her crazy eyes.

#boymom? I guess I'll assume she means she's a mom of boys and not that Izzy will be raising Sam.

• Love 12
13 hours ago, Lunera said:

Oh, hey look I guess we have another kid too. Poor Iz he looks to be suffering from bad allergies and Jill is back to her crazy eyes.

Ya hit the nail on the head. Izzy probably has some food allergies!!!  That's why he always looks like he has been crying or is puffy.  

Derick's doctor, on camera, said she found a dairy allergy.  Allergies run in families. 

(one of my kids has multiple life threatening food allergies and I know way more than I ever wanted to know about allergies.)

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Obsidian said:

#boymom? I guess I'll assume she means she's a mom of boys and not that Izzy will be raising Sam.

#boymom is a ridiculously annoying hashtag that people use to brag about raising a boy. I could go on a very long rant about why I hate it... 

39 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Ya hit the nail on the head. Izzy probably has some food allergies!!!  That's why he always looks like he has been crying or is puffy.  

Derick's doctor, on camera, said she found a dairy allergy.  Allergies run in families. 

(one of my kids has multiple life threatening food allergies and I know way more than I ever wanted to know about allergies.)

Yikes, I never thought of that but oh man, I feel terrible for any Duggar or Duggar-adjacent with food allergies. My kiddo has food allergies too, so my sympathies to you and your kiddo. Hope they aren't too hard to manage!

• Love 7
14 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

The psycho eyes are back. She looked so normal in the pic with the pizza. 

The fatigue from her surgery's wearing off. It takes effort to lift your eyebrows like that. .....I expect she learned to do that as a kid when she was supposed to smile big over and over and over and usually didn't feel like it. BUt she was Jilly Muffin so she made a big effort. Now she goes through life thinking that smiling appropriately requires trying really hard. And it sends her eyebrows into her hairline.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, tabloidlover said:

What's with the mittens on baby Sam????   It's freaking HOT in Arkansas - TRIM HIS FINGERNAILS if him scratching himself is an issue.   Idiots.

There's no time.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

What's with the mittens on baby Sam????   It's freaking HOT in Arkansas - TRIM HIS FINGERNAILS if him scratching himself is an issue.   Idiots.

My son was born right in the middle of summer, no amount of trimming his nails kept him from scratching up his face ... so mittens it had to be

• Love 15
11 minutes ago, Totally said:

My son was born right in the middle of summer, no amount of trimming his nails kept him from scratching up his face ... so mittens it had to be

I was gonna say, I feel like my friends with babies said 'you'd be surprised at how little a nail it takes to make a gouge'

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Or they don't want him to be a thumb sucker.

That could be.  My mom sewed one sleeve shut on my nightgowns (I apparently sucked my index finger.)

The Dullards probably think of it as satanistic, like Izzy being manipulative.  Or at least, a moral failing.

Do any of their babies get a Binky?

On 7/31/2017 at 11:55 AM, xwordfanatik said:

You are appreciated, and I do tip delivery.  Mr. Xword delivered pizza in the 70's, when we were in college.  The only tips he usually got were from drunks.  It's not an easy job dealing with rude & stingy people, not to mention having to drive around in nasty weather.

Thank you. At my age finding anything to bring money in is tough, and this has actually been good to me. Medical coding errors have me dog paddling so I appreciate what it brings in.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

In the comments of the pic with Samuel over Derick's shoulder, there are so many saying Samuel looks like Jessa. If Jill reads comments, I wonder how she feels about that.

The babies look switched at birth to me too. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

And because it's so hot in Arkansas, it's a rare Arkansan who doesn't have air conditioning.  The baby isn't out in the heat.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

And because it's so hot in Arkansas, it's a rare Arkansan who doesn't have air conditioning.  The baby isn't out in the heat.

Anyone else wonder if Boob caps what each of the kids is allowed to spend on utilities?  

Also - it appears I am the only one whose infant didn't scratch themselves.  My apologies.

• Love 4

I trimmed the nails and my kids didn't scratch their faces either.  I'm opposed to the mittens for inhibiting the infants free movement and exploration.  It's just another one of those parenting issues where people see things differently.  Jill may not be up to trimming nails yet.  All except the pizza in the car photo she's been in a recliner or easy chair type thing even eating lunch.  I don't think she's fully comfortable yet.

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 6

I love snarking on the Duggs but putting mittens on an infant is not one of the things I will  snark about. 

I've had three and if I recall correctly, an infants nails can still be attached to the skin for the first two or three weeks.  You do not want to cut the skin and yes, you can use an emory board- but that is difficult with a newborn.  

Edited by truthtalk2014
  • Love 5

Man Samuel is an unfortunate looking kid. Don't know or care if it's Jessa or Spurgeon or what but those lips on a boy!? Hopefully he's in that stage where lots of babies just aren't cute yet and he grows out of it.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, cereality said:

Man Samuel is an unfortunate looking kid. Don't know or care if it's Jessa or Spurgeon or what but those lips on a boy!? Hopefully he's in that stage where lots of babies just aren't cute yet and he grows out of it.

I hate to agree...but...

I do think he will be a cutie when he grows up.  

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 2

I think Jill is looking better than she has in a long time. It looks like s real smile, she doesn't have a ton of makeup on, her hair is pulled back, she looks relaxed. Up until the last 3 pics, she's looked tense and depressed. Maybe this birth whacked her hormones back to normal. 

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Maybe she is overly joyful to not be back in Danger America for a while. 

Have they mentioned when or if they are returning to DA?   How old was Izzy when they went the first time?

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, IntoTheMystic said:

I think Sam is the cutest infant I've seen in the Duggar family and extended Duggar family. I love that nose and his lips. Very cute.

I think I have weird taste because I think Sam is adorable but I don't find Henry cute at all, and most people seem to think the opposite.

• Love 5

My twins both had those little light mittens on when they were small like that. Otherwise, they both looked like they had been in a catfight. Scratches everywhere. For about 2 months, then they were fine. And I hate the word "Adorbs". Yuck. But he is a cute baby. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Have they mentioned when or if they are returning to DA?   How old was Izzy when they went the first time?

Good question. Someone here knows. 

Jill is probably euphoric.  Who knows, maybe they had "bad news" and have to stay here even longer. I did read their application to the Southern Baptists to be a missionary was denied again. Jill probably did a mental happy dance. Maybe that delayed things or caused an issue?  

21 minutes ago, SMama said:

Is the application online? Why apply when neither fake missionary has the required education?

I don't know. I think it was discussed here briefly, prior to the birth talk. 

Edit: Found the article. Might be fake news. Or not. I can see those two re-applying. 

Rejected again?

Edited by Marigold
20 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

Also - it appears I am the only one whose infant didn't scratch themselves.  My apologies.

My kids had a couple of long sleeved nighties and onesies with sleeves that could fold over their hands. None of my children tolerated having their hands enclosed. I trimmed their nails. The mittens and such that I see folks use now actually make me a little nervous. If the infant is put to bed with them on, they look like a choking hazard to me.

• Love 5

Sources close to the Duggar family are confirming today that Jill and Derick have been turned down by the Southern Baptist Convention.

If true, I'm sure the applied because they thought they were an exception to the rules.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Marigold said:

I don't know. I think it was discussed here briefly, prior to the birth talk. 

Edit: Found the article. Might be fake news. Or not. I can see those two re-applying. 

Rejected again?

I clicked on the link about Jill's midwifery certificate. The MD who wrote the article clearly is not fond of CPMs.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Pardon my ignorance, but what would they be applying for with the Southern Baptist Convention?

I'm probably the wrong one to answer this but I think they apply to them for sponsorship and get paid/financially supported by the Southern Baptist Convention to do missionary work.

http://www.sbc.net/ 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

My kids had a couple of long sleeved nighties and onesies with sleeves that could fold over their hands. None of my children tolerated having their hands enclosed. I trimmed their nails. The mittens and such that I see folks use now actually make me a little nervous. If the infant is put to bed with them on, they look like a choking hazard to me.

I guess I was lucky.  My daughter never had nail scratches, but I did a little trimming early on when she napped.  She was a thumb sucker, though, and would not accept a Binky.  She did require orthodontia, even though she gave up the thumb before 2 yrs. of age.  

I think the Dullards should rethink their career choice.  If it's just for the TeeVee show, major shame on Boob, since I'm sure he's still in charge of everyone's money, except perhaps JerJin and AusJoy?  I just don't see any other kid or spouse having the guts (or smarts ) to make a living without Boob-controlled money.

• Love 1
On 7/29/2017 at 1:30 AM, Jeeves said:

I know. Strange. 

And then, the Bible posts on IG on Jill's account - but with nothing about Sam:

Indeed. The Duggar brand is pretty much all about birthing babies for Jesus and the greater glory of Jim Bob the Patriarch of them all. So the latest blessing to arrive would ordinarily be getting a lot more social and regular media attention than Samuel has.

This does win the internet today and makes as much sense as anything else I've read:

I got curious about, and researched, the timing of prior People cover stories following Jill's and Jessa's deliveries. Most recently, Henry was born on February 6, 2017, in what was apparently a fairly quick and uncomplicated labor/delivery. On February 15, just 9 days later, a teaser for the exclusive People cover story was up on People.com. The date on the cover was February 27, but as we know, those dates never seem to sync up with real life. I also scrolled back through the Seewald topic here, and there were some photos of Henry just after birth, including one with him being held by Ben's sister. I didn't look at any of the Seewald or Duggar SM accounts or blogs to see if there were additional photos posted there prior to the People exclusive being released.

Iz was born April 6, 2015. Only 9 days later, on April 15, the teaser for the People exclusive cover story was posted online. The date on that cover was April 27, but the story was clearly all done and dusted by April 15. So, after what the Dillards admitted was a difficult labor followed by an emergency C section, they were magazine cover-story ready, photos and all, less than nine days later. 

Samuel was born on July 8, which was 20 days ago. Not a peep from People about an exclusive labor/delivery story this time. 

I think any of these could be true:

• People just isn't paying for a cover story for this birth story. And the Dillards/Duggars are pouting and holding out on posting pics and info, hoping People will realize there's a market for a story after all.
  • Samuel's birth will yet be a big People exclusive story, but isn't quite ready for release just yet. Maybe something happened that they've kept under wraps and are releasing in return for the People paycheck. Or it's just as they've kind of said so far: long labor, another C-section, nothing really wrong with baby or mom.
  • Something's wrong with Jill or Samuel, the Dillards are struggling to come to terms with it, and they aren't ready or willing to go public about it.

I really have no clue, I just know that this birth is different from Jill and Jessa's first three deliveries, in terms of publicity. I didn't research Anna's deliveries, but IIRC they got plenty of People ink until Joshgate ruined things.

Jill and Baby Samuel have a lot of competition---People bought the rights to Juliana's wedding, Lauren Conrad's baby snagged this week and with her rival Heidi Pratt expected to give birth any day now, I guarantee People will also be giving them a cover. There just doesn't seem to be any time to fit in a Duggar baby. 

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

There just doesn't seem to be any time to fit in a Duggar baby. 

Not only that, but the 8th Duggar (grand)baby and Jill's second child. There's not anything particularly newsworthy about that, other than "it happened". I'm not sure what they were expecting.

• Love 13
4 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Jill and Baby Samuel have a lot of competition---People bought the rights to Juliana's wedding, Lauren Conrad's baby snagged this week and with her rival Heidi Pratt expected to give birth any day now, I guarantee People will also be giving them a cover. There just doesn't seem to be any time to fit in a Duggar baby. 

Yep. I hadn't been keeping up with the competition for People stories, so it's good that, as usual, the PTV members have the relevant info. 

4 hours ago, McManda said:

Not only that, but the 8th Duggar (grand)baby and Jill's second child. There's not anything particularly newsworthy about that, other than "it happened". I'm not sure what they were expecting.

I also wonder. Maybe Jilly Muffin just assumed that because Jessa got a cover story with Henry, she was going to get one for Samuel. But TBH, Jill isn't nearly as hot-looking as Jessa, and Ben is nice-looking while Derick looks like somebody who's been through hell and isn't quite back yet. Looks matter, and especially if, as has been suggested upthread, the Henry cover story didn't sell as many copies as People expected. They certainly have plenty of material to work with, without the Duggars. I'm sure that if it's true that People has passed on an exclusive Samuel story, JB's probably fired his PR people and Jill's very disappointed. 

A day or so ago, Bill Gothard's teachings about evangelism were mentioned upthread. The gist is that Gothardites were taught that they weren't to go out and get involved in the world, but that they would attract people to Jesus because they (the good little Gothardites) had bright countenances and high standards. So Jill got taught that, plus her parents were always yakking about how their TV show was their "ministry." 

It's probably come as a shock to Jill if People has lost interest, and is no longer cutting her a handsome check every time she pops out a baby. 

I'm only half-snarking here. Jilly was reared to believe how super-speshul and super-righteous and super-superior she is, and yet she's suffered some disappointments (the C-sections, the realities of living and "missionarying" in Central America, Joshgate), and if indeed there's no People exclusive in the works, yet another snub. Not good for someone as immature and fragile as she seems to be. 

EDITED later to add this: I've just read Derick's abominable tweet bashing the 16 year old CHILD who stars in "I am Jazz," on his own network. I now detest Derick almost as much as JB and MEchelle and Josh and Anna. I don't give a flying fork about him or his sad wife and at the mo I am OUT of empathy for anyone named Duggar or Dillard or Seewald or Vuolo. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 18