Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

Derick is too big for his already baggy britches. His opinion is not uncommon and is shared by many people. And many because of their religious beliefs. Not exactly breaking news. The problem is that he's haughty and holier-than-thou. And would blatantly choose one person (on his own network) to target. 

Stick to bible quotes and generalities. I does surprise me that he's become such an open douchebag. The Nepal Derick at least seemed quite kind. And I though Jill was as well when she was in Nepal. Now they just seem entitled and lazy. And now openly judgmental when even Jim Bob won't go there with public statements.  

• Love 14

Wow... I now officially hate derick. I have always been pretty indifferent, but there was no reason for him to show his ignorance by going after a young girl. No, I guess he didn't go after jazz directly, but he made a public comment on something where she was featured, so to me he may as well have tweeted her directly. 

He doesn't have to agree with people being transgender, that's his business, but why not keep his mouth shut? did he think the Jennings would see that tweet and see the light? Or TLC would recognize the error in their ways and remove the show? Perhaps TLC should remove all "objectionable" programming, let's just make it TDC...the duggar channel. What positive effect could he really think could come from this? Now he's gonna get a lot of hate and I'm sure they will hold it up as an example of how persecuted they are for their beliefs.

Someone further up posted what my first thoughts were when I heard about this, how hypocritical this statement about "reality" tv is,  coming from a man/family who at this moment seems to be actively hiding whatever went on with the birth of Sam. Before my opinion was that if they are being dodgy because the family is dealing with hard news then fine... but no, of you are going to call out a child for not showing reality  on a reality show, I want to know all the sordid details of Sam's birth... who let Jill labor for 40 days and 40 nights risking her and the babies life before relenting to go to the heartless soul doctors and have an ungodly c-section? How about calling out a child who pursued medical means to feel complete, that's fake? How about the fact that both of your children were c-sections, guess the weren't "really" born because it was by artificial means (I don't truly believe that, I am completely on board with c-sections and think it's an individual choice). 

For the most part we (society) respected the details of the whole molestation thing, but you know what for the sake of "reality tv", maybe we are privy to every detail, it's what really happened right?

ugh this is making me incomprehensible so I'll leave it at this.

• Love 19
2 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Good thing Jim Bob has all those metal storage facilities.  He can stash all his scandal ridden family members in there. 

He's going to need a bigger facility so Derrick can give Josh the wide berth he's grown to enjoy the last few years.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

This may prove an unpopular opinion, and I'm not for a moment defending Derick, but, to be honest, unless I missed something or he said more further on down the thread, I don't see "bullying" here. I see a lack of education, understanding, empathy, lots of things, but not, strictly speaking, bullying. Mileages may vary of course, but in my mind, "bullying" would be more than  (albeit willfully) using the wrong pronoun in a single post not even directed at Jazz herself but more at the network. 

Yes, it does say volumes about what his mindset toward transgender is, but in some ways (and I speak as someone who was called some pretty insulting things at times by a few individuals at school), it seems that the term "bullying" has come to include even the slightly derogatory.

I don't pretend to understand what someone like Jazz goes through, and maybe I am wrong in thinking that being referred to by the wrong pronoun, even if it happens a lot, is fairly mild as hurtful terms go...It may, like water dripping on a rock, be significant enough to cause major damage over time... If so, I apologize. There is still quite a bit about the transgendered that  I'm still working o wrapping my head around.

Using the wrong pronoun is a hot-button issue for Jazz personally so this is particularly cruel of him. 

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Marigold said:

I totally understand your point and I'm with ya except for this part:

Derick named Jazz and instigated a social media fight. Using the wrong pronouns is just jabbing at her.   Jazz is a minor; she just turned 16!  

I think that is, at least, bordering on bullying or bullying.   Derick even tried to turn that shit around when he posted his brief rebuttal tweet, of not having a problem with her personally. Then why name her?  Of course he has an issue with her personally and that's where the word "bully" crosses my mind. He could've chosen some Bible verse to post but he chose to direct his comments at Jazz and her TLC show. 

I watch the show and Jazz's family is extremely outspoken about transgender issues. I highly doubt her parents aren't going to respond in some manner, which will drag this further into the spotlight.  Derick is forgetting that "I Am Jazz " is not a sitcom.  Jazz is a real human being who attends a real high school in South Florida and has real parents who are very proactive in the LGBTQ community.  To my knowledge, Jazz has never called out any religious community for their opinions and certainly not any Duggars.  

Derick made a colossal mistake by attacking another TLC show. Wow. 

Derick took the top hated Duggar spot, excluding Josh, of course.  He even topped Jim Bob, which is hard to do.   

I appreciate your explanation, and do agree that "bullying" can be used in this context. I suppose I still have a more old-fashioned definition of the word in my head; one of relentless and abusive behavior. Times and definitions do change as we come to understand how things we do can affect others. Even though I lean pretty liberal on a lot of issues, and see shades of gray far more than I do black and white on pretty much everything, I was still raised pretty old-school by immigrant parents who suffered firsthand many horrors of WWII and did not believe in letting adversity and devastation far greater than being called by the wrong pronoun dictate their outlook toward life. I guess I need to broaden my own definitions, though.

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 4

Derick should not go after a child on social media. 

It's just wrong. 

Does Derick even realize Jazz is a high school sophomore????  This a child who is dealing with a lot of stuff on top of being a teenager.  Even if you don't agree with Jazz or the show, don't attack a child. 

• Love 23

Well, that's it.  I am seriously beginning to question the sanity and stability of Derrick and Jill Dillard.  Seriously, please Duggars, keep them away from heavy equipment, machinery and ammunition.  I see a bell tower in someone's future.

• Love 14
1 minute ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I appreciate your explanation, and do agree that "bullying" can be used in this context. I suppose I still have a more old-fashioned definition of the word in my head; one of relentless and abusive behavior. Times and definitions do change as we come to understand how things we do can affect others. Even though I lean pretty liberal on a lot of issues, and see shades of gray far more than I do black and white on pretty much everything, I was still raised pretty old-school by immigrant parents who suffered firsthand many horrors of WWII and did not believe in letting adversity and devastation dictate their outlook toward life. 

I think "bullying" used to be used in a context like you said.  Constant attack. 

But social media is so, so different. It happens like lightening.!!!!  Derick posted 1 tweet and Jazz's name is blasted all over.  Within an hour, it's now a constant attack and I think it's a bullying situation!  There must be thousands of tweets now going back and forth with the girl's name in it.  

We went from a one verbal attack to thousands of verbal attacks in a matter of hours.  It is relentless today on poor Jazz and she did NOTHING to cause this. 

If you look at it like that, it really feels like a bullying action. It just happens so fast that it's hard to process as bullying. 

• Love 21
1 minute ago, Marigold said:

I think "bullying" used to be used in a context like you said.  Constant attack. 

But social media is so, so different. It happens like lightening.!!!!  Derick posted 1 tweet and Jazz's name is blasted all over.  Within an hour, it's now a constant attack and I think it's a bullying situation!  There must be thousands of tweets now going back and forth with the girl's name in it.  

We went from a one verbal attack to thousands of verbal attacks in a matter of hours.  It is relentless today on poor Jazz and she did NOTHING to cause this. 

If you look at it like that, it really feels like a bullying action. It just happens so fast that it's hard to process as bullying. 

That is also something which had not occurred to me. Thank you.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Annb67 said:

That's it. I've had it. Excuse the language.

Derick Dillard you are a low-life lazy ass piece of shit, you are a judgemental hemorrhoid on society along with the rest of your mooching family. Who in the hell do you think you are picking on a teenager? Let me judge you. 

Your ass doesn't work, your wife is dumb as a piece of shit, you endanger your child's lives by not getting correct medical care for them while being born. Any man worth his weight would have probably beat the fuck out of anyone upon learning of molestation yet you continue to suck the cock of the man who allowed it. 

Let me lay a truth bomb on your trifling good-for-nothing lazy sloth ass. Jazz is more of an adult at HER age than your deranged idiotic ignorant self will ever be. 

Really TLC?

You said what I was thinking.  I would add another thought though.

Derick is the worst kind of person.  He's hiding behind God to spread his bigoted filth.  How can he be wrong if "God" and the Bible say so.

If I could like the quoted post a million time I would.

• Love 15
12 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

That is also something which had not occurred to me. Thank you.

Social Media is a totally different animal. More like a beast.   I guess words change meanings as the times change, right?  

It's tough to keep up. I have a friend whose child is transgender, female to male.  I occasionally mix up pronouns. I catch myself and apologize; this is new for me and I'm not 20 years old! The mom says "It's fine, your heart is in the right place."  I'm sure I mix up other things too. I hope people who know me, know I try to be kind. 

Back to Derick..."kind" would not describe Derick.  I wouldn't like it if he got a a LGBTQ rant either but to drag a child into it is just so trashy and mean. 

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Back to Derick..."kind" would not describe Derick.  I wouldn't like it if he got a a LGBTQ rant either but to drag a child into it is just so trashy and mean. 

His mother in law has a prayer that gives you a heart for children. He could try praying it.

• Love 6

If TLC had any ethics at all they would have cancelled the Duggars after Joshgate I, but in reality they're probably delighted that two of their shows are getting a lot of publicity today. TLC is not known for walking the moral high ground. And since Jazz has expressed discomfort with misgendering on her show, DDullard's reply where he refers to her as "him" feeds right into Jazz's storyline. How convenient! DDullard has stumbled into a crossover. I hope I'm wrong but I don't believe TLC will be worried about this at all.

• Love 13

He made a huge error; He seems to be throwing a gauntlet at TLC, so he put Jazz in the crosshairs by quoting the TLC promotion which seemed like a direct hit on Jazz. He then tried to clarify he wasn't focused on a specific person and made it worse by using the pronoun 'him'. 

And really? Non-reality? Like the Duggs are all about authenticity? C'mon: Michelle pretending to parent, Jana builds a treehouse, Jinger buys cars at an auction to flip, Bin rents a bunch of kids for a sports camp, Dillards mission...

I think Dillards may have opted out of the entire program. They didn't show for the last two episodes (which were entire bullshit). They aren't in People. Either TLC has ended things, or the Dillards themselves have decided they are done being a public family. I can see how this would irritate Jeremy (he had his fit about something), so maybe Derp is blowing up the tv ministry. 

• Love 19
1 minute ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

If the Dullards do get booted which I doubt, it's just be one more Christian martyrdom feather to add to their cap

I would rather Dullards wear one feather of truth, than the entire headdress of JB tv ministry of lies. Their entire show is bullshit. Tell the truth Duggs, expose yourself if you dare. 

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

If the Dullards do get booted which I doubt, it's just be one more Christian martyrdom feather to add to their cap.  Derrick could say he stood up for the truth of God and the evil world unjustly punished him.  

So True. This "persecution" feeds his ego of being a godly man. 

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, sometimesy said:

I think Dillards may have opted out of the entire program. They didn't show for the last two episodes (which were entire bullshit). They aren't in People. Either TLC has ended things, or the Dillards themselves have decided they are done being a public family. 

If they truly want to stop being a public family, Derrick the d-bag needs to give up his Twittering.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

I'm so glad there are hundreds of pictures of Derick looking like an insane bearded drifter to go with the inevitable news stories. It should make his soon-needed job search fun too. 

I'm also glad Jessa lives by an on ramp, it should muffle the screams coming out of that house. Hopefully, hundreds of miles away, Jinger lit a joint and turned her phone off.

Or having sex...go jinj

• Love 6
14 hours ago, ms.o said:

Do you dare bite the hand that feeds you?  I really do not understand these people. Any of them 

https://mobile.twitter.com/derick4Him/status/892938651469922304

This makes me angrier than anything else recently in the Duggar verse.  As others have and will point out, he's a reality star with "non-reality" lifestyle.  (That they can have a big house, nice cars, travel as much as they as want without having to do much, etc.)

That being said there was a great article in New York magazine about a  mixed martial arts star/boxer. They said "When you have you nothing to sell, ...sell the hate."  

That being said Derick should watch it. He and Jill seem to me the least popular after Josh. I saw a video on youtube someone had put together about "Duggar scandals" months ago. The beginning was all about Josh and maybe Michelle's robo calls.  Then it talked about Derick and Jill and their mission work etc.  

The FRC is still there, maybe he wants Josh's old job. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, cdp73 said:

If they truly want to stop being a public family, Derrick the d-bag needs to give up his Twittering.

Twat gotta tweet.

• Love 17

Funny how Derrick calls her show a non-reality show, when he's living a non reality as a "missionary".  Talk about oxymorons!  He is officially Derrick the Douchebag.  A grown man picking on a teenager for no other reason than to make someone pay attention to him and his littul family.   Well, like others have said, he is sure to get some kind of article in People now.  He had better pray that this doesn't blow up and get his ass kicked off the show by TLC finally doing something about their bigoted little asses.

• Love 16
13 hours ago, SMama said:

So ironic that TLC has an anti bullying message on their Facebook page. Perhaps we should share how Derelict is bullying a sixteen year old. Oh my!

YES!! I was watching Jazz last week and saw the anti-bullying commercial and thought to myself, "Really TLC?! You have the Duggars on tv and they are the biggest bullies ever!"

TLC just cannot quit them for some reason, after everything. They dropped Honey Boo boo so fast after the scandal.

• Love 5

At first I thought perhaps Dreck and Muffin were already planning to leave the show so he did this as a last stand.  But then I remembered this is Derick.  He's simply not that smart.  If it were Jeremy that would be a possibility.  I really think Derick just is that dumb.  

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

At first I thought perhaps Dreck and Muffin were already planning to leave the show so he did this as a last stand.  But then I remembered this is Derick.  He's simply not that smart.  If it were Jeremy that would be a possibility.  I really think Derick just is that dumb.  

Combined with their MIA  the last episodes of Counting On and Jeremy's rant, something tells me the Dills are done with the Show. Maybe he wants the freedom to express himself and couldn't because he was stifled by the Boob. I support him if this is what he is doing. Even if we don't like what they say, isn't it better to have them come clean? Didn't we want the world to know that the Dugg veneer of wholesomeness hid some controversial ideas. Jazz is getting a lot of support, it will be ok.

• Love 9
13 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

Even if they share the same beliefs, they have at least enough sense to keep it to themselves.

See, the Duggs actually draw people to their lifestyle. But, it's a lie. It should not be hidden, it should be exposed. They say the show is their ministry, but they don't tell about the core beliefs. The Duggs only reveal the quaint modesty, courting, no handholding bullshit, but that is not the end of their lifestyle so I appreciate Dillard coming clean.  That's why Dillard calling another show 'non-reality' is such a farce when his own show is just a really shitty drama with bad actors. 

• Love 22
33 minutes ago, sometimesy said:

Combined with their MIA  the last episodes of Counting On and Jeremy's rant, something tells me the Dills are done with the Show. Maybe he wants the freedom to express himself and couldn't because he was stifled by the Boob. I support him if this is what he is doing. Even if we don't like what they say, isn't it better to have them come clean? Didn't we want the world to know that the Dugg veneer of wholesomeness hid some controversial ideas. Jazz is getting a lot of support, it will be ok.

That's a good point too! Let Derick expose his opinions. The shine is off the apple. 

I just really wish he would not have picked a twitter war with a child. I know Jazz stars in a reality show but she is still a minor.    So trashy. 

Most anti Duggar forums (or any forums) have a policy on NOT discussing the kids, other than a random comment on their birthday party or something. If I go on a forum and kids are trashed, i leave. It tells me something about the people there and I'm done.  

• Love 7
50 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

Derrick is an idiot. TLC is absolutely going to have to address this ( if they don't, my disgust of TLC will sink from high to off the charts. I still can't believe they have this hateful ignorant molestation having family on tv)

He even used a picture of her, called her 'him' ( which I don't think was ignorant or accidental, it was an attack!) Derrick, you done fucked up big time. 

So if TLC cares at all abouit good PR, Dillards AT MINIMUM should be kicked off show. Hopefully the rest of the DUGGARS are gone too, and we can just watch Jeremy and Jinger and Jessa and Bin if TLC absilutely needs to have some sort of cult programming on. Even if they share the same beliefs, they have at least enough sense to keep it to themselves.

Also NEWSFLASH Derick- GENDER isn't assigned by GOD. You could maybe argue that SEX is "assigned" by God/biology what have you, but "Gender" is 100% a social construct. But he is way too ignorant and uneducated to understand that. 

This tweet came after

"

MJones @pinkbagels·6h

Clearly that jaw surgery must be the work of the devil since God wanted him to shut the hell up."

burrrnn!

I wish I had the time to create a small powerpoint and travel to Arkansas to show Derrick how much gender is a social construct.  Every time some ignorant yokel like him talks about gender not being fluid, I want to show them a portrait of Louis XIV (the pinnacle of 17th century masculinity).  Alas, some of us have to work.

• Love 16

Sorry if this has been discussed, I was out running errands and now catching up. Does anyone (@absolom?) know if reality shows have a "morality" clause? I don't even know why I'm hoping since the molestation disclosure did not stop TLC from exploiting the victims.

• Love 1

Latest tweet.  "we shouldn't trust our own heart & mind" - Derick your cult brain is showing.  I copied this from another site.  

This is an excerpt from his latest tweet.  I'm not on Twitter so I couldn't copy and paste the whole thing.  Something about God saying not to trust our hearts and minds.  Maybe the whole tweet is posted here somewhere.  

It's pretty obvious he didn't heed his own advice.  If he had, maybe he wouldn't have caused a twitter firestorm by bullying a teenager ON HIS OWN NETWORK!!  What an idiot.

Edited by toodles
  • Love 7
44 minutes ago, sometimesy said:

See, the Duggs actually draw people to their lifestyle. But, it's a lie. It should not be hidden, it should be exposed. They say the show is their ministry, but they don't tell about the core beliefs. The Duggs only reveal the quaint modesty, courting, no handholding bullshit, but that is not the end of their lifestyle so I appreciate Dillard coming clean.  That's why Dillard calling another show 'non-reality' is such a farce when his own show is just a really shitty drama with bad actors. 

You know I actually agree with that. Show the duggars in all their culty disgusting patriarchal hypocritical glory. 

I think I mean more like, if you want to be employed by TLC or remotely likable to the general public, keep that shit to yourself. But you are right!

If Jeremy had ANY PR sense he should retweet Derricks quote with a biblical quote about how real Christians are  loving and not judging one another or something. That would be amazing. BUt sadly I think Jeremy feels similar to Derick so prolly not. 

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, CherryMalotte said:

The TLC FB page is lit up like a methed up Christmas tree with nuclear powered disco lights.  At some point TLC is going to have to address this,  it will be interesting how they respond.

Not very Christian of you Derek....

tenor.gif

• Love 17
12 minutes ago, toodles said:

Latest tweet.  "we shouldn't trust our own heart & mind" - Derick your cult brain is showing.  I copied this from another site.  

This is an excerpt from his latest tweet.  I'm not on Twitter so I couldn't copy and paste the whole thing.  Something about God saying not to trust our hearts and minds.  Maybe the whole tweet is posted here somewhere.  

It's pretty obvious he didn't heed his own advice.  If he had, maybe he wouldn't have caused a twitter firestorm by making by bullying a teenager ON HIS OWN NETWORK!!  What an idiot.

So when God lays it upon our hearts to do something, does that mean we shouldn't trust God?

• Love 9