Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

57 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Facial wrinkles are influenced by genetics. We can't blame Jilly for hers. 

The overlong hair is on her. 

The habit of scrunching up her forehead, too much sun and I would imagine a lack of good skin care is on her too,

• Love 13

The hair length in the second picture is perfect - because it cut more than a foot off! 

I feel sad that this was her first salon trip ever. And to a relative with a discount, no doubt. Dreck could have paid for her to get a nice treat at some point in the last 5 blissful years. Maybe she’ll be even wilder in the bedroom now! 

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, EmeraldGirl said:

Maybe she’ll be even wilder in the bedroom now! 

My comment is so naughty that I cannot post it, but use your imagination. Heck, it’s probably not fundie approved either. 

• LOL 9
10 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Ben’s sister washed /trimmed Jill’s hair.  Guys I think she reads this site.  

Wow, big news!!  A hair wash and trim!  Sadly, for Jill this IS news!

”getting my hair washed and all at a salon” 🙄

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
On 7/22/2019 at 4:35 PM, Christina87 said:

I have to wear camis under a lot of normal shirts because...DD's. 😢😢😢

I only wear collar shirts and blouses.  I use very small safety pins to close the gap with the blouses.  The polo shirts fit fine  and I'm even bigger than DDD.

But seriously, these fundies and their faux modesty nonsense make me want to vomit.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
(edited)

From all the years of filming I've never once seen a Duggar girl fresh out of the shower with wet hair.

Jill has a long face. She would look so much better with shorter hair and shorter layers framing her face.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

From all the years of filming I've never once seen a Duggar girl fresh out of the shower with wet hair.

Jill has a long face. She would look so much better with shorter hair and shorter layers framing her face.

That I don’t blame them for. I would be up and dressed before the camera crew arrived 100% of the time. 

• Love 16

First, 28 years old and this is the first time she's had a wash and trim at a salon? How very sad.

Second, how would the wash even work? I could image her ridiculously long hair spilling over the sink basin edges and blocking the drain continuously. I hope whoever washed Jill's hair got an enormous tip for their efforts. Who am I kidding? They probably got nothing.

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
8 minutes ago, lulu69 said:

First, 28 years old and this is the first time she's had a wash and trim at a salon? How very sad.

Second, how would the wash even work? I could image her ridiculously long hair spilling over the sink basin edges and blocking the drain continuously. I hope whoever washed Jill's hair got an enormous tip for their efforts. Who am I kidding? They probably got nothing.

Very sad.  She could've gone to a super cuts or a similar affordable chain like that.  Considering she only got a wash and trim at best, any stylist can handle that.  She wasn't getting her hair dyed or a complicated cut.

If they can afford to send Dwad to law school, they should be able to afford to send Jill to the salon once in awhile.

• Love 14
19 hours ago, Puffin said:

Uh I just remembered they like their hair long because of Daddy 🤢

Not to mention Bill Gothard.  🤮

Add me to the rest that thinks she still needs a good 18 inches off that mess. 

• Love 17
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

She would probably feel better too !

23 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

Not to mention Bill Gothard.  🤮

Add me to the rest that thinks she still needs a good 18 inches off that mess. 

My ex stepfather preferred long hair on women.  I told him it wasn’t his hair and he didn’t have to deal with it and if he wasn’t going to pay for the maintenance he could shut it 

• LOL 7
  • Love 14

All I can say is that Jill looks way older than she is. A shorter cut and some layers would help make her look her age or even younger.

I find it sad that these girls feel they have to keep this look because of Daddy and the Gothard way(if this is the case). Looking at how GREAT Jinger looks in the Red Carpet picture and then there is Jill who thinks this trim feels so much better..

• Love 7
1 hour ago, sleepysuzy said:

I love long hair, and I think the picture showing Jill's from the back looks good. The trim and styling makes it look thick and healthy. I also like when she braids it or wears it in a low bun. I know the popular opinion is that she should hack it all off, but I'd just like to see her try more styles for long hair and take better care of her mane.

I think she would look good with a soft layered fringe. She could keep the length,  cover her large forehead and frame her face, and look like a different person. 

I have to admit it does look nice from the back, however I am not a fan off long hair. Its her hair in the end though & if thats what she likes then go for it, if shes doing it for Daddy or Gothard then yes I feel sick. 

• Love 8
(edited)

I think it was Jill's choice not to visit a salon.  She has been married for a few years, pierced her nose, wears shorts & tanks and posted that sex book mess.

Jill could go to a salon but for whatever reason, she didn't.  It's nice she went but I really don't think Derick was forbidding a professional hair cut. 

Gee, Jessa's skills are left in the dust. Jinger went blonde and now Jill got a real hair cut!  bye, jessa! 

Edited by Marigold
  • LOL 5
  • Love 7
19 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

I mean even Jessa has had bangs once in a while. 

Honestly, Jill appears kinda sloppy and laid back about appearance.  

Jessa seems to put a bit more effort in.  Like you said, she tried bangs.  Or maybe Jessa has better taste and Jill is just...messy?

• Love 4

I think Jessa has gotten even messier than Jill. All she seems to wear are those Old Navy swing dresses, two sizes too large. At least Jill has Poultry and Gizzards, as unflattering as she makes many of their offerings look.

• LOL 18
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I think Jessa has gotten even messier than Jill. All she seems to wear are those Old Navy swing dresses, two sizes too large. At least Jill has Poultry and Gizzards, as unflattering as she makes many of their offerings look.

Most definitely. Jill tries, she's just a hot mess. Jessa gave up a long time ago. 

• Love 12
14 hours ago, lulu69 said:

A bible tract. Or a bible.

1 minute ago, Sew Sumi said:

There aren't enough of those to combat the thought of a butt nekkid Derelict. 😱

This made me laugh until tears literally came to my eyes, but now I just feel vaguely nauseated. LOL

• LOL 10
22 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

There aren't enough of those to combat the thought of a butt nekkid Derelict. 😱

Would that be more or less nauseating than naked Smuggar? 

I'll just run in the opposite direction from both of them. The only Duggar or adjacent I could stomach is JereMe. And even in his case, I'd require a bag over his head and that he be gagged.

• LOL 8
7 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

A bible tract. Or a bible.

Somehow I see them as non tippers of any kind “ why should I give them more money for doing their job?”  You k is, since Jill has ever held s job and understand how things work 

• Love 4
15 hours ago, Marigold said:

I think it was Jill's choice not to visit a salon.  She has been married for a few years, pierced her nose, wears shorts & tanks and posted that sex book mess.

Jill could go to a salon but for whatever reason, she didn't.  It's nice she went but I really don't think Derick was forbidding...

Yes, as much of an ass as Derick is I don't see him stopping Jilly from visiting a salon.

I'm pointing to the 23 years previous to marriage where Jilly was constantly told daddy and god prefer long hair/a crown of glory and that someone can learn to cut hair after watching someone else for 10 minutes.

Boob and MEchelle have messed up their offspring in so many ways, big and small.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, lascuba said:

I don't think it's that big a deal that Jill never had a wash a trim at a salon before, considering she has no intention of getting a significant cut anyway. I remember this old episode of What not to Wear, where the person was a fundie-lite nanny who refused to cut her hair, and the stylist flat out told her that he wasn't going to even try styling it because there was no point with hair that long. Jill may have had some long layers put in now, but with hair that long it makes no difference. It looks good because it was blown out and curled at the ends, and she's blessed with thick hair, but as soon as she washes it and goes back to her regular routine, it's going to look just like it always does.

Gosh I remember that episode!  I don't think Jill thinks she needs to do anything with her hair - we do!

• Love 5
50 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Gosh I remember that episode!  I don't think Jill thinks she needs to do anything with her hair - we do!

I don't find it shocking that she'd never been to a salon before.  I was in my mid-twenties the first of maybe five times I've ever gone (and I'm old).  My hair is not very long, I'm just a totally do-it-yourself person - cut, color, etc.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, lascuba said:

I don't think it's that big a deal that Jill never had a wash a trim at a salon before, considering she has no intention of getting a significant cut anyway. I remember this old episode of What not to Wear, where the person was a fundie-lite nanny who refused to cut her hair, and the stylist flat out told her that he wasn't going to even try styling it because there was no point with hair that long. Jill may have had some long layers put in now, but with hair that long it makes no difference. It looks good because it was blown out and curled at the ends, and she's blessed with thick hair, but as soon as she washes it and goes back to her regular routine, it's going to look just like it always does.

Ok, I am gonna have to see this one!  I am watching old eps now.  Do you happen to recall the season?

Which wedding was it that they went to a salon for practice wedding hair?  Was it Jill or Jessa? You would think if ones hair is their crowning glory they would at least try to care for it.  But as long as it is long I guess it can be greasy and messy.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
24 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Ok, I am gonna have to see this one!  I am watching old eps now.  Do you happen to recall the season?

Which wedding was it that they went to a salon for practice wedding hair?  Was it Jill or Jessa? You would think if ones hair is their crowning glory they would at least try to care for it.  But as long as it is long I guess it can be greasy and messy.

Don't watch it, the nanny was awful, complained about anything and everything.  She didn't like anything they tried to do for her and wouldn't even let the hair stylist (I think it was Nick) trim her hair despite the fact that the ends were awful.  And she was nasty about it, to boot.  He kind of threw up his hands in disgust when she told him the only help she wanted was for him to show her different ways to style her waist length straggly hair.  He told her he had no advice for her, he couldn't make it look better without a trim.  She behaved during the entire show like she was doing them a favor, taking $5000 worth of new clothes off their hands and letting them put makeup on her.  Interestingly, she chose a lot of clothing that was completely useless for someone who worked as a nanny while turning down more practical options.  I remember she chose a gorgeous winter white dress coat despite the fact that there was supposedly no place in her life to wear it.  Theory was that she was planning to quit the nanny gig and move on to something else and wanted new clothes.

I would imagine Jill behaving similarly if she were ever offered a makeover.

ETA: link to IMDB on WNTW eppy with the nanny:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1303635/

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 10
8 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Don't watch it, the nanny was awful, complained about anything and everything.  She didn't like anything they tried to do for her and wouldn't even let the hair stylist (I think it was Nick) trim her hair despite the fact that the ends were awful.  And she was nasty about it, to boot.  He kind of threw up his hands in disgust when she told him the only help she wanted was for him to show her different ways to style her waist length straggly hair.  He told her he had no advice for her, he couldn't make it look better without a trim.  She behaved during the entire show like she was doing them a favor, taking $5000 worth of new clothes off their hands and letting them put makeup on her.  Interestingly, she chose a lot of clothing that was completely useless for someone who worked as a nanny while turning down more practical options.  I remember she chose a gorgeous winter white dress coat despite the fact that there was supposedly no place in her life to wear it.  Theory was that she was planning to quit the nanny gig and move on to something else and wanted new clothes.

I would imagine Jill behaving similarly if she were ever offered a makeover.

ETA: link to IMDB on WNTW eppy with the nanny:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1303635/

THANK YOU!!!!!  What a waste of the $5K. 

• Love 6
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Eh, she’s just regular. But it’s okay, because Derrick thinks she’s “gorgeous.”

🤮

I doubt Derrick has ever told her she's gorgeous. He often seems rather passive aggressive with her, so I don't get the impression he gives her many compliments. I think that's one reason she comes across as so desperate on social medial talking about him and how great he is. It's like she is putting all the effort into flattering him, and he doesn't respond in kind. 

I actually don't think Jill is unattractive at all. When she isn't making those goofy faces, I think she's pretty. I'd argue more naturally pretty than Jessa, who always seemed a bit plastic-looking to me. (FWIW, I think Joy is actually the most naturally pretty of the older Duggar girls.) Jill has very striking eyes. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 16
25 minutes ago, Zella said:

I doubt Derrick has ever told her she's gorgeous. He often seems rather passive aggressive with her, so I don't get the impression he gives her many compliments. I think that's one reason she comes across as so desperate on social medial talking about him and how great he is. It's like she is putting all the effort into flattering him, and he doesn't respond in kind. 

I actually don't think Jill is unattractive at all. When she isn't making those goofy faces, I think she's pretty. I'd argue more naturally pretty than Jessa, who always seemed a bit plastic-looking to me. (FWIW, I think Joy is actually the most naturally pretty of the older Duggar girls.) Jill has very striking eyes. 

Eye of the beholder and all that - I think Jessa is the best looking one and that Jill would be OK if not for the gummy smile which pushes her into the homely territory, to me.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, Suzn said:

Eye of the beholder and all that - I think Jessa is the best looking one and that Jill would be OK if not for the gummy smile which pushes her into the homely territory, to me.

Yeah it's definitely going to be different for everyone! 

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, Zella said:

FWIW, I think Joy is actually the most naturally pretty of the older Duggar girls.) Jill has very striking eyes. 

I always say this too.  Joy has a quiet, natural beauty that is timeless.  Jessa has a more striking attractiveness that is probably fleeting. Jill is more of an unconventional pretty, but pretty or at least attractive when styled properly (I know right), Jinger is cute but somewhat generic, and Jana is stereotypically pretty, albeit in a sort of bland way.

• Love 17
49 minutes ago, Zella said:

Agree. I’ve seen a couple pictures where Jill definitely looked better than Jessa.

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I always say this too.  Joy has a quiet, natural beauty that is timeless.  Jessa has a more striking attractiveness that is probably fleeting. Jill is more of an unconventional pretty, but pretty or at least attractive when styled properly (I know right), Jinger is cute but somewhat generic, and Jana is stereotypically pretty, albeit in a sort of bland way.

Yeah I would definitely agree with this summary of each of them. I never really thought Jinger was attractive, but she is definitely cute. 

As a general rule, though, I think the Duggar girls had better luck in the looks department than their brothers. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11