Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

Wow, maybe Jill's need to create unidentifiable beige/brown food is based on recreating Dillweeds Nepal experience.  Because that stuff in front of him looks like what he gets at home.  

*no insult intended towards the Nepalese and their food. 

• LOL 8
1 hour ago, Mojitogirl said:

As usual, she’s sitting right up next to Big D and poor Israel is alone on the other side of the booth. This chick is all sorts of messed up. 

Remember the old photo of Jim Bob and Mullet, hand in hand, strolling along and completely ignoring their 13 or 14 children, who were trailing along behind? Or the photos of the Duggars at the bible study/dining room table, with Mullet simpering next to Jim Bob at the head while the children fended for themselves? That's Jill's motherhood role model. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Mojitogirl said:

As usual, she’s sitting right up next to Big D and poor Israel is alone on the other side of the booth. This chick is all sorts of messed up. 

Dreck is also all sorts of messed up. Jill doesn't get to claim all the credit for dysfunction in this family. Poor Izzy and Sam.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Mojitogirl said:

Well, if she didn't sit next to him, Becky from the third row might slip in and steal that spot.

I watched the video. As they get out of the car, Jill asks Izzy if he knows what they are going to eat or something like that. All I can say is I hope Izzy was sleeping on the way there and just woke up, otherwise it looks like he might have gotten yelled at because he didn't say much and just looked sad.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Mojitogirl said:

It also looks like all of the food is in front of the parents and there's nothing for Israel, but that could also be different in other pictures.  I admit that I didn't scroll through all of the pictures.

• Love 2

Look like the talking asshole is the only one with any food.  It's all piled up in front of him, her plate & poor Izzy's are both empty.   Sam is asking for more, but again, there's no plate or any other food near him.  While good ol' #Besthubbyever is shoving food in his face from a heaping plate in front of him. 

• Love 5

Izzy has huge feet! Maybe he can be a cuter, healthier version of Dreck (everyone is).

What if they don’t sit next to each other - does Dreck miss a secret handjob or something? yuck. As I said before, I want to actually LOOK at my husband, and help the kids eat. Get the hose. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 6

So when is derelict going to learn he’s not the center of the universes?   It’s sad these 2 children were born to people who really don’t want them because it’s what they know 

• Love 5

It’s from last year:

Stuffed Zucchini

Mar 31, 2018 | Recipes | 7 

This recipe is one of my hubby’s favorites! Our neighbors gave us a bunch of big zucchini right after we got married and in trying different recipes, I adapted them into my own and this one became a fave! Sometimes I slice my zucchini longways and seed (but keep the seeds!), throw them in a Ziplock and keep ’em in the freezer till I’m ready to make this deliciousness. It makes for a super quick dinner option! I’d almost plant zucchini out back just so I could eat this stuff whenever I want! ha!

1 super extra large zucchini (or 2-3 small/regular zucchini)

1 pound ground turkey or beef

1 cup dry bread crumbs (or 1 cup crispy toasted bread, crumbled or blended to fine crumbles)

1 T. Italian seasoning

2 tsp. minced garlic

1 (24oz) can spaghetti sauce

1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese

1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese (cheddar or mexican will work too)

Preaheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook ground turkey in skillet (and drain afterwards if using beef). Trim ends off zucchini and cut in half lengthwise. Scrape out seeds and mix together in bowl with rest of ingredients except mozzarella cheese. Place zucchini in 9×13 pan. Stuff zucchini with mixture. (It’s ok if it spills over into the pan.) Sprinkle mozzarella on top. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake about 45 min.-1 hour, or until zucchini isn’t super crunchy, but isn’t completely soggy either. Enjoy!

Same picture.......

EF6A2E74-DCD8-4D3D-9BF4-AEDE2D476174.jpeg

2 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Okay so she’s scraping out the seeds but mixing them in with the filling goop?

That’s...odd.

I saw filling poop for a second 🤣🤣🤣.  And thought sounds about right.

The food looks like it’s been barfed up already.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, Heathen said:

That is pretty funny, as well as accurate. Unless Jill has a ton of cousins from Mullet's side. 

It might be close. Israel has, what, 11 cousins, including Derick's nephew? Michelle has five or six siblings. Jill has Amy, plus whatever children Michelle's siblings have. If they had an average of two each, Jill may actually have more cousins than Israel. Anybody know?

3 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Okay so she’s scraping out the seeds but mixing them in with the filling goop?

That’s...odd.

Not to me. All the recipes that I found use the inside of the zucchini in the stuffing

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

It might be close. Israel has, what, 11 cousins, including Derick's nephew? Michelle has five or six siblings. Jill has Amy, plus whatever children Michelle's siblings have. If they had an average of two each, Jill may actually have more cousins than Israel. Anybody know?

I assume we are just talking about 1st cousins. 

I think Israel has 12 1st cousins (I am not counting the ones in utero)- let me count

Derrick’s nephew- 1

Mkids- 5

jessa- 3

jinger- 1

joe- 1

joy-Anna- 1

yup that’s 12. 

Michelle’s sister who’s gay doesn’t have any kids, if the other 4 have two a piece that’s 8 cousins Jill would have from Michelle’s side, plus Amy which would make 9 so Israel is likely right. 

• Love 6
9 hours ago, ginger90 said:

It’s from last year:

Stuffed Zucchini

Mar 31, 2018 | Recipes | 7 

This recipe is one of my hubby’s favorites! Our neighbors gave us a bunch of big zucchini right after we got married and in trying different recipes, I adapted them into my own and this one became a fave! Sometimes I slice my zucchini longways and seed (but keep the seeds!), throw them in a Ziplock and keep ’em in the freezer till I’m ready to make this deliciousness. It makes for a super quick dinner option! I’d almost plant zucchini out back just so I could eat this stuff whenever I want! ha!

1 super extra large zucchini (or 2-3 small/regular zucchini)

1 pound ground turkey or beef

1 cup dry bread crumbs (or 1 cup crispy toasted bread, crumbled or blended to fine crumbles)

1 T. Italian seasoning

2 tsp. minced garlic

1 (24oz) can spaghetti sauce

1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese

1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese (cheddar or mexican will work too)

Preaheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook ground turkey in skillet (and drain afterwards if using beef). Trim ends off zucchini and cut in half lengthwise. Scrape out seeds and mix together in bowl with rest of ingredients except mozzarella cheese. Place zucchini in 9×13 pan. Stuff zucchini with mixture. (It’s ok if it spills over into the pan.) Sprinkle mozzarella on top. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake about 45 min.-1 hour, or until zucchini isn’t super crunchy, but isn’t completely soggy either. Enjoy!

Same picture.......

EF6A2E74-DCD8-4D3D-9BF4-AEDE2D476174.jpeg

Okay, so this is gross -- no big surprise.

The thing that jumped out to me was the 24 oz CAN of spaghetti sauce.

First of all, I see no sign of any tomato based anything in that poo-pile.

Second, I've never had canned spaghetti sauce -- canned tomato sauce, yes; canned spaghetti, yes; but I've never even seen canned spaghetti sauce. Jill is so entrenched in the Gothard/survivalist/food pantry style of cooking of her youth that it never seems to occur to her to eat anything that's not out of a can.

• Love 2

That picture doesn’t match the messipe. Where’s all that “spaghetti sauce”? Especially considering how much water that zucchini must exude under foil for so long, there should be a big watery pool of red juice.

• Love 13
5 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

That picture doesn’t match the messipe. Where’s all that “spaghetti sauce”? Especially considering how much water that zucchini must exude under foil for so long, there should be a big watery pool of red juice.

Plus she says sometimes she freezes the zucchini first, so they would simply disintegrate in the extra-long cooking time. Blerg.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

If asked about this, Jill will explain that she used the low sodium spaghetti sauce . . . 🤣

• LOL 14
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, cmr2014 said:

Okay, so this is gross -- no big surprise.

The thing that jumped out to me was the 24 oz CAN of spaghetti sauce.

First of all, I see no sign of any tomato based anything in that poo-pile.

Second, I've never had canned spaghetti sauce -- canned tomato sauce, yes; canned spaghetti, yes; but I've never even seen canned spaghetti sauce. Jill is so entrenched in the Gothard/survivalist/food pantry style of cooking of her youth that it never seems to occur to her to eat anything that's not out of a can.

Hunt's 24 oz cans of Pasta Sauce are on sale at my store this week for 79 cents a can.  Creamette pasta is an incredible 49 cents a lb box.

I use this type of canned sauce for large casseroles, though I have to add some liquid because most recipes call for 26 oz.  Many of my meatless pasta recipes use zucchini.  I make dinner nearly every night and need multiserving recipes for leftovers and lunches and a break from cooking something new every night. Frugal shoppers do take advantage of sales and seasonal veggies.

Though what I just said has little to do with her horrific mess.  She just is so OFF.  That sad woman needs guidance. She also needs to just stop already with the recipes.

Edited by fonfereksglen
  • Love 20

Lest we forget this comment:

I’d almost plant zucchini out back just so I could eat this stuff whenever I want! ha!

Jill, you have a big empty backyard now.  Go ahead and plant some zucchini.  Ask Jana for help if need be.  Go ahead, I dare you. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 16
11 minutes ago, Quilt Fairy said:

Lest we forget this comment:

Jill, you have a big empty backyard now.  Go ahead and plant some zucchini.  Ask Jana for help if need be.  Go ahead, I dare you. 

My gosh, if she's too lazy to plant zucchini, there really is no hope for her.  There is virtually nothing easier to grow than that.  I am no kind of gardener, but, the couple times I planted it, I had zucchini to last for years,

• LOL 5
  • Love 10
20 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

My gosh, if she's too lazy to plant zucchini, there really is no hope for her.  There is virtually nothing easier to grow than that.  I am no kind of gardener, but, the couple times I planted it, I had zucchini to last for years,

I deliberately DON’T plant it because I don’t want zucchini for years. Seriously, Jill. Buy a seedling, a pot and one bag of dirt. Done.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7

I don’t understand how you could cook a zucchini for an hour!

and no 24oz of tomato sauce to be found in that photo!

ha, what a funny thought, Jill!  Planting zucchini in your back yard!  🙄

• Love 6