Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

On 7/6/2019 at 4:27 PM, lookeyloo said:

Nobody brings me coffee to bed.  That is because I got a one cup maker and leave it on my nightstand and in the a.m. I push the button and make my own damn coffee!!!  Mr lookeyloo sleeps through it all.  

What a brilliant idea!! 

• Love 4
(edited)
43 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jill's got a house tour video up on YouTube. I tried, but failed to link it from my phone. 😕

@ginger90, are you around?

I can’t copy it from YouTube for some reason. Perhaps someone else can. I can if she puts it on their blog.

What a frustrating video to watch!

For the record, it is a 4 bedroom and the boys appear to have the smallest bedroom. Master, office, so “Derick doesn’t have to go to school to study”, (equipped with a child lock), boy’s room , and a guest room.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 4
Just now, ginger90 said:

I can’t copy it from YouTube for some reason. Perhaps someone else can. I can if she puts it on their blog.

What a frustrating video to watch!

For the record, it is a 4 bedroom and the boys appear to have the smallest bedroom. Master, office, so “Derick doesn’t have to go to school to study”, equipped with a child lock), boy’s room , and a guest room.

Yup, Jill says, "The smallest room with the biggest closet".

4 bedrooms, the Dillard blessings have the smallest room. How telling.

• Love 15
5 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

“Derick doesn’t have to go to school to study”, equipped with a child lock)

"So Derick can Jack It in peace."

3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

4 bedrooms, the Dillard blessings have the smallest room. How telling.

She's just recreating her childhood.

• LOL 6
  • Love 9

Jill could have at least thrown a cover over Izzy's dirty sheets.

The backyard is huge and I could hear a neighbor's music playing.  I hope the boys get to play with the local kids.

• Love 3

That video broke my heart.  Jill has the emotional, intellectual, mental, and psychosocial maturity of a 10-year-old, if that.  It’s already been mentioned, but how sad that the boys have to share the smallest, darkest room in the house.  The bed that Israel sleeps in is comparable to the ones that prison inmates use.  Speaking of Israel, Samuel seems more mature than Izzy, and Izzy seems starved for attention.  Having said that, he’s one of those kids who would get on my last nerve.  I think he may be somewhat developmentally delayed, just because he seems SO immature.  I know he’s just a kid but... I may be completely off-base, but I’ve just always had the feeling that there is something not quite right with him.  I think Head Start or Preschool would do him a world of good, but we all know that will never happen. 

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, irisheyes said:

2:29 mark - Sam tries to make his escape, but is held back by Yay.  Obviously, Yay suffers from Stockholm Syndrome.

In Derick’s office, he has his pretty $12K certificate from Cross Church and then a smaller certificate below. I tried to blow up the video to see what it was, but I couldn’t. Any ideas?  Didn’t see any college diplomas for Jill (since she has more credits than most of us. 😂

Best shot I could get:

8FDF9AF2-1990-41C4-8D4E-9BF60D20670B.jpeg

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
15 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Best shot I could get:

8FDF9AF2-1990-41C4-8D4E-9BF60D20670B.jpeg

It looks like the header is 'Certificate of License', the next big line is Derick's name, then 'Gospel Ministry', I think.

I think it is similar to this certificate, you can buy a blank online for under 12 bucks.  So, Derick has a 'license' to preach the Gospel.  Definitely an important credential requiring years of study and examination (or 12 bucks).

51YzgsTlPAL._SX300_.jpg

Edited by doodlebug
  • LOL 14
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, latetotheparty said:

No. Color. Anywhere. So depressing. And the boys have no place to play in their room. 

And, if Derick really had to have the largest spare bedroom for his study, why couldn't the boys have a playroom in the other bedroom?  Why should they have a dedicated guest room while their kids have no decent place to play indoors?  How often do they have guests anyway?

• Love 6
30 minutes ago, irisheyes said:

2:29 mark - Sam tries to make his escape, but is held back by Yay.  Obviously, Yay suffers from Stockholm Syndrome.

In Derick’s office, he has his pretty $12K certificate from Cross Church and then a smaller certificate below. I tried to blow up the video to see what it was, but I couldn’t. Any ideas?  Didn’t see any college diplomas for Jill (since she has more credits than most of us. 😂

I didn't watch it a second time, but the first time around I felt Jill was going to zoom in on the diplomas and thought better of it. Maybe she's starting to respond to some of the SM constructive criticism.

• Love 2

The décor in that place has all the charm and warmth of a maximum security prison.  Every stick of furniture, every floor, every wall, even the sheets on the beds are either grey or beige or greige.  It is also teeny tiny for a 4 bedroom home and looks to be cheap construction.  The walls are probably paper thin.

Anyone else notice that at the beginning of the video, when Jill is standing outside at the door, she is facing the sun and squinting?  At least she's consistent.

• LOL 16
  • Love 7

How is it possible for a brand-new house to look so depressing? I've seen prison cells on Lockup Raw that are more inviting.

24 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Izzy seems starved for attention.  

I agree. Jill seems to take a very Draconian approach towards prioritizing marriage before kids. I don't know if you get the same vibe, but I feel like Jill and Derrick almost subconsciously punish Izzy in many ways. They go to movies he'd probably love under the guise of "date night," stick him in a dungeon of a bedroom when a better option is available, enjoy pizza in the front seat of the car while he sits in back empty-handed. It's like they make a huge show of keeping him as the odd man out. I think that's why he comes across so needy and insecure.

• Love 15

The thing that got me was she said that she decided not to wait until the place was "decorated." She forgot to say that she wasn't going to wait until it was "clean."

I'm sure that's a clean as her house ever gets, but it looks slovenly -- not dirty at least -- but unkept. Part of the issue is that as everyone else has noted, there's no play space for the boys so they use the living room as the main play space.

It's just what she knows. The kids are jammed into a tiny room like lincoln logs, the living room is crammed with toys and junk, and there is a much larger, completely empty bedroom that she literally doesn't know what to do with.

If she thinks Derick is going to stop racing off to the library every chance he gets because he has a "study" now, she's sadly mistaken . . .

• LOL 4
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, BitterApple said:

How is it possible for a brand-new house to look so depressing? I've seen prison cells on Lockup Raw that are more inviting.

I agree. Jill seems to take a very Draconian approach towards prioritizing marriage before kids. I don't know if you get the same vibe, but I feel like Jill and Derrick almost subconsciously punish Izzy in many ways. They go to movies he'd probably love under the guise of "date night," stick him in a dungeon of a bedroom when a better option is available, enjoy pizza in the front seat of the car while he sits in back empty-handed. It's like they make a huge show of keeping him as the odd man out. I think that's why he comes across so needy and insecure.

Well Jill is probably available for midnight talks if Izzy wants. 🛏️🗨️👩‍👦😞

• LOL 5
2 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

The thing that got me was she said that she decided not to wait until the place was "decorated." She forgot to say that she wasn't going to wait until it was "clean."

I'm sure that's a clean as her house ever gets, but it looks slovenly -- not dirty at least -- but unkept. Part of the issue is that as everyone else has noted, there's no play space for the boys so they use the living room as the main play space.

It's just what she knows. The kids are jammed into a tiny room like lincoln logs, the living room is crammed with toys and junk, and there is a much larger, completely empty bedroom that she literally doesn't know what to do with.

If she thinks Derick is going to stop racing off to the library every chance he gets because he has a "study" now, she's sadly mistaken . . .

Becky from the third row can probably open the child proof doorknob.

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
32 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

And, if Derick really had to have the largest spare bedroom for his study, why couldn't the boys have a playroom in the other bedroom?  Why should they have a dedicated guest room while their kids have no decent place to play indoors?  How often do they have guests anyway?

And the guest bed is a freaking BLOW UP MATTRESS. No reason that needs to be up all the time. 

I feel so sorry for those boys. No place to play. Nothing in that house to stimulate their little brains. They deserve so much better. 

• Love 13
11 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Terrific insight.  Sounds like my parents.  Damaged my brother more than me.  My brother at 64, still sleeps in a recreation of the closet we both slept in.  At least I and S will have a shared experience.  

Jill has way too many hampers of clothes in that house.   I lost count somewhere around minute 3, but there was at minimum one hamper per room.  One closet had 3.   Don’t have it in me to watch again just for the final count. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Wow, if that's what you get for the money they paid for that BRAND NEW house, what a rip! So completely depressing. I can't believe how small that living room is or the entire house really.  There just isn't any room to play and the bedrooms are so small. I know there aren't basments in homes there(or at least I don't think there are), but they could use a full finished one for the boys to play. I guess that's what that huge backyard is for.

Even the garage is filled with crap,  so they must park on the driveway. There is hardly anymore room in that house for more kids. Hopefully they are done I don't think Jill could handle another either. 

I feel so sorry for Izzy and always have. I really believe both Jill and Derick regret him for some reason. Maybe they didn't think she would get pregnant 2 seconds after they were married. Maybe they thought it would take her a couple tries, I don't know. I just wish I could pack up those two cuties and show them what a great life they could truly have.

• Love 12
59 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I can't watch it again to cite where but there was at least one moment in the video where she said something like, "and there's Israel" in a very annoyed tone of voice. They are mistreating those poor kids. I was surprised to hear her tell Israel to let Sam out of whatever Israel was trying to put him into because "he doesn't want it." I wondered if Jill was similarly empowered growing up or if, as a girl, she was taught to obey her brother the molester.

1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

The décor in that place has all the charm and warmth of a maximum security prison.  Every stick of furniture, every floor, every wall, even the sheets on the beds are either grey or beige or greige.  It is also teeny tiny for a 4 bedroom home and looks to be cheap construction.  The walls are probably paper thin.

Anyone else notice that at the beginning of the video, when Jill is standing outside at the door, she is facing the sun and squinting?  At least she's consistent.

For sure. Those finishes are CHEAP.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, KeyLime said:

I just checked birthdates on Wikipedia...and, yes, Sam is the first Duggar grandchild to hit his second birthday without a sibling on the way.  I guess it’s possible that Jill is pregnant and hasn’t announced it yet.  But even then, all the other Duggar grandchildren have had a new sibling announcement before their second birthday.

All the Duggar kids, except Josie, had a younger sibling by their second birthday...

Looks like Jill has accomplished something after all!

• LOL 7

What a depressing thing to watch.  That house looks just all kinds of cheap.  I've seen manufactured homes or double-wide trailer homes that look so much better, and probably cost less.  

Jill and Dillrod shouldn't have pets, let alone children.  I hope they don't ever breed another.

• Love 10

Jill's house is an awkward layout (though I'm predisposed to not like ranch houses and often think they're not laid out well), but I think it could have been a nice starter house if they had prioritized different things. Like not having a guest room and instead have each boy their own room. And kept the clutter to a minimum, or at least unpacked and organized before giving a tour. Of course, it's only a decent starter home if they keep their family size at 4.

I don't hate the color, or the finishes even if they are on the low end. But I like cool tones, so the grey and white are right in my wheelhouse. Jill could dress it up with personality in finishes, or paint the non-public spaces a different color. (Which is what I did; my living space and kitchen are grey (well, more of a blue grey than I wanted, but grey) and myself bedroom is blue and my bathroom is green.)

• Love 10

I have to agree with the consensus here.  Jill's house is boring and cramped.  Her video is so poorly presented.  She should have redone it until she got it right.  Things I was shocked/saddened by:

• When she opened the laundry room door - I would never videotape a mess like that, much less put it on youtube!
  • When Israel wanted to ride on her feet too.  He's so needy, it breaks my heart!  
  • Israel's ridiculously small bed in the boys' ridiculously small room.  
  • Derdick's "office" - bet he's always in there, whenever he's home.
  • The lack of toys and play area for those poor, bored children.  

If it were me, I'd prefer three bedrooms that are larger in size and a dining room.  A basement would be a godsend.  I'd put in a non-privacy (friendly enough to chat over with the neighbors) fence and get a dog and a swingset.  And plant a garden  And let the boys play with some neighborhood kids

• Love 17
7 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

Okay, that house tour?  Messy, tacky and uninspiring. It gives a “low rent” vibe. 

Jill appears to have NO organizational skills and no decorating sense. 

Jill is no longer the Apple of Boobs eye so he didn’t give her temporary custody of Jana like he did last time. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

Their house is a typical new build. Neutral finishes and paint. And it's also typical to have the master the biggest, and then the other bedrooms are small. 

There's no reason for derelict to have the biggest room for his office. Stick him in the small one, and give each boy their own room. 

Izzy is too big to be sleeping in a toddler bed. And Sam is too big to be sleeping in a crib. Izzy should have a regular twin bed and Sam should be in the toddler bed. If they want to be in the same room, then 2 twin beds need to be bought. And the "guest room" needs to be a playroom. They could put that book rack in the playroom and arrange the furniture better. And no TV? Seriously? The kids can't watch Peppa Pig or Paw Patrol?   My kids don't watch a lot of TV, but they do like those shows. Or I pop on a DVD on a rainy day.  Mostly it's background noise. But Mr Quinn and I enjoy TV ourselves. 

What's with the dead flowers on top of the kitchen cabinets? 🤔  Jilly definitely needs some decorating help. 

• Love 24
2 hours ago, doodlebug said:

It looks like the header is 'Certificate of License', the next big line is Derick's name, then 'Gospel Ministry', I think.

I think it is similar to this certificate, you can buy a blank online for under 12 bucks.  So, Derick has a 'license' to preach the Gospel.  Definitely an important credential requiring years of study and examination (or 12 bucks).

51YzgsTlPAL._SX300_.jpg

I think that is right. Remember Jill was up on stage with Derick during the Cross Church graduation?  She was up there with the other wives of six or eight students that earned the ministry license in addition to finishing the regular program. 

I guess Derick threw in $12 more for the certificate...although Cross Church probably marked it up 1000%.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Madtown said:

I feel so sorry for Izzy and always have. I really believe both Jill and Derick regret him for some reason. Maybe they didn't think she would get pregnant 2 seconds after they were married. Maybe they thought it would take her a couple tries, I don't know. I just wish I could pack up those two cuties and show them what a great life they could truly have.

I will drive the getaway car. 

• Love 11
(edited)
32 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

And no TV? Seriously? The kids can't watch Peppa Pig or Paw Patrol?   My kids don't watch a lot of TV, but they do like those shows. Or I pop on a DVD on a rainy day.  Mostly it's background noise. But Mr Quinn and I enjoy TV ourselves. 

on the bright side, with no friends they don't know what those things are most likely. 

We don't do screen time for my daughter as she is only one but I would probably allow some TV on occaision when she is Izzy's age.  The American Academy of Pediactrics say no screen time AT ALL for kids under 2, but I am sure Jill and Derrick just don't have a TV because Jesus.

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 5

I will say that I like Derelict's office better than Jeremy's. That is the one room that is actually fairly decently decorated as he is not overdoing it like Rev PP. But I agree that he can handle a smaller room.

I also agree that Derelict likely lives in that office when he is at home - no or minimal engaging with Jilly or the kids.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, allonsyalice said:

no! The instagram user's handle is immatureizzy (in this case its a nickname for Isabel) Derick's replying to the person. Nothing in relation to Israel here!

Thank you.  I feel much better.

1 minute ago, Jeeves said:

IIRC Jill said when showing the guest room that Izzy takes naps in there. The air bed had some messy bedding on it that looked kid sized to me.

I’m thinking that Jill uses the air mattress as an incentive for Izzy to take a nap.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

See, that makes NO sense to me either. If you can't afford a real bed in the guest room (but can afford a 12K cross church program?), no shame in that, but you don't need a guest room without a real guest bed. Side note...she must really be on the outs with JB, because obviously he didn't furnish her house from his warehouse of furniture!

But anyway, without a guest bed, there is no need for a guest room. There's absolutely nothing wrong with offering an air mattress to guests, especially at their age, but put it in the closet and use the room for something else! It would be a marvelous playroom, and then when guests come over, I'm sure they wouldn't mind taking an air mattress in the playroom. That's exactly what I did many, many times at host families' houses on choir tour!

Why they would have a guest room makes NO sense. In fact, the situation that would make the most sense would be if Derick and Jill both entered the marriage with a bed, but the kids weren't big enough for one of them yet, so they created a guest room to house it temporarily. But we know that didn't happen, as Derick came directly from Mommy's house, and Jill from the TTH!

Anyone else think Jill and Derick sleep apart more than we know, and that's what the air mattress is for?

I don’t think so.  Jill is so insecure that I think she would fall apart completely if Durwood even suggested separate beds.  JMO, of course.  

• Love 5