Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

21 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Holy. Fucking. Shit. 

I've had popcorn and wine stockpiled for months in anticipation of this.

No bail means something major. Like the rest of you, I'm praying it's shady finances and not child-related.

I will bring cheesecake and ribs  see you soon lol 

• LOL 15
7 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

On a human level I feel bad for every Duggar right now. Except for Josh.

And yes, beat me up but I actually feel sorry for JB & M. It would kill me if my kid got arrested and held in jail.

I just hope whatever he did only involved adults.

I imagine the Duggars are in a prayer circle right about now. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 12
4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

His booking time was 1:15. I hope his children weren't around when his was arrested, cuffed and put in a squad car.

Might be the one and only time it's good they live in a warehouse with no windows. Hopefully though, they weren't outside at the time.

Also, Yahoo has picked it up. Was the first thing on my FB news feed just now.

Edited by Madtown
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

His booking time was 1:15. I hope his children weren't around when his was arrested, cuffed and put in a squad car.

Me too but I guess it depends where the arrest took place. Was it at his mysterious “diligent” job or at the warehouse house?  The kids don’t go to school.  Hopefully they were across the driveway at the big house. LOL...the Duggar’s big house, not the jail big house. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I imagine the Duggars are in a prayer circle right about now. 

I’m thinking they are with lawyers and the kids are being told what to say if the police going to interview them

Jim is going to have to pay a lot of $$$ for lawyers

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Oh to be a fly in TTH and listen to what Michelle and Jim Bob and lawyers are talking about!!! Juicy juicy juicy!!!

I had the thought when I first heard that I’d love to be on the family zoom call about this!

Edited by Tdoc72
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, Madtown said:

Might be the one and only time it's good they live in a warehouse with no windows. Hopefully though, they weren't outside at the time.

Also, Yahoo has picked it up. Was the first thing on my FB news feed just now.

So has People! They picked it up also!

• Love 2

I always got the impression that something was really off with Josh. Well JB too but we will see exactly what was off this time. 

Er- well more things off than just his abuse of the girls in the house.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, iwantcookies said:

I’m thinking they are with lawyers and the kids are being told what to say if the police going to interview them

Jim is going to have to pay a lot of $$$ for lawyers

Wonder if they’re going to trot out Jessa again (no Jill this time) with her crib notes to tell us it was no big deal, just a little curiosity about _____ (insert crime here). 

• Love 16
1 minute ago, Zella said:

He looks drunk to me, to be honest. I've actually wondered if he's an alcoholic for a while now. 

He could be. He does have the puffiness and glow that many struggling with alcohol have.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
Just now, xtwheeler said:

Looking at the arrest report, it looks like AR just picked him up and is holding him for the feds (there's a section "hold for other agency" - - Fed). So unless there are independent state charges, the next we hear will probably be that he has been transferred to a fed facility, and will then be arraigned on his fed charges. 

Overall, I agree with you, but Arkansas law enforcement did not pick him up. The arresting agency is listed as the US Marshals. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 2

Oh, I wish I could use our PACER account to see this! But we are not supposed to for non work stuff.

I do civil, not criminal stuff.  so grain of salt, everyone.

2 thoughts.

* don't read too much into the no bail. he hasn't yet appeared before the federal (magistrate) judge. That's when it will be set.

* I haven't seen any references to a sealed indictment that could possibly be about him, but maybe there is one?

I can't tell if he was arrested or given an opportunity to turn himself in.  anyone know what happened?

• Useful 8
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, lafcolleen said:

I can't tell if he was arrested or given an opportunity to turn himself in.  anyone know what happened?

Would that explain why the US Marshals brought him in? I know they arrest federal fugitives, but Josh doesn't strike me as a fugitive since he wasn't on the run. But if he had the opportunity to turn himself in and didn't, is the Marshals who would be sent for him? 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Zella said:

Overall, I agree with you, but Arkansas law enforcement did not pick him up. The arresting agency is listed as the US Marshals. 

You're absolutely right, I just skimmed the article before RACING over here LOL. Thanks for the correction! 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, xtwheeler said:

HUH. The other interesting thing is that this may affect Derrick's bar admission. Having a bunch of charged criminals for family can tie that up for a loooong time, esp since they were financially entangled. 

I didn't know that. As you say, interesting!

So the timing of this may impact:

1. Jeremy and Jinger's book (I initially thought it would be a complete negative - as I said on their thread - since this completely overshadows their book launch/promo, but on second thought, realized that it might end up being a net positive, if this leads to additional sales from people who are now curious again about the Duggars because this is making national news, or from people who feel sorry for Jinger) AND

2. Derick's admission to the bar?

Like, if Josh was trying to make himself less popular in his family, I'm not sure he could have succeeded any better. 

• Love 17
5 minutes ago, lafcolleen said:

Oh, I wish I could use our PACER account to see this! But we are not supposed to for non work stuff.

I do civil, not criminal stuff.  so grain of salt, everyone.

2 thoughts.

* don't read too much into the no bail. he hasn't yet appeared before the federal (magistrate) judge. That's when it will be set.

* I haven't seen any references to a sealed indictment that could possibly be about him, but maybe there is one?

Damn! I haven't used my pacer account in ages. I would NEVER be able to remember the log in. My ex, however... 

• Useful 1
2 minutes ago, xtwheeler said:

I'm just throwing this out there. My former hs history teacher got caught up in an ICE raid, and they happened to stumble upon a CP ring, of which he was apparently a passive member. Federal jail in Texas for Mr. H. 

So regarding the agency that was investigating, they may have discovered something other than DHS relevant stuff, and handed it off to another agency. 

OH MY GOD, MAYBE JILL & DERRICK TURNED HIM IN! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE 

Yeah, when they have a year or more to dig through somebody's electronics, they can find a lot of stuff....and stuff that involves multiple people....And then it's not always clear what it means to be the guy arrested first. 

A very large number of possibilities here. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Chicklet said:

Did anyone else's screen just go haywire on Primetimer? Everything is very wonky, on every browser.

Mine did too. I was using dark theme, but I switched to ISP, and it looks more normal now. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Churchhoney said:

Yeah, when they have a year or more to dig through somebody's electronics, they can find a lot of stuff....and stuff that involves multiple people....And then it's not always clear what it means to be the guy arrested first. 

A very large number of possibilities here. 

I always think of the guy arrested first as either the kingpin or the one most likely to squeal. And if there are others involved, I think we all know which Josh would be LOL

• LOL 22
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, xtwheeler said:

I always think of the guy arrested first as either the kingpin or the one most likely to squeal. And if there are others involved, I think we all know which Josh would be LOL

Josh will squeal !!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

Do you have the link so I can sign up 

https://www.so.washington.ar.us/res/Detainee.aspx?bn=4235381

It says to sign up to click the Vine Link at the bottom of the page. You can also schedule a visitation 😁

Josh is trending on twitter. His family must be so proud. I read somewhere else that JB & M are at Big Sandy today, so they apparently aren't even home. 

Edited by christine falls
  • Useful 7
  • Love 12

I just keep thinking on of poor Jana - will her shadow dude run????  LOL.  Actually I do feel for Jill - hopefully she has her therapist on speed dial.  I don't care what the charges are as long as they stick and keep him in a long time

• Love 20

The Ashley's Reality Roundup is on the case too. Here's a tidbit from her that had me in stitches: 

UPDATE! According to a source for The Sun, the Duggar Family has known that Josh’s arrest was inevitable. 

“The family has known that this has been coming for weeks, and Josh has been preparing himself,” the source told The Sun. “[The Duggars] are praying together for Josh and Anna, who is standing by her husband as she always has. Family members are extremely concerned by what is happening and they just want to find out the truth.”

The source stated that the Duggars will soon be commenting on Josh’s arrest.

“They know that this will put them in the spotlight for all the wrong reasons, and are stunned they are having to go through this again. The family will be speaking out shortly and hope this in many ways will bring them closer together and even closer to God.”

As my more pious friends would say, "God is good. All the time. God is good."

If Josh gets significant time, Anna's womb will get a break. 

Edited by Clawdel
  • Useful 6
  • Love 6

If it's a financial crime, it's hard to believe JB is not involved since he controls everything. But at the same time, I could see Josh trying to find a way to get his own money by doing something shady.

Edited by Future Cat Lady
  • Useful 3
  • Love 15

Lulz, I just got a Fox News alert about the arrest on my phone. I wonder if they're still going ahead with Jinger's interview? I can't imagine they can talk about the book while ignoring the elephant in the room. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 15