Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, mittsigirl said:

So who is Jer and what book is he writing? Or which thread is it under

It's under the Duggalos thread. Jer (or jerm) is Jeremy Vuolo, Jinger's horrible husband.  They are about to launch a book they "wrote"

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, mittsigirl said:

Sorry, watch so much darn reality tv that I stopped reading about Duggar's when their show was canceled! So who is Jer and what book is he writing? Or which thread is it under? Thanks!

Jeremy Vuolo who is married to Jinger. They just "wrote" a book that is releasing in a few days. It is under "The Duggaloos..." thread.

Jinx! @BigBingerBro.

Edited by jcbrown
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

I don't understand why anyone would feel sorry for Anna. 

i don't feel sorry for her because she does have a choice.

I can feel sad for her because she was raised to believe she doesn't. She is all in on the kool aid

• Love 23
2 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

I also think how the family reacts will be a part of the decision as well. If the charges are particularly troubling, I think that will be the end of the show. 

I wonder if a cancelled show will ultimately be good for the original 19 kids and all the grandkids or not.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, LexieLily said:

I wonder if a cancelled show will ultimately be good for the original 19 kids and all the grandkids or not.

The youngest unmarried, and newlyweds, are screwed.

Jill will be OK. Jessa will be working being a Walgreens beauty counter this time next year. As for the rest? The cartels South American churches always need pilots missionaries.

(Unrelated, but for Christmas can we get confirmation of the 'Derick killed is gay lover in El Salvador Rumor? I've been a good girl. I haven't even slutted it up since Covid!)

• LOL 13
40 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

And use birth control!

Didn't you hear that the Correct Jesus burns you in hell forever and ever and ever and ever and ever if you do that? Because you're depriving him of soldiers for his conquering army that'll crush all the heathens into mush? 

That's the kind of god want to worship. What a guy. Creates the world and then takes out after most of the people in it with slashing swords.

And a lot of the Duggar crew, like Anna, do their best to form themselves in the condescending, nasty image of this character. 

They really are such a misguided, nutso mess. All of them. And when I think of them constantly egging each other on to more and more dysfunctional crap with every conversation......Ugh. 

The poor children of every generation of these loons. Who then grow up and warp another generation. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 20
15 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Holy shit. 

Now I understand why they rushed Justin and Jed's weddings. Marry them off before shit really goes down.

I do feel bad for Anna. She was taught that as long as she was joyfully available to her husband that God would provide. Six kids later with one more on the way, hubby is a ne'er do well who might be doing serious time. 

I blame Anna's parents for failing so spectacularly to prepare Anna for the possibility that you can be as joyfully available to your husband as possible and yet your husband is still a turd. And in this case, a criminal turd.

She has several siblings whose lives have demonstrated otherwise.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, Tigregirl said:

Well this will hopefully end all the Duggars’ hopes of winning any kind of political election.

You're right--there is a bright side. Josh and Boob were the two I would most like to see in orange jumpsuits (both would be okay, too). I do feel sorry for Anna and her brainwashing and the progeny (and their brainwashing).

• Love 8

It will be interesting to see what the charges are, and how the family spins it for damage control. I feel bad for Anna's kids. They didn't ask for the lowlife father they got. 

Edited by Crochetlady
Word correction.
  • Love 17
Just now, Crochetlady said:

It will be interesting to see what the charges are, and how the family spins it for damage control. I feel bad the Anna's kids. They didn't ask for the lowlife father they got. 

No they didn’t. I feel sorry for the kids and for these young girls who have married into this shit show. But I don’t feel bad for Anna. If her parents were worth two shits they would be on their way to try and grab Anna and the kids. 

• Love 16

Would John have had to be involved in this arrest since he is a constable? 

Or at least have been informed?  

I think  Derick’s admittance to the bar ( if he passes the exam) will be ok.  There’s all sorts of documentation about his and Jill’s split from the rest of the family and his disagreement with J.B. 

Michelle will need to be medicated even more after this. 

• Love 12
Just now, hathorlive said:

I work for federal law enforcement (I'm a civilian forensic person, not sworn).  We use the Marshalls because we don't have a formal jail that is manned 24-7 to hold inmates who are waiting for their arraignment.  So many times, the Marshalls are providing transport to a jail.  In my experience, most people are not given the chance to turn themselves in.  That can get messy.  So they usually get the Marshall's ready and then pounce on the person, so they catch him off guard.  It differs depending on how many guns the person owns and if they think he's a risk to everyone around them.  

I can't see this affecting Derrick's law career.  Everyone has a relative they wish would hide in a basement for eternity.  You can't convict Derrick because his bro in law is a piece of shit.  That goes against everything our legal system holds dear.  Especially since it's easy to prove that Derrick has had no Duggar contact in years. That kind of makes him look even better.

Thank you--that makes sense and is super helpful! 

• Love 11

I just watched KNWA's 10'o'clock news broadcast to see what they had to say about Josh. Took about 4 minutes before he popped up. They called him "19 Kids and Counting reality star Josh Duggar," mentioned he'd been arrested, and said more news would be available as more information is released. The anchor has posted more on his own Twitter account, namely that the DA says more information will be released tomorrow when Josh has his court appearance. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

Please, God, don't let him have carried his nefarious habits to his kids.

Indeed. How can she not be worried for her children's safety? I'd like to think that this will be the last straw for her, but sadly, it probably won't be.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Zella said:

I just watched KNWA's 10'o'clock news broadcast to see what they had to say about Josh. Took about 4 minutes before he popped up. They called him "19 Kids and Counting reality star Josh Duggar," mentioned he'd been arrested, and said more news would be available as more information is released. The anchor has posted more on his own Twitter account, namely that the DA says more information will be released tomorrow when Josh has his court appearance. 

Well, he was never on Counting On, so they accurately identified him. 😁

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Well, he was never on Counting On, so they accurately identified him. 😁

There was a part of me that wondered if someone who follows the Duggars worked on the story and knew the convoluted history of Duggar reality TV programming or if they just don't even know Counting On exists. LOLOL

• Love 7
Just now, Zella said:

There was a part of me that wondered if someone who follows the Duggars worked on the story and knew the convoluted history of Duggar reality TV programming or if they just don't even know Counting On exists. LOLOL

Yeah, that occurred to me as well. Maybe they just got lucky!

• Love 3

Depending on the information we learn in the next few days, could we perhaps consider changing the title of this thread? I just feel like, this has gone beyond unfortunate events, and into CRIMES.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Zella said:

And there goes any hope of me actually working tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, Gweilo said:

Depending on the information we learn in the next few days, could we perhaps consider changing the title of this thread? I just feel like, this has gone beyond unfortunate events, and into CRIMES.

Crimes, felonies, and Mister Meaner?

• LOL 10
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, cereality said:

Any idea what time the initial appearance is tomorrow? That’s when we’ll see a criminal complaint and more importantly the supporting affidavit which sets out what he did.

It's being reported as 11 am, Central Time. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

And use birth control!

Literally in her wedding vows not to use birth control.

Derek and Jill Dillard tell ET exclusively, "We just learned this information. It is very sad."

I love it.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

That's a very terse statement from the Dillards. I do feel for Jill. After doing so much work to separate herself from her molester brother, she's once again drawn into the media circus.

I missed this. What did the Dillards say? I just checked Jill's Instagram, but her last post is prearrest. Is it in a comments section somewhere?

Nevermind--I just saw what was being quoted--sorry!

Edited by Zella
6 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

This is going to overshadow Jing and Jer’s stupid book. Jer will be pissed.

This is just as good as Josh getting arrested. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Madtown said:

238 pounds of shit..lol

I can't help but think this will turn into nothing because JB will somehow find a way to make it all go away. I hope I'm wrong and this is something really serious. The saddest part is Anna will never ever leave him and fall more madly in love with him..

Yep- “the man of her dreams” as she loves to call him!  Some dream, Anna!

6 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

This is going to overshadow Jing and Jer’s stupid book. Jer will be pissed.

I bet jer and derick are livid right now when they’re trying for positive attention!  Last I checked, comments are still open on the vuolos ig accounts. The rest of the fam has closed ranks and limited comments. The V’s must be watching like hawks and deleting anything josh related so as not to sully their book release!  

6 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Does anyone else think that Josh looks high as a kite in his mugshot?

That was my first impression. He’s already drunk or high at 1:00 in the afternoon 😞 I do worry about what his kids may have seen.

5 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:
5 hours ago, christine falls said:

https://www.so.washington.ar.us/res/Detainee.aspx?bn=4235381

It says to sign up to click the Vine Link at the bottom of the page. You can also schedule a visitation 😁

Josh is trending on twitter. His family must be so proud. I read somewhere else that JB & M are at Big Sandy today, so they apparently aren't even home. 

Wow, all eyes must be on them!  The Duggars must be the talk of big sandy, for all the wrong reasons!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, Zella said:

I missed this. What did the Dillards say? I just checked Jill's Instagram, but her last post is prearrest. Is it in a comments section somewhere?

You didn't miss it -- the full statement was in a post just above yours. Terse it was:

"We just learned this information. It is very sad."

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

You didn't miss it -- the full statement was in a post just above yours. Terse it was:

"We just learned this information. It is very sad."

Thank you--I just realized that a split-second ago! 

I feel really bad for all the Duggar siblings who have been traumatized by Josh's scandals over the years. Because even if Josh is only being charged with financial crimes, you know the past molestation scandal is going to be rehashed in every single news article and feature that talks about this and they are going to be asked about it ad nauseum. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 2
  • Love 20
2 minutes ago, Teriacky said:

According to People, Josh was arrested by Homeland Security. 

The actual jail has him as arrested by US Marshals. I'm more inclined to believe the jail on that count. But I totally believe he was arrested by the Marshals at the behest of Homeland Security and that is who has been investigating him.

• Love 20