Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

No, the family conference is this week. David Waller posted from there earlier this week. Boobchelle were scheduled to be keynote speakers. I hope that's going well for them tonight. 😂

Wow, they need to do a better job with their calendar! Because that's not listed on the 2021 calendar I saw!  (which has a lot of events on it!)

ALthough I suppose so few people work for them any more that they have trouble getting these things done correctly....

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Can you imagine. JB & M giving a talk and all of a sudden someone pulls out their phone. Then another one does and another one. Everyone staring up at the stage in disbelief. And the audience looks like a rock concert with lit phones.

Julia Roberts gained 25 pounds and had her legs amputated at the knees to be able to play Michelle in this scene....

” The Oscar was worth it “  she said.

• LOL 16
1 minute ago, Churchhoney said:

Wow, they need to do a better job with their calendar! Because that's not listed on the one the 2021 calendar I saw! 

ALthough I suppose so few people work for them any more that they have trouble getting these things done correctly....

Yeah, whoever is in charge of their website does a piss poor job. 😂

• LOL 2
1 minute ago, Zella said:

I've not clicked on the link but does anyone look like they want to bolt off the stage and consult a lawyer? LOL

No but they are singing a song about sins and transgressions. 😂

• LOL 18
Just now, GeeGolly said:

No but they are singing a song about sins and transgressions. 😂

Laughing si hard I'm crying! 

I wonder if the feed is going to go dead suddenly like the cow cam at Jed!'s wedding.

• LOL 15
7 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

9F9EC80E-1841-461D-8157-D32540178A09.jpeg

Maybe ALERT could arrest JB!

"We'll make our own Big Sandy next year... Bill Gothard, beer, and hookers!" -Jim Bob

No but they are singing a song about sins and transgressions.

Ya know, now the Bates are the Biggest ATI family....maybe the end of ATI is nigh. Assuming Jim Bob is dragged down, I mean...

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

Anna:  I would leave him but I didn't want to turn on  my my big old molesting, cheating, soon to be felon husband & turn my marriage mess into a disaster. 

Anna: Josie, fetch my slippers. Johanna, raise my kids. Jenny, get me a mimosa. Laura, get out of my bed. I'll be living in the girls dorm for the next 6 months rest of my life.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9

I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when the feds pulled up to that house! I wonder if Josh did a “Bye momma, we’re moving to Washington” cry? 

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
18 minutes ago, Soaper410 said:

I am STUNNED!

Okay not really.  I wonder if we will get a reaction video with the same vague mess as before. 

Jana:  We had just got over the first thing and the second thing but he was living another different life. 

Josiah:  Well we had just gotten over the 12th bad thing he did when all of  a sudden out of no where this 13th thing came up.  

Joy:  We had no way to know about this new bad thing. 

Jinger *cries*

John:  I had to tell Josh again that I didn't want to be like him and 

Jill:  I knew. 

Derrick: Suck it, molester. 

Anna:  I would leave him but I didn't want to turn on  my my big old molesting, cheating, soon to be felon husband & turn my marriage mess into a disaster. 

God:  It already is.  Its okay to get divorced. Leave him.

John:  I just pushed play on the recording I made saying "I don't want to be like you".  I got tired of telling him that so I just recorded it and play it about once a week.

Ausitn: oh shit and my court case comes up may 21 - "I married a duggar, they do things a bit different. I didn't know I needed a septic permit to sell that flip we bailed on"

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8

Holy shit, you guys...I can't believe this and yet, of course, I can. I got my second Covid shot today and as I was reading the first posts about the arrest I suddenly felt like I got hit with a ton of bricks...fine one second and like I haven't slept in 24 hours not five minutes later. This is NOT the night to have to go to bed early, dammit! My eyes are falling shut but you all are killing it with the entertaining posts. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, Panopticon said:

That's about where I am.

JB and Michelle chose to have 18 children after Josh rather than make sure that Josh (and the other older children) had enough attention, space, food, etc.

JB and Michelle chose to make sure Josh-- who once wanted to be a lawyer-- didn't get a proper education that might have given him purpose or control over his life.

JB and Michelle chose to raise Josh in an environment where sex was so stigmatized that there was no practical difference between sexual assault and having a private fantasy in the shower.

JB and Michelle chose to raise Josh to believe that as the oldest brother, he was permitted to demand whatever he liked from his younger sisters.

JB and Michelle chose not to get Josh real help when he, as a teenager, exhibited disturbing/criminal behavior.

JB and Michelle chose to put the burden of Josh's disturbing/criminal behavior on the younger sisters he victimized, while Josh watched this and learned from it.

On JB and Michelle's head be this, whether it's a sexual crime, a financial crime, or something else.

When they did the special with Jill and Jessa after the first scandal, there was a body language expert who was quoted somewhere as saying that JB and J'chelle don't feel any remorse. They think that they're perfect parents.

I believed that then, and I believe that now. 

I would bet that they think that Josh simply needs to pray more. I don't think it would ever occur to them that they bear any responsibility for who he is. In their minds, it's probably (at least a bit) Anna's fault, too -- just not theirs.

I don't think that any of this will cause them to question their beliefs or their decisions. I wouldn't be surprised if they became even more dogmatic and Gothardy, the younger children were even more oppressed, and the married adults put on even shorter leashes.

• Love 22

Holy shit.  I went out to run a couple of errands, and while I was waiting in line at the Post Office I started to look at Twitter.  Never in a million years did I expect to see this news.  Held without bail?  It must be fairly serious I would imagine.

I feel for the M kids and even Anna.  I think she is so steeped in the Kool-Aid she just didn't have the strength to leave him 6 years ago.  

I do wonder if this is why there were two quickie weddings.  I hope if Jana and Jerimiah are indeed courting as rumor has it that this will not affect their relationships.  

What a shit show this is going to be.

• Love 14
7 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

When they did the special with Jill and Jessa after the first scandal, there was a body language expert who was quoted somewhere as saying that JB and J'chelle don't feel any remorse. They think that they're perfect parents.

I believed that then, and I believe that now. 

I would bet that they think that Josh simply needs to pray more. I don't think it would ever occur to them that they bear any responsibility for who he is. In their minds, it's probably (at least a bit) Anna's fault, too -- just not theirs.

I don't think that any of this will cause them to question their beliefs or their decisions. I wouldn't be surprised if they became even more dogmatic and Gothardy, the younger children were even more oppressed, and the married adults put on even shorter leashes.

No it won’t change their beliefs or make them question their own part in it at all. It was the devil at work! The devil is working hard to destroy Godly Christians like them. 

Edited by Trillium
  • LOL 2
  • Love 14
2 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

I do wonder if this is why there were two quickie weddings.  I hope if Jana and Jerimiah are indeed courting as rumor has it that this will not affect their relationships. 

two quickie weddings not filmed by TLC and Jason, Josiah and Jed suddenly buying properties under their Llcs

• Useful 11
  • Love 7

But seriously, there is no question in my mind that JB, at least, knew this was coming. That’s probably why he marched Jed and… The other one who got married recently to the altar so fast. The girl’s‘ families can’t back out now that they’re already lawfully wedded.

The question is, did Anna know? It would seem awfully tone deaf of her to post what she has posted recently if she knew her husband was about to be arrested. I bet they didn’t say a word to her about it.

• Love 24
5 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

I only feel bad for the kids.  They are the innocent ones.  Anna is smart enough to know better.  Let's hope whatever Pest is convicted of she makes the right decisions for the benefit of her children.,

She won't. She will continue to live with this creep and pop out baby after baby no matter wht he has done. She is in my opinion as disgusting as he is. 

• Love 19
3 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

He looks like a dirty, sleazy old man.  What are his charges, do any of you know?

I thought the Feds came at 5 in the morning and hauled Josh out of bed.  He looks like it.  But the booking intake happened at 1 pm.  Plenty of time for him to shower and dress, except he was probably still in bed.

• Love 12

I though Josh and Anna were (forced?) regulars at Big Sandy. Why would they have stayed in Arkansas? 🤔

TLC just drop this train wreck, hypocritical, waste of air family for good. 

• Love 12

I do actually feel sad for anna - she has done everything she was raised to do.

Her dad gave the ok for her to be married to a known child molester. She has been told from childhood on that any bad husband behavior would be her fault. She should be more attentive, forgive, keep sweet or whatever. she is to breed an army for jesus and all.

her brother supposedly offered her and the kids an out at one point but she and the kids were already set up in the duggar dorm rooms at that point.

should Jill, Jessa, jing or Joy find themselves in a similar situation, they too will toe the line and be faithful fundy wives. It is all they know and that is sad

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, louannems said:

I thought the Feds came at 5 in the morning and hauled Josh out of bed.  He looks like it.  But the booking intake happened at 1 pm.  Plenty of time for him to shower and dress, except he was probably still in bed.

Noon might be the equivalent of 5 am for Josh. Not like he has a job he has to wake up for! 

• LOL 7
  • Love 9

@3 is enough, I think it's been discussed here that Josh's being held "without bail" in this case, just means that because he's being held in county jail on federal charges, bail will be determined by a federal court. I think that hearing is set for tomorrow. That note on his booking just tells the county jail staff that he can't be bailed out right now, and has to be held for the federal hearing.

I'd be surprised if the federal charges are insignificant, but I also expect that at tomorrow's hearing bail and perhaps release conditions will be set for him. I'd be surprised if he doesn't get bonded out of jail pending trial in his case. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Useful 5
  • Love 15
9 minutes ago, louannems said:

He probably stays up until 5-6 am on his computer. Bedtime is during the day while the kids are at TTH. 

• Love 8

WetFamousBird-max-1mb.gif

Behold, THE FACE OF REMORSE

tumblr_onsewxGAKl1uh0b88o2_250.gifv

• LOL 8
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

I don't understand why anyone would feel sorry for Anna. 

Right?  She is grown woman and she made her bed, now she has to lie in it.  Like I said previously, the only victims here are the children.

• Love 22
2 minutes ago, Zella said:

I understand why people sorry for Anna, and I think it is a perfectly acceptable stance to have. She's in what I am sure is a miserable situation right now.

I understand also the reasons why I think she stays. The reason I don't feel sorry for her, though, personally is the smugness she has continued to show, even after Josh's fall from grace. 

Which one? 😂

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
Just now, emmawoodhouse said:

Which one? 😂

Lol touche! The 2015 ones. After the molestation scandals and Ashley Madison, you'd think she would drop the posturing about her family. 

• Love 12
4 hours ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Wow! When will we find out what the charges are?

I think Jer is starting to regret his association with the Duggars.

Sorry, watch so much darn reality tv that I stopped reading about Duggar's when their show was canceled! So who is Jer and what book is he writing? Or which thread is it under? Thanks!