Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, lascuba said:

kind of feel that a little cake and singing "Happy Birthday" would have been a good way for them to learn that birthday celebrations are for everyone.

Sad thing is, Spurge tried singing "Happy Birthday" and Jessa interrupted and talked over him.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Cinnabon said:

I like cake but ice cream cake is even better! And easier - all you do is buy a pre made pie crust and let a couple of pints of Ice cream soften, then dump them in and spread the ice cream around. Freeze the whole thing and there you have it. She could have done that and didn’t.

And if Jessa doesn't know how to dump ingredients, Jill could teach her. 😉

• LOL 15
2 hours ago, Zella said:

I think there's a lot of truth to that, but also just as an organized person myself (I still remember the color coded folders I assigned to each class I had 10 years ago, and I've got seven or more layers of subfolders within folders on my flash drive), I do not really see a fellow organizer in Jessa before or after. I see someone who functioned the same as a drill sergeant, more or less, rather than an actual organizer or planner. 

In fact, I feel like it was actually a real disservice to Jessa and her siblings for her family to conflate being an enforcer with being an organizer. 

Enforcer is a good way of putting it. She was good at keeping her younger siblings in line, from what I remember.

• Love 8
(edited)
20 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Enforcer is a good way of putting it. She was good at keeping her younger siblings in line, from what I remember.

I suspect that one of the side effects of that is they all now equate being organized with being aggressively overbearing, so it makes them all resistant to the idea of things like a schedule. I think there's obviously good old-fashioned laziness and mindlessly repeating what was modeled for them at play there, too, but it wouldn't surprise me if they resist being more organized because they associate it with being bossed around. And likewise it wouldn't surprise me if Jessa resists organizational tips that would actually make life easier for her and her kids because in her mind she's already the "organized" Duggar who wrangled over a dozen younger siblings and thinks she's not in need of suggestions from other people. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10
8 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

I saw a random diaper on the floor next to the toilet.  That gave me flashbacks to Jessa's diaper mountain.

I screenshotted it in case she tries to take it down. She really learned nothing from that incident. 

• LOL 10
2 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Have you all seen Ben’s parent’s house?? WOW.  What do they do for a living?

They must have inherited money. Mike Seewald was repairing windshields when they lived in Hot Springs. That doesn't buy spacious McMansions.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

What does she do all day?  She doesn't clean, doesn't cook, leaves the kids to fend for themselves. They don't appear to have a tv, so she isn't hooked on soaps or HGTV.  All I can think of is hours of deleting negative remarks on her social media pages.

That, and diy projects like the bunk beds, refinishing a dresser, and hanging large family photos. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

As my dad would have said, that kid is a hoss. OK, I've had a toddler who sneaked into my makeup. It's funny and relatable.

But all I can focus on is the rat's nest atop Ivy's head. I had a child who woke up each day with a thick, matted tangle of curls. She was the youngest of three, and mine were even more closely spaced than Jessa's. That kid had her hair combed just after breakfast every day, whether we were going somewhere or not. (Our house was also reasonably clean.) It's called respecting your kid and yourself, Jessa! 

• Love 19
11 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

ig3wr27ae6471.png?width=828&format=png&a

that whole story sounds like a giant pile of bullshit

So Ivy saw herself in the mirror for the first time AFTER Jessa opened the door??

So Ivy didn't look in the mirror at all while she smeared mascara on her forehead?

Please bitch.. 🙄

• LOL 7
  • Love 14

I find it hard to believe that 2 yr old Ivy got into Jessa’s makeup and knew the mascara only goes by your eyes and not all over your face, when my kids got into my makeup at that age they had it all over themselves, forehead, lips, cheeks, hair you name it what a mess!

but Ivy only has it neatly smeared above her eyes, not in her eyes or anywhere else… I guess it’s possible but I’d don’t trust That Jessa didn’t *help* Ivy 

• Love 23

Her hair doesn't look like that bad to me. It looks okay. It looks like half of her bangs are pushed up towards the back of her head and the other half of her bangs hang down. My hair does that although my mama would insisted on shorter bangs. It doesn't look particularly tangled from the front. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

I would worry about a toddler alone in the bathroom with the door closed.  I was going to say she could get into things like bathroom cleaning products, but then I remembered whose house this is.  Still, open water in the toilet, climbing on the counter and falling into the tub--there a lot of accidents that could happen alone in the bathroom.  I think this whole thing was a set-up.

Yet another staged picture from Jessa. She thinks we don’t realize she’s lying.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
On 6/8/2021 at 7:59 PM, Cinnabon said:

I like cake but ice cream cake is even better! And easier - all you do is buy a pre made pie crust and let a couple of pints of Ice cream soften, then dump them in and spread the ice cream around. Freeze the whole thing and there you have it. She could have done that and didn’t.

That’s way too much work for a Duggar. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
(edited)

Gotta love Jessa rewriting history. Michelle didn’t make sure to involve the older kids when a new baby came along the way normal parents do. She had YOU and your sisters raise the new baby. 🙄

Edited by SMama
  • Love 16

I have no idea why I just watched that video!  I don’t watch any of their stuff based on principle. 

such boring, predictable questions. “Are the kids excited?” 😴 

ive never felt jessa looks like Jill but I’m really seeing the resemblance for the first time. 

it always stands out to me how awkward, stilted, and uncomfortable they all seem on camera. You’d think they’d be well used to it but jessa, Jill, Jana, and jinger all seem so affected and unsure. Interesting phenomenon. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
33 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Wow, I figured she'd have at least one more hemorrhage before she realized she's not meant to home birth. Congrats Jessa, you finally made a smart decision!

Fuck you! The baby’s name is Ecclesiastes Judas Confederacy Satan Seewald! -Jessa

• LOL 21
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, awaken said:

I have no idea why I just watched that video!  I don’t watch any of their stuff based on principle. 

such boring, predictable questions. “Are the kids excited?” 😴 

ive never felt jessa looks like Jill but I’m really seeing the resemblance for the first time. 

it always stands out to me how awkward, stilted, and uncomfortable they all seem on camera. You’d think they’d be well used to it but jessa, Jill, Jana, and jinger all seem so affected and unsure. Interesting phenomenon. 

I can't believe I watched it too. It would have been more interesting if Ben had been part of the video (more to snark on), but I guess his part was over at the onset of this pregnancy. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

I strongly suspect that going to the hospital was Ben's idea. Jessa even said that he was very excited about the prospect and that he was more nervous about her homebirths than she was.

After two hemorrhages maybe she had trouble finding a midwife.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Wow, I figured she'd have at least one more hemorrhage before she realized she's not meant to home birth. Congrats Jessa, you finally made a smart decision!

I have a feeling that Ben made the decision for her.  I think he probably refused to budge on that one, thank God.

• Love 11