Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I just read that Bin's sister Jessica is getting divorced. Wow, I wonder what happened?

Yes, it has been coming for a while, she has been distancing on her social media. 

On another note, all we need to do is mention what pretty little daughters that Jessa has. She’ll have those boys in crew cuts before nightfall!  Can’t have anyone mistaking them for girls. 

• LOL 16
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Yes, it has been coming for a while, she has been distancing on her social media. 

On another note, all we need to do is mention what pretty little daughters that Jessa has. She’ll have those boys in crew cuts before nightfall!  Can’t have anyone mistaking them for girls. 

Anyone have a sock IG account they can spare (because she'll block it) to do the lord's work? 😂

• LOL 10

Hmmmmm, seems like we may be the traditionalists here, insisting boys should have short boy cuts, not long curls. Personally, I have no problem with Spurge and Henry’s hair as long as THEY don’t mind it. 

• Love 18
3 hours ago, Love2dance said:

Hmmmmm, seems like we may be the traditionalists here, insisting boys should have short boy cuts, not long curls. Personally, I have no problem with Spurge and Henry’s hair as long as THEY don’t mind it. 

You said it before I could. 🙂

• Love 5
(edited)
9 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I just read that Bin's sister Jessica is getting divorced. Wow, I wonder what happened?

Yes it true, I saw it on Reddit. I thought they didn’t believe in divorce? I wonder what their families think? 

tupje9cxq7271.thumb.jpg.644d8d7b1b69810407418f530f491edf.jpg

Edited by FizzyPuff
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
26 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Was Jessica the one that had the wedding dress Jessa strongly disapproved of?

Yes, I don’t know what dress she ended up with, but this is one Jessa didn’t like:

5B2DAA96-87F6-4EBB-B711-6A56B56CB4E0.jpeg

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Suzn said:

I think the main objection is that the boys look messy, unkempt and not very clean.

That's what I don't like about their hair. A short "traditional" haircut for the boys isn't mandatory, IMO. But, if Jessa's not going to keep the kids' hair washed and brushed, short cuts would be more attractive.

IRC there was a time a few years ago when little Spurge had cute hair: tousled toddler curls all over his head. Those days are gone. I'm sure there are cuts that would let Spurge keep the curls but not look dirty and unkempt, if that's what Jessa wants, but of course she's not going to be bothered to make that happen. 

• Love 19

I know this is a leap, but when the Seewald siblings started leaning mainstream, I wondered if seeing the Duggars up close and personal, gave them a clearer picture of what they were being taught and how they were being raised, and they were like, whoa, slow down, no way.

• Useful 6
  • Love 15
9 hours ago, Love2dance said:

I think Ivy’s hair looks much worse than the boy’s does.  Poor Ivy looks like she’s wearing a rat’s nest on her head!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I think Ivy’s hair looks much worse than the boy’s does.  Poor Ivy looks like she’s wearing a rat’s nest on her head!

Yeah, I was going to mention that Ivy is also a mess.  Jessa is lazy and she seems to think messy curls are cute.

• Love 20

Wait and see - the "feral kids" thing can only go so far.  It's already losing it's cuteness (not that it ever really was cute)

At some point it's going to morph into borderline abuse, someone will call her out and the next thing you know, those kids will be scrubbed and clipped.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

Did Jessa ever do a gender reveal for the 4th baby, or are they hoping the show might still come back and they can get paid for it? I assume that filming may currently be on hold.

1 minute ago, Kellyee said:

Did Jessa ever do a gender reveal for the 4th baby, or are they hoping the show might still come back and they can get paid for it? I assume that filming may currently be on hold.

Jessa has never done a reveal. She waits a couple days after the kid is born to reveal their sex to the public.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
15 hours ago, Love2dance said:

It’s not the length I have a problem with. She manages that just fine with Ivy. She could style or clip the front back if she wants them to have long hair. It’s the sweaty, dirty, in their eyes look that I don’t like. 

• Love 18
4 hours ago, Kellyee said:

She's not into the gender reveal; her thing is teasing her fans with the possibility that she's having twins (Jessa is always having twins until it turns out that she's not). But she's not even doing that this time. Maybe she's just burned out.

• Love 10

9 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I know this is a leap, but when the Seewald siblings started leaning mainstream, I wondered if seeing the Duggars up close and personal, gave them a clearer picture of what they were being taught and how they were being raised, and they were like, whoa, slow down, no way.

I always thought that despite the cult (was it Vision Forum?) they were in, the Seewalds were never all that conservative when it came to gender roles for their kids, and that Ben was more of an outlier in his family who took their cult's teachings way more seriously than the rest of them.  But I could totally see them being fairly deep in the lifestyle and then meeting the Duggars and immediately going, "Fuck this shit. I'm out."

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 6
36 minutes ago, lascuba said:

I always thought that despite the cult (was it Vision Forum?) they were in, the Seewalds were never all that conservative when it came to gender roles for their kids, and that Ben was more of an outlier in his family who took their cult's teachings way more seriously than the rest of them.  But I could totally see them being fairly deep in the lifestyle and then meeting the Duggars and immediately going, "Fuck this shit. I'm out."

I don’t where the Seewalds stand right now in terms of religiosity, but Guin (Bin’s mom) is deep into the crazy Q propaganda on social media.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Albanyguy said:

She's not into the gender reveal; her thing is teasing her fans with the possibility that she's having twins (Jessa is always having twins until it turns out that she's not). But she's not even doing that this time. Maybe she's just burned out.

That's five kids in the same bedroom. People would riot.

• LOL 4
(edited)
8 hours ago, Nysha said:

To be honest, I think it's a horrible looking dress. It's sole purpose appears to be showing off her boobs. There are classy wedding dresses that show just as much cleavage w/o making it look like it was designed by a horny 13 yo boy.

If I remember right, she had tried on a dress before that one that she really liked (and which I think it was the one she ended up buying) and her entourage didn’t think it was modest enough.  So the consultant put her in that one so they would see that the one she liked was just fine.  You could tell on the show that she was pretty uncomfortable coming out and showing the one pictured above.

Edited by Tigregirl
Typo corrections
  • Useful 7
  • Love 4
(edited)
32 minutes ago, Tigregirl said:

If I remember right, she had tried on a dress before that one that she really liked (and which I think it was the one she ended up buying) and her entourage didn’t think it was modest enough.  So the consultant put her in that one so they would see that the one she liked was just fine.  You could tell on the show that she was pretty uncomfortable coming out and showing the one pictured above.

Yes, that's how I remember it. She selected one with mesh "covering" her cleavage. 

You can't see the panel in this pic, but you can see it was still pretty low-cut.

7E78D280-015A-4B0E-93DD-B90ED444B7D9.thumb.jpeg.d059b86183c5ef76f041d721cdd1a0e4.jpeg

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Useful 3
18 hours ago, Nysha said:

To be honest, I think it's a horrible looking dress. It's sole purpose appears to be showing off her boobs. There are classy wedding dresses that show just as much cleavage w/o making it look like it was designed by a horny 13 yo boy.

I don't even think her breasts look nice in that dress.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, lascuba said:

Seriously, kudos to her (or whoever initiated the divorce) for leaving an unhappy marriage early. I see no value in suffering over ridiculous cultural norms.

1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

I agree, and to add to that, Jessica can make that choice because she has a real job with a real paycheck and real benefits. She's not stuck because she decided to become a breeding machine for Jesus (cough, cough, Anna).

Divorce sucks, but hopefully it's a learning experience for both of them and they can move on.

Totally agree. She has the freedom to divorce, and I'm glad. Her life doesn't have to be over because she wants to end a romantic relationship.

I never saw her wedding, but she looks very unhappy in those wedding pictures.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, JoanArc said:

“Yeah sis, I can sympathize, I wanted to break up after a couple years too” -Ben 

And this is why you shouldn’t rush into marriage, and especially not kids.

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

One of Ben's (other) sisters posted an Instagram story where it looks like Ivy's birthday is being celebrated with the Seewald side of the family. Screenshot featuring super-preggers Jessa:

lyit6s5jvc271.jpg

And in sweatpants.  She looks like someone who has given up.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

And in sweatpants.  She looks like someone who has given up.  

I watched the Instagram story, and Jessa was standing there aimlessly, like she didn't know what to do with herself. I know she's late in pregnancy and probably isn't feeling too hot, but she seems so disconnected with everything. 

On another note, damn, the food at the Seewalds looked really good. I'd be hightailing it there every holiday rather than eat the Duggars' slop. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 14
12 minutes ago, rue721 said:

I dunno, she's a million months pregnant, has three little kids, and a ton of family/emotional shit going on. I'm wearing sweatpants right now and I'm not even dealing with any of that 😆

ME TOO! 😝

I’m not going judge a heavily pregnant woman on what she wears to a family BBQ. It’s possible she’s really swollen and that’s all that fit, or she just wasn’t feeling like putting on a dress and getting fixed up. It looks like she groomed herself as an adult typically would so I wouldn’t be worried that she was depressed or something. (Which is the first thing I would think if someone who used to be fashionable just stopped caring.)

5 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Meh she is wearing what’s comfy for her. Maybe that’s all that fits. 

yeah that’s what I was thinking. 

• Love 16
21 minutes ago, rue721 said:

I dunno, she's a million months pregnant, has three little kids, and a ton of family/emotional shit going on. I'm wearing sweatpants right now and I'm not even dealing with any of that 😆

3B3C1027-0D57-41CE-804A-190E1BDA38E1.jpeg

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, rue721 said:

I dunno, she's a million months pregnant, has three little kids, and a ton of family/emotional shit going on.

Josh's arrest must have stirred up a ton of rage in Jessa, rage that she's been forced to push down and deny in the name of "keeping sweet". Even if she wants to vent that rage, who besides Ben is even going to listen to her (certainly her mother and father don't want to hear about it). And she, more than any of the other kids, must be terrified at the thought of losing the TV show because of Josh.

• Love 16