Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

(edited)
2 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

I refuse to watch their videos.  What did she receive for her birthday?

Books (including I am a big sister 🙄)

Doll stroller, dresses and bunk bed.

Princess dress and headband.

Pink bike helmet.

oh and ice cream instead of cake (the ice cream was all hard).

61020DEB-4E7F-4EA6-89A3-72BC5A103ACE.thumb.jpeg.226dea8bf04c41b0c234656e6b4a266d.jpeg

E8F0493E-FE6D-4235-9BD4-E3DCA4C848D0.thumb.jpeg.c45fffea62b8e9e42da37b6cb28c7cc4.jpeg

9DC2ACC9-47E1-4E2E-8F43-A40D45AAEC3D.thumb.jpeg.4dfedcf3f903902ff1edd270b59c2b33.jpeg

A7357C9B-18CE-4972-A065-BB35DB738BE3.thumb.jpeg.917b16df7745e9473bd248af4a6707d7.jpeg

C4D94BE5-664C-404C-9B9F-DD9BF1110132.thumb.jpeg.0e00005b11e409cfdbd2061b4be3b844.jpeg

Edited by FizzyPuff
  • Useful 6
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, zoomama said:

the book says 'our new baby sister arrived today'. you guys think thats a hint for us?

Oh wow. Took me a minute, I automatically read it as big sister. It said baby sister. Maybe she let the cat out of the bag!

• Useful 2
  • LOL 5
(edited)

Jessa said on IG in response to comments, that she does the Amazon boxes to be eco-friendly 😂

Does she use cloth diapers and plan to for the next 25 billion she's going to birth?  Asking seriously.  

Thanks, GeeGolly!!  Oh my....how could I have forgotten diaper mountain!!  Ack!!

Edited by Kiki620
Wanted to respond.
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, Kiki620 said:

Does she use cloth diapers and plan to for the next 25 billion she's going to birth?  Asking seriously.  

No. A picture she took a couple years ago.

image.png.d4b3e75abdd4a52c43aa49344d3761e9.png

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Bliss Ann would be nice!

1 hour ago, Heathen said:

You guess wrong. Sunday mass (they were hardcore Catholic) and school, that's it. How do I know this? They built the house next door to my grandmother's and lived next to her for thirty years. The husband of the family was an ass. 

Topic: Any guesses for S4's name? 

The book does not say baby "sister".  Just baby.

And that doll is horrifying enough to have it's own low budget movie.  Though it does have better hair than potato baby.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 12
11 minutes ago, leighdear said:

And that doll is horrifying enough to have it's own low budget movie.  Though it does have better hair than potato baby.  

the stuff of nightmares! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Ivy looks miserable in the second shot too. 

And somehow it's such a metaphor: Spurge, Henry and Ivy all trapped in a tiny box with a mother who refuses to allow them to explore the world.

It gets worse when you stop and think that what people put on social media are the highpoints that they want to put out there for public consumption because they're the most interesting and/or envy worthy.   

• Love 3
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

That seriously makes me want to puke.  There’s lazy and then there’s LAZY.  If you can’t even properly dispose of a diaper, you are beyond LAZY.

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

That seriously makes me want to puke.  There’s lazy and then there’s LAZY.  If you can’t even properly dispose of a diaper, you are beyond LAZY.

Why does she not have a diaper pail or something? 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Kiki620 said:

Thanks, GeeGolly!!  Oh my....how could I have forgotten diaper mountain!!  Ack!!

Speaking of diapers, I can’t imagine why Spurgeon is wearing a diaper at 5 years of age, but I’m just going to say it…Unless he has a true medical condition that makes them necessary, I think it’s ridiculous.  If he’s afraid to climb down the ladder at night because it’s too dark, then they need to put a nightlight in the kid’s bedroom.

Just now, libgirl2 said:

Why does she not have a diaper pail or something? 

🤷🏼‍♀️ I just can’t believe that she put that picture on SM.  She ought to be ashamed of being that LAZY.

• Love 10
10 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Eco-friendly would be placing one order from Amazon and reusing giftbags she already owns. 

The sad thing is, I think Jessa is putting thought into these weekly celebrations. Maybe Jessa remembers meager or forgotten birthdays from the early years of her life and is 'over compensating' in her mind, thinking the gifts matter and not the pageantry. Jill, on the other hand, is doing birthdays like they did in the later years and still do. I also wonder if Ivy had a TTH celebration and Jessa thought it best not to post it, although it seems Anna handles those now.

Either way, Jessa actually films these week long, lame affairs, so she must think they're special. I did notice Ivy didn't get a family gift like a bird feeder or a shared gift like bows and arrows.

And the dolls. Ivy is two and already has at least a half dozen dolls and now has a bed, stroller and clothes for them. Even if Jessa is going to insist on "girl" gifts, how about some crayons and coloring books, or pink Duplos/Legos, some bath/pool toys. Or even a toy vacuum. I don't know a kid, boy or girl, that doesn't like a toy vacuum. 

Even more eco friendly- Jessa could leave the house and shop in an actual store for gifts. No huge boxes at all. Imagine that! 

5 hours ago, Tikichick said:

Wouldn't it be more eco-friendly to serve the birthday girl her ice cream with flatware from the kitchen drawer instead of plasticware?

When I think more about this, it actually really angers me. Her lying and the hypocrisy. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Madtown said:

Playing in a box. Spurge looks so over it. 

23F15B17-6169-4DFF-9205-85186FA24ADD.jpeg

1567013E-B1AB-4E34-A4AE-3409BC0C9FA3.jpeg

Jessa totally staged that.

25 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

And then there is being so unaware and tone deaf that you post it for millions of strangers online.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Hahaha. Will NEVER be forgotten!!  

Also, weirdly, I sing to myself “climb, climb up diaper mountain” whenever this is reposted. To the tune of the Sunday school song “climb, climb up sunshine mountain, faces all aglow!”

just me?

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

I can't believe I am defending Jessa, but if your Amazon order contains multiple items they often send it in multiple shipments.  I refuse to pay for Prime so I always wait until I have over $25 of merchandise to order, and more often than not it comes in separate packages.  

She could have placed one order and just separated the things into old boxes she has saved.

Sure, it would have been nicer to use gift bags, but she seems to be the queen of minimalism and honestly I don't think a 2 year old cares.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

I can't believe I am defending Jessa, but if your Amazon order contains multiple items they often send it in multiple shipments.  I refuse to pay for Prime so I always wait until I have over $25 of merchandise to order, and more often than not it comes in separate packages.  

She could have placed one order and just separated the things into old boxes she has saved.

Sure, it would have been nicer to use gift bags, but she seems to be the queen of minimalism and honestly I don't think a 2 year old cares.  

By the same token, I doubt Ivy minds that she got ice cream instead of IC&C for her birthday. She's a little kid. Does she even know it's her birthday? 

I ordered something (a budget book) from Amazon the other day. The next day I ordered some skincare (Paula's Choice). They came today, in the same box. I can't figure out Amazon. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
(edited)

Jessa thinks she's doing something quirky and unique and probably thinks she'll start a trend.

At least the kid's birthday was acknowledged.  It could have been way worse. *cough*Jill Rod*cough*

But really - look at that sofa!

59qem2hl0b371.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Edited by BigBingerBro
added the birthing couch
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3

The Internet is forever.  15 years from now, 17 year-old potato baby is going to see these and KNOW that her family just didn't give a shit about doing anything but the bare-bones, basic and boring for her. And it's recorded for the rest of the world to see it too. 

There's nothing "eco conscious" or "family focused".  It's half-assed and neglectful.  Period. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
29 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

Jessa thinks she's doing something quirky and unique and probably thinks she'll start a trend.

At least the kid's birthday was acknowledged.  It could have been way worse. *cough*Jill Rod*cough*

But really - look at that sofa!

59qem2hl0b371.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

OMG! Get a new couch! Then again, she will be using it shortly. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, leighdear said:

ooppss! you are right!

I hate to defend Jessa, but I think Ivy's birthday was fine.  She looked utterly delighted with her gifts and I thought the gifts were lavish enough.  Sure, to impress adults looking at the birthday week, it missed,  but the kids were fine with it.

However, chipping out rock hard ice cream for Ivy while she crawls on the table was pretty awful.  I don't understand letting the kids climb all over the furniture.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, 3 is enough said:

What’s stopping her from actually shopping in regular stores? Wait - it might be laziness.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

A 2 year old doesn't know enough to care about how a gift is wrapped, but they do get excited when they see presents wrapped in fun paper and bows. And I think Spurge and Henry would have had fun wrapping Ivy a present and would have enjoyed watching her open it.

Most parents do what they can to make the day special, whether that's a cupcake and a pair of well needed shoes, or cake and ice cream and a new bike or a big ole party.

I guess to me anyways, Ivy's celebration just felt like a combination of little effort and a performance for SM.

• Love 21
49 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

What’s stopping her from actually shopping in regular stores? Wait - it might be laziness.

I too, hate to be a Jessa defender but amazon and other things that ship to you are how most of the people I know who are Jessa's age shop these days. I am way older than Jessa and that's how I shop now, just no pics for my non existent followers🤣

the pics of kid's in a box - I see Herny has something interesting to him and Spurge and Ivy doesn't care. next pic Spurge is holding whatever interesting thing and Ivy still doesn't care and wants out of the box. Jessa doesn't care because her focus is how thrifty or environmentally friendly she is with amazon boxes for her followers.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
29 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

I’m totally judging Jessa not wrapping the kids’ presents, but then again I wrap present for my cats so maybe my judgment is a bit suspect.

I HATE wrapping gifts, but I do use pretty gift bags. 

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I too, hate to be a Jessa defender but amazon and other things that ship to you are how most of the people I know who are Jessa's age shop these days. I am way older than Jessa and that's how I shop now, just no pics for my non existent followers🤣

the pics of kid's in a box - I see Herny has something interesting to him and Spurge and Ivy doesn't care. next pic Spurge is holding whatever interesting thing and Ivy still doesn't care and wants out of the box. Jessa doesn't care because her focus is how thrifty or environmentally friendly she is with amazon boxes for her followers.

I understand your point, but if Jessa truly wanted to be eco conscious, she would shop in person. She actually isn’t interested in that, she’s just trying to cover her ass.

• Love 13
1 minute ago, Cinnabon said:

I understand your point, but if Jessa truly wanted to be eco conscious, she would shop in person. She actually isn’t interested in that, she’s just trying to cover her ass.

Hey! She’s never getting rid of those couches for environmental reasons.

• LOL 21
3 hours ago, IndianPaintbrush said:

I don't know, I'm one of those people who likes making a kid feel super special on their birthday - it doesn't matter if they remember or not - and Jessa's way of giving presents comes off as rather cold.

Especially since she'll see the pictures/videos when she gets older.

• Love 8
40 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Especially since she'll see the pictures/videos when she gets older.

By then she’ll know exactly who her parents are and won’t expect to see anything special.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

I also hate to defend Jessa, but little kids love cardboard boxes. I don’t think I’ve ever looked back at childhood photos to admire the wrapping paper. My mom never really did the gift wrap stuff either, and I’ve never seen the appeal either. We wrap Christmas presents, because that’s a part of the suspense/chaos of Christmas morning. I’m sure when Ivy looks back at these pictures, she’ll remember how much she loves her pink helmet, and how that creepy doll lay a curse on their house and haunted them for years. 

• LOL 19
  • Love 5
22 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Yeah, she claims to recycle the boxes. Right, to the next set of birthday gifts. 

And, if that is the case, why not take an Amazon box and decorate it specially for the birthday child?  She could use cheap gift wrap, tin foil or the comics and wrap the sides and top while leaving the flaps open so the child could open it without disturbing the wrap.  Then, after the birthday is over, put the birthday box on the shelf to wait for the next kid's birthday.

Or, buy some cheap gift bags at the Dollar Store.  They can be used over and over again, too. Very eco-friendly.

Jessa is so quick to justify her lazy ways and try to perpetuate the myth that she is somehow more special than the rest of us.

• Love 14
11 hours ago, FizzyPuff said:

Wasn't Gothard the one who didn't allow Cabbage Patch Dolls and toy trolls because they would bring bad luck, or cast some spell or something?  I wonder what he would think of this truly creepy doll?  I guess Jessa isn't following him as closely now.

• Useful 1