Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Jessa and kids having unkempt and dirty hair is their trademark/crowning glory

And soon they'll all have the same trademark as Davy Crockett. People who were famous on TeeVee a long time ago. He had his coonskin cap. They have their Gothard Curls. All Americana at its finest. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

The show is canceled. Over. Kaput.

But will TLC rebrand as they did with 19 Kids? Look it’s now Counting On, no Volderjosh, JB, or M. Josh is the vile gift that keeps on giving.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, SMama said:

But will TLC rebrand as they did with 19 Kids? Look it’s now Counting On, no Volderjosh, JB, or M. Josh is the vile gift that keeps on giving.

We can only hope not. 

I can see it, in a way.

But I can also see TLC feeling skittish about current events. One way or another he's going to prison for something pretty hideous. People know the history but they'd learned to excuse it. This may be harder to overlook because of the past and because of the news that'll accompany either a conviction or a plea deal. 

And then to have the show go on, as it would, with no mention of these various events. I don't know how many advertisers could stomach that today. 

• Love 18
(edited)
31 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

We can only hope not. 

I can see it, in a way.

But I can also see TLC feeling skittish about current events. One way or another he's going to prison for something pretty hideous. People know the history but they'd learned to excuse it. This may be harder to overlook because of the past and because of the news that'll accompany either a conviction or a plea deal. 

And then to have the show go on, as it would, with no mention of these various events. I don't know how many advertisers could stomach that today. 

I agree. Realistically, the only ones who have a shot are Jinger and Jeremy, and that's because California law requires adults to have their own contracts. I can't see TLC rebranding Counting On because Derick spilled the beans about the money. As long as the pot goes to Boob, Josh (and Josh's defense) indirectly benefit from the show. There's no way in hell advertisers will touch that with a ten foot pole. 

If the Vuolos cut ties and don't have Duggar participation, I could see it happening, but Jessa? No way. She's too enmeshed geographically and financially with Boob.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Useful 2
  • Love 13
(edited)

Isn't jessa pregnant now? And we don't get to see that birth on tv, unless (1) they change the series name , or (2) another network picks up the series - is there a TLC+ network?, or (3) josh pleas out, no trial, lessens the embarrassment., (4) reinvent on social media or netflix

Any body else pregnant?

Edited by sATL
(edited)
10 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

Anna

Oh..they stopped showing her birth 3-4 kids ago. Her labors are probably so quick now, the cameras don't  have time to set up and focus.

Edited by sATL
  • LOL 10
1 hour ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Jessa is probably going to take this the hardest. At least Austin can flip houses and Jeremy can mooch off his MacArthur ministry. Idk what Jessa had going on as income other than TLC.

As I noted earlier, Jessa was selling pillows today. And she'll ramp up YouTube videos. IIRC, she has over 100k subscribers already watching her shitty videos without any real production values. Imagine the money she could make if she gave a shit. Or if food on their table depended on it. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 13
3 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Damn, I was curious, so I checked Jessa's YouTube. 157k subscribers! There's a ton of money to be made there. Carlin (Bates) Stewart does very well on the platform, and she just passed 100k. 

How much money are you guessing?

Just wait, Jessa in ripped jeans, tight shirts and fake eyelashes. lol

• LOL 14

Money really depends on how many videos she can crank out and viewer engagement. She's a smart cookie, but she's also lazy as fuck. We'll see how this all pans out. But if she plays this right, she could make five figures in a relatively short time.

• Useful 7
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

How much money are you guessing?

Just wait, Jessa in ripped jeans, tight shirts and fake eyelashes. lol

A click on You Tube isn't worth much, in fact, their pay rate is terrible so any money made would have to come from deals with companies. I work in Music licensing and every click on an official channel is literally worth about  0.000001 cent or something

Those poor children always looks so stuffed and dirty. Jessa needs help, she is so checked out and I continue to loathe her voice, it's so utterly devoid of emotions

• Useful 4
  • Love 12
9 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I only know this because I’ve babysat for a lot of little boys:  Little boys love to pee outside, although I have no clue as to why they love it.

Marking their territory?

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

I can't decide whether Ben is more checked out with Jessa or more checked out with his kids.

Probably both. Jessa's in charge of everything include what happens with the kids.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
(edited)
11 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

. Imagine the money she could make if she gave a shit. Or if food on their table depended on it.

Imagine how many people are not going to give a shit about her when she’s off television. I’m guessing at least 2/3 of her viewer base.

She’s going to love deleting all the comments asking when counting on is coming back for a new season.

Edited by JoanArc
  • LOL 4
  • Love 9

I expect Jessa to start posting her videos on Patreon soon.  I don’t know much about it, other than you have to pay a small fee to be able to watch the videos.  I know of several D-list reality stars that are going that route in order to have an income.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I expect Jessa to start posting her videos on Patreon soon.  I don’t know much about it, other than you have to pay a small fee to be able to watch the videos.  I know of several D-list reality stars that are going that route in order to have an income.

I support a few podcasts on Patreon. If Jessa wants to go that route she will have to majorly up her game. That only works if creators have regular content that is interesting enough for people to subscribe to. I doubt she’d get many people willing to shell out money monthly for the generic, boring stuff she does now.

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Yes, I can see her maintaining her YouTube channel with bonus content on Patreon. I also bet she's pitching a show to TLC called Country in the City, where the Seewalds move out to LA and Jinger and Jessa react to the culture shock. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, MargeGunderson said:

I support a few podcasts on Patreon. If Jessa wants to go that route she will have to majorly up her game. That only works if creators have regular content that is interesting enough for people to subscribe to. I doubt she’d get many people willing to shell out money monthly for the generic, boring stuff she does now.

Yep. I also support a few creators on Patreon. I've dropped a few after initial support if they didn't post content or I lost interest for some reason.

Jessa may have enough diehard fans who would keep paying a few bucks to her on Patreon regardless of the quality of her posted content, to make it work for her even if she continues her lazy ways and cr*ppy content. Hey, maybe Spurge will shortly be seen playing with TWO ants! And Ivy will climb onto an open toilet and fall in! The fun never stops at the Seewald house. 

• LOL 21
15 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I noticed Jessa said a critter was outside their tent because the kids had tossed marshmallows around. I've never been camping, but isn't it sort of a general rule that you're supposed to keep your area tidy and not leave food out?

Aside from raccoons or possums, I wouldn't want a campsite crawling with ants because something sugary and sticky was all over the ground. I would've made the kids clean them up before they went to bed.

Jessa can't be bothered to clean up her own house, why would she worry about cleaning up a campsite?

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
(edited)
9 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

Yes, I can see her maintaining her YouTube channel with bonus content on Patreon. I also bet she's pitching a show to TLC called Country in the City, where the Seewalds move out to LA and Jinger and Jessa react to the culture shock. 

You mean the city where Jinger has been living for the last two years? I’d love to have video of the TLC executives seeing Jinger and Jessa’s  Numbers come up on their phone, and then just not taking the call.  No  Jessa: Pig In The City show.

Maybe they could try going to South America and being missionaries. Oh wait, that’s already been done.  Maybe Jim Bob could be a loudmouth businessman with the sons in law acting as his apprentices. Oh wait, that’s been done. Maybe they could open up a restaurant, only for it to be a disaster. Oh wait, that’s been done.  Maybe they could open a cake store instead? Maybe they can marry into a family of little people? Is anybody ‘trans round here?  Come on, there’s got to be something! 

Edit: TLC  might come back knocking if Jingle or Jessa is 600 lbs and bedbound. 

Edited by JoanArc
  • LOL 21
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Oh no. Jessa will finally go the adoption route. Run children, run.

Five kids in one bedroom is a bridge too far for even the shadiest of adoption agencies.  Or at least I hope.  Jessa cannot adopt as long as she and Ben live in the mold house.  

• Love 14
16 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I noticed Jessa said a critter was outside their tent because the kids had tossed marshmallows around. I've never been camping, but isn't it sort of a general rule that you're supposed to keep your area tidy and not leave food out?

Aside from raccoons or possums, I wouldn't want a campsite crawling with ants because something sugary and sticky was all over the ground. I would've made the kids clean them up before they went to bed.

Holy carp. They'd better not try that food-scattering sh*t if they camp in the Colorado mountains. That stuff doesn't just attract raccoons and possums. It attracts freaking BEARS. Full size hungry lethal BEARS. Who can rip a tent off its stakes with a paw swipe, and have been known to kill and eat humans. 

Jessa and Bin are such fecking nitwits. I hope they don't ever put their kids in real danger in the great outdoors. But the prospects don't look good for their kids' safety. 

• Love 18
Just now, Ohiopirate02 said:

Five kids in one bedroom is a bridge too far for even the shadiest of adoption agencies.  Or at least I hope.  Jessa cannot adopt as long as she and Ben live in the mold house.  

And with neither of the parents having a job with a paycheck. Seems unlikely.

• Love 15
21 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

Do you think she will video her birth and put it on youtube?

Didn't Joy post her last birth on YouTube? I can't remember if it ever aired on TLC. I remember Kendra's birth special aired with the Easter episode. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

Well, there’s always OnlyFans. 😏😂

• LOL 22
53 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Not to mention that children over 5 are not supposed to be sleeping in the same room as their opposite sex siblings. 

I wonder if having TLC cancel the show will give Ben the push he needs to cut the cord with JB and find a real part-time job to supplement his preaching gig? I've attended several churches with small congregations where the preacher had another job. Ben needs to get clipped and start focusing on his family and his future. 

• Love 23
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Doesn’t the average adoption cost something like 50 grand? Even if they could secure a child they still have to pay the bill. But, I really don’t think anybody is going to give them a baby. The best I could do is something like a tylerr situation where they are guardians to some unfortunate kid.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, JoanArc said:

Doesn’t the average adoption cost something like 50 grand? Even if they could secure a child they still have to pay the bill. But, I really don’t think anybody is going to give them a baby. The best I could do is something like a tylerr situation where they are guardians to some unfortunate kid.

I was really only kidding about Jessa adopting, but I could see her thinking if she could take in a family of kids from within their circle, she could try for her own show and get more SM followers. 

• Useful 1
(edited)

Do adoption agencies do any form of psych evaluation? I imagine a professional interviewing Bin and Jessa would immediately see they're not in good places mentally or emotionally. A couple whose main form of communication is one-word responses followed by sullen silence doesn't exactly scream "stable, loving home."

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I was really only kidding about Jessa adopting, but I could see her thinking if she could take in a family of kids from within their circle, she could try for her own show and get more SM followers. 

That might work, if Jessa was a warm person.  She’s such a cold fish, she makes Michelle hot in comparison.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
40 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

They mind wind up with Anna’s kids 

6 minutes ago, SMama said:

Ben worked at his father’s windshield business, and at an insurance company before handing his balls to JB and Jessa. The best thing for the family is to move close to the elder Seewalds. At least three of Ben’s sisters work, it will be good for him to work. It may help him check back in as a father and husband. 

I agree, plus Mike and Guinn seem like they'd be active grandparents. I think they'd help a lot with the kids which would give Jessa a bit of a break. 

• Love 6
15 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

No birth special for Jessa! Not that I wanted to see her give birth on that couch yet again. 
I do wonder if People and/or US Weekly are going to bail on her too.

That is interesting. I do wonder if they continue coverage and if they do, what kind.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

I agree, plus Mike and Guinn seem like they'd be active grandparents. I think they'd help a lot with the kids which would give Jessa a bit of a break. 

From what?

• LOL 21
  • Love 1