Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I never heard of locking a fridge. Is that a thing?

We had a lock on the fridge where I worked.  Our maintenance guy put it on.  It was a hasp lock we bought at Lowe's.  

I agree that Ivy playing in the fridge is dangerous.  My mom used to always 'tsk tsk' when she'd see moms like Jessa and say with a sigh, "Survival of the fittest."

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

We had a lock on the fridge where I worked.  Our maintenance guy put it on.  It was a hasp lock we bought at Lowe's.  

I agree that Ivy playing in the fridge is dangerous.  My mom used to always 'tsk tsk' when she'd see moms like Jessa and say with a sigh, "Survival of the fittest."

Refrigerators today no longer pose the same threat that the 50’s and 60’s models did.  They no longer have the door latch, that would prevent a child from escaping, if he or she climbed in and shut the door.  Best I can remember, the latch was removed for safety purposes when some children DID die while playing with abandoned refrigerators in old houses and whatnot.  I’m not making excuses for Jessa’s poor parenting.  I think Jessa has more children than she can handle right now.  I don’t know how she’s going to be able to manage one (or five) more.

• Useful 4
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Gigi43 said:

It possible Jessa staged it but either way she thinks its cute and doesn't get rational people will look at it and say its a hazard. The kids probably aren't fed enough because she's too busy making pregnancy videos and staging other sm pics and Bin is a man so of course he doesn't make a meal. 

I think Ben does more of the cooking than Jessa does.

• Love 9
(edited)
6 hours ago, Liddy52 said:

But once again as in so many of the Duggar posts: put the camera down and get her out of the fridge and pour her a glass of milk! Don't just stand there and film it and don't post it on Social Media.  Kids do stuff, but you put a stop to it when it is dangerous or impolite and you teach them the correct way.  You don't just keep filming.  Does she walk around with her camera at ready all the time? 

Yes, looks like she actually does. YouTube and IG seems to be their main source of income, so can’t risk missing a bankable moment!

Edited by awaken
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Ivy ran into the fridge, is hiding, and drinking milk right out of the carton:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQGx2MGDh_b/

Jessa's kids have no discipline.

That's like the other self-help food acquisition Henry does.  It should be expected that kids will both get hungry and thirsty and it's actually good that they want to learn to be independent.  However, that's when responsible parents provide a snack and drink location and say you may have what is on this shelf, in this basket, in this drawer or whatever the designated location is.  That way you can direct them to cut up fruit rather than chips or crackers and provide either pre-poured cups of milk or water or things like juice boxes if you're OK with that.  

Jessa is once again mirroring the Wild West free for all that passes for a Duggar home environment.  She needs to read an actual parenting book, go to a parenting group, or maybe simply talk to someone besides Michelle about parenting.  

• Love 20

There’s  a reason when discarding a refrigerator, the door(s) are supposed to be removed. It’s not impossible to tip a refrigerator. Can a child tip a loaded refrigerator? Could be a long shot , but I wouldn’t take a bet on it either way.

• Useful 3
  • Love 11

Ivy might be able to push open the refrigerator door if she was closed inside, but I wouldn't care to hope for the best and take chances.  I don't understand, really.

• Love 18
(edited)
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Lets just hope Jessa keeps toxic cleaners and knives out of reach. I don't know how these kids can get into so much mischief in a 3 room home.

It’s more tragic, it’s a 2 bedroom home.

When SGirl was Ivy’s age we always had three sippy cups in the refrigerator. One with milk (pink, before she hated the color), one with OJ (orange), and one with water (blue). One time SBaba put the wrong liquid in the wrong color cup, and SGirl refused to drink it. 😂

Edited by SMama
  • Love 11
On 5/31/2021 at 11:20 AM, Scarlett45 said:

Divorce sucks and is painful- but I agree with you all. Good for her for getting out NOW if she knew it wasn’t working than staying another decade and bringing kids into it. Marrying the wrong person isn’t a crime, and divorce doesn’t make you a bad person. 

Yeah, I don’t get these religions that will forgive every possible sin if you repent, but can’t forgive the honest mistake of having married a person who turned out to be a wrong choice. 

• Love 19

At least Ivy's hair was clean, her face was washed, and her dress wasn't covered in food stains from the last 2 days.

Now, if she'd just combine those with an actual schedule, age appropriate activities, and public school her kids might actually have a chance to succeed in life.

• Love 14
10 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Yeah, I don’t get these religions that will forgive every possible sin if you repent, but can’t forgive the honest mistake of having married a person who turned out to be a wrong choice. 

Because God would never send you the wrong person to marry. Or some idiocy like that. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

We used to have a neighbour with a bicycle lock on their fridge.

so Jessa catches Ivy in the fridge with her mouth all over the milk jug and she just stands there filming it while Ivy continues to slop and suck down the milk 🙄

If that’s all the milk they have it’s pathetic,  3 kids and all you have is one small quart of milk??… I notice they have a GIANT jar of pickles!

Jessa should have yanked that fridge door open and told Ivy to stop doing that, she should have told her that it’s bad and if she does it again she’ll be punished but no she just lets Ivy suck down the milk with her mouth all over the container 🤢🤮

I’ve noticed that Spurge is becoming quite the tattletale, I’ve seen a few videos of him rushing to expose whatever Henry or Ivy are doing, he’s a little suck-up always trying to impress Jessa 🙄

• Love 16
1 minute ago, Nysha said:

I think he's a five-year-old who is probably blamed if his younger siblings get into things when Jessa and Ben aren't paying attention. As for trying to impress Jessa, what child doesn't want to impress their parents? The onus is on Jessa if tattling is what gets him the most praise and attention. 

JMO but I think it might be his role, he yanks the fridge door open while Jessa concentrates on her filming

Ive seen it in a few videos and it always seems a little contrived to me.

In the situations I’ve seen there was no chance of him being blamed because Jessa was right there filming and Spurge is either opening the door, lifting the blanket, pulling back the curtain or whatever is required to expose the naughty behaviour while Jessa films it.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Crochetlady said:

Because God would never send you the wrong person to marry. Or some idiocy like that. 

More hypocrisy, because many evangelicals and public figures they support have been divorced, even more than once, and they haven’t seemed to have an issue with it.

3 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

We used to have a neighbour with a bicycle lock on their fridge.

so Jessa catches Ivy in the fridge with her mouth all over the milk jug and she just stands there filming it while Ivy continues to slop and suck down the milk 🙄

If that’s all the milk they have it’s pathetic,  3 kids and all you have is one small quart of milk??… I notice they have a GIANT jar of pickles!

Jessa should have yanked that fridge door open and told Ivy to stop doing that, she should have told her that it’s bad and if she does it again she’ll be punished but no she just lets Ivy suck down the milk with her mouth all over the container 🤢🤮

I’ve noticed that Spurge is becoming quite the tattletale, I’ve seen a few videos of him rushing to expose whatever Henry or Ivy are doing, he’s a little suck-up always trying to impress Jessa 🙄

Well, that’s how Jessa was raised, too. They were encouraged to be tattletales. I wonder if Bin, as the eldest child in his family, also did that.

• Useful 4
  • Love 10

To be fair, a toddler sitting in the fridge pouring milk down her throat is totally a "don't just go about your business -- tell somebody!" kind of situation.

Spurge is a young kid, if he's trying to seek praise from his mom or if he needs his mom's help when his younger siblings are out of control, that's totally normal. What is a problem is that the house is tense and chaotic, the kids are climbing into death traps or digging through the vegetable patch for food, and the 5 year old is the only one we ever see trying to reign it in.

• Love 17
5 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Well, that’s how Jessa was raised, too. They were encouraged to be tattletales. I wonder if Bin, as the eldest child in his family, also did that.

Yes Exactly!… it reminded me of all the times that Jessa was the tattletale and enforcer.

it seems to be part of the Duggar family culture, the “buddy” system.. the “tattletale” .. the “enforcer” 

I’m sure that Spurge enjoys that position because it makes him the “good kid” who helps mom and Jessa treats him more like an equal than one of the little kids.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
44 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jessa wasn't a tattletale. That was Jill. Jessa was definitely the Enforcer, though. Fewer kids? Spurgeon gets to be both. 

Really?  I was sure Jessa was a tattletale.

I’m getting old my memory obviously isn’t what it used to be 😋

• Love 4

I’m sure  they were all ‘tattletales’ bu Jessa and maybe others had something that earned them an additional label. 

And if some one hadn’t ‘tattled’ on Josh who knows what else might have happened that wasn’t ‘above the clothes 😒

• Love 12
10 hours ago, rue721 said:

To be fair, a toddler sitting in the fridge pouring milk down her throat is totally a "don't just go about your business -- tell somebody!" kind of situation.

Spurge is the most responsible adult in the household at this point. I still can't get over that she was INSIDE the fridge. 

• Love 11
34 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

Spurge is the most responsible adult in the household at this point. I still can't get over that she was INSIDE the fridge. 

That reminds me of the story about how Jill would eat her food in the bathroom. I don't like that these kids are "hiding" in order to eat or drink. I don't think any of the Seewald kids are thin or malnourished, but I wonder if Jessa is inadvertently passing along some of the food issues that she or her siblings may have had as children.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

That reminds me of the story about how Jill would eat her food in the bathroom. I don't like that these kids are "hiding" in order to eat or drink. I don't think any of the Seewald kids are thin or malnourished, but I wonder if Jessa is inadvertently passing along some of the food issues that she or her siblings may have had as children.

I'm mostly concerned about the safety of a child being able to open and climb into a fridge. If that happened in my house, I'd have a heart attack and then install a deadbolt. I agree that the Duggars have structure and food issues, but toddlers gonna toddle, and even my two year old who gets structured meals and snacks, will pull out the fridge deli drawer to try and fish out a cheese stick, because she can get the drawer open and she wants to do things on her own. 

• Love 15
17 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

I'm not sure that's completely accurate. I think they were encouraged to tattletale when it came to spiritual and "sinful matters," but I remember an interview That Asshole did years ago (I know, consider the source), and he said that his parents expected the kids to deal with their own disputes and didn't want them running to JB/M with complaints. So if you witness your sister talking to a boy who didn't seek JB's permission first? Run to JB and Michelle with your concern for her spiritual purity. If your toddler brother is about to swan dive off the fridge? Take care of it yourself or tell one of the sister moms.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Even on the show "the Middle", Frankie has a voiceover in one of the episodes where she said something about how the Duggars had it right - let your kids police themselves.

Not sure if that's really a great thing in retrospect, but yeah those kids are all trained to be tattletales.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
On 6/14/2021 at 8:43 PM, Crochetlady said:

My kids never got in the fridge, nor did any of the grandkids. They need discipline and supervision. 

I agree with you but this is Jessa we’re talking about she’s lazy. Also with the best discipline and supervision some things can still go unnoticed especially with toddlers.

On 6/14/2021 at 9:07 PM, NotthebadVictoria said:

I wish she’d open a PO Box. I will happily mail her a brush and some fucking cleaning supplies. 🤮🤮

Lol she would be so offended. 

On 6/14/2021 at 10:22 PM, emmawoodhouse said:

All Jessa learned from this experience was that Ivy had good eye/hand coordination? 

What a mother. 🙄

She was raised by Mother of the year! who let her kids do whatever the hell they wanted e.g the howlers.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

Even on the show "the Middle", Frankie has a voiceover in one of the episodes where she said something about how the Duggars had it right - let your kids police themselves.

Not sure if that's really a great thing in retrospect, but yeah those kids are all trained to be tattletales.

Yes, but by the end of the episode it blew up in their faces. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 6/15/2021 at 6:26 PM, Cinnabon said:

More hypocrisy, because many evangelicals and public figures they support have been divorced, even more than once, and they haven’t seemed to have an issue with it.

"Free will" on the part of the marital transgressor/divorce initiator. 

They don't think of it as "God's marriage partner picker is clearly off", and/or "these people were never suited for each other".

Hence the big push in their own households to stay married no matter what. Fundagelical family member of mine is content to be maritally separated until the end of days, cutting herself off from any chance to remarry, because Jesus.  Even though her husband is a bum, and most likely only refuses to divorce because he wants to get his hands on her Social Security some day, an eventuality which I have pointed out time out of mind, to no avail.

Edited by queenanne

My parents were pretty lax in many ways, but if there was even a small chance of child endangerment, they were extremely protective. Also I seem to recall Mama Temperance teaching me not to drink out of the carton or eat ice cream out of the carton, etc.

Both Jill and Joy have posted pictures of the toddlers climbing on everything. 

On 6/14/2021 at 6:46 PM, GeeGolly said:

Lets just hope Jessa keeps toxic cleaners and knives out of reach. I don't know how these kids can get into so much mischief in a 3 room home.

Not to mention any guns they might have. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5