Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, DoctorWhovian said:

I am not a fan of the maxi jean skirt and (probably because of the Duggars) automatically associate it with the fundy-look. So for fun, I googled "maxi jean skirt" and I was actually surprised at some of the images that came up. Many either had slits or tops the Duggars couldn't wear, but there are quite a few that show they could be worn and look good, and yet I could never imagine the Duggars pulling it off. (To be fair, I doubt I could either)

Some examples:

Long-Denim-font-b-Skirt-b-font-2015-Wome d78b51d7a3f99a5d93ab62106c6fd38d.jpg blue-denim-maxi-urban-outfitters-skirt_4

Wait.  Where is the  mustard sweater?

• Love 4
On 31/03/2017 at 2:39 AM, DoctorWhovian said:

I am not a fan of the maxi jean skirt and (probably because of the Duggars) automatically associate it with the fundy-look. So for fun, I googled "maxi jean skirt" and I was actually surprised at some of the images that came up. Many either had slits or tops the Duggars couldn't wear, but there are quite a few that show they could be worn and look good, and yet I could never imagine the Duggars pulling it off. (To be fair, I doubt I could either)

Some examples:

Long-Denim-font-b-Skirt-b-font-2015-Wome d78b51d7a3f99a5d93ab62106c6fd38d.jpg blue-denim-maxi-urban-outfitters-skirt_4

Denim isn't exactly light. That first skirt looks heavy, and like it would cause a sweaty rash where it's belted.

9 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I don't think the second model is fundie. She looks cute. I'd wear that, but I'm a harlot who shows her knee caps.

You floozy.  I bet you would wear a cute little sun dress and show your shoulders.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, toodles said:

You floozy.  I bet you would wear a cute little sun dress and show your shoulders.

Yes and I wear pants too. I wear about 1/4 of Duggar makeup though, so maybe that cancels out. 

The girl in the other pic had a cute figure.she is deliberately trying to look fundie modest with the approved uniform. Those shoes are atrocious for anyone under 85 though. 

The difference in the Bates girls and everyone e else to me is that they don't look like they're trying to find clothes that prove modesty. They're just modest, so they choose normal clothes that don't show what needs covered and go in about their business. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I am amazed at this infant's ability to already have the Duggar Smug Mug perfected. 

He still looks like grumpy cat to me.

0 0 1 Grumpy.jpg

• Love 3
5 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I am amazed at this infant's ability to already have the Duggar Smug Mug perfected. 

I see him as saying "Yeah, this is my life.  My parents are immature idiots caught up in a cult and my older brother is considered by some to be the most adorable baby ever.  Apparently I must just endure."

• Love 12
17 hours ago, Annb67 said:

Sweet Jesus, that first "model"...bless her

I thought it was Andrea Yates at first. Ironic, of course, considering the Yateses were quiverfull before Andrea killed the children. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Here's Jessa as an infant. I see a resemblance to Henry. And I never realized how much Iz looks like Jill until I saw this pic.

1992family__duggar.jpg

Wow. Jill looks like Izzie. Jessa looks kinda like Henry. 

Most amazing, Jana and JD look happy and eager and impish. Those were the days. 

Michelle looks as if she's about one armload of baby away from falling off the emotional cliff.

And Josh and JB have unmerited smugness and arrogance written all over them. Some things never change. 

• Love 16
10 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

The girl in the other pic had a cute figure.she is deliberately trying to look fundie modest with the approved uniform. Those shoes are atrocious for anyone under 85 though. 

I must be old b/c I was thinking they looked cute and comfortable. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Here's Jessa as an infant. I see a resemblance to Henry. And I never realized how much Iz looks like Jill until I saw this pic.

1992family__duggar.jpg

Wow Josie looks a lot like JD. I never thought any of the kids looked like Michelle, but Jana actually does from below the eyes. Same cheeks, smile, etc. Izzy does look like Jill. The Possum doesn't look quite as crunchy.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

1992family__duggar.jpg

Izzy is a dead ringer for Jill. But that picture makes me sad - they were still halfway normal then. Jana did have lots of spark up until her teenage years, when suddenly the lights went out for her.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, MunichNark said:

Izzy is a dead ringer for Jill. But that picture makes me sad - they were still halfway normal then. Jana did have lots of spark up until her teenage years, when suddenly the lights went out for her.

Izzy does look a lot like Jill did when she was a baby. Smuggs and JD already are showing their male pattern baldness. Smuggs looks smug indeed. Jana looks adorbs. I hate to say this but Boob actually looks rather handsome as a younger man. Then he evolved into the ultimate herp derp and Gothard bot.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I hate to say this but Boob actually looks rather handsome as a younger man.

I was thinking the same thing. He actually looks a lot like Jessa there, especially around the mouth and jaw.

1 hour ago, latetotheparty said:

I look at Josh in this picture and all I see is SLY. 

That's all I see now with Henry. Maybe his slyness will be convincing Aunt Jana to plot an escape for them. 

1 hour ago, latetotheparty said:

That's all I see now with Henry. Maybe his slyness will be convincing Aunt Jana to plot an escape for them. 

(edited)
On 4/1/2017 at 0:01 AM, RazzleberryPie said:

I don't think the second model is fundie. She looks cute. I'd wear that, but I'm a harlot who shows her knee caps.

I could picture NewJinge wearing the whole thing, unless, of course, she is already preggers.

Any of the other skirts in the above pix : if you have to think, "That's a lot of denim", then it's automatically too Fundy.

Oops, Jessa topic: is she really giving fashion advice? That's just not right.

ETA: In that family pic up there ^^^^...is Mullet already pregnant with #6, which would be Jinge?  Also, the Jboys are adorable when little, the girls just OK...then it seems to switch as they get older. Aaaannnnd also: fully celebrating Santa Clausy Xmas back in the day, huh, Duggs?

Edited by drafan
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, latetotheparty said:

It's easy to look back and interpret pictures . All I can think of is how far down the blanket training hell hole  have they been with  these kids  at this point ? Is some sense of rationality still there?

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Triple P said:

Or a rage diary like the one for CSI's Nick (or was it Greg?) on the old TWOP forum.

It was Nick. Hah, I haven't thought of that in ages.

Poor Henry, he's going to grow up having so many things to legitimately rage against, like a lack of proper schooling, but he'll have to keep sweet, and not even know his options.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, drafan said:

I could picture NewJinge wearing the whole thing, unless, of course, she is already preggers.

Any of the other skirts in the above pix : if you have to think, "That's a lot of denim", then it's automatically too Fundy.

Oops, Jessa topic: is she really giving fashion advice? That's just not right.

ETA: In that family pic up there ^^^^...is Mullet already pregnant with #6, which would be Jinge?  Also, the Jboys are adorable when little, the girls just OK...then it seems to switch as they get older. Aaaannnnd also: fully celebrating Santa Clausy Xmas back in the day, huh, Duggs?

I could look up the Duggar bdays but I don't think Michelle is pregnant with Jinger yet, 1. Jessa looks a tad too small (they are 13months a part and she looks like a brand new baby in that photo) and 2. I THINK Jinger's bday is in November/Dec and that's an Xmas shot. She probably became pregnant with Jinger a few weeks after that was taken. 

• Love 1
On 4/1/2017 at 2:16 PM, Churchhoney said:

Wow. Jill looks like Izzie. Jessa looks kinda like Henry. 

Most amazing, Jana and JD look happy and eager and impish. Those were the days. 

Michelle looks as if she's about one armload of baby away from falling off the emotional cliff.

And Josh and JB have unmerited smugness and arrogance written all over them. Some things never change. 

Michelle looks like she is grinding her teeth.  If I had her effed up life I would have ground them to stubs.

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

It's Izzy's birthday, but I posted this here because Spurgey is so cute. 

Spurg really is adorable.  I'm glad they are leaving his curls for now.  The Duggar boys had the slicked back hair at an early age.

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

23 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

For some reason I don't see a father with his son in that video. I see Ben & Spurgeon.

24 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

For some reason I don't see a father with his son in that video. I see Ben & Spurgeon.

I see two of Jessa's three boys.

• Love 5
On 4/7/2017 at 8:56 PM, Barb23 said:

Are those books in the background?

They can't possibly be books. Books are supposed to be kept in the bedroom closet. Your eyes are playing tricks on you.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Booey said:

They can't possibly be books. Books are supposed to be kept in the bedroom closet. Your eyes are playing tricks on you.

Seems Ben's books are out of the closet! 

(no way I could resist)

• Love 12
18 hours ago, Booey said:

Remember when Smugs & Anna had a marked storage box of money in the closet when they lived in the Mold House?

12 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

Remember when Smugs & Anna had a marked storage box of money in the closet when they lived in the Mold House?

I doubt it was cash money; I think it was just a record of financial records done in cash. 

• Love 1