Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

27 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Thank heavens she tweets, so I can see the pics. THE CHIN IS ALL JESSA! Holy shit. What baby has such a pronounced chin before it's two months old???

Actually, my cousin's kid did! My cousin and her bio half-sister both have very prominent cleft chins. M's daughter had it at birth. They're like Jay Leno but with a cleft chin (or a face ass, as Chandler called it). 

So, a round-faced Ben with Jessa's chin? I'm kinda like that, and my face looks huge even when I'm skinny. Poor kid. 

And where are all the girly movies while basketball is going on? I'm watching the hoops, but I know I'm an outlier. :)

Edited by Sew Sumi
27 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

@Arwen Evenstar If you're willing to shell out a few bucks, you can rent it. I don't see it on any listing out for a few days. Not willing to search further. BUT IT'S WORTH EVERY PENNY! 

It certainly is!  If you've got Netflix, it's available there.

• Love 1
On 24/03/2017 at 7:34 AM, Mollie said:

There are several curious things about that situation of Jim Bob and Michelle getting guardianship of Tyler.  For one thing, they got him because they told the court that Tyler's mother, Michelle's niece Rachel Hutchins, was homeless.  Why didn't they take the 23-year-old mother into their home, too?

Rachel, who had the 8-year-old boy as an unmarried teenager, was also in trouble with the law.  What did she do?  She got a felony conviction for breaking and entering a business and stealing a small pocket knife and $2 in change.  What was the business?  A towing company.  By coincidence, John David owns Duggar Towing, which is in the warehouse facility on Jim Bob's property next to the Duggar home.  Can you imagine any business pursuing felony charges for a $2 theft?  Only one with ulterior motives.  Jim Bob and Michelle used this against Rachel in court to prove that she was an unfit mother.  Rachel is on a three-year probation for the crime.

Tyler was living with his grandmother, Michelle's sister Carolyn.  Carolyn had a stroke and could no longer care for him, so Jim Bob and Michelle stepped in.  They wanted to adopt him but only got temporary guardianship.

0 0 1 Rachel 2.jpg

0 0 1 Rachel.png

I'm sure the grandma (pre stroke) would have agreed to have her daughter live with her if it was workable. I suspect the reason why the boy lived with grandma and why the mom did not is also the reason why the boy now lives with the Duggars and the mom does not. 

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, awaken said:

That baby looks like no one to me!  Just himself. Time will tell I guess. 

I predict he'll magically end up looking like Boob. 

Just like everybody else. 

Also -- there's a horror movie hidden somewhere in that concept, probably. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

I'm sure the grandma (pre stroke) would have agreed to have her daughter live with her if it was workable. I suspect the reason why the boy lived with grandma and why the mom did not is also the reason why the boy now lives with the Duggars and the mom does not. 

Yeah, I hate that the child is living with the Duggars and think there are suspect motives at play,  but I'm not going to judge them not for taking in his mother, not without knowing all the details. She sounds like a hot mess and typically bringing someone like that into your home does not end well. There are a lot of scenarios where I would take in the child of a relative but the kid's parent(s) would not be welcome until I was convinced they were getting their shit together.

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Is it possible for a month old baby to already have developed a Duggar Smug Countenance?

Yes, but the rest of the Duggars give that countenance to the rest of the world for being inferior to them; I'd like to think H. Wilburforce is making that face to his mom... I took it more as a "get me out of this family" grimace.

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Yes, but the rest of the Duggars give that countenance to the rest of the world for being inferior to them; I'd like to think H. Wilburforce is making that face to his mom... I took it more as a "get me out of this family" grimace.

I'm rooting for this kid and hope he has a good life, because the TLC $$ is going to be long gone when he grows up, but dang. That's a Josh Face if I've ever seen one. Maybe he's just really smug that he's about to let out a huge poop. 

• Love 7

Does he have really bad gas all the time or something? I've never seen a more uncomfortable looking baby.

In every picture I've seen, he looks like he's uncomfortable or outright in pain.

• Love 4

I imagine the very idea of living with the Duggars would make most people choose rehab instead. Listening to the helium voice of Xanaxia and watching her being mauled by Boob -- just that alone would send me running for the hills.

Besides, Tyler's mom would have likely been too much of a negative influence and too hard for Boob to control. 

Cousin Famy was regarded as a bad influence for far less.

Just occurred to me that "and Tyler" maybe should be added to the Howler topic?

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, rue721 said:

Does he have really bad gas all the time or something? I've never seen a more uncomfortable looking baby.

In every picture I've seen, he looks like he's uncomfortable or outright in pain.

Maybe it's because people keep saying things to him like "Henry Wilberforce."

• Love 9
12 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Thanks all...yes.. I do have Netflix.  Thinking of dropping it. We don't watch it much. Guess I better watch it fast.

It's on Amazon Prime, if you have that and miss your Netflix deadline.

36 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I hope he presents Jessa with many an angry diaper for calling him Wilberforce.

And wait until later, when poor old Spurgie introduces his little brother as "Wilberforce" every time he gets a chance. 

I think giving Henry only the crazy middle name while awarding Spurgeon the WORST FIRST NAME EVER is asking for a lifetime of Spurge-initiated battles. I know I'd resent the heck out of kids in the family with halfway normal names, if I were Spurgie. (who can't even produce a nickname that's less than absolutely horrible....child sounds like a disgusting disease symptom, no matter whether you use Spurgeon, Spurgie or Spurge.)

• Love 6
2 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Is it possible for a month old baby to already have developed a Duggar Smug Countenance?

Sad baby looks like figure skater Scott Hamilton.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, rue721 said:

Maybe if they didn't zip his sleeper up to his no neck chubby face he would look a little more comfortable. 

• Love 4
19 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Thank heavens she tweets, so I can see the pics. THE CHIN IS ALL JESSA! Holy shit. What baby has such a pronounced chin before it's two months old???

Damn, that baby's face/head is HUGE!  The chin just looks like a big cyst or something.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

Damn, that baby's face/head is HUGE!  The chin just looks like a big cyst or something.

I think the baby looks perfectly fine, a little fat (I guess I'm fat shaming a baby). I see a baby who's going back to sleep, and please Do Not Disturb.   

this is a cyst:

Spoiler

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I imagine the very idea of living with the Duggars would make most people choose rehab instead. Listening to the helium voice of Xanaxia and watching her being mauled by Boob -- just that alone would send me running for the hills.

Besides, Tyler's mom would have likely been too much of a negative influence and too hard for Boob to control. 

Cousin Famy was regarded as a bad influence for far less.

Just occurred to me that "and Tyler" maybe should be added to the Howler topic?

They didn't take her into their home for one reason...she had a child out of wedlock and that's the worst sin someone can commit in their dysfunctional view of the world.  

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

I think the baby looks perfectly fine, a little fat (I guess I'm fat shaming a baby). I see a baby who's going back to sleep, and please Do Not Disturb.   

this is a cyst:

Reveal hidden contents

I think he looks fine physically, too. He's a chubby infant, but that's no sign of anything out of the ordinary. 

It does crack me up that the Duggar Smug Mug appears to be so innate, that a one month old INFANT has already mastered it. 

54 minutes ago, cdp73 said:

They didn't take her into their home for one reason...she had a child out of wedlock and that's the worst sin someone can commit in their dysfunctional view of the world.  

This. If they'd taken her in, she would've spent 24/7 trying to seduce Jimb Bob or Josh. *VOMIT* Because no woman can resist flaunting herself before their manliness. If he can't handle a waitress who is being paid to ask him if he wants some onion rings, how on earth could he handle an actual woman in his own household who has had premarital sex AND no headship. *VOMIT AGAIN* She's clearly a rebellious harlot. He probably would have shamed the innocent baby, too.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, cdp73 said:

like Jim Bob's sister Terry

• Love 1

I'm guessing by the time Hank is 6 months old Jessa will decide to nurse until he is much older to try and avoid another pregnancy. Reality is probably already setting in; two is much harder than one.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I hope he presents Jessa with many an angry diaper for calling him Wilberforce.

Ben changes the diapers.  And seriously, Jessa has one word to say about sad baby?  Henry.  That is it. When she goes on and on about how wonderful it is to have Spurge?  Obviously not her favorite.  She likes the "pretty babies, just like meeee."

• Love 9
12 hours ago, sheshark said:

Ben changes the diapers.  And seriously, Jessa has one word to say about sad baby?  Henry.  That is it. When she goes on and on about how wonderful it is to have Spurge?  Obviously not her favorite.  She likes the "pretty babies, just like meeee."

Well, Ben wanted that name, so let him deal with the angry diapers.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

this is a cyst:

Reveal hidden contents

And there goes lunch... ?

• Love 1

Jessa's got herself a speaking engagement about being fashionably modest. It's not cheap; I wonder how much they're paying her? No husbands or children under 9 allowed. That won't stop her from putting Ben and her kids onstage with her, like the Southern Women's shows. 

https://proverbs31.godaddysites.com

This is the week after Ben's speech with Voddie Baucham and Friends. Two Saturdays that Joy won't be getting married.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jessa's got herself a speaking engagement about being fashionably modest. No husbands or children under 9 allowed. That won't stop her from putting Ben and her kids onstage with her, like the Southern Women's shows. 

https://proverbs31.godaddysites.com

Sorry, but I've never seen Jessa wear anything that could be remotely considered "fashionable."  

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

From the website: ' Come hear first hand why Jessa has taken the road to modest living, while being directed by Gods word.'  So, the 'road to modest living' is paved with duck lipped selfies and belly button popping maternity tops? Interesting. 

You forgot to mention the dirty, bare feet and un-modest swimwear.

0 0 1 bathing.jpg

4 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Idk if it's just the lighting but he still looks yellow to me. 

I was thinking the same. He has that weird orangey-yellow Trump skintone. I'm hoping it's just bad lighting. 

Regarding Jessa, excuse me while I puke at the thought of her giving a seminar on "fashionable modesty." That woman is neither fashionable nor modest. They should have hired Alyssa or Erin Bates to give a lecture on how to look cute without all your cash and prizes hanging out.

• Love 18
36 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I was thinking the same. He has that weird orangey-yellow Trump skintone. I'm hoping it's just bad lighting. 

Regarding Jessa, excuse me while I puke at the thought of her giving a seminar on "fashionable modesty." That woman is neither fashionable nor modest. They should have hired Alyssa or Erin Bates to give a lecture on how to look cute without all your cash and prizes hanging out.

Jinger would've been a better fashionably modest choice.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Mollie said:

Sorry, but I've never seen Jessa wear anything that could be remotely considered "fashionable."  

My thoughts, precisely! She's only a smidge less frumpy than Jill most of the time. And when she's knocked up, like @doodlebug said, she's thrusting out her bump in cheap size 2 tees, immodestly showing off every curve of her boobs and protruding belly button. 

• Love 15
9 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

My thoughts, precisely! She's only a smidge less frumpy than Jill most of the time. And when she's knocked up, like @doodlebug said, she's thrusting out her bump in cheap size 2 tees, immodestly showing off every curve of her boobs and protruding belly button. 

0 0 1 bathing.jpg

• Love 5
18 hours ago, sheshark said:

And seriously, Jessa has one word to say about sad baby?  Henry.  That is it. When she goes on and on about how wonderful it is to have Spurge?  Obviously not her favorite.  She likes the "pretty babies, just like meeee."

Poor little grump. He's in for a future of "why can't you be more like your brother?"

• Love 3