Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

I have mentioned this I am sure but I program student events at a University and occasionally I deal with the religious orgs on campus.  We had Nick Vujucic last fall for example in one of our rooms (I got to see Steadman Graham in person!  WAY hotter in person if that is possible!).  We also have a pro life group on campus who occasionally brings in speakers.  SOOOO this gave me a reason to contact Blessa's booking agent.  Apparently she doesn't have a set price, but for us to bring her it would be $15K plus transportation etc.  I imagine I could negotiate the price a bit but holy smokes that is MUCH more than I thought it would be and much more than I think a speaker of this ilk should cost.  People who have actually done something with their lives have asked for much less of a speaking fee.  She wouldn't be my cuppa but if there were an audience for her topics (some of our groups may actually dig her) I would present this to them as a viable option since funding is available.  But there is no way they would/should pay that much.  I am not sure she would like being here though.  We have a very active LGBTQ student population as well as their allies so I imagine glitter would happen.  Although I am VERY liberal I love having controversial speakers in my venue.  Spices things up a bit.  

• Love 21
38 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I have mentioned this I am sure but I program student events at a University and occasionally I deal with the religious orgs on campus.  We had Nick Vujucic last fall for example in one of our rooms (I got to see Steadman Graham in person!  WAY hotter in person if that is possible!).  We also have a pro life group on campus who occasionally brings in speakers.  SOOOO this gave me a reason to contact Blessa's booking agent.  Apparently she doesn't have a set price, but for us to bring her it would be $15K plus transportation etc.  I imagine I could negotiate the price a bit but holy smokes that is MUCH more than I thought it would be and much more than I think a speaker of this ilk should cost.  People who have actually done something with their lives have asked for much less of a speaking fee.  She wouldn't be my cuppa but if there were an audience for her topics (some of our groups may actually dig her) I would present this to them as a viable option since funding is available.  But there is no way they would/should pay that much.  I am not sure she would like being here though.  We have a very active LGBTQ student population as well as their allies so I imagine glitter would happen.  Although I am VERY liberal I love having controversial speakers in my venue.  Spices things up a bit.  

Holy shit!

• Love 3
Just now, Natalie68 said:

RIGHT!?  I nearly spit out my drink when I read the quote.  That's a lot of green for an uneducated rube.  

Like really, $15K to hear Jessa answer prescreened questions?! 

• Love 17
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

Like really, $15K to hear Jessa answer prescreened questions?! 

It would be worth it IF I could stack the audience with y'all to ask REAL questions.  Being venue manager has some perks right??

Edited by Natalie68
  • Love 19
Just now, Sew Sumi said:

I wonder if that church in Ohio is paying her that fee to speak on being Fashionably Modest. Should have hired Jana for that gig, but it looks like Jessa has agented up. 

Probably if not more.  I would think that a church may not have as much experience negotiating for speakers etc or even think they can.   Its amazing what people ask for and what you can end up paying at the end.  We had a DJ who had HUGE name recognition in the younger set (or the set that reads Perez Hilton) who asked for 12K and we got the price to 5K.  We also never pay for travel expenses.  

Jessa better step up her game.  Based on her clothing choices in the above pics she is not Fashionably Modest.  Modest yes, fashionable?  Nah.

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I wonder if that church in Ohio is paying her that fee to speak on being Fashionably Modest. Should have hired Jana for that gig, but it looks like Jessa has agented up. 

I'm pretty sure that's not a one-church event, though. A lot of evidence online indicates that that church has an aging, leaking congregation and that the group sponsoring her talk isn't actually part of the church but using that particular church as its venue, probably because of its large size and big parking lot. Looks to me as if it's a women's group that covers several or even many churches in the area and they're renting that particular church's venue because it's really big and the church doesn't have many members any more and can use every little bit of cash they can get. So if it's more of a regional thing then the price gets spread around more ..................

Plus, she does non-church events, too. And I know that a lot of speakers do vary their fees depending on the nature of the group they're speaking to. The agency would obviously list the highest fee because you don't want to surprise anybody with that -- but that would really be the fee for a for-profit entity, while nonprofits would tend get a break. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Jana is much better looking, IMO.

image.jpeg

Much much better looking. Jessa's mouth is so big compared to the rest of her face that she looks a bit like a caricature. And her smile also looks forced and stiff -- to me, anyway -- probably because she's just not very comfortable in public. Jana's face is more in proportion and is way more relaxed. 

• Love 7
44 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Jana is much better looking, IMO.

image.jpeg

Yes, but Jana just can't give up those horrid Gothard Approved banana curls.

51 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Jessa's not even noticably modest anymore.  She no longer wears her modesty undershirts and her tops have been scooping lower.

• Love 1

On the one hand, my sense of priorities finds $15K for such nonsense infuriating. But on the other? If people are stupid enough to pony up $15K to hear D-list reality TV fundie speak about nothing, I am all for Jessa getting that money, and if I had a different personality and skillset (lol at the idea of Jessa having a skillset) I'd be all over that. She's not scamming anyone like Jill and Derrick are; people paying her that money know exactly what they're getting and I'm a big fan of fools being parted from their money in an honest way. 

• Love 14

$15K? The fall will be epic, and that right soon. When she's got 6 kids, no home she actually owns, and idiot husband, no tv show, and really, really needs the latest iphone but can't afford it, I'll consider justice served.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Well, they're charging $20-25 a pop to see her.  If they were paying Jessa $15,000; they would have to get a crowd of at least 600-750 just to pay her.  Then, figuring in rental for the building, security, the luncheon they're serving, set-up and other assorted stuff; they'd probably need twice that to just break even.  I just don't see Jessa, at this stage of the game, being able to draw 1500 paying customers to hear her speak. 

Of course, PT Barnum said 'there's a sucker born every minute'.

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Well, they're charging $20-25 a pop to see her.  If they were paying Jessa $15,000; they would have to get a crowd of at least 600-750 just to pay her.  Then, figuring in rental for the building, security, the luncheon they're serving, set-up and other assorted stuff; they'd probably need twice that to just break even.  I just don't see Jessa, at this stage of the game, being able to draw 1500 paying customers to hear her speak. 

Of course, PT Barnum said 'there's a sucker born every minute'.

I told the agent our event would be free hoping they would drop the price but nope.  Crazy.  I guess I don't blame them for asking for the money.  How else are these squids going to support themselves when the gravy train ends?  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Probably if not more.  I would think that a church may not have as much experience negotiating for speakers etc or even think they can.   Its amazing what people ask for and what you can end up paying at the end.  We had a DJ who had HUGE name recognition in the younger set (or the set that reads Perez Hilton) who asked for 12K and we got the price to 5K.  We also never pay for travel expenses.  

Yeah, i was gonna say, I remember this colloquial wisdom, "They can ask.  You don't have to meet "the ask", and in fact few do."  Probably in reference to some jaw-dropping egotistical-seeming quote from some "American Idol" also-ran, based upon my TV viewing habits...

ps.  Who greenlit the above Silos picture without cropping out the guy's random disembodied arm??  They've got no sense of composition...

Edited by queenanne
  • Love 4

No agent lists your low-end fee, though. They list your top fee or else you'd never get that fee from anyone. ...........

It's one thing to negotiate with a speaker who's highly sought after. They don't need you. Even if they don't get another job for the day you offer, they'll have one in a week or two

.....But how many of these engagements has Jessa actually had? If I offer her $6000 instead of the $15,000, how easy will it be for her to walk away, when the last paid speaking engagement she had was ... when? a year ago? more? When can she expect to get another $6000 or $7000? Even a delusional Duggar must know that it'll be a while. And if she turns down your offer because she doesn't like the pay then that means she has even less exposure and less work as a speaker on her resume. .... Which will only make it harder for her to land the next gig.

I'm sure you could talk her down to something well below $15,000.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

No agent lists your low-end fee, though. They list your top fee or else you'd never get that fee from anyone. ...........

It's one thing to negotiate with a speaker who's highly sought after. They don't need you. Even if they don't get another job for the day you offer, they'll have one in a week or two

.....But how many of these engagements has Jessa actually had? If I offer her $6000 instead of the $15,000, how easy will it be for her to walk away, when the last paid speaking engagement she had was ... when? a year ago? more? When can she expect to get another $6000 or $7000? Even a delusional Duggar must know that it'll be a while. And if she turns down your offer because she doesn't like the pay then that means she has even less exposure and less work as a speaker on her resume. .... Which will only make it harder for land the next gig.

I'm sure you could talk her down to something well below $15,000.

I think so too.  It is just way too much for someone of her caliber.  I could see 3K.  Tops.

• Love 4

Let's suppose your school is willing to pay Jessa her asking price. Do you think she'd actually speak at a college? She'd get eaten alive. And heck yeah, I'd show up to heckle her! 

• Love 2

Jessa would probably only speak at rinky dink non-accredited Christian colleges, no matter what a real college/university offered her. I'd pay a nominal fee to see her speak at my alma mater, a part of which is replicated in my avatar; it's the campanile at UC Berkeley at sunset, looking towards the Golden Gate Bridge. You can literally stand at the Campanile and take a picture of the bridge if the weather cooperates. 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

I guess Anna did her hair. 

Shes got knees too!

C9PyMV-UMAALMFd.jpg

Jana looks like she could be heading to the office in her outfit. In comparison, Jessa looks like she's dressed for a bad Casual Friday. 

• Love 4
59 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

Jana looks like she could be heading to the office in her outfit. In comparison, Jessa looks like she's dressed for a bad Casual Friday. 

Sadly, Jana never will be headed to the office in her outfit. She'll only ever be headed for poop and spitup duty with somebody else's baby, whose very very Christian parents will neither pay her for her work nor appreciate it. Or, eventually, I suppose, poop and spitup duty with her cruel and evil parents.

Huh. Where's Jere-Meeee? Don't tell me he's off doing something on behalf of  his congregation. That'd be a first.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Huh. Where's Jere-Meeee? Don't tell me he's off doing something on behalf of  his congregation. That'd be a first.

Jeremy was there, too.  I posted the picture on their thread.  It was more important to him to take another 3-day vacation than to pastor his flock.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Call JRod.  I'm sure she'll give  you a deal.  Probably if you sign up as a Plexus Ambassador, she'll do it for free!!  And you get the bonus of the caterwalling kids!!  I'd love to see her answer a few unscreened questions!

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, Mollie said:

Jeremy was there, too.  I posted the picture on their thread.  It was more important to him to take another 3-day vacation than to pastor his flock.

All I can say is, he sure has a lot of faith that this tv show is going to be a long-term go. Because it seems as if he's pinning all his hopes for turning a tiny-church job into a megachurch job on getting exposure with the Duggs. If I were in his congregation, I would have no respect for him if I saw this going on. And I doubt I'm the only one who'd feel that way.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

.....But how many of these engagements has Jessa actually had?

This makes me wonder if maybe she does a lot more speaking engagements than we know. Not for $15K a pop, of course, but I've long suspected that the Duggars take part in a lot of shit that would turn off even their most ardent leghumpers. Considering their religion, politics, and where they live, I wouldn't be surprised if there's some underground groups that pay to hear them speak. Or maybe it's not even all nefarious groups...there could be fundies/conservatives with money willing to pay them to attend their weddings and such because their daughters are huge fans.

8 hours ago, Beaner said:

Let's suppose your school is willing to pay Jessa her asking price. Do you think she'd actually speak at a college? She'd get eaten alive. And heck yeah, I'd show up to heckle her! 

We're talking about the girl who had Ben's relatives tell extended family members that they were not to ask her anything about Josh (this was, iirc, shortly after Scandal the First at a holiday dinner)--there's no way Jessa would even consider speaking at a non-fundie college.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

I guess Anna did her hair. 

Shes got knees too!

C9PyMV-UMAALMFd.jpg

Why does that idiot famewhore Sierra always do the "head forward and tilted" thing? It makes her look even dumber than she is. Also, Ben looks stupid. 

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, Anonymousie said:

Why does that idiot famewhore Sierra always do the "head forward and tilted" thing? It makes her look even dumber than she is. Also, Ben looks stupid. 

Stupid is his default position from what I've seen.

• Love 10

I REALLY hate Jessa's sandals. They are unflattering. Her outfit is black & gray and the sandals are brown.  Normally, who cares?  But if you're pimping yourself as a Modesty Spokesperson, maybe find better sandals for an outfit that you're gonna post all over social media. 

• Love 8

I think Jana and Jinger look nice. The rest of them look like they dressed in whatever they could grab out of the dirty clothes hamper.

Did Anna not warrant an invite? I thought she and the Duggar girls were soooo close?

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I think Jana and Jinger look nice. The rest of them look like they dressed in whatever they could grab out of the dirty clothes hamper.

Did Anna not warrant an invite? I thought she and the Duggar girls were soooo close?

It's possible Anna was there and not photographed due to Vile Josh. 

Or maybe a fifth baby is a rough pregnancy and she would rather stay home.

Or the Duggar sisters needed their toilets cleaned and Anna graciously offered to do it! 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Anna can't leave Josh at home, unsupervised, and nobody wanted Josh and his four kids to come with them.

• Love 11

Josh is a party pooper.

Anytime he is around, they can't post pictures to social media, take pictures with fans etc. 

Only Jim Bob allows Josh to attend HIS vacations.  When Jim Bob is not in charge, the kidults dump Josh. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

This gets you invited to give paid public addresses on fashion, however.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 10
9 hours ago, Marigold said:

I REALLY hate Jessa's sandals. They are unflattering. Her outfit is black & gray and the sandals are brown.  Normally, who cares?  But if you're pimping yourself as a Modesty Spokesperson, maybe find better sandals for an outfit that you're gonna post all over social media. 

I hate them too!!! Aren't the sandals the same ones she got from Famous Footwear for Jill's wedding? You would think as much as she wears them they would be ready to be tossed.

• Love 3