Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

33 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Here are some modest pics

CwMdBE5KXRoIBEBLAAoaDB0aBlwdABddFREMBwURScreen+Shot+2017-01-08+at+1.56.23+PM.png

And here are some fashion forward pics

398d234c92c4d46deb9ff8517bc0be68.jpg4139abe3a27eb6c28a34486b4fd9d4e4.jpg

@Mollie beat me to the turkey button pic. :)

Good grief. I'm the very opposite of a clothes horse and old to boot, and I'm still about 100 times more fashionable than Jessa. And more modest. Never did a swayback ducklips stretched-too-tight-over-the-boobs photo in my life. They should have invited me. Or any one of millions of other women. Geez. 

Come to think of it, I recall only a handful of Jessa photos, ever, in which she doesn't look like hell. As always with the Duggars, people enthusiastically take them at their own valuation. 

Edited by Churchhoney
because it's "boobs" and not "bobs." Although I suppose they are, in some sense, still "bob's." Since he owns the house.
  • Love 7

' Come hear first hand why Jessa has taken the road to modest living, while being directed by Gods word. If you're lucky, you'll be able to clearly make out an areola, navel, or cameltoe!'

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Mollie said:

This blog post talks about how Josie Bates is attending cosmetology school. Since this is Jessa's thread, I am going to lament once again how the Duggars really, really missed the boat by not letting Jessa (or any of the older girls) attend cosmetology school. They could have made a MINT doing hair and makeup for their various leghumpers' weddings with Jinger taking the wedding photos to boot. Hell, Derrick could have taken care of the books and JD could have flown them around the country to various wedding locales. It could have been an FU internet of epic proportions, brought in steady money, provided interesting storylines, given makeup and hair companies a good reason to let them use the products for free/have them endorse, and given Jessa something to do besides pop out kids.

• Love 21

I think Jessa generally dresses up well for special occasions (or used to pre-babies) but for everyday? Nope. She doesn't even put any effort for professional photo shoots.  I actually don't mind her pregnancy outfits much...the body hugging stuff is pretty standard for pregnancy these days and, well, pregnant. Yeah it's beautiful and all but the "IMMODEST!" stuff was always weird to me in light of...pregnant. She clearly got this gig because of her looks from the neck up. A pretty face blinds people to a lot, even frumpy fashion, apparently.

I'm trying to think which among them would be better. I guess Jana dresses pretty well. Jinger? But I have the opposite problem with her that those event organizers have with Jessa--her hair and makeup is so god awful that it's all I see with her, though she did look very pretty on her honeymoon apart form her snideness. 

(P.S. Duck lips is something people with thin lips do to make them look fuller. Jessa has lips, so she doesn't duck face. She's just existing with full lips.) 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, lascuba said:

(P.S. Duck lips is something people with thin lips do to make them look fuller. Jessa has lips, so she doesn't duck face. She's just existing with full lips.) 

Whatever Jess is doing with her lips, I find it vain & annoying.

• Love 14
13 hours ago, lascuba said:

I think Jessa generally dresses up well for special occasions (or used to pre-babies) but for everyday? Nope. She doesn't even put any effort for professional photo shoots. 

I find this really odd

Especially for somebody who thinks she's a fashionista and may even harbor ambitions of having some kind of fundie lifestyle brand. 

Although I suppose it could just be more evidence of how their insularity makes them dense and clueless.

• Love 9

Which is why Benessa are compelled to remind the unwashed masses, some fellow Christians, that they're doomed to eternal hellfire unless they REPENT! ON THEIR KNEES! SINNERS, ALL! 

Of course, Benessa are above all that. 

Although I suppose it could just be more evidence of how their insularity makes them dense and clueless.

"But I'm 'The Hot One'! You have to be automatically attracted to me!" Also, I found this pic. It took me a minute to realize it wasn't a faceswap.

87b61390a1d0ecf03ed4ed2488ce310a.jpg

I feel if any of the J girls wore the outfit below it somehow would not look like it does on this woman. There is something about the way they wear, or adjust clothing that changes the look. Never mind that not one of them would pick something like this. Maybe because it does not scream FUNDY. Besides jean skirts, what is it that they do to their clothes that frumps them up so much?

5b5b8247326dfa0f0fc045421947ae11.jpg

• Love 1

I could see Jinger wearing that (hell, I'd wear it if the skirt was knee-length...maxis not are a good look on shorties like me). She likes prints and cardigans, far more than the others. Jessa and Jill's foray into prints extends pretty much to those striped yoga skirts. That said, I almost didn't recognize Jessa's godawful rose floral shirt that she wore to her baby shower under a godawful mustard cardigan when she later wore it when she wasn't pregnant or minimally so. It was essentially sleeveless. Frankly, Jessa should stick to solids. She looked really out of her element in the polka dot dress she wore when Ben proposed. And apparently left the dress in the communal closet....the dress Joy wore in the "formal" portrait with what's his name looks suspiciously similar (and she's lost a ton of weight, so it might actually fit her).

But one has to wonder how many sleeveless tops they're hiding under those infernal cardis? And do they doff the sweaters when they know they aren't under public scrutiny?

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3
58 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Besides jean skirts, what is it that they do to their clothes that frumps them up so much?

That's a good question. It's as though they take the standard of certain body parts not being seen to all of them not being seen. Solids, not prints. Neutrals, not bright colors (mustard and lime green aside). Little accessorizing. They lost points on the scarves since every single one of them was wearing a scarf every single time. 

• Love 1

I disagree somewhat about the prints. Some people just look like shit in them. I am petite, and if I do prints, they either have to be geometrical (I actually have a geoprint maxi that doesn't swallow me), or small. And small is usually flowers or polka dots. Too old lady for these girls now that they've seen a bit of the real world, Jessa's awful old-lady rose print monstrosity aside. That one shirt demonstrates why she SHOULDN'T be on a stage talking about modern modest or whatever the hell they're calling it these days. 

Was it said here that they should have invited the Bates girls? Alyssa, especially, but Erin if you want to keep to skirts only. Tori if you want sporty, Carlin if you're just super casual. If Carlin or Tori wore jeans, they'd look just like me. Both of them look like fish out of water when they wear dresses. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I feel if any of the J girls wore the outfit below it somehow would not look like it does on this woman. There is something about the way they wear, or adjust clothing that changes the look. Never mind that not one of them would pick something like this. Maybe because it does not scream FUNDY. Besides jean skirts, what is it that they do to their clothes that frumps them up so much?

Maybe it's a matter of presence or something. Because you're right, they often wear outfits that on a hanger I think would like fine but on them it's boring at best, sloppy at worst.  Sure it happens to everyone...the same outfit could look great on one person and totally awful on another with the same body type. But the Duggars just can't pull off a whole range of outfits. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I think it is a combination of poorly fitting bras and bad shoes.  They don't know how to put proper footwear with a given look. 

• Love 3

I think just BECAUSE the J girls grew up in silly prairie dresses and skirts, they've been so physically hampered.  So they get no serious exercise and even though they're all thin, they are also doughy, especially some of their calves, Jinger aside. Being physically fit means your clothes hang on you better.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, louannems said:

I think just BECAUSE the J girls grew up in silly prairie dresses and skirts, they've been so physically hampered.  So they get no serious exercise and even though they're all thin, they are also doughy, especially some of their calves, Jinger aside. Being physically fit means your clothes hang on you better.

This, and they're all pear shaped except Joy. She's busty. The rest look like out of shape middle aged women. Poor posture, dowdy length denim skirts, combined with either flip flops or flat ballet shoes just look frumpy. Plus when they only bargain shopped at Goodwill or whatever, how many of the clothes had already lost their shape or structure?

• Love 6
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Maybe because it does not scream FUNDY. Besides jean skirts, what is it that they do to their clothes that frumps them up so much?

Because everyone knows what Fundy misery fashion looks like. They can be spotted in a gaggle over a mile away. Nobody else wears that type of denim skirts much anymore, and there is the countenance framing, hot mess of banana curls and hair fried by too many hot tools.  Feet are typically shod in busted flip flops or cross training shoes bought at Goodwill.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, JoanArc said:

"But I'm 'The Hot One'! You have to be automatically attracted to me!" Also, I found this pic. It took me a minute to realize it wasn't a faceswap.

Horrors!  Jess's looks like the bride of Chucky, and Jill looks to be wearing a clown wig. Bin is just along for the ride. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Catfin said:

I think it is a combination of poorly fitting bras and bad shoes.  They don't know how to put proper footwear with a given look. 

The model is wearing flip flops. This should be in their wheelhouse....IF they really knew how to dress "modern modest." I mean, come ON. 

Truth is, the three oldest girls would put a modesty panel on this to cover their feet (maybe they really knew something?), and Jinger would wear some strappy sandals (probably too young and not blond, or long-haired) enough for Gothard. Jessa MIGHT have escaped Gothard's clutches by being olive-skinned, but I have a feeling that she was also shamed for her good looks at those camps (she went more than once). 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, louannems said:

Funny, while I was looking at that older picture yesterday, where they still dressed up like some weird Farm on the Prarie throwback,I was thinking that they did look tidy and clean. Now they all look dirty, unwashed, uncared, messy, frumpy........those weird dresses are certainly odd but they never had that messy look then.

They just can't seem to find a proper dress sense at all. Except perhaps Jinger hopefully. Look at Meeeechelle in her horrible witches shoes, THAT skirt and THAT blouse.

There are few people who always get it right and I've had my fair share of "WHAT did I think", but that entire family just doesn't have a clue. About anything.

• Love 8
12 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Whoa Jill!!. Bless....her...heart

• Love 7
13 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I've posted about this before that something is just off in the way the Duggar girls wear things, fundy or not. You could put the Duggar gals in same clothing as the Bateses, even if it's just a t-shirt & jean skirt, and the Bateses will come out the winners each time.  Someone suggested maybe  it's the personality that shines thru better in the Bateses & I agree that's a part of it.  

Benny looks so young in the picture of him wearing the wrinkled plaid shirt.  Must have been taken soon after they started courting.  I also noticed Jana had sewn a white modesty strip at the bottom of Jessa's khaki skirt in same picture.  I guess to cover up those knees. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

The model is wearing flip flops. This should be in their wheelhouse....IF they really knew how to dress "modern modest." I mean, come ON. 

Truth is, the three oldest girls would put a modesty panel on this to cover their feet (maybe they really knew something?), and Jinger would wear some strappy sandals (probably too young and not blond, or long-haired) enough for Gothard. Jessa MIGHT have escaped Gothard's clutches by being olive-skinned, but I have a feeling that she was also shamed for her good looks at those camps (she went more than once). 

The model is wearing flip flops that weren't purchased at the dollar store, though.  Hers look to be leather with some sort of structured sole (looks like JJill catalog to me). The Duggars could easily afford a pair or two of those which would work with everything they wear, but they don't.  Same thing with the clothes, pretty, coordinated colors in sizes that fit and aren't stretched out of shape by repeated washing, poor handling.  It would be easy enough for the Duggar adult girls to dress like this, plenty of women do.  The model also is wearing cute, coordinating jewelry and her hair isn't fried or crunchy from too much product, unlike the Duggars.  The Duggars who get paid by TLC, such as Jessa and Jinger, could really do themselves a favor by going to a decent department store and asking for a consult with a personal shopper.  In an afternoon, they could come up with dozens of coordinating, 'modern modest' outfits using just a few key pieces and for not a ton of money.  That anyone considers any of them to be fashion savvy is a puzzlement.

Of course, it goes without saying that virtually any outfit looks better on someone who is tall and thin like a model; and, since the Duggar girls aren't particularly tall, they would probably look better if they hemmed their skirts to a more flattering length; but they just generally look unkempt.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, Barb23 said:

I've posted about this before that something is just off in the way the Duggar girls wear things, fundy or not. You could put the Duggar gals in same clothing as the Bateses, even if it's just a t-shirt & jean skirt, and the Bateses will come out the winners each time.  Someone suggested maybe  it's the personality that shines thru better in the Bateses & I agree that's a part of it.  

Benny looks so young in the picture of him wearing the wrinkled plaid shirt.  Must have been taken soon after they started courting.  I also noticed Jana had sewn a white modesty strip at the bottom of Jessa's khaki skirt in same picture.  I guess to cover up those knees. 

Do you know, I think you're onto something there. I've been mulling it over in my mind a bit and agree, this is important. The Bateses girls are real and alive, whatever their personal views on Religion, while the Dugwads are all dead and zombie-esque with not a spark of life anywhere to be found. Even when scrubbed up they lack something.

I know it makes me feel good to know that I look smart or particularly fetching in an outfit and I'm not the most confident of people, but I am galaxies and light years ahead of the Duggars.....such a pity they won't know the joy of looking good in an outfit that fits and suits them.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, lascuba said:

Maybe it's a matter of presence or something. Because you're right, they often wear outfits that on a hanger I think would like fine but on them it's boring at best, sloppy at worst.  Sure it happens to everyone...the same outfit could look great on one person and totally awful on another with the same body type. But the Duggars just can't pull off a whole range of outfits. 

I think they're missing a ton of stuff that helps add up to looking bad. Among the missing -- presence, sense of color, sense of art or flair (they won't put anything on the wall except bad quotes), willingness to cut hair, understanding that you match the exact clothes to your body type rather than to Gothard rules, permission to experiment with necklines, knowledge that style doesn't have to mean trendiness.

And then they've got a bunch of other things that help add up to looking even worse. Among these  -- flipflop requirement, hideous role model in Meeechelle, massive arrogance about their own abilities in every conceivable area, total ignorance of history including fashion and design and art history, ban on being individuals.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 8
On 3/27/2017 at 0:17 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Jessa's got herself a speaking engagement about being fashionably modest. It's not cheap; I wonder how much they're paying her? No husbands or children under 9 allowed. That won't stop her from putting Ben and her kids onstage with her, like the Southern Women's shows. 

https://proverbs31.godaddysites.com

This is the week after Ben's speech with Voddie Baucham and Friends. Two Saturdays that Joy won't be getting married.

It looks like they already had to lower the price from $25 to $20.  Wonder how much her speaking fee is now that you mention it.  I may dig a bit.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, awaken said:

Horrors!  Jess's looks like the bride of Chucky, and Jill looks to be wearing a clown wig. Bin is just along for the ride. 

Jill always looks like she is wearing last weeks makeup she never washed off.  Girl has some puffy eyes!

• Love 1
On March 27, 2017 at 6:21 PM, JoanArc said:

' Come hear first hand why Jessa has taken the road to modest living, while being directed by Gods word. If you're lucky, you'll be able to clearly make out an areola, navel, or cameltoe!'

Looks like she's speaking at a Pentecostal church. They aren't known for an fashion sense. And how do they feel about Gothardism?

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Looks like she's speaking at a Pentecostal church. They aren't known for an fashion sense. And how do they feel about Gothardism?

Didn't Jessa speak at that same event last year?  Here's a picture of the youth group at that church.  I think they already dress like Jessa.

0 0 1 Jessa.jpg

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Mollie said:

Didn't Jessa speak at that same event last year?  Here's a picture of the youth group at that church.  I think they already dress like Jessa.

0 0 1 Jessa.jpg

If this bunch is representative of the audience at Jessa's little speech, I think Jessa might indeed be modern modesty personified and fashion-forward in comparison.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 22
20 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

If this bunch is representative of the audience at Jessa's little speech, I think Jessa might indeed be modern modesty personified and fashion-forward in comparison.

I think they are already doing the modesty bit.  It's the fashionable dress that they need help with and I don't think Jessa is the right role model for that!

• Love 4
On 3/24/2017 at 5:44 PM, GeeGolly said:

At least the girls have seen a penis before - they've changed many a boy diaper. The boys from JD down though, who knows what they know about lady parts. Poor Joe, he might be in for a shock when he learns the details, much like a young boy is when they first find out.

Yeah, theres like NO relation between tiny baby penis and grown up. LOL

On 3/12/2017 at 0:51 AM, queenanne said:

That's 'cuz, as I may have complained/mentioned before, the prevailing generalization is that the woman isn't supposed to care as long as the man can pay for her, lol.  The standard "good provider" coy elocution.

I don't know, my daughter (in high school) has remarked that boys seem to get cuter if, as you get to know them, they are nice. 

On 3/22/2017 at 3:39 PM, Arwen Evenstar said:

Adorbs. HW looks much better in that picture.

He looks like Winston Churchill!!! I mean that in the nicest possible way!

On 3/26/2017 at 10:56 AM, RazzleberryPie said:

Is it possible for a month old baby to already have developed a Duggar Smug Countenance?

Oh my, he looks like Josh. Put a 5 day beard on him, and he's a dead ringer!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Seems to me that maybe she's speaking at an event run by a Christian women's group that's just really renting space at that particular church. The announcement appears under some Proverbs 31 title online -- and there are various women's groups around with that name. Seems kind of unlikely to me that it's that individual church that's holding the event. Looking through their stuff online, I see that they're very music-oriented pentecostal with electric guitars and dancing singers and so on (not really Duggarish) and that they're a church with a very large sanctuary that is not very full at all during the videos, and heavy with older people to boot. ...... i.e., a church that probably rents out its rooms a lot

Seems to me either the sponsoring group is some entirely outside Christian women's group that's just renting this sanctuary because it's a big one (and because the church rents it out a lot because they need the cash) or else this particular church is just one of a larger group of churches that have clubbed together to sponsor the event. Given what i've seen of their congregation, I lean toward the former, actually. But I definitely don't think it's this church alone that's holding this. It's more of a regional event for which their large facilities are being rented.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Hell, my two year old grandson would be fashion- forward compared to this bunch. Where do they find these people?

• Love 3

I am not a fan of the maxi jean skirt and (probably because of the Duggars) automatically associate it with the fundy-look. So for fun, I googled "maxi jean skirt" and I was actually surprised at some of the images that came up. Many either had slits or tops the Duggars couldn't wear, but there are quite a few that show they could be worn and look good, and yet I could never imagine the Duggars pulling it off. (To be fair, I doubt I could either)

Some examples:

Long-Denim-font-b-Skirt-b-font-2015-Wome d78b51d7a3f99a5d93ab62106c6fd38d.jpg blue-denim-maxi-urban-outfitters-skirt_4

• Love 2

Jean skirts are ugly no matter how long they are. They were in style back in my teens when they were jean mini skirts but that was mini skirts lol

With how the Duggar girls dress, I think THEY need to take the modesty with style class from the Orthodox Jewish women who pull it off beautifully. The Duggar females, Michelle to Josie are frumpy without question IMO.

• Love 10

ON 3/26/2017 AT 0:09 PM, RUE721 SAID:

Does he have really bad gas all the time or something? I've never seen a more uncomfortable looking baby.

In every picture I've seen, he looks like he's uncomfortable or outright in pain.

Maybe it's because people keep saying things to him like "Henry Wilberforce."

On that double=-sided photo in the blue romper, the right side photo looks like he is saying, "Bitch, please."

• Love 1