Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Weird, because I was just looking at that first picture of Henry and thinking he has a very similar "puzzled forehead" look as Pris and baby Phillip.

I thought he looked a lot like baby Philip too.

4 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

His feet do look freaky, but at least the picture of him above he doesn't look jaundiced anymore.

To me, the only thing that looks strange is the bend where his feet meet his ankles; however, I'm no baby expert, so maybe that's completely normal.

I'm just excited that, so far, when I look at Henry I don't just see Boob staring back at me. While objectively I think that Spurge and Izzy are both cute little guys, from very early on I've felt like I was seeing Jizm Bob staring at me out of their faces, so I haven't been able to overcome that and actually think of them as cute.

So far, I don't see the old devil looking at me out of Henry's face, so I'm all in on Henry. .... I expect that eventually, though, he'll succumb to the Boobface. Each of those kids has three other grandparents, but somehow, to me anyway, the Boobface genes seem so strong that they've warped Spurge and Izzy's faces into Boobshape. That doesn't bode well for the future of Henry's face, to me. But for the moment, he's the Boob-daughter-grandson that I'm happiest looking at. 

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Oh, wow, Spurgeon looks exactly like Ben in that picture. I never noticed much of a resemblance before, but it's definitely there. 

I see it too. Now they will each have a kid who looks like them.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Farmfam said:

My daughter has Trisomy 21 (Down Syndrome). Babies with chromosomal abnormalities don't always "look" that way at first. My daughter is two and people still don't always believe me when I tell them. she has a friend that is the same age, and has the "look", and has since birth. My point is to make assumptions about a dear baby based on his toes seems cruel. However, I do hope he is seeing a pediatrician. 

IIRC, they get a one-month "well baby" checkup with the CPM. IF Jessa even used one this time. She may well have used Theresa Fedosky, her mother, and Guinn Seewald again. 

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I want about 5 boys in a row. Then they have to learn to take care of themselves. Let's face it, we know they'll have that many and likely many more. 

Yes! My first wish is they stop with Wilber, but if they're going to continue to multiply, I'm hoping for 5-6 boys first.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

They're not stopping. They're a freight train running off a cliff when it comes to how many kids they'll have and how they'll be raised. That TV show won't last forever. 

I agree. Jessa will be pregnant before summer's over. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I want about 5 boys in a row. Then they have to learn to take care of themselves. Let's face it, we know they'll have that many and likely many more. 

They'll just indenture a Lost Girl, or maybe inherit Jana if she doesn't have to take care of their parents by then.

The only adoption they'll be able to have is if a woman freely decides to give her baby to them.  Which could happen, given the fervor of the leg-humpers; I'm sure they hump other things every now and again and pregnancy occasionally results.  Personally, I'd rather a child of mine be raised by wolves than by Duggars; wolves care a lot more about their offspring than the Duggars seem to on the whole, and wolves are a lot less hypocritical with their aggression.

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, Fosca said:

They'll just indenture a Lost Girl, or maybe inherit Jana if she doesn't have to take care of their parents by then.

The only adoption they'll be able to have is if a woman freely decides to give her baby to them.  Which could happen, given the fervor of the leg-humpers; I'm sure they hump other things every now and again and pregnancy occasionally results.  Personally, I'd rather a child of mine be raised by wolves than by Duggars; wolves care a lot more about their offspring than the Duggars seem to on the whole, and wolves are a lot less hypocritical with their aggression.

Run, Jordyn. They'll indenture a lost girl or recruit another Tabitha Payne. I don't think Jana and Jessa could live under the same roof.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

They will adopt a girl. Remember they are adopting!!

Doesn't the normal adoption process take a long time?  Two or three years?  Jessa will give birth to 2 more babies by then, and be pregnant again!

• Love 1

Plus, if you want a quicker adoption you can't specify whether you want a certain race or gender or age. We all know they'll only take a black baby if it looked good for them.

23 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Plus, if you want a quicker adoption you can't specify whether you want a certain race or gender or age. We all know they'll only take a black baby if it looked good for them.

A black kid would have to audition for the part and be able to sing a lot like Flame.

0 0 1 Ben and Flame.jpg

• Love 3
Just now, Mollie said:

A black kid would have to audition for the part and be able to sing a lot like Flame.

0 0 1 Ben and Flame.jpg

hahah omg

2 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

That would be Fundy equivalent of The Chanel of Babies!

See, we're not racist....

2 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

4 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

That would be Fundy equivalent of The Chanel of Babies!

See, we're not racist....

Worked for the Robertson from Duck Dynasty.

• Love 1

Probably because as desperate as Michelle sister was after her stroke she wasn't bat shit crazy. Add to that there wasn't even a ten year difference between the kid and kid Bin, and their lack of visible means of income.

Edited by SMama
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I wonder how they let their cousin slip through their hands into M's & JB's house? ;)

Jim Bob and Michelle are guardians of the child.  They didn't actually adopt him.  The child has a mother who just can't take care of him right now.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I wonder how they let their cousin slip through their hands into M's & JB's house? ;)

He's a boy and thus can't help raise the babies, so why bother?

• Love 6
47 minutes ago, Fosca said:

He's a boy and thus can't help raise the babies, so why bother?

I don't think they wanted the kid, but they kind of had no choice. A rich aunt refusing to take in her great-nephew would have looked really bad in the wake of the Joshgate scandals. So Boob and Michelle do their Christian duty and Jana has another child to raise.

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I don't think they wanted the kid, but they kind of had no choice. A rich aunt refusing to take in her great-nephew would have looked really bad in the wake of the Joshgate scandals. So Boob and Michelle do their Christian duty and Jana has another child to raise.

There are several curious things about that situation of Jim Bob and Michelle getting guardianship of Tyler.  For one thing, they got him because they told the court that Tyler's mother, Michelle's niece Rachel Hutchins, was homeless.  Why didn't they take the 23-year-old mother into their home, too?

Rachel, who had the 8-year-old boy as an unmarried teenager, was also in trouble with the law.  What did she do?  She got a felony conviction for breaking and entering a business and stealing a small pocket knife and $2 in change.  What was the business?  A towing company.  By coincidence, John David owns Duggar Towing, which is in the warehouse facility on Jim Bob's property next to the Duggar home.  Can you imagine any business pursuing felony charges for a $2 theft?  Only one with ulterior motives.  Jim Bob and Michelle used this against Rachel in court to prove that she was an unfit mother.  Rachel is on a three-year probation for the crime.

Tyler was living with his grandmother, Michelle's sister Carolyn.  Carolyn had a stroke and could no longer care for him, so Jim Bob and Michelle stepped in.  They wanted to adopt him but only got temporary guardianship.

0 0 1 Rachel 2.jpg

0 0 1 Rachel.png

Edited by Mollie
  • Love 8
10 minutes ago, Mollie said:

There are several curious things about that situation of Jim Bob and Michelle getting guardianship of Tyler.  For one thing, they got him because they told the court that Tyler's mother, Michelle's niece Rachel Hutchins, was homeless.  Why didn't they take the 23-year-old mother into their home, too?

Rachel, who had the 8-year-old boy as an unmarried teenager, was also in trouble with the law.  What did she do?  She got a felony conviction for breaking and entering a business and stealing a small pocket knife and $2 in change.  What was the business?  A towing company.  By coincidence, John David owns Duggar Towing, which is in the warehouse facility on Jim Bob's property next to the Duggar home.  Can you imagine any business pursuing felony charges for a $2 theft?  Only one with ulterior motives.  Jim Bob and Michelle used this against Rachel in court to prove that she was an unfit mother.  Rachel is on a three-year probation for the crime.

Tyler was living with his grandmother, Michelle's sister Carolyn.  Carolyn had a stroke and could no longer care for him, so Jim Bob and Michelle stepped in.  They wanted to adopt him but only got temporary guardianship.

0 0 1 Rachel 2.jpg

0 0 1 Rachel.png

So she broke into the Duggar's towing business?

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

So she broke into the Duggar's towing business?

She did, in fact, break in to A towing business.  I don't know if that business was Duggar Towing.  But, Rachel was certainly familiar with it and had access to the area.  To find out which towing business, you could file a Freedom of Information Request with the Washington County Sheriff's Department.

By the way, according to Facebook Rachel is engaged to a man named Michael Wright.  So, maybe she will get her son back from the House of the Homeschooling, Brainwashing Duggars.

• Love 4

My post was actually about the Seewalds saying they wanted to adopt; it wouldn't be that kid, because as a boy he is useless to them.  Particularly if he can't be shown on TV--there go the martyr points.

• Love 1

I will tell you what Henry looks like, especially in the picture where he's wearing denim.  Can't repost it, not computer savvy.  He looks like he is sitting across from his parents listening to them talk and shouting, "Inconceivable!"

All Spurgeon has to do is learn the line, "Henry, I don't think that word means what you think it means."

• Love 7

Calling it now: They will "adopt" black embryos like this couple did. It hits several "elite Christian" wickets.

Sanctity of Life? ✔️

Maternity Martyrdom? ✔️

RedYellowBlackorWhiteWeArePreciousInHisSight? ✔️

They would be hailed and praised for choosing to raise a black child who would've been undoubtedly ended up a heathen hoodlum without their loving intervention (even though people of any race using IVF are typically much better off than the Seewalds). Embryo adoption is also way cheaper and much less oversight than traditional adoption. 

Then again as sex crazy as the Duggars and their ilk are, I can't see them accepting Jessa Blessa birthing a child that is not biologically Bin's (even if it's not hers either). 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, flyingdi said:

I will tell you what Henry looks like, especially in the picture where he's wearing denim.  Can't repost it, not computer savvy.  He looks like he is sitting across from his parents listening to them talk and shouting, "Inconceivable!"

All Spurgeon has to do is learn the line, "Henry, I don't think that word means what you think it means."

grid-cell-4041-1424916888-9.jpg

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I know about the movie, but for whatever reason, I've never seen it.

The Princess Bride is a classic!  As noted above, there are multiple characters and lines that have become part of modern pop culture.  You'll also be amazed at how many of the actors, relative unknowns at the time, are now big stars.  Love that movie.

• Love 9

I stole the book from my middle school library, a place I in which I doubt Mrs. Seewald has ever set foot. Ben? His family does co-op homeschooling, so someone might have taken the Seewald kids to a library at some point. And if Ben is serious about his education and has to write a legitimate research paper, he's going to eventually need a book that's not online or on sale at Amazon or a Christian bookstore.

Edited by Sew Sumi

The Princess Bride has a quote that has basically been drilled into the female Duggars since birth as their mantra toward any males in their lives (Boob, brothers, husbands) .

"As you wish."

(eta: the quote means something very different in the movie but the Duggar girls would have no way of knowing that.)

Edited by EVS
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Definitely unwashed. You've never seen The Princess Bride? That line is iconic! The character is Vizzini.

nope, never seen it. i understand that is a huge life-flaw for me.

• Love 4

This life flaw must be rectified immediately! :D 

Seriously, it's a great movie with wonderfully offbeat humor. IOW, something the Duggars will never see. 

"AAAAAASSSSS YOOOOOOU WIIIIISSSSSHHH!!!!!!!" ~ Westley

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Who is that person/character?

Also the wonderful actor, playwright, essayist, comedian/humorist, philosopher, activist and voiceover artist Wallace Shawn, son of legendary New Yorker editor William Shawn. Sorry to get giddy, but -- huge Wallace Shawn fan here. Grow up looking -- and being -- like Wallace Shawn, Henry, and maybe you can be the one who actually escapes the torturous mental prison/desert the Duggars create all around them.

Damn. Hoping I live to see the first person really truly escape.

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, Mollie said:

New pictures of the sad baby

Kiddo looks like he's contemplating a Very Large Poop!

4 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Watch it tonight! You'll soon realize that you already know several of the lines. :)

When is it on and what channel? 

Got Netflix? If not, it's shown pretty regularly on cable. It's not on tonight, but I found a pretty awful adaptation of Pride and Prejudice (eta: came in late, it's PP and Zombies), and The Brady Bunch Goes to the White House around midnight. I missed that gem! 

PB is hard to search for under the categories, because it's comedy, action/adventure, and fantasy. I guess we are the last people in the world without Netflix. Because seriously, go to your dentist, get a root canal, and watcht it. I watched newer seasons of Trailer Park Boys that way. LOL

Edited by Sew Sumi