Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

if Jessa is making up the "sayings of Spurgeon" it would also show how immature and unaware she is.  for someone thinking she is a celebrity and makes stabs at being an influencer, she should look at the pages of others and not just the pages of her siblings.

my grands have said a ton of funny things. but they are funny to us. I have them write the best ones on paper and put their name and date. no one else cares. I did this with my kids and have one written page from professor daughter,  at age 7, signed and dated "i will never have a big expensive wedding" and one from son, at age 5 "i wish i could stay with my mom everyday forever"

Edited by crazy8s
  • Love 21
4 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

If he doesn't get it by draining the entire jar of pickle brine. 😁

Omg yes... She was so proud posting pics of Henry guzzling pickle brine out of a gallon jar and all I could think was "why is she letting him drink all that pickle brine"

Just because a kid wants to do it doesn't mean it's a good idea or healthy, maybe a little swig but just sitting back as he drinks it by the gallon is nuts.

Her kids wander around that house and outdoors doing the same boring, mind numbing activities day after day with dirty feet, rumpled clothes, messy sweaty looking hair, eating boxes of crackers, swigging pickle brine, passing out and napping wherever they drop from exhaustion and she's shown us that her house is filthy including the bedding they sleep in every night and dirty diapers piled a mile high on top of the furniture.... What does she do all day?

• Love 21
16 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

What is the age difference between Israel and Spurgeon?  

Izzy is 7 months older than Spurge.

As time progresses, that 7 month gap would theoretically become less and less. It will be interesting to see how much they differ from one another over time. Not just developmentally, but culturally.

Edited by madpsych78
  • Useful 4
  • Love 15
4 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

JMO but hese "sayings" are making him sound like a bit of a dunce.

If Spurgeon was 3 okay but...He's 5 and it just sounds kind of stupid and not funny.

I think it's Jessa trying to come up with things that she thinks are cute and funny but she's not a humorous person and her ideas fall flat! 

That’s what I said. And it is probably partially because Jessa has absolutely no real sense of humor.

• Love 9
14 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Now she’s just making Spurgeon seem very, um, challenged.

C46F5CFE-15EA-4424-B8F9-27E5E44FE797.jpeg

Isn't Jessa concerned about her boy child wishing to have long fingernails...LIKE A WOMAN???!!!??? Next he'll be asking to have his nails painted, like my 4-year-old  grandboy did recently!  Somehow I doubt Jessa's response would be as chill as my daughters's was. (She painted them, NBD.) 

• LOL 2
  • Love 12

I noticed Jessa said "at the table". Honestly, if she hadn't said that I would have pictured Spurge on the floor protecting his toys from Ivy and his crackers from Henry.

Jessa sure is having a hard time twisting Spurgie's sayings from the mundane to precocious, or even funny.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Portia said:

Isn't Jessa concerned about her boy child wishing to have long fingernails...LIKE A WOMAN???!!!??? Next he'll be asking to have his nails painted, like my 4-year-old  grandboy did recently!  Somehow I doubt Jessa's response would be as chill as my daughters's was. (She painted them, NBD.) 

Good for your daughter!!  I used to do the same for my son when he asked.  He's 35 now married with a child and he's a good man.  People get way too wound up about little things like this.  Kids need to explore and sometimes they just want to do what the adults around them are doing. 

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Normades said:

Good for your daughter!!  I used to do the same for my son when he asked.  He's 35 now married with a child and he's a good man.  People get way too wound up about little things like this.  Kids need to explore and sometimes they just want to do what the adults around them are doing. 

My oldest son used to see me putting on make up and wanted to wear make up too.  I would put a little moisturizer on his cheeks and some clear gloss on his lips and he seemed just as happy as he would have been if he'd been wearing full stage make up for Cats.  He's a grown, married man now, with advanced college degrees and a high powered career.  Kids are so much fun!  

• Love 13
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Wouldn't he be held back a year due to his November birthday? So, he'd be a year behind Izzy.

I believe the age for kindergarten is 5 on or before August 1st.

I think I recall there’s a waiver that needs to be filed if parents choose not to have their child attend kindergarten in Arkansas. I think I looked it up when it was mentioned that  Israel was starting school.

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
43 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I believe the age for kindergarten is 5 on or before August 1st.

I think I recall there’s a waiver that needs to be filed if parents choose not to have their child attend kindergarten in Arkansas. I think I looked it up when it was mentioned that  Israel was starting school.

I think you're right. When I was a kid in the 90s, the deadline was a little later, and with an early August birthday,  I was the youngest in my class. I was initially surprised during some discussions on here about an August 1 deadline but looked it up, and it had changed! 

17 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Jessa couldn't have cut the boys hair for the wedding?

Is that the older cop sister and her cop husband near Ben? If so, she looks very different.

Yes, she has short hair now.

edited to add picture from her Instagram:

7839933B-05E8-4054-AFB3-5E3956EC3FE1.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4

Happy to see she has short(er) hair, but not loving that particular haircut. I think it ages her a lot. It's somehow in this weird too-short-yet-too-long middle ground. More so in the wedding photo, though -- it looks much cuter in the Insta picture.

Edited by rue721
  • Love 7
24 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Jessa's scraggly mane overwhelms what's otherwise a beautiful picture. I wish she'd let Danielle hack half a foot off that thing.

To me it looks like Jessa is using her hair to hide her stomach.  She is either pregnant but not ready to announce or she is trying to drum up speculation about her being pregnant.  Someone made sure she was smack in the middle of the picture, but the groom's head is also camouflaging her midsection.  

• Love 9

Not really loving the way Ivy is dressed, there are so many cute little girl dresses! Plus there must be tons of dresses from previous Duggar weddings where the lost girls were flower girls. I guess the Seewalds were going for a blue color scheme? When was this wedding? The bride and groom both look like they might still be in high school.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Jessa couldn't have cut the boys hair for the wedding?

Is that the older cop sister and her cop husband near Ben? If so, she looks very different.

She could have used hair gel and make them look less unkempt.  Jessa is all about the curls 🙄.  Looks like Spurgeon was part of the wedding party. He is dressed like the groomsmen. Ring boy? 

2 hours ago, rue721 said:

Happy to see she has short(er) hair, but not loving that particular haircut. I think it ages her a lot. It's somehow in this weird too-short-yet-too-long middle ground. More so in the wedding photo, though -- it looks much cuter in the Insta picture.

I think the bridesmaids' dresses are sort of matronly which is why the short hair makes Jessica look older in the wedding pic. 

• Love 5

Those dresses are so dowdy! I actually don't dislike the color (and I know almost nothing about fashion), but the way they're designed is just blah. I'm not sure even a professional model could make that look good. 

• Love 3

I like the idea behind the bridesmaid's dresses and the color and fabric, but the execution was horrendous. Nothing was tailored correctly, not even the bride's dress. And don't get me started on the complete lack of masks anywhere. 

I actually like the short haircut on Bin's sister, she's really bucking the Duggar girls and ways with it and I appreciate that.

• Love 15
On 12/12/2020 at 3:27 AM, GeeGolly said:

Because those kids are little humans and deserve respect, comfort and feelings of safety.

I was a foster parent. I adopted 5 kids through the foster system. My daughters are legally parenting my grandchildren pretty much like their birthparents raised them. I personally would be delighted if my grandchildren had the same life as Spurgeon, Henry, and Ivy. 

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, this is Jessa. Putting her personal business on TeeVee and social media has taken the lion's share of her day, every day, for years and years and years. Yet she once freaked out when somebody asked her, "So what's your husband doing these days?" 

I think she has some kind of disconnect going on when it comes to communicating! 

I just asked what Ben is doing these days- watch me get blocked!  

• LOL 17
2 hours ago, Madtown said:

These people are horrible. Once again, poor Spurge. He doesn't stand a chance in life unless he runs when he's 16 and even then, it will probably too late. I used to think I had to rescue Izzy and Sam, now I need to rescue Spurge, Henry and Ivy.

You're gonna need a bigger boat.

• LOL 16
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Ben is such a tool. The happiest he's looked on camera in ages and it's over that shirt?

Bahahaha It really is the first time he hasn't looked like he was blinking an SOS in a hostage video for a long time. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 3

Eh, this video could be plausible as a natural occurrence. Who knows how long Ivy was standing out there waiting for her mother to come out of the bathroom? After all, it probably takes Jessa hours just to shampoo her four feet of hair!

• LOL 14
  • Love 1