Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

On 3/12/2017 at 8:45 PM, queenanne said:

I always feel sorry for babies with acne.  It always looks so angry, like it's trying to eat them.

I can't tell by the picture but I'm thinking he might be allergic to something??

• Love 2

Henry looks like an unhappy baby; whether they caught him at an off time (tired, hungry, pooping...etc) notwithstanding, some babies are just miserable and frankly, not cute. I think it's a myth perpetuated by delirious moms who think their baby is the cutest in the world. My 6 year old is gorgeous with an infectious smile, captivating eyes and long flowing blonde hair---she was a miserable, ugly baby. Her sister is now in that awkward pre-teen stage, but she was a prettier baby and a pretty child with gorgeous red hair and dimples. It all works itself out. At least he has a normal name. 

That said, I think Henry is going to be the baby that breaks Jessa---she had it easy with Spurgeon, now it's time to get down to work and she's frankly too spoiled/pampered to be okay with that. 

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Henry looks like an unhappy baby; whether they caught him at an off time (tired, hungry, pooping...etc) notwithstanding, some babies are just miserable and frankly, not cute. I think it's a myth perpetuated by delirious moms who think their baby is the cutest in the world. My 6 year old is gorgeous with an infectious smile, captivating eyes and long flowing blonde hair---she was a miserable, ugly baby. Her sister is now in that awkward pre-teen stage, but she was a prettier baby and a pretty child with gorgeous red hair and dimples. It all works itself out. At least he has a normal name. 

That said, I think Henry is going to be the baby that breaks Jessa---she had it easy with Spurgeon, now it's time to get down to work and she's frankly too spoiled/pampered to be okay with that. 

My niece was the same. Unfortunate looking as a baby and cried 24/7, but turned out to be gorgeous and a great kid once she grew out of the baby/toddler stage. 

I agree it looks like they just caught Henry during a fussy moment. He's definitely not as pretty as the Spurge, but it's early days. Babies go through so many changes and phases, it doesn't really have any bearing on what he'll end up looking like as a teenager or adult. 

• Love 1

Henry might be one of those unphotogenic babies who can't be bothered. We don't have any pictures of me smiling before the age of 16. Every picture of me beforehand looks like I'm contemplating the destruction of the world.  But then again, he's like a month old. ;-)

• Love 10
On 3/10/2017 at 4:40 PM, satrunrose said:

I've always cut Jessa a bit of slack here. If she were talking about the nice guy who sits behind her in AP Chem then yeah, total mean girl but if, as I suspect, she's talking about men who wrote to the father of girls in their late teens and early twenties to ask if they could court the pure beauties they saw on the teevee... Yup creepy!

Yeah, I've always assumed that the men Jessa referenced were grown men who probably had no business contacting Jim Bob, i.e. Awkward older men looking for a pure young wife. I bet Ben was one of very few age-appropriate suitors.

Jessa and Jill's boys look like mini-Jim Bobs to me. I don't think Jessa's boys look anything like her or Ben. 

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, trimthatfat said:

Yeah, I've always assumed that the men Jessa referenced were grown men who probably had no business contacting Jim Bob, i.e. Awkward older men looking for a pure young wife. I bet Ben was one of very few age-appropriate suitors.

I don't know how "age appropriate" Ben was.  He was only 17 and Jessa was 20.  In fact, Jessa thought she was too old for Ben and he thought he was too young for her.  They must have just sensed the disparity between them because they both were hiding their ages from each other in the beginning.    http://www.christiantoday.com/article/when.ben.and.jessa.first.met.he.feared.he.was.too.young.she.worried.she.was.too.old/54710.htm

I personally think a 17-year-old boy is too young to be choosing a wife.  "He liked to grow facial hair because it would make him look older and more manly."

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, Mollie said:

I don't know how "age appropriate" Ben was.  He was only 17 and Jessa was 20.  In fact, Jessa thought she was too old for Ben and he thought he was too young for her.  They must have just sensed the disparity between them because they both were hiding their ages from each other in the beginning.    http://www.christiantoday.com/article/when.ben.and.jessa.first.met.he.feared.he.was.too.young.she.worried.she.was.too.old/54710.htm

I personally think a 17-year-old boy is too young to be choosing a wife.  "He liked to grow facial hair because it would make him look older and more manly."

What this tells me is she is young for her age.  And they are both now in charge of 2 new lives.  Oy!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Mollie said:

Okay. I thought he was 18 when they decided to court. 

On 3/17/2017 at 10:59 AM, jilliannatalia said:

My dad is an OBGYN and my mom is a retired pediatric nurse practitioner. I showed them the picture of H. Wilberforce.  Both said the child looked like he was afflicted with neither Nicolaides-Baraitser Syndrome nor Down Syndrome. My dad commented commented that it's not appropriate to base anything on a single picture, but my mom in particular thought he didn't look anything like a baby with either syndrome. She said he may have a case of FLK Syndrome. I already knew from my college and  brief teaching experience that it stood for "funny-looking kid."

Jessa posted another picture of the baby which shows the sandal gap toes on both feet.  His legs seem to be so short compared to the rest of his body.  He also has low, depressed nasal bridge, broad forehead, downturned mouth, overly round face, and looks seriously unhappy.

Most infants have had two appointments with a pediatrician by age one month.  I really hope that Jessa has taken him to a doctor for an examination.

0 0 Baby.png

0 0 1 Jessa babies.jpg

Edited by Mollie
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, Mollie said:

Most infants have had two appointments with a pediatrician by age one month.  I really hope that Jessa has taken him to a doctor for an examination.

All syndromes and Henry's affliction or non-affliction with them notwithstanding, I really hope he's seen a physician, too.

• Love 5
On 3/16/2017 at 11:55 PM, Mollie said:

Nicolaides-Baraitser syndrome

https://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/nicolaides-baraitser-syndrome

Also Down syndrome.

In my family, a lot of us have that toe...my daughter in law was so relieved when she fearfully showed me her newborn daughter's toe, and I said "oh that? We call that the {our surname} toe!" ( Her pediatrician confirmed she was just fine. )

So it doesn't always have dire consequences..it just *is* a toe that is raised a little.

Henry's probably fine. All my grands (and my siblings) who have it are very intelligent if I do say so myself. Just my 2¢ :-)

• Love 9
1 minute ago, ChiCricket said:

In my family, a lot of us have that toe...my daughter in law was so relieved when she fearfully showed me her newborn daughter's toe, and I said "oh that? We call that the {our surname} toe!" ( Her pediatrician confirmed she was just fine. )

The toe gap means nothing by itself.  It is when it is present along with other symptoms that it is used as an indication of a chromosome disorder.  A pediatrician can run tests to verify.  But, the parents have to take the baby for an examination to find out and to develop a plan to help the child.  But, this is Jessa − who didn't even want a doctor to assist with the birth and almost bled to death with her first delivery before she would go to the hospital.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, trimthatfat said:

Okay. I thought he was 18 when they decided to court. 

They started "getting to know" each other when he was still 17, but yes, he had turned 18 by the time they started courting. 

1 hour ago, louannems said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BR4H9INFR4O/?taken-by=jessaseewald

This video of Spurgeon playing outside, and also the playing on the snow video, showcase just how awfully close to the highway Jessa's house is.  That car traffic noise is loud and close.  I bet Jessa's just waiting for JB to say the word so they can move into a mcmansion!

The gray palette of Joy's registry suggests that they're moving into the Mold House, which has gray bedroom walls. No one said these girls knew about contrast. I highly suspect Jessa's getting the Pool House. After all, she's pretty much carrying the show, aside from the few Jinger episodes, and Jinger isn't in need of a house at the moment. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

The gray palette of Joy's registry suggests that they're moving into the Mold House, which has gray bedroom walls. No one said these girls knew about contrast. I highly suspect Jessa's getting the Pool House. After all, she's pretty much carrying the show, aside from the few Jinger episodes, and Jinger isn't in need of a house at the moment. 

Joy even requested gray kitchen towels.  Who does that?

I think they will go live with Austin's parents at Fort Rock.  Maybe they'll order one of those log cabin kits.

http://www.coventryloghomes.com/ourDesigns/recreationalSeries.html

• Love 2

If he's serious about flipping houses, it behooves them to stay near his parents. Who needs competition from your own INLAWS in what seems to be Boob's biggest money maker these days, aside from whatever he's making from the show (and that can't be much given what happened).

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Not gonna lie, I'm kinda digging those log cabins. 

Not bad for $30,000!  And, putting it together would be great for TLC filming.

0 0 1 log cabin.jpg

Edited by Mollie
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, Mollie said:

Jessa posted another picture of the baby which shows the sandal gap toes on both feet.  His legs seem to be so short compared to the rest of his body.  He also has low, depressed nasal bridge, broad forehead, downturned mouth, overly round face, and looks seriously unhappy.

0 0 Baby.png

0 0 1 Jessa babies.jpg

In the more recent picture of Henry I find him cute in his own way.

I read on another site that people thought Henry resembled Marcus as an infant, who resembled Pa Keller.  I think Henry looks cute on one of the videos, I think it's the one of Benessa congratulating Joy.

Edited by Barb23
2 hours ago, Barb23 said:

I read on another site that people thought Henry resembled Marcus as an infant, who resembled Pa Keller.  I think Henry looks cute on one of the videos, I think it's the one of Benessa congratulating Joy.

Weird, because I was just looking at that first picture of Henry and thinking he has a very similar "puzzled forehead" look as Pris and baby Phillip.

9 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I think Wilbur is as cute if not cuter than Spurge. Wil looks all pensive and concerned, like somebody wth that name should.

Physically, he's rounder and chubbier than Spurge, but second babies tend to be bigger than first babies a lot of the time. I think he's just plumper. 

I stand by thinking it is terrible to try so hard to find some kind of physical issue with a newborn. Mod Slap me if I need it. Hate on adult Jessa and Bin all day long, because hey provide plenty of fodder. Wanting their baby to have some issue, based on some photos, is just hateful.

This. All of this. 

• Love 5

His color looks much better. I still say he was rockin' some major jaundice. 

It's 85 and sunny in Arkansas and she's got him in denim. But he looks sweet. Maybe he'll be another good baby. 

I hope Jessa stops trying to top Anna with the babies. She does seem like a good mother - with this limited number. I agree with whoever said that she was just a sister to her buddies and is really into her own babies now. Jill was Mother Nature to all of them and burned herself out. 

• Love 1

Yeah, but he's throwing gang signals!!  How awesome is that!

• Love 7
3 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I think Wilbur is as cute if not cuter than Spurge. Wil looks all pensive and concerned, like somebody wth that name should.

Physically, he's rounder and chubbier than Spurge, but second babies tend to be bigger than first babies a lot of the time. I think he's just plumper. 

I stand by thinking it is terrible to try so hard to find some kind of physical issue with a newborn. Mod Slap me if I need it. Hate on adult Jessa and Bin all day long, because hey provide plenty of fodder. Wanting their baby to have some issue, based on some photos, is just hateful.

I don't think anyone wants him to have an issue. He's a cast member and his parents know he will get intense scrutiny on forums and in the comments. I actually think Jessa is really smitten with Spurge and confident she show the same affection to Henry, so if they feel he is being harmed they will limit his exposure.

I can't tell one baby from another so he is just a wrinkled elf to me.

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, trimthatfat said:

There is nothing wrong with the baby. He looks healthy and cute to me. I think insisting that something is wrong is...really wrong. I think it's also really dangerous to diagnose a baby based on pictures.

I agree.

And I will say again, Henry is cute.  That does not mean I like his parents though.

• Love 6
19 hours ago, Mollie said:

0 0 Baby.png

0 0 1 Jessa babies.jpg

Ok I hate to say something perhaps negative about this baby but his feet look freaky.  Like the lobster boy feet.  

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

His feet do look freaky, but at least the picture of him above he doesn't look jaundiced anymore.

He looks pretty cute.  I never saw the jaundice but I am not experienced with babies.  Mr. Natalie has freaky looking feet (incredibly flat and big) but I am not sure many people have great looking feet.  Babies a lot of times look like cranky old men to me.  My cousin looked like a homely 60 year old man as a baby.  He turned out pretty good looking in the end.

7 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Wanting their baby to have some issue, based on some photos, is just hateful.

I don't see any posts "wanting" the baby to have some issues.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, ariel said:
7 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Wanting their baby to have some issue, based on some photos, is just hateful.

I don't see any posts "wanting" the baby to have some issues.

I would say most posters seemed concerned about the fact that H. Wilburforce in all likelihood has never seen an actual doctor, and any potential issues would go undiagnosed... so vitriol against Jessa and Ben for their stupidity, not hating on the baby. Though I agree that attempting to diagnose all manners of gloom and doom based on a couple pictures is unwise.

6 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

Yeah, but he's throwing gang signals!!  How awesome is that!

Ha! I kind of thought he was making his first attempt to give his parents the finger, and hadn't *quite* mastered it yet, but gang signs work.

• Love 9

I had mentioned earlier that I think Henry actually looks more like Jessa than Spurge. If you look feature by feature you can see Jessa's lips, chin, etc. I think the boys have similar eyes. In another month Henry will look more like a baby and less like a newborn with more developed features. I'm curious about his hair color, Spurgie's hair seems lighter now than when he was an infant and his eyebrows are still light. Henry looks like he has some blond wisps, but not nearly the amount of hair the newborn Spurge had.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 1

My daughter has Trisomy 21 (Down Syndrome). Babies with chromosomal abnormalities don't always "look" that way at first. My daughter is two and people still don't always believe me when I tell them. she has a friend that is the same age, and has the "look", and has since birth. My point is to make assumptions about a dear baby based on his toes seems cruel. However, I do hope he is seeing a pediatrician. 

• Love 10