Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Pretty fly for a white guy. 😇

The lyrics are so fitting though 

You know it's kinda hard just to get along today
Our subject isn't cool but he fakes it anyway
He may not have a clue and he may not have style
But everything he lacks well he makes up in denial

• LOL 8
  • Love 16
3 minutes ago, Zella said:

The constant Wknd crap is starting to get on my nerves more than homie. Just stop. STOP. 

I imagine "school" will be out for the summer soon and then Jeremy won't be so busy with his fake school and fake job and we'll get treated to more photos of them relaxing.

• LOL 9
6 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Seriously. It's like that stupid "weekend vibes" shit Jessa posts. Every day is Saturday for this crowd. It's not like they're working fifty hours a week, fighting traffic or managing their kids' school routines like normal people do. 

Give it 1-2 years and they will!

• LOL 16
  • Love 5
46 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Didn’t one of them (maybe Jilly Muffin?) say their godly parents prepared them more than us mere mortals for independent adult life? Or am I making things up?

I think several of them have said this through the years. I specifically remember Joy saying it, but I know she wasn't the only one. It's part of the Duggar repertoire of self-congratulatory statements. 

• Love 12

So Jinger's socks left and right on them.

Some socks are molded more for the foot. They may have arch support and try to mimic the shape of a foot. Those socks usually say left and right on them, because they fit each in specific way.  Jinger's socks may have more to do with the design.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
(edited)
22 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

I’m hardly one to judge all that, since I’m somehow several shades paler than most Duggars except that cave newt Josie. 

I am also Casper the ghost level of pale and I love this description of Josie. It may not be nice but please, come sit by me.

Edited by jcbrown
  • LOL 11
  • Love 7
20 hours ago, jcbrown said:

I am also Casper the ghost level of pale and I love this description of Josie. It may not be nice but please, come sit by me.

All my life, I've been persecuted for being pale. I can take it and dish it out. I'll sit in the shade with y'all. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
Just now, laurakaye said:

"Wknd Vibes" makes me stabby in any scenario, but especially from a Z-list supposed seminary scholar foodie wannabe name dropping primary-color wearing LA poseur who we never see actually studying anything except his reflection in a mirror.

BAHAHAHAHAHA  such an awesome description! Best thing I have read today! 

• LOL 5
  • Love 7

Sorry, was I supposed to laugh out loud while reading the above passage from Jeremy?  It just reads so basic.  I expected far more bloviating and pontificating from our Rev. Fancy Pants.

• LOL 16
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

I haven’t really read any books by D-List TV people, so I always wondered how they could get written, published, and on the market so quickly, and then people would already be reviewing them a day after they’re released. That screen shot answers everything. It’s triple-spaced in 14-point font like a bad term paper. (I went from required pages to word count years ago after grading too many of these, so they set off my alarms immediately.)

I didn’t spot any errors on my quick reading of the page, so the faintest of congrats on that, but this is terrible, boring, cliched writing. Show, don’t tell! You weren’t first-person omniscient at the proposal, sir. You can’t tell us what her facial expression meant. You could describe what her face actually did (“eyes widened” is a start, albeit lazy). Maybe try to use one unexpected turn of phrase to describe an event we all watched on TV — just one light metaphor or some synecdoche to break up the paragraphs I literally could have written for you, from memory, having watched this episode exactly once while most likely also scrolling Previously.tv. Except I wouldn’t have made Jinger sound quite as vapid as you did.

I did a shot every time he said “the ring” and now I can’t see straight. 

It's even better, the book is the smallest size for hardcover books and clocks in at just a hair over 200 pages.  Nonfiction doesn't have the same word count rules as fiction, but the entire manuscript is novella length.  It was traditionally published, so it was copyedited.  It, like all D-List celebrity books, is solely a money-making venture.  Jeremy being Jeremy probably thinks the book is a serious work, but we all know the truth.  He only got the book deal because he married a Duggar and Jinger is the draw, not him.  

• Love 21
8 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

It's even better, the book is the smallest size for hardcover books and clocks in at just a hair over 200 pages.  Nonfiction doesn't have the same word count rules as fiction, but the entire manuscript is novella length.  It was traditionally published, so it was copyedited. 

I’ve seen so many flagrant errors in allegedly copyedited publications lately, my bar has gotten much lower. Even academic journals are letting malapropisms and comma splices slip through. But as I tell my students, my first tip-off to check for plagiarism is... a coherent paragraph. (That’s not to say none of them can write, but it’s getting bleak out there.)

• Love 3
48 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Sorry, was I supposed to laugh out loud while reading the above passage from Jeremy?  It just reads so basic.  I expected far more bloviating and pontificating from our Rev. Fancy Pants.

Of course it's basic. The primary subject matter is Jinger and her reaction to the proposal. She's just a supporting cast member in the Saga Of Jeremy.

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
56 minutes ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

I’m pleased to announce that I’m starting a book club about the back of my toothpaste tube. Study guide forthcoming. 

That’s more interesting than the Vuolo book. 

I am still laughing that Vuolo means fly. Jeremy is as annoying as a fly.

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

I’m pleased to announce that I’m starting a book club about the back of my toothpaste tube. Study guide forthcoming. 

And yet that would still provide a more stimulating discourse than the Nope We Hold. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

And yet that would still provide a more stimulating discourse than the Nope We Hold. 

There could be an interesting discussion on the ingredients of toothpaste.  You could invite dental professionals to talk about the correct way to use the product.  This would be much more informative--and more helpful--than the Vuolo's book.  What can they possible discuss in a book group?  Maybe printed sermons from Jer?

• Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, CalicoKitty said:

There could be an interesting discussion on the ingredients of toothpaste.  You could invite dental professionals to talk about the correct way to use the product.  This would be much more informative--and more helpful--than the Vuolo's book.  What can they possible discuss in a book group?  Maybe printed sermons from Jer?

And we'd find out what "1 in 4 dentists (truly) recommend". 😁

Edited by GeeGolly
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

That’s more interesting than the Vuolo book. 

I am still laughing that Vuolo means fly. Jeremy is as annoying as a fly.

Sadly, "vuolo" means fly as a verb, such as a bird or airplane flying. The insect type of fly is "mosca".

• Useful 10
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

5289AA7C-A699-49C5-9B2F-957B43F9E39C.jpeg

Is this a trick question or something? What does sex have to do with puzzles? I'm so confused. Gonna go spend an evening The Best Way now; see you in the morning!

• LOL 8
2 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

It makes me stabby when people end their sentences with an unnecessary “at.”

It's the closest we'll see Jeremy get to brass knuckles and black nail polish.

• LOL 10