Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

Plop the cream soup on a blueberry earl grey doughnut and tell him it's part of an influencer deal. He would eat it and ask for more faster than Oliver Twist. 😇

• LOL 15
  • Love 3
47 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

I don’t think Jeremy would ever eat anything made with cans of cream soup. 😜

Only if it was organic, ethically sourced and cost $10 a can and was FREE

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
56 minutes ago, Zella said:

Plop the cream soup on a blueberry earl grey doughnut and tell him it's part of an influencer deal. He would eat it and ask for more faster than Oliver Twist. 😇

And become a paid sponsor. Swipe up!

• LOL 9
2 minutes ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

Jeremy has been aging in dog years the past few years, but he really looks like he's aged two years in the past two weeks. His eyes look so tired and wrinkly. 

They both have that new infant tired look to them. Maybe the baby isn’t a good sleeper.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

Jeremy has been aging in dog years the past few years, but he really looks like he's aged two years in the past two weeks. His eyes look so tired and wrinkly. 

Maybe he is worn out from studying his Hebrew for finals as he claimed!  Nahhhhh...

• LOL 15

They wore a white T-shirt and crappy polo to promote their book? Way to look like you care, losers. I mean, given what's going on with Josh plus having a new kid, I don't give them too much grief for looking exhausted but try a little bit. I give them no grief for not having gotten haircuts, however. I haven't had a haircut since January 2020 and I won't until a good while after the immunity from my second vaccine sets in.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, mynextmistake said:

Waiter: “Tonight we’re offering a lovely locally-sourced bisque made with organically preserved champignon blanc mushrooms blended with cream and a sprinkle of coarsely ground enriched salt. It’s served with classically-prepared crispy flatbread and is priced at $19.”

Jeremy: I’ll take it!

Chef: Slops can of Campbell’s cream of mushroom into a cup and tosses a few packages of Premium soda crackers on the saucer. 

And Jeremy wouldn't know the difference. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, mynextmistake said:

Waiter: “Tonight we’re offering a lovely locally-sourced bisque made with organically preserved champignon blanc mushrooms blended with cream and a sprinkle of coarsely ground enriched salt. It’s served with classically-prepared crispy flatbread and is priced at $19.”

Jeremy: I’ll take it!

Chef: Slops can of Campbell’s cream of mushroom into a cup and tosses a few packages of Premium soda crackers on the saucer. 

How would you describe tater tot casserole for Fancy Pants Jeremy?

• LOL 3
24 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

They wore a white T-shirt and crappy polo to promote their book? Way to look like you care, losers. I mean, given what's going on with Josh plus having a new kid, I don't give them too much grief for looking exhausted but try a little bit. I give them no grief for not having gotten haircuts, however. I haven't had a haircut since January 2020 and I won't until a good while after the immunity from my second vaccine sets in.

It wasn't a sponsored event for their book.  All Jer and Jing did was go to their local Barnes and Noble and signed the copies already there.  There were no fans standing in line buying the book, no reading, no meet and greet, etc.  This is a cute way to get people to pop on in and buy one of those special copies.  A lot of authors are doing this now.

• Useful 5
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, mynextmistake said:

I see you’ve eaten at Wellington’s!

• LOL 18
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

It wasn't a sponsored event for their book.  All Jer and Jing did was go to their local Barnes and Noble and signed the copies already there.  There were no fans standing in line buying the book, no reading, no meet and greet, etc.  This is a cute way to get people to pop on in and buy one of those special copies.  A lot of authors are doing this now.

Yes, but for as image-obsessed they are, they really ought to have dressed a bit nicer. Like, Jinger could have worn a blouse and simple earrings with nice jeans. They didn't need to dress to the 9's, but some effort would have gone a long way. We know they have nice clothes that aren't cheap.  

• Love 19
56 minutes ago, mynextmistake said:

“This evening’s special is our incomparable deconstructed potato terrine, which you might have seen featured on television. It’s made from diced and pressed shade-grown potatoes sautéed until crispy in a unique blend of vegetable oils, then combined with farm-to-table beef, champignon blanc mushrooms, locally-sourced onions, cream, and a proprietary blend of savory spices and oven-baked until golden brown. It’s served with homemade bread and a huge green salad, and we’re offering it for $39.99.”

Brilliant thank you! 

I think you wrote Sam stories for Jill. 

• Love 7

People magazine has a "source" telling them that Jinger and Jeremy are "disgusted" by the revelations about Josh. That is great to hear they're horrified but why do I think the "source" might be Jeremy himself? The book title is dropped in the article too. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
18 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

They're doing an Instagram live tomorrow. Who here thinks this is very bad idea?

*Raises hand* Yeah, I'm not sure that's the route I'd take right now. The comment section could get ugly.

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

*Raises hand* Yeah, I'm not sure that's the route I'd take right now. The comment section could get ugly.

What time is it? I will watch just to read the comments! 😂

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
23 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

They're doing an Instagram live tomorrow. Who here thinks this is very bad idea?

It's not the choice I woulda gone with.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

What time is it? I will watch just to read the comments! 😂

Jeremy announced on his story.  Tomorrow - "Sometime mid-morning" (California time). He said "be on the lookout of us going live." They are going to read an excerpt. They also are going to make a big announcement for something happening next Tuesday.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Jeremy announced on his story.  Tomorrow - "Sometime mid-morning" (California time). He said "be on the lookout of us going live." They are going to read an excerpt. They also are going to make a big announcement for something happening next Tuesday.

Okey doke. I may or may not have my phone on by his definition of "midmorning" (I'm in his time zone).

• Love 5
(edited)

That Live right now seems . . . incredibly ill-advised. Unless they just want to be bombarded with questions about Josh, and I assume they really don't. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 10
26 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

It's not the choice I woulda gone with.

Sales must not be as brisk as anticipated. 😂

1 minute ago, Zella said:

That Live right now seems . . . incredibly ill-advised. Unless they just want to be bombarded with questions about Josh, and I assume they really don't. 

They typically ignore the comments on their lives. 

• Love 9
20 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

They typically ignore the comments on their lives. 

I'm just envisioning them silently and awkwardly scrolling past tons of comments trying to find one that they want to answer. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
(edited)
2 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I was just wondering if they could turn off the comments? I have no clue how Lives operate.

True. When I was forced to participate in Facebook Lives for work, the person in charge was finding questions in the comments as a basis for interaction, so that is where my mind always goes. But you're right that they could turn off questions and do a prepared whatever--or I assume so. That has much less disaster potential, for sure, but I also feel like whatever announcement they are going to make is going to be drowned out by Josh being Josh. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I was just wondering if they could turn off the comments? I have no clue how Lives operate.

I didn't think you could turn off the comments but apparently you can according to google. Thats a bummer. No one wants to just hear them read and excerpt and talk AT us. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
52 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

I didn't think you could turn off the comments but apparently you can according to google. Thats a bummer. No one wants to just hear them read and excerpt and talk AT us. 

That's all they ever do on their lives. They never interact with the hoi polloi. 🙄

• Love 7

If Jing and Jer turn off their comments isn't it basically a video they can't edit? When I think of "live" on SM, I think of interactive, not a potential blooper reel.

• Love 14
14 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

Thanks! I did, yes. I love writing and get basically no chance to do it at my day job (RN) so it’s fun to do these little vignettes sometimes.

Those were awesome! 

• Love 6
(edited)

I can’t stop thinking that I bet Jinger wishes she had listened to her heart and said goodbye to goofy, underachieving Jeremy!

Edited by Jeanne222
  • Love 11

My guess is they are not going to announce anything of substance. This really seems like a desperate "can we change the conversation?" move. 

I could be wrong! I also wondered if they even realized the timing of this announcement coincided with Derick's graduation. I doubt whatever they are announcing is as noteworthy. 

• Love 12