Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

(edited)
4 hours ago, crazy8s said:

jingle.jpg

Looking at this picture, does it strike anyone else as funny that Jeremy is walking distanced from Jinger and the other guy? If you didn't know the context, you'd think he's the celebrity and they're his staff: nanny and bodyguard. 

It just reminds me of when celebrities do famewhore strolls through airports. They always make sure they're photographed holding the kids while their employees trail behind them wrangling the luggage. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Useful 1
  • Love 18
(edited)

I think one of the first things that made me go hmm about Jeremy was some outfit he wore in Laredo right before the L.A. move. Before then, he seemed to wear pretty standard stuff, but I just remember all of us laughing our asses off about his grandpa outfit and speculating on whether he was dressing like that to court MacArthur. Compared to the look he's rocking now, it was pretty yawn-worthy. We had no clue what awaited us. LOLOL 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 14
  • Love 2
(edited)

I found Jeremy relatively attractive facially and I think he would still be OK if he shaved off the beard and had a good haircut.  He had a very attractive body in the days before the trendy and/or pretentious outfits and he is not as lean as he was.

I was mostly neutral to him otherwise, before I learned his odious positions on so many things.  In spite of all, I do appreciate him liberating Jinger from the Duggar compound.  I do realize that she has nothing like a liberated life with Jeremy, but I think she is still better off across the country from Arkansas.

Edited by Suzn
  • Love 12

I think distance from Jim Bob has to be good for any of the Duggar offspring.  She, like Jill, is no longer attending a true fundie church.  She can make friends and live her life without Jim Bob being able to readily snoop on her or monitor her daily life.  She has a husband strong enough to disagree with Jim Bob on some issues.  If Jeremy doesn't get a job with the Grace Community organization when he finishes seminary, I think it would be better for both of them.  I could see Jeremy coming to get more slack about church following and attendance if he had a secular job.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, crazy8s said:

jingle.jpg

Why don’t they stop buying ugly jackets and Nikes and buy an actual stroller?
The car seat-on-umbrella-stroller death trap device makes me anxious.

Idiots. 

• Love 20
3 minutes ago, Bridget said:

Why don’t they stop buying ugly jackets and Nikes and buy an actual stroller?
The car seat-on-umbrella-stroller death trap device makes me anxious.

Idiots. 

Didn’t MOTY teach them to do that???

• Love 10
5 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Reddit posters have taken to blurring the kids' faces. Some of our posters are fond of taking pictures from Reddit.

Reddit posters have the right idea, IMHO.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Don't feel bad. He hid his more annoying aspects for quite a while. He didn't have fame at the time so it hadn't yet had a chance to go to his head (and swell his credit card bill).  In the early days, there was also still a possibility that he might, for example, learn to be a decent preacher, pastor and human being. There was no way to tell at the time that that ship had apparently already sailed! 

And no matter how we feel about Jeremy --  or Derick  -- I think we can still applaud the fact that they've moved Jill and Jinger away from the TTH and into at least slightly different worlds. That's a huge plus for Jill and Jinge, in my opinion, no matter what other flaws the guys have. 

Yeah, the not looking at the baby is egregious. And the fact that he doesn't seem to realize that makes it even worse. 

They moved far away, but Jeremy still allowed Jinger’s abuser to come and stay with them in LA. With them and his toddler daughter.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
Just now, Cinnabon said:

MacArthur‘s church and his ideas seem just as heinous to me as the ones she left, unfortunately.

Yeah I don't really think Jinger is leading an inherently better life. It's different but seems just as awful in its own way. 

• Love 18
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Looking at this picture, does it strike anyone else as funny that Jeremy is walking distanced from Jinger and the other guy? If you didn't know the context, you'd think he's the celebrity and they're his staff: nanny and bodyguard. 

It just reminds me of when celebrities do famewhore strolls through airports. They always make sure they're photographed holding the kids while their employees trail behind them wrangling the luggage. 

Given that Jeremy is the one walking behind Jinger and the other guy, it looks more like Jinger and the other guy are the couple, and Jeremy is their flamboyant metrosexual bodyguard who just remembered that he had to wear a mask. Although it looks like Jinger was the only one there who was sensible about wearing a mask.

• LOL 20
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

So Jinger isn’t blonde anymore?

She's half blonde or as Jinger put it, balayage. If we saw her from behind she's have a blonde ponytail. 

• Useful 1
29 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Hunh. We used to call that “way overdue for a root touch up,” but times change... I guess.

Laziness, but make it fashion.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6

I think Jinger looks great. For my money, she's snatched Jessa's crown as Most Beautiful Duggar Girl, roots showing and all. Jessa seems less interested in fashion these days (not judging), but Jinger always looks like she's put some thought into her overall look and aesthetic. Also, her skin is great. Say what you will about their move to LA (and there's plenty to say), but Jinger has never looked lovelier.

The less said about Jeremy, the better.

• Love 17

I noticed their social media is quiet this morning, at least on Instagram. I feel bad for them. This is the week of their big book launch, and even though I have no plans to read their book, they don't deserve to have their lives hijacked by Josh again. I wonder if they were supposed to do interviews this week. What a mess.

• Love 15
12 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

I noticed their social media is quiet this morning, at least on Instagram. I feel bad for them. This is the week of their big book launch, and even though I have no plans to read their book, they don't deserve to have their lives hijacked by Josh again. I wonder if they were supposed to do interviews this week. What a mess.

There is no way they're going to do interviews with the major networks or other prestigious news outlets.  None of those places are going to give them the time of day unless they are willing to talk about the charges against Josh.  And there is no way that discussing Josh' perversions is going to square with Jinger's story of the perfect childhood with the best parents who handled Josh's issues perfectly.  

Either, Jinger is going to have to publicly admit that her parents didn't do right by their kids when the molestation occurred, or she's going to have to claim that Josh is just being persecuted by the anti-Christian liberals.   Her parents won't like the first explanation; the reporters won't accept the second one.  If she admitted that her parents weren't perfect, she'd also be left with having to explain why she didn't say so in her book instead of praising them.

They will probably get some softball interviews with online leghumpers and some Christian media who will agree to avoid all mention of Josh; but their big opportunity to sell their book to people who might otherwise never hear about it is gone.

• Love 17

Do you think they would have had a big media push anyway? I don’t know how any of this works anymore with Covid and virtual interviews, but I wouldn’t think their publishers would have been throwing much (if any) of their money or clout toward getting them PR for what is essentially a vanity press book?

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

for what is essentially a vanity press book?

It's not actually a vanity press book, in the strictest sense of the word, though. I'd assumed that when we first learned there was a book, but Worthy is a Hachette Book imprint. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Do you think they would have had a big media push anyway? I don’t know how any of this works anymore with Covid and virtual interviews, but I wouldn’t think their publishers would have been throwing much (if any) of their money or clout toward getting them PR for what is essentially a vanity press book?

Everything about this book and it's release has been strange.  Back in the fall, Publishers Weekly did a writeup about the relaunch of Worthy Books and how the Vuolo's book was going to be their tentpole launch.  Then crickets.  I don't know what happened, but the publisher should have been hounding Jer and Jin to post about their upcoming book for months.  Neither Vuolo did anything until April 7th, a month out of publication.  The authors I follow on Twitter and Instagram start pushing their next book 6 months out.  I don't know how much different the Christian publishing world differs from the rest, but this does not feel right.  I don't expect the Vuolos to do bookstore events even before Covid, but it has been a whole lot of nothing.  

• Useful 7
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Oldernowiser said:

All of the major celeb interview shows have been doing virtual interviews for a year now.  Jing and Jer live in LA, giving them easy access to TV studios or to television crews to get an interview on tape.

The big celeb shows like Entertainment Tonight and Access Hollywood are very reliant on interviews with reality TV participants these days and I think one or both would've interviewed them for sure.

Then, in these late COVID days, I think the morning network news shows are still short on fluff pieces to fill time since not many new movies are out and there is less mainstream media to plug.  I could see Jer and Jing doing the third hour of the Today Show or similar.

However, I don't think any of those venues would interview them now without being free to ask about Josh.

• Useful 3
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Everything about this book and it's release has been strange.  Back in the fall, Publishers Weekly did a writeup about the relaunch of Worthy Books and how the Vuolo's book was going to be their tentpole launch.  Then crickets.  I don't know what happened, but the publisher should have been hounding Jer and Jin to post about their upcoming book for months.  Neither Vuolo did anything until April 7th, a month out of publication.  The authors I follow on Twitter and Instagram start pushing their next book 6 months out.  I don't know how much different the Christian publishing world differs from the rest, but this does not feel right.  I don't expect the Vuolos to do bookstore events even before Covid, but it has been a whole lot of nothing.  

I've pointed this out jokingly, but even Joe Exotic is already beating the PR drum about his book that is coming out in November and has been doing so for months. And he's in prison! 

It is baffling to me that they waited a month before the release to say anything. We've known on this board since last fall, I think. 

• Love 19
11 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Looks to me like Worthy has been treating The Miracle Collectors as the tentpole launch for quite a while now. Those authors have been doing a lot of promotion both pre- and post-publication....and Worthy's been featuring their book. In other words, they've been acting like most authors do ..... 

Not coincidentally, I'd say that book is probably about 10,000 times better than the Vuolos' book. ....

But looks to me that the two books have quite different sales pictures -- the Vuolos' could presumably pick up a very specific evangelical audience, plus some others who've loved Jinger on tv since she was young.

By contrast, The Miracle Collectors doesn't have a specific religious group backing it, and it's written by women who write, not media celebs. It's gotten a lot of very positive reader reviews, but it's also gotten bashed hard by some evangelicals at Amazon and elsewhere because it's not evangelical but references Catholic and other religious (and even non-religious but spiritual) traditions. So while it may actually have much broader appeal if people actually found out about it, it has no built-in audience with members who are sure to buy -- except maybe for readers of the authors' first book; however, that one wasn't published by Worthy and it came out way back in 2010.

In other words, The Miracle Collectors entails a much much harder marketing lift -- or at least it should have, if the Vuolos had done what publishers expect of authors today.....And now of course we've got the Josh problem -- although frankly I can see some number fundie women and tv fans running to buy the Vuolos' book now, when they might not have before, to show solidarity with Jingle and to help her out....

Is it possible they were stupid enough to believe that the Vuolos' idiotic claim to be "breakout stars" meant they could produce a solid, strong-selling book? ....And then realized midstream that, uh, no, that wouldn't happen? So they switched their main campaign to The Miracle Collectors instead?

I'd love to know the details of how this whole odd publishing story went down. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Churchhoney said:

Looks to me like Worthy has been treating The Miracle Collectors as the tentpole launch for quite a while now. Those authors have been doing a lot of promotion both pre- and post-publication....and Worthy's been featuring their book. In other words, they've been acting like most authors do ..... 

Not coincidentally, I'd say that book is probably about 10,000 times better than the Vuolos' book. ....

But looks to me that the two books have quite different sales pictures -- the Vuolos' could presumably pick up a very specific evangelical audience, plus some others who've loved Jinger on tv since she was young.

By contrast, The Miracle Collectors doesn't have a specific religious group backing it, and it's written by women who write, not media celebs. It's gotten a lot of very positive reader reviews, but it's also gotten bashed hard by some evangelicals at Amazon and elsewhere because it's not evangelical but references Catholic and other religious (and even non-religious but spiritual) traditions. So while it may actually have much broader appeal if people actually found out about it, it has no built-in audience with members who are sure to buy -- except maybe for readers of the authors' first book; however, that one wasn't published by Worthy and it came out way back in 2010.

In other words, The Miracle Collectors entails a much much harder marketing lift -- or at least it should have, if the Vuolos had done what publishers expect of authors today.....And now of course we've got the Josh problem -- although frankly I can see some number fundie women and tv fans running to buy the Vuolos' book now, when they might not have before, to show solidarity with Jingle and to help her out....

Is it possible they were stupid enough to believe that the Vuolos' idiotic claim to be "breakout stars" meant they could produce a solid, strong-selling book? ....And then realized midstream that, uh, no, that wouldn't happen? So they switched their main campaign to The Miracle Collectors instead?

I'd love to know the details of how this whole odd publishing story went down. 

There's also the issue of the authors using an agent.  We have speculated whether or not the Vuolos are using one.  They may not have, hence the abysmal promotion.  Agents are really necessary to help an author through self-promotion and helping land interviews to further sales.  Every week there are at least 50 titles being released, and only so many interview opportunities.   A good agent gets your press release into the hands of the bookers.  Not that I would expect The Today Show, or Good Morning America or Terry Gross to come calling on the Vuolos, but you never know.

• Love 7
(edited)

I am about 99.9% sure no agent was involved. None is listed for them in Publishers Marketplace, so if there was an agent, he or she is small potatoes with no real industry cred. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 9
19 hours ago, EarlGreyTea said:

I think Jinger looks great. For my money, she's snatched Jessa's crown as Most Beautiful Duggar Girl, roots showing and all. Jessa seems less interested in fashion these days (not judging), but Jinger always looks like she's put some thought into her overall look and aesthetic. Also, her skin is great. Say what you will about their move to LA (and there's plenty to say), but Jinger has never looked lovelier.

I think Jinger looks nice too. She had her pregnancy during a pandemic, and with everything thats been going on I wouldnt judge her hair color choices the way I would in non pandemic times. I don't have to be concerned with two small children but I want to get my hair colored as well soon. That outfit looks casual and comfortable yet stylish. The shoes arent "me" but they go with the aesthetic of the outfit. 

• Love 5

Right before the latest Josh atrocity blew up, I wanted to snark about Jer & Jing's Instagram Live with Jessa. From Jer's POV its purpose was to promote their book, but when Jessa finally got on (she showed up at least 5 minutes late into their Live; they kept checking to see if she was there yet), she and Jing were making small talk about their kids. And Jer was just squirming. Then Ivy kept whining/crying in the background and Henry or Spurg was saying stuff out loud, so Jessa was really distracted. The 3 adults would start to talk, but have to pause while Jessa looked towards/listened to her kids. Even I was thinking, why didn't she have someone there to supervise her kids if she knew she was going to do this book promotion with Jing? She finally got up and went and got Ivy, which then prompted more talk about Ivy. Meanwhile Jer was tensely drinking from his water bottle and grimacing, but trying to act like he wasn't about to jump out of his skin. FINALLY, Jessa said something about their book, and Jer just ran with it, became all sales-y like he'd been doing for several days prior, explaining why this book was written to help all of us. That's been his spiel - how this book is some labor of love for us🙄

• Useful 8
  • LOL 9
  • Love 5
19 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

Right before the latest Josh atrocity blew up, I wanted to snark about Jer & Jing's Instagram Live with Jessa. From Jer's POV its purpose was to promote their book, but when Jessa finally got on (she showed up at least 5 minutes late into their Live; they kept checking to see if she was there yet), she and Jing were making small talk about their kids. And Jer was just squirming. Then Ivy kept whining/crying in the background and Henry or Spurg was saying stuff out loud, so Jessa was really distracted. The 3 adults would start to talk, but have to pause while Jessa looked towards/listened to her kids. Even I was thinking, why didn't she have someone there to supervise her kids if she knew she was going to do this book promotion with Jing? She finally got up and went and got Ivy, which then prompted more talk about Ivy. Meanwhile Jer was tensely drinking from his water bottle and grimacing, but trying to act like he wasn't about to jump out of his skin. FINALLY, Jessa said something about their book, and Jer just ran with it, became all sales-y like he'd been doing for several days prior, explaining why this book was written to help all of us. That's been his spiel - how this book is some labor of love for us🙄

Way to help out your supposed lifelong "best friend," Jess. ☹️

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Hold up…US us? Or Duggar us?

Because the day I need help from a grifting unemployed pretentious fashion freak with a designer Bible will be…never…so Jer can kiss off with himself.

Us us - we the hoped-for readers. Over several Instagram videos over the course of a few days (pre-Josh arrest), Jer kept trying to describe why they wrote this book - to be of so much help to the reader. Apparently their lives both individually and together have been remarkably inspirational.

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

Us us - we the hoped-for readers. Over several Instagram videos over the course of a few days (pre-Josh arrest), Jer kept trying to describe why they wrote this book - to be of so much help to the reader. Apparently their lives both individually and together have been remarkably inspirational.

Oh FFS. 

To borrow the exquisitely-crafted phrase by @Zahdii, that technicolor fame-douche REALLY needs a reality check.

Does no one in this entire extended gaggle have a working bullshit detector?? You’d think, statistically, there would have to be one, at least?

• LOL 11
  • Love 4
(edited)
21 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

WOACB joined the launch team and has finally gotten a chance to start reading the book. She says it's "awful " She adds that the Jinger chapters are very simple and short, while Jer's chapters are long-winded and take forever to make a point. No surprises there. 😁

We already had someone put in a request for the book at the library I work at. WE don't have it on order but probably will order it now. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

One author that I follow advertises her books daily. She is also affiliated with a local book store and promotes it heavily, 

Jer and Jingle are failing even at this book opportunity 🙄🙄🙄

• Love 3
(edited)
15 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I'm curious what press they'll do tomorrow. Or will it just be Insta posts?

I’m guessing no press 

Definitely no LIVE Q & A On Instagram 

I am interested in how many books they sell in a month 

Edited by iwantcookies
  • Love 2
On 5/2/2021 at 7:48 PM, EarlGreyTea said:

Jinger is definitely very pretty. I think Joy is prettier though. They are my two favorites.  

• Love 4

First of all, I think that all of the Duggars are bone lazy. I would have been much more surprised if these two had gotten out and hustled and really made an effort to promote this book.

That being said, I wonder if they were given a heads up about the arrest. If they had known it was coming, or even just known that some "big thing" involving Josh was on the horizon, that may have influenced them and led them to try to lower their profile in the past couple of months instead of jumping all over book promotion. They've seemed more depressed than excited about the publication of their book and they may have recently found out about the timing and realized that it was doomed before it was even published,

Jill posted something a week or two ago about dealing with her stress. We theorized that it might have to do with Derick's finals, but she didn't provide any context or any follow-up.

Multiple people have noted that Josiah has been completely missing from SM for weeks.

I think that they knew something was up, but maybe not exactly what it was -- I would imagine that they knew it was bad since it involved Josh.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

Multiple people have noted that Josiah has been completely missing from SM for weeks.

I think that they knew something was up, but maybe not exactly what it was -- I would imagine that they knew it was bad since it involved Josh.

There is a rumor that Josiah testified for the grand jury as part of the evidence needed to issue an indictment, since he worked at the car lot with Josh. But thats a RUMOR.

• Useful 13
1 minute ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Interesting. I thought Josiah worked at Jed's lot, which is still open. 

As said it's a rumor but maybe Josiah gets around. 😆