Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

The USA Today bestseller list for the past week was released today, and the Vuolo's did make it on there.  The Hope We Hold is at #101 out of 150.  So 100 other books sold better than theirs last week.  USA Today looks at all books for all ages on this list.  

• Useful 9
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

The USA Today bestseller list for the past week was released today, and the Vuolo's did make it on there.  The Hope We Hold is at #101 out of 150.  So 100 other books sold better than theirs last week.  USA Today looks at all books for all ages on this list.  

So the can add bestselling authors to their resumes. 🤦🏽‍♀️

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

It's a gift from the leghumpers. 

BestSelling just refers to the number of stores that buy copies. It doesn’t count the number of actual people that bought copies.  I’m guessing that number is much, much lower. 

Bestselling Artesian Toilet Paper.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1
Just now, JoanArc said:

BestSelling just refers to the number of stores that buy copies. It doesn’t count the number of actual people that bought copies.  I’m guessing that number is much, much lower. 

No the list uses actual sales not how many books the stores ordered.  From USA Today's website--

Each week, USA TODAY collects sales data from booksellers representing a variety of outlets: bookstore chains, independent bookstores, mass merchandisers and online retailers. Using that data, we determine the week's 150 top-selling titles. The first 50 are published in the print version of USA TODAY each Thursday. The top 150 are published online. The rankings reflect sales from the previous Monday through Sunday.

USA TODAY's Best Selling Books list is a ranking of titles selling well each week at a broad range of retail outlets. It reflects combined sales of titles in print and electronic format, if available. For example, if Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice sells copies in hardcover, paperback and e-book during a particular week, sales from each format are combined to determine its rank. The description of a title and the publisher name refers to the version selling the most copies in a particular week - hardcover (H), paperback (P) and e-book (E).

• Useful 8
  • Love 4
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

No the list uses actual sales not how many books the stores ordered.  From USA Today's website--

Each week, USA TODAY collects sales data from booksellers representing a variety of outlets: bookstore chains, independent bookstores, mass merchandisers and online retailers. Using that data, we determine the week's 150 top-selling titles. The first 50 are published in the print version of USA TODAY each Thursday. The top 150 are published online. The rankings reflect sales from the previous Monday through Sunday.

USA TODAY's Best Selling Books list is a ranking of titles selling well each week at a broad range of retail outlets. It reflects combined sales of titles in print and electronic format, if available. For example, if Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice sells copies in hardcover, paperback and e-book during a particular week, sales from each format are combined to determine its rank. The description of a title and the publisher name refers to the version selling the most copies in a particular week - hardcover (H), paperback (P) and e-book (E).

Still not seeing how that translates to end-user purchases.

My admittedly quick reading a Wikipedia says that USA today does not break up sales between stores /buyers.

regardless, it doesn’t matter, this won’t save them.  I also wouldn’t be terribly surprised at MacArthur bought a ton of copies.

Edited by JoanArc
3 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Still not seeing how that translates to end-user purchases.

Sale means end-user purchase.  Ebooks are straightforward, each sale means someone purchased the book through Amazon, Kobo, Apple or Google.  For physical books, the bookstores keep track of every book they sell and give that data to USA Today.  If the bookstores receipt of inventory counted as sales, then there would be no bestseller lists.  Bookstores technically buy the books from the publishers, but those are not sales.  It's an agreement for the bookseller to sell the book for the publisher, but the publisher still holds certain rights to the actual books.  Each publisher has their own rules as to what the bookseller can do with the books.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Sale means end-user purchase.  Ebooks are straightforward, each sale means someone purchased the book through Amazon, Kobo, Apple or Google.  For physical books, the bookstores keep track of every book they sell and give that data to USA Today.  If the bookstores receipt of inventory counted as sales, then there would be no bestseller lists.  Bookstores technically buy the books from the publishers, but those are not sales.  It's an agreement for the bookseller to sell the book for the publisher, but the publisher still holds certain rights to the actual books.  Each publisher has their own rules as to what the bookseller can do with the books.  

Thank you, and that’s interesting. But I’m still on team Pyrrhic victory for this one .

• LOL 7
3 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

What is with JereME and "Homie" all of a sudden?

1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

Jeremy is even more lame by using homie 

Homie Pocket square Vuolo 

What are the odds if he senses any homie backlash his next attempt to make fetch happen is either mangled Greek or botched Hebrew?

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
(edited)

It's starting to remind me of Jay Gatsby calling everyone "old sport," but I at least find that weirdly amusing (I sometimes call people "old sport" in my head), unlike Jeremy using "homie." 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 16
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Jill left and sets the pace for any that chose to follow her but with that said Jill also has a husband with an accounting and law degree!

Jinger left.  Jill is still in Arkansas.  And sets no pace.  Her husband is irrelevant.  

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Indeed. 

But book stores are only stocking the potentially multiple-use pages because they know one of the (more or less recognizable photoshopped-to-a-fare-thee-well) faces on the cover has a lot of leghumpers.

And I wouldn't be surprised if, during these days of Josh Horror #3? 4? 5? Infinity?, more leghumpers than usual are actually buying -- as a way to support their girl. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3

I hope Jinger is okay. Her face is starting to look really skeletal. I had a friend in high school who suffered from anorexia, and she was an absolute wizard at appearing to eat adequate calories. She'd have a big spread in front of her at lunch, held a sandwich in her hand, picked apart an orange etc., but it wasn't until her diagnosis that we realized she never actually put any of it in her mouth. Jinger is giving me those same vibes with all the recent food pics. I hope I'm wrong but Joshgate 3.0 could've been a trigger for her.

• Useful 3
18 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Jinger left but replaced one set of stupidity for another. SHe's in LA but doing everything her vain, narcissistic husband wants her to do. It's not an improvement at all.

Yeah and exchanging Jim Bob for Mac Daddy isn't an upgrade in headship either. More of a lateral move. 

• Love 18
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Jinger left but replaced one set of stupidity for another. SHe's in LA but doing everything her vain, narcissistic husband wants her to do. It's not an improvement at all.

Rather than zero improvement, I'd call it a minuscule improvement just because she is over a thousand miles away from the site of her original indoctrination and only has one boss instead of living 24/7 inside the full-on Duggar/Gothard system of mind control that began tying her in knots at birth. 

But otherwise, yeah. What you said. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 16

She exchanged super patriarchy for milder patriarchy.  BC is allowed and freely practiced, pants are freely worn, modesty is not harped upon constantly, plus women get educations and jobs if they want.  Things like Gothard's "eye traps" are gone and I don't think there is an abuse enabling instruction being preached.  

It's still a man's world in MacArthur land, just a slightly less toxic version.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
34 minutes ago, Crochetlady said:

She looks.. Pissed? Annoyed? Odd picture. 

The cartoon character laughing at her is also a surreal touch. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
(edited)
20 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

He thinks it’s 1995?

Good lord, even further back. Homie the Clown goes back to the late 80's. I watched In Living Color religiously.

😀

OIP.jpeg

Edited by emmawoodhouse
Homie don't play that!
  • LOL 12
  • Love 4
30 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

It would be interesting to know if Jinger genuinely shares Jeremy's stance, and if so what it took for her to arrive at that conclusion.

IMO they were looped into what the feds were looking for in the raid shortly after she had her baby and received word much more recently that the arrest warrant was coming.   No more mystery about why both have been seen somewhat disheveled compared to their usual aesthetic, with Jinger gaunt and exhausted and Jeremy looking doughy and bleary eyed.

Jeremy recognizes the need to draw a clear line of distinction between them and Josh and is doing so in a very mindful way that pays as much respect as he can to the rest of his wife's family.   I'm actually impressed and wonder whose PR savvy directed his comments.   

• Love 15

Does Jeremy spend his days thinking up stupid ideas like the ironing picture? I'm beginning to loathe him even more than usual for dragging Jinger into this stuff. Doesn't she have enough to do without posing for staged photos? 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Zella said:

It's smart, and I also do think Jeremy is probably genuinely very disturbed by the charges, especially since he has small children of his own. I'm obviously not a fan of his, but based on how quickly they released a statement and the fact it has since been followed by another one that's fairly strongly worded, my guess is the initial news creeped him out already and then he heard the description of what Josh downloaded in the bond hearing and was profoundly grossed out by it. 

Maybe. But, given all the previous tone-deaf Jeremy-centric posts, I think it's more closely related to how the Joshstuff directed attention away from his book release. This is a way for him to redirect attention: "JOSH IS BAD! (buy our book)"

• Love 9
1 minute ago, skatelady said:

Maybe. But, given all the previous tone-deaf Jeremy-centric posts, I think it's more closely related to how the Joshstuff directed attention away from his book release. This is a way for him to redirect attention: "JOSH IS BAD! (buy our book)"

That's true, but I also don't think Jeremy actually is very invested in the book. LOL I have never seen a first-time author so obviously not give a shit about a book coming out. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, Zella said:

That's true, but I also don't think Jeremy actually is very invested in the book. LOL I have never seen a first-time author so obviously not give a shit about a book coming out. 

Is he "not invested"? Or is he just lazy, and ASSUMED the book would be magically successful? Or was he interested in it when they started writing, but then lost interest when he was drawn to a new shiny object? 

Only the shadow knows.....

• LOL 11
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, skatelady said:

Is he "not invested"? Or is he just lazy, and ASSUMED the book would be magically successful? Or was he interested in it when they started writing, but then lost interest when he was drawn to a new shiny object? 

Only the shadow knows.....

It's the same end result, though. He was way over this book before it was ever released. 

• Love 9

I wonder who set up that Today Show interview.  Obviously NBC and the other major networks all want the exclusive interview with a Duggar sibling preferably one of Josh's victims (🤢🤢).  Did the publisher set up this interview or did the Vuolos agree in a way to sell the book?  As horrific as Josh is, it does look like someone in the Vuolo camp decided to use it to sell more books. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I wonder who set up that Today Show interview.  Obviously NBC and the other major networks all want the exclusive interview with a Duggar sibling preferably one of Josh's victims (🤢🤢).  Did the publisher set up this interview or did the Vuolos agree in a way to sell the book?  As horrific as Josh is, it does look like someone in the Vuolo camp decided to use it to sell more books. 

I would imagine they have had . . . not fun conversations with their publisher recently. It's obviously not their fault that her brother is a disgusting piece of shit, but they were so negligent and terrible at the prerelease PR stuff that I'm not sure the publisher was inclined to be patient with them when the shit hit the fan the week before their book was released. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 6