Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

m53vpgpr4ex61.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

In some ways, I think that Jinger is lucky -- she's 1500 miles away from the TTH, they're living in a fun and interesting town, and they seem to be financially okay (why, I can't fathom). 

On the other hand, she's 1500 miles away from home; she doesn't have any friends and doesn't appear to engage in any activities outside the home where she might meet new people, and Jeremy seems to be around 24/7. It's got to be exhausting being around the same person all day every day -- especially when that person is Jeremy.

• Love 24
(edited)
7 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Well now they got material for book #2... 

Or maybe they can write kids books.

Well, Jer's told us that their books are written to HELP US. They aren't written just to tell us about the Vuolos. It's all about HELPING US. ...

So I'm expecting the next book to go the Gothard route. He was also all about HELPING US. Suggested title -- The Wisdom Book of the Technicolor Fame-Douche (Volume 1)

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 13
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

“Why can’t I like him now?”

Because you had actually gotten to know him a little more, Jinger, and the last remaining glimmers of your once promising bullshit detector were screaming at you?

THIS IS WHY PEOPLE DATE!!!

Poor Jinger.  Her instincts were screaming at her and yet she’d been told for so long she wasn’t capable of thoughts and instincts. And even when she expresses her thoughts.... boom.  People are there to tell her she’s wrong. 

• Love 22
8 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

THIS IS WHY PEOPLE DATE!!!

Poor Jinger.  Her instincts were screaming at her and yet she’d been told for so long she wasn’t capable of thoughts and instincts. And even when she expresses her thoughts.... boom.  People are there to tell her she’s wrong. 

Yep. Even Joshua Harris knows this now. But not the Duggars. ☹️

• Love 4
17 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

m53vpgpr4ex61.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

That caption is just mean spirited, as is printing the photo.

Jinger's head is hung low to take a walk and Josh smirked for a mug shot?!?!?!

• Love 5

Without a Crystal Ball says she's on the promotion team for Jinger and Jeremy's book. That seems very strange given the fact that she makes gossip videos about their family. What is the deal with her, is she just a professional grifter?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, IndianPaintbrush said:

Without a Crystal Ball says she's on the promotion team for Jinger and Jeremy's book. That seems very strange given the fact that she makes gossip videos about their family. What is the deal with her, is she just a professional grifter?

She happily re-post content from Reddit as her own. 

I posted that parody picture of Jill’s book in the Jill thread. The crystal ball lady claimed that her husband’s former roommate made it. Someone Reddit did and got pissed at her.   Her only claim to fame is that she can occasionally get some of the funds to do weak ass interviews with her that she doesn’t even publish, just summarize. 

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, IndianPaintbrush said:

I think that's what they were calling anyone who requested a free copy. It probably was an automated system, so I doubt any request was turned down. It's also possible they don't know who she is. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Oldernowiser said:

They won’t let me look at that without signing into IG apparently, which I refuse to join, so can someone describe? Some comic relief would be good right now…

A soft blue fitted dress shirt. A long luxurious light blue tie with a mauve and navy design. A beautifully structured mauve tweed sport coat and well fitted off white slacks with a cummerbund waistband. Swoon. lol

• Useful 1
  • LOL 20
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Thank you. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to find my eyeballs as they have rolled entirely out of my head and have escaped the building.

But then you would have to see that monstrosity of a tie again!

• LOL 6
On 5/5/2021 at 8:45 AM, BitterApple said:

I don't know if this has been posted already, but yikes. Book excerpt in People. 

https://people.com/tv/jinger-duggar-and-jeremy-vuolo-detail-why-their-relationship-almost-didnt-happen-in-new-book/

Maybe they spiced up details of their story to make things more interesting, but if it's true I find the elements very disturbing.

Jinger talks about having a crisis 5/6 months in and feeling like she didn't want to continue the courtship. Jeremy says he was angry that the Duggars pulled a "bait and switch" and that he'd "wasted" months of his life. The end result was Bin, Jessa and Michelle convincing Jinger that Jeremy was the one.

It sounds to me like Jinger's intuition was screaming "Stop! Do not proceed!" and she was bullied into ignoring it. I also find it very telling that Jeremy's immediate reaction was selfish and cold. He comes across more like an executive pissed he lost a business deal than a guy on the verge of losing the love of his life. I really think Jinger was nothing more than a means to an end and I wonder if he truly cares for her at all. The whole thing makes me sad.

So many unintentionally hilarious moments here. My favorite “My phone rang. It was Ben. ... He convinced me to come back to the campus and pick him up.”

Ben: Uh, sorry you’re heartbroken, dude, but can I still get a ride? 

• LOL 21
(edited)

Judging from the brief excerpt I read, Jinger's "doubts" seemed less about Jeremy and more him causing friction with her family.

"There were so many conflicting opinions, and I felt like I would divide my family and friends if I moved forward. If I said yes to Jeremy, I would open the floodgates to other people's opinions and criticism."

We saw how Jim Bob and Jeremy originally clashed when they were in Laredo. It's less she had doubts and more she wasn't sure her entire family liked him.  They're trying to be Romeo and Juliet, and by Romeo and Juliet, I mean that Taylor Swift song

Edited by Temperance
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
On 5/2/2021 at 9:50 AM, louannems said:

My library system says coming soon!  May 3rd!  I didn't place a hold.  I'm counting on you guys to read and tell!

I see what you did there. Counting on. . . 

• LOL 8
  • Love 3

wow the store did them no favors with that pic. Jer - dang man wash your hair.

I am looking at all those other books in the background thinking how sad it is they will never read any of them.

• Love 13

She made food with color! No beige! Amazing! 

Lay off the hair care products, Jerm. Try some shampoo instead. And Jing would look so much nicer with about 6 inches off her hair. 

• Love 16

Have salons in California opened back up? I can understand Jinger not wanting to incur further hair loss by bleaching or dyeing, but I'm surprised she hasn't at least gotten a trim. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Hair salons have been open again since at least February.  I can't remember when the winter lockdown ended, but I see on the calendar I got my hair done Feb 12.  

Everyone in the family has been in to get a cut or trim so appointments are easy to get.  If Jinger wanted a haircut, color, etc., she could easily have gotten it if Jeremy was capable of tending the two daughters for a bit. 

Edited by Absolom
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

I don’t think Jeremy would ever eat anything made with cans of cream soup. 😜

Only if it was served by a hipster restaurant.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1