Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Looks like Jere forgot to caption his photos.  Let me help him out:

Pic #1: Homies be standin' on one foot chillin' to the max, yo!

Pic #2: Me and Bae.  #LAMood #LAGuy #Pretty #She'sNotBadEither

Pic #3: Elephant tusks be on fleek like a boss, dude.  YOLO!

This made me laugh oh so much.  I just got out of a tough meeting and needed the levity.

Thanks @laurakaye!

• Love 8
14 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

It makes me stabby when people end their sentences with an unnecessary “at.”

Oh, me too!  It's one of my pet peeves, and has bothered me since I was in elementary school. 

Yet another way to be annoyed with RFP.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Looks like Jere forgot to caption his photos.  Let me help him out:

Pic #1: Homies be standin' on one foot chillin' to the max, yo!

Pic #2: Me and Bae.  #LAMood #LAGuy #Pretty #She'sNotBadEither

Pic #3: Elephant tusks be on fleek like a boss, dude.  YOLO!

Internet win!  Wish I could give it a hundred likes!

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
58 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

So Big Mosca (fly) and Ofmosca and little tiny moscas went somewhere fun for them. And of course Big Mosca made it all about him 🙄

Are you implying that it's not all about him??? 😁

• LOL 15

I get that Jeremy seems all over the place on SM. But he's really just doing what a lot of folks do - documenting his outings. As far as the religious preacher slant - preachers have lives too.

Its like as a little kid, seeing your teacher at the grocery store or movie theater and being shocked they're not sitting in a empty school room waiting for the students.

I find Jeremy obnoxious and a tad immature, but his posts are not really all that different than what is out there is on SM.

• Love 17
58 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

He needs to pick a lane.  Is he the worldly religious scholar with a library full of important leather-bound books and sermons full of condescending word salads?  Is he DJ Fly McFancyPants using slang from the early 2000's in an attempt to stay cool with the homies?  Is he an LA wannabe foodie influencer hashtag user?  And don't even get me started on his clothes....I don't know many people who go from wearing pretentious too-tight/too-short suits in colors like burnt sienna to meet with his fellow seminarians, but then hits the town looking like an escapee from Pee Wee's Playhouse.  Jing must get whiplash wondering what version of her husband is going to emerge from the bathroom every morning.

Early 2000s? "Homie" and "Homeboy" were in the late 80s/early 90s too. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I find Jeremy obnoxious and a tad immature, but his posts are not really all that different than what is out there is on SM.

I honestly don't know anyone in my social circle who posts like Jeremy does. I do know some people who are clearly posers and have a persona that they lose interest in (like one day they're all about the knitting and then a few weeks later, their entire personality seems to be that they want a goat farm), but they generally do one at a time. LOL 

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, Zella said:

I honestly don't know anyone in my social circle who posts like Jeremy does. I do know some people who are clearly posers and have a persona that they lose interest in (like one day they're all about the knitting and then a few weeks later, their entire personality seems to be that they want a goat farm), but they generally do one at a time. LOL 

Interesting. I even went to double check a couple of IGs of friends of mine. One, who is in her late thirties, has posts from the last month that include post of a hibachi restaurant with her husband, a hike in the woods with her kids, a "BFF photoshoot", a Mother's Day gathering and the latest post is of a bridesmaids' pre-wedding gathering in Cancun. This is in addition to a couple of quotes, some watercolor prints she bought and some "fabulous" non-alcoholic drink some restaurant sells in-house and bottled.

My FB friends' posts are even more random. A mean spirited political post followed minutes later by a kumbaya post. Kids, kids and more kids, reno projects, food posts, recipe posts, etc. Just folks posting random shit, with no rhyme or reason.

Maybe I'm just friends with a bunch of whackos. lol

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

More importantly, we never see him studying.  Ever.  At least with Derick we've seen him studying and graduating.  I'm not saying that seminary students can't have diverse interests other than school, but if I'm looking through his IG pics, what I see is a brand-name dropper, a guy who loves to eat out and golf, and a guy who doesn't appear to have a job, let alone attends any classes, and a guy who thinks really, really highly of himself.

Yeah even if he wasn't a "celebrity," his social media presence is not that of someone I'd take seriously if I were hiring pastors. I'd take one look at homie's sneaker posts and how many times he photographs himself eating and just nope out pretty quickly. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

This is more what I was trying to express when I said he should pick a lane.  He keeps trying things out to see what sticks, but if he gains a few followers who are interested in his spiritual journey and he suddenly morphs into #LAFoodGuy, those people might lose interest.  Similarly, I wonder how many fans tried to purchase anything from their Hope and Nope site, only to have Jere do an about-face now that he's an author and drop that whole shill, leaving them empty-handed.

More importantly, we never see him studying.  Ever.  At least with Derick we've seen him studying and graduating.  I'm not saying that seminary students can't have diverse interests other than school, but if I'm looking through his IG pics, what I see is a brand-name dropper, a guy who loves to eat out and golf, and a guy who doesn't appear to have a job, let alone attends any classes, and a guy who thinks really, really highly of himself.

We've seen pictures of his impressive books and pens, doesn't that count for anything, even partial credit?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 11
34 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

We've seen pictures of his impressive books and pens, doesn't that count for anything, even partial credit? 

You would think that his pocket squares would be worth a couple points. 

• LOL 7
8 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

For someone so worldly (ha) doesn’t JereMe know that it’s bad manners to sit and eat in a restaurant with his ballcap on? 

Does the patio count as inside?  

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Why do they keep posting about the srichicha sauce? It's like he thinks it  makes him special. All he has succeeded in doing is making me think of him every time I use srichicha sauce. Thanks for nothing! 

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Does the patio count as inside?  

In my upbringing, yes. It would be considered eating “out”. In company of others. 
The only exceptions I was given were if you were eating on the go i.e. a hot dog on a NYC corner from the vendor, fairgrounds, a picnic in a park (the particulars would matter in my family) or eating an ice cream while walking. We tend to be formal (as my friends have always said).  They called me Emily in college for Emily Post or Miss Manners. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8

In my family, he would have the back of his head slapped and be told to take off his damn hat on the patio. I'm not sure we would entirely pass muster with Emily Post, but we do our best! 🙃

• LOL 13
  • Love 9

I personally would rather men keep their ratty ball caps on while dining instead of taking it off and leaving it on the table through the meal.  Of course this is only if we are casually dining out.  Leave the damn hat at home for more formal occasions.  

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I personally would rather men keep their ratty ball caps on while dining instead of taking it off and leaving it on the table through the meal.  Of course this is only if we are casually dining out.  Leave the damn hat at home for more formal occasions.  

I was just about to post that in my family if you took your hat off while dining and put it on the table you'd get head-slapped and told to get that filthy thing off the table while we're eating. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
(edited)
1 minute ago, Nysha said:

I was just about to post that in my family if you took your hat off while dining and put it on the table you'd get head-slapped and told to get that filthy thing off the table while we're eating. 

Yeah I'd find the hat on the table as vulgar as the hat on the head at the table. I don't actually notice what the men in my family do with their hats. But they never put them on the table. And these are very blue-collar guys. 

I think Jeremy is really pretty gauche, even with his pretentious pocket squares. Lol

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
34 minutes ago, Zella said:

Yeah I'd find the hat on the table as vulgar as the hat on the head at the table. I don't actually notice what the men in my family do with their hats. But they never put them on the table. And these are very blue-collar guys. 

I think Jeremy is really pretty gauche, even with his pretentious pocket squares. Lol

I have noticed men place their baseball hats on their knee/lap while eating if they take it off. However I wouldn't be put out if Jeremy had his hat on since they were outside- keeps the sun out of his eyes. I know there are different "rules" for women but my Mom always keeps her hats on while eating outside.

• Useful 5
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I have noticed men place their baseball hats on their knee/lap while eating if they take it off. However I wouldn't be put out if Jeremy had his hat on since they were outside- keeps the sun out of his eyes. I know there are different "rules" for women but my Mom always keeps her hats on while eating outside.

I believe it is permissible for women to wear hats indoors, etiquette-wise, but I actually don't know any women who wear hats regularly. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Zella said:

Why do they keep posting about the srichicha sauce? It's like he thinks it  makes him special. All he has succeeded in doing is making me think of him every time I use srichicha sauce. Thanks for nothing! 

Well don't you know that invented it?

• LOL 4
5 hours ago, Zella said:

Yeah even if he wasn't a "celebrity," his social media presence is not that of someone I'd take seriously if I were hiring pastors. I'd take one look at homie's sneaker posts and how many times he photographs himself eating and just nope out pretty quickly. 

I’m genuinely surprised that Jeremy doesn’t have a random Instagram for all his eating out and food photos and then a more professional one with his book,his wife, bible quotes etc to me that would make more sense.

• Love 14

My husband always wears a hat, and always takes it off at a restaurant. It goes next to him on the seat in a booth, or on the chair next to him when we're at a table. Never on the table. Ick. 

He really thinks he's trendy with the srichicha sauce, doesn't he? Poser. 

• Love 19
12 hours ago, Zella said:

That's true. I think a certain level of randomness is normal. One of the differences, though, is he is a "public figure" and not just a private citizen, so he actually does need a brand to be an effective Z-level celebrity and/or influencer. What I post for a business brand is going to be very different from what I post as just me, and he has combined the two, so his personal life is his business brand. And for Jeremy, he never seems to have established a coherent brand. 

It's actually especially mindboggling to me that he has attempted to launch multiple business ventures and a book and still seems to have no clue what his brand is. He's like an object lesson in how not to market. 

Exactly. I have a small business and even little old me knows more about branding, messaging, and social media than Breakout Star Jeremy does. 

• Love 10
19 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

So he hasn't showered in 2 days?

Jeremy and ice cream are Jinger's favourites. So, her daughters, where do they fall in line?

My god baby (shes 6) gives me stickers and I put them on my hand or arm since I work from home, but they aren’t pristine after two days!! I also wondered had Jeremy showered since Felicity gave him the sticker. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
24 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

So he hasn't showered in 2 days?

Jeremy and ice cream are Jinger's favourites. So, her daughters, where do they fall in line?

I think that in Gothard world spouses are supposed to put each other first (after God of course) with their army of children a distant third. Pretty sure JB and Michelle made it clear to their kids that they were not the top priority.

• Love 3

That sticker is loose around the edges. It seems to me that it  has been recently applied. Most of those stickers don't stick to skin that well, especially an elbow which is in constant motion. Maybe that is a super special sticker though. I do know though that stickers do stick much too well on furniture and walls.

• Love 16

Like you all said, Jeremy is for sure exaggerating about the sticker. It would have gotten stuck to a blanket while sleeping or pulled off while he was changing. I don't understand why he didn't just omit the middle sentence.

That fly homie always has to flex and be extra. 😂

• LOL 20
  • Love 3

I had a sticker on my leg for one day and it could still hold on for sure. My daughter put at least 20 of them on my legs, hands and face and I missed that one. So those little bastards can stick for a long time

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
(edited)
10 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

sjcg3gykuj071.jpg

That sticker's been on there for about 2 minutes. Or less. It's behind him. How'd he notice it now if he didn't notices it while putting shirts on and off, pulling up the sheets, etc. 

He's always waiting to think of something to do that provides an opening for the "life with a toddler" line. 

It's one of his little "things to do on social media." (especially now that we don't post photos of the toddler. Gotta keep using her in our marketing, though....) 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 5
  • Love 16