Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

of my kids, the two boys ended up with hazel (both Mr Jyn and I have brown eyes, though his are more decidedly brown, and most people in both our immediate families have blue to grey-hazel eyes.). My older son's eyes could almost fall under green, but only a dark olive green bordering on brown, and my younger son's are pretty much the definition of hazel in that you can't even put a real name to the color, but it's the sort of brown which is sometimes green on grey depending on any number of other circumstances. My daughter's are the same chocolate brown as Mr Jyn's,, but they were all but black until she was about a year old, and my granddaughter's are pretty much like hers - at just about 5 months you can only really see the difference between her pupil and iris if you pay attention, but they are a very dark chocolate brown right now. Her husband's eyes look brown to me as well, but he swears they have green in them.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

For a second there, I thought someone posted a picture of Josie when she was a baby. Or is it Josie?

Someone asked for a pic of Josie in the fake pigtails headband, so I obliged.

• Love 11

I wish Jinger would get rid of those shoes.  They really aren't flattering, even though she likes the high ones. 

I hope she keeps Lissy in headbands, bows, pink ruffles, and every girly-girl kind of FU she can come up with, and pointed directly towards Jill & Jessa.....*LOL*

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, Patricia07 said:

There's Hannie for Johanna.  And JessaBlessa, of course. 

I can understand ‘Hannie’. When you give your children nearly identical sounding names (Jana, Joyanna and Johanna), nicknames for a couple of them makes things easier. Of course, the easiest thing would have been to give them less similar names in the first place. 

• Love 13

Si for Josiah?

My mom hated nicknames.  I never had one, and kind of wish I had, for I didn't like my name until adulthood.

Lissy's kind of a cute name.  She may prefer her full name later on, or even decide to go with Nicole, her middle name.

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, Soaper410 said:

Oh Lissy is cute!

I know there is Spurg and Izzy for the grandkids, but Do any of the Duggar kids have nicknames except for Jilly-Muffin?

Yep, I was thinking Si. I mean that is part of his IG name.

9 minutes ago, Soaper410 said:

I don’t remember Josiah being called Si until the last few seasons.

Maybe he came up with himself as a way to differentiate himself from Joseph, Johanna, and Josie? 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

I know I'm a grumpy old woman, but I hate nicknames.

I’m not old but I think nicknames are for babies or people with severe mental disabilities. Not grown adults who are self aware autonomous beings. Of course I call people what they like but what’s wrong with legal names?!

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I’m not old but I think nicknames are for babies or people with severe mental disabilities. Not grown adults who are self aware autonomous beings. Of course I call people what they like but what’s wrong with legal names?!

Oh, I'm not THAT old either. Yet. But I've always hated nicknames and acronyms and generally  any type of  legitimate shortening of words. See what I did there?.)

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Soaper410 said:

Oh Lissy is cute!

I know there is Spurg and Izzy for the grandkids, but Do any of the Duggar kids have nicknames except for Jilly-Muffin?

They had a bunch of them listed on their chore chart. Jackson is "Shack," Jennifer is "WerWer" (besides "Jenni," I guess), Tyler they apparently call "TyTy." Michelle's nickname was listed as "Mama" ?

3 hours ago, Soaper410 said:

Oh Lissy is cute!

I don't think the Dullards use Izzy. They always seem to use his full name. They do use Sam for Samuel. Also, the Seewalds use Spurgie, not Spurge, for Spurgeon. I'm sure that will change as he grows out of the infantalized version of his name. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I don't think the Dullards use Izzy. They always seem to use his full name. They do use Sam for Samuel. Also, the Seewalds use Spurgie, not Spurge, for Spurgeon. I'm sure that will change as he grows out of the infantalized version of his name. 

I imagine poor Spurgeon, in adulthood, will wish he could grow out of any version of that name. Poor kid. 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

I was named my legal name by my dad, so he could call me my shortened name because “it’s a cute nickname for a girl.”  The people I’m closest to call me by my nickname. I only use my legal name for work. 

• Love 9
On 8/23/2018 at 9:25 PM, DragonFaerie said:

I was born in the 60's.  My hair fell out when I was about 2 months old and nothing grew in until I was just over 2 years old.  My mother Scotch Taped Satin bows to my bare head so folks would figure out I was a girl.  Because, ya know, the pink ruffle dresses, with the tights and pretty shoes wouldn't have clued anyone in.  True story.  

Early 1950s, same thing here. And I was the firstborn. My poor mom! She tried cute bonnets but I wasn’t having it. 

• Love 1

Michelle listed her kids nicknames once.  Here is what I remember.

Joshie

Jana Banana

Jilly Muffin

Jessa Blessa

Jin Jin

Joy Joy 

Joe 

Si

Jer 

Jed

Hannie

I don't remember if there were others.

13 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Felicity looks a lot like Josie as a baby. They have the same eyes.

She is much cuter than Josie was, though, IMHO. Josie had the micro-preemie thing working against her and looked more like an alien.

• Love 24
13 hours ago, Madtown said:

I really want to snuggle her.

Is Jeremy waiting outside while Jinger visits a pot shop?  It's legal here in Washington state and I see green medical crosses everywhere.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, louannems said:

Is Jeremy waiting outside while Jinger visits a pot shop?  It's legal here in Washington state and I see green medical crosses everywhere.

It looks like the name of the store is Uniform Destination. There are no pot shops in Texas, yet lol

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Happyfatchick said:

Ok, it’s AUGUST when she took that pic.  The hat is adorable, but I’m not sure she needs that knit in Texas in August.  Makes me hot to look at it.

dang, she’s cute

Well you know how some indoor places in the south are refrigerated to frigid!  I always bring a big sweater every place we go.  Or they are just trying it on for show.   How are you doing?

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, Happyfatchick said:

Ok, it’s AUGUST when she took that pic.  The hat is adorable, but I’m not sure she needs that knit in Texas in August.  Makes me hot to look at it.

dang, she’s cute

Still so much better than those stupid girly bows.

• Love 12