Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E16: Last Day On Earth

HalcyonDays
  • Start Topic

I knew they were going to pull that shit.

I, too, had heard that rumor, but I didn't think they'd be that stupid.  I stand corrected.

...I kneel corrected, because I let the writers pull that bullshit on me and I'll still keep watching.

• Love 11

See, I don't trust the follow up on this cliffhanger. Not after Glenn's stuff this season, last week's gunshot, Terminus. The terrible prequel series. The lame "conclusion" to the cool plane story.

I thought they got Terminus right, for the most part.

• Love 6

Personally, not a fan of Rick, so this has been a long time coming. He is too short-sighted. It is like he never thought that there could actually be other communities out there. Just like the cluster-f--k with the walkers in the pit. No thought, none. Just run off whole hog with some idea to lead thousands of them away. He has become what Shane was at CDB. Why didn't they ask Jesus more about Negan's group? They get no info. He sends Maggie in to negotiate with Gregory? No thinking at all. With the numbers that Negan has, Alexandria may not ahve been able to fend them off, but at least they would have been in an equal fight. Not this kind of crap. Loving JDM though. 

• Love 13
(edited)

I have really enjoyed this half season. But I am seriously pissed off they ended it on a fucking cliffhanger. It's bad enough knowing someone died so brutally, but to drag out the victim is so disrespectful to the audience. We would've spent the whole summer talking about the show even if they ended it as soon as we knew the victim. But to deny us that to "increase the buzz"...and now I have to spend another 6 freaking months trying to avoid being spoiled. Shitty move, show runners. I'm hating you manipulative bastards right now. Feels like a fuck you to their fans, frankly.

Edited by Sighed I
  • Love 16

Revealing who died would not reduce their audience in the fall by a single person!  If anything, it would keep viewers who want to see how everyone reacts.  Given the cliffhanger, I may have to give a FU to season 7.

Complete disdain for the viewer.  Incredible.

• Love 13
(edited)

Well, I got yelled at for mentioning

Lucille

in the no spoiler section, though

Lucille

showed up in the preview for this episode last week.  So, now that we know who

Lucille

is, I'm throwing these out there

Now that we got that out of the way, for those who don't think the Saviors are sociopaths, I just want to say I told you so I told you so I told you so.

And, yes, I wanted to pee myself when Negan finally showed his grizzled face.  Speaking of which, whenever Jeffrey Dean Morgan leaves this show, I could see him playing Bigby Wolf on a TV version of Fables (IE: Once Upon a Time written by a Republican yet has stronger, more awesome women in it)

Lastly, fuck you, show, for ending with that piece of shit cop out.

See you all next year!

More more thing: Who was guy who got the shit beat out of him and then got hanged off the bridge?  Have we seen him before?

Also, where are all the other Wolves?  They just attacked Alexandria, got their asses kicked by Carol, and then ran off never to be seen again.  There are still crazies out there with Ws on their foreheads that could attack Alexandria again and are less reasonable than the Saviors!

Edited by bmoore4026
  • Love 1

The most impactful death would be Glenn's. We all saw my tantrum when they left it as a cliffhanger and he crawled under the dumpster.

I truly think they did that to set us up for the mother of all cliffhangers, ending in the worst outcome. It isn't Rick or Carl. It's not Abe, or Sasha, or Michonne. It's not Maggie, or Daryl.

It's really Glenn. And with this cliffhanger, it's a cop out of something that could have been SUPER impactful.

Also...I love Negan. I hate myself for saying this, but I love him.

• Love 9

Eff you WD! Effing eff you!!! Shit way to treat your fans. As if we wouldn't turn in next year regardless! We came back after season 2 when the farm was boring as hell. But this? Well just eff you!

• Love 7

It's funny, when Eugene stayed behind in the RV, I started crying. I so feared he would die. I never thought I'd be upset about Eugene dying.

After hearing Negan ramble on for what felt like 3 hours, I just wanted him to pick a victim already. Now? I honest to God don't give a rat's behind who we lost. I have never been so pissed off by a cliffhanger.

• Love 20
(edited)

I try not to get spoiled, but I accidentally read a quick headline about a cliffhanger. So I'm not totally shocked. But still thoroughly annoyed. I feel like the producers/writers have just gotten way too full of themselves. They think they can just do whatever the fuck they want and it's all about shock and ratings and not telling a believable, interesting story. 

Ya. Now we get to sit here and try to guess all summer who got Lucilled. And, for some, try to avoid spoilers. Because shit gets leaked. And posted all over Facebook.

Negan is annoying. Too much hype. Too much talking. 

I feel like they're just totally screwing up Carol too. So she's basically suicidal now? But can't kill herself. Okay, I get that. Then why fight back on the road? oh, it was to protect her friends back in ASZ? Then why not thoroughly make sure they're all dead? She can't stay in ASZ because she doesn't want to kill, but she killed like 5 people and threatened Morgan. I totally get her having a crisis of conscience, but this is inconsistent as hell. 

The other thing I hated was Carl shoving Enid in a closet to prevent her from going. In hindsight, the closet is a lot better than being in Negan's lineup, but damn. Way to turn that sweet kid into a caveman douchebag. 

And, of course, CDB did way too many stupid things in this episode to put them into the necessary peril...too much to even try to talk about. 

I did love Gabriel stepping up and thank God someone finally thought of having an escape route and a place to meet up. I loved the "goodbye" with Eugene and Abe. I thought there was some really good horror movie stuff done this episode, I was literally terrified half the time. But to have it end like this? Insanely disappointing.

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 17
(edited)

I think that the verdict on this on will be that it didn't work for non-comic readers, a group I'm a part of.

I think they relied on the comic knowledge too build dread over Neegan and failed in the show.  I think JDM is great.  But everything about him screamed that comic moment that they used to introduce Abraham, Euegene, and Rosita.  It took me a long time to get over the stupid of that. I have complete disinterest in this.

My reaction to Neegan was... his leather jacket is an 80s throw back, what's up with the mauve silk scarf...shut up...Lucille is not intimidating...eeny, meeny, miny, moe, seriously.  I don't know how they did it but I really do not care who got killed by the end of the episode. 

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 18

I've never been so completely pissed off and so utterly indifferent all at once.

Exactly!! To me this is disrespecting the audience. Why do this? We are all grownups.  I mean are they killing off someone so important they worry viewers won't come back in the Fall?  I mean short of killing Rick (which was my speculation) most viewers will come back.  But this is like ...don't yank our chains. 

• Love 14

I'm really tired of The Walking Dead not committing to its choices. It's done this before and it's not exciting or shocking or whatever they're going for. It comes off as them not wanting to show who died because either everyone will sigh with relief that it was a character they didn't care about or they'll be so pissed that a character they loved died they'll refuse to watch next season and spend the hiatus dragging the show.

• Love 7

So, the anxious post I made over in the Pre-Air thread basically happened [might have been Aaron].....

Actually, you know what would reallllllllly tick me off about this episode... is if, after all this hoopla, nobody (from CDB) ends up dying.  I'm resigned to losing at least one major character; so if Gimple & co. pull the rug out from under me and its nothing more than a gratuitously long 70-minute intro for Negan, I'm trojan-horsing the gates and then grand-marshalling a(nother) walker parade through ASZ  [there may, or may not, be a 'W' on my forehead while doing so].

..... and I am not happy about it.  GD you, Show!!

• Love 2

I read the spoilers earlier in the day, so I have very little emotion about it at all. As others have said, it was like 80- minutes of BS, to get to the 10 minutes of action.  I will be bummed if it ends up being Glenn, but I actually like Abe a bit too, so if it is him I will be sad, I guess. I think I have had more emotional reactions to Outlander than this series. Must just be me. 

• Love 2

We waited 90 minutes for a cliffhanger? You are on your 7th season, do you really need to pull this shit? 

Negan does know how to get attention with the whistling and having the rest of the USA's surviving population.

Then we have Morgan finally learning his lesson. Sometimes you have to kill or be killed. Not everyone is smoking whatever the hell he's been smoking. Yeah it would be nice if everyone is all sunshine and roses, but the world was never like that and with dead people rising and the world falling apart it will never be like that. 

I also thought they were going to kill another horse. 

• Love 11

Jesus fucking christ, THAT'S Lucille?? My god.

I honestly had butterflies in my stomach the entire time. Negan and his henchmen are pure evil. I was yelling at the TV, to just mow down those assholes blocking their path. With the first group, just take a machine gun, mow then all down and plow through with the RV.

Sorry Morgan, but you will never convince me that ALL LIVES MATTER. Not Negan's group. They all deserve to die. I really need someone to find another RPG and just take out Negan's gang.

At least Morgan redeemed himself slightly. Parallel with Carol not wanting to kill and being suicidal, and Morgan being suicidal and not killing. Carol has a 6th sense - she left at the right time, just like when Rick kicked her out and Terminus happened.

Andrew Lincoln is such a phenomenal actor - the fear on his face in the final scenes - god he is amazing. Emmy please for this man.

So we don't know who really gets killed. Cliffhanger, damn you show? It's definately NOT Carl or Rick. But man, this show...

• Love 16

Is Negan Robert Downey Jr.'s brother?

"Ironman this, Ironman that .... they'll see what I can do if we ever have  a zombie apocalypse.  I'll rule the world!"

• Love 3

Personally, not a fan of Rick, so this has been a long time coming. He is too short-sighted. It is like he never thought that there could actually be other communities out there. Just like the cluster-f--k with the walkers in the pit. No thought, none. Just run off whole hog with some idea to lead thousands of them away. He has become what Shane was at CDB. Why didn't they ask Jesus more about Negan's group? They get no info. He sends Maggie in to negotiate with Gregory? No thinking at all. With the numbers that Negan has, Alexandria may not ahve been able to fend them off, but at least they would have been in an equal fight. Not this kind of crap. Loving JDM though. 

Rick usually makes horrible decisions. It didn't make sense to send out 7 or 8 people in a RV with Maggie to get to Hilltop. Why couldn't they get the doctor to come to Alexandria?

Why does Carol keep running away. ?

I don't understand how Negan could have his group blocking off every road & putting up lumber blockades.

• Love 5

I hope that after shooting this guy that we get a more realistic Morgan going forward. This is what Michonne, Rick, and even Carol have been trying to tell him. In this world, sometimes you have to make the hard decision to take someone's life to save someone or lots of people's lives. 

I like that the people who saved Morgan and Carol had on riot gear of some sort. It is a practical way to give them a chance against a walker bite. At least, they seem friendly and helpful. Definitely potential allies against Negan.

• Love 13

I was trying to find some clever way of saying how disappointed I was in this episode, but then I thought: TPTB are so juvenile why bother. They wouldn't understand. So let me say: this was a piss-poor way to treat your audience. It's almost as if they do things like this to piss us off.

• Love 20

One of the very few things I did enjoy about this episode was Bear's score when Eugene and Abe hugged it out. Most everything else was too dull. The last scene was boring. I shouldn't be thinking kill them already. The speechifying lasted five minutes too long.

• Love 5

I am already sick of Negan. Blah, blah, blah, you really love yourself talking, don't you.

That was a very cheap cliffhanger, it also had the opposite effect on me from what they probably intended - instead of riveted for next season I am just disgusted and tired of the show.

• Love 18

Two things:
If they had botched Negan, this ending would have made it so easy to drop the show. So kudos, Gimple, Kirkman, et al., you got me, I'm all in.

Second, much respect to Negan for having a wood bat. A real douche would've chosen aluminum.

• Love 8

I was so riveted by this episode that at one point I became more intrigued by commercials and looked for additional trailers for Keanu.

I'm more concerned about whether Keanu the kitten will fall prey to those that kidnapped him than who Neegan killed.

• Love 14

As bad as it is for us.Laurie Holden did an interview for the Talking Dead - the cast won't know until they return next season.  That's cruel  Let the actor know so they can do pilot season at the very least.

The whole thing was pointless and true.  Why piss off the fans.

• Love 14

I don't understand how Negan could have his group blocking off every road & putting up lumber blockades.

And how did they know it would be that day?  I mean, I presume they were watching Alexandria and could have signaled ahead... wait, no, because then what's the point of the cat and mouse game all episode... you know what?   I'm already putting too much thought into it.

• Love 9

Well, I got yelled at for mentioning

Lucille

in the no spoiler section, though

Lucille

showed up in the preview for this episode last week.  So, now that we know who

Lucille

is, I'm throwing these out there

Now that we got that out of the way, for those who don't think the Saviors are sociopaths, I just want to say I told you so I told you so I told you so.

And, yes, I wanted to pee myself when Negan finally showed his grizzled face. 

Lastly, fuck you, show, for ending with that piece of shit cop out.

See you all next year!

Never mentioned by name in any of those previews, which is why it was a SPOILER. 

I've got my eye on you.  ;-)

• Love 4
(edited)

I love JDM and think he is sooooo hot. Ack. He actually was great, even though that speech went on way too long.

But I had heard about the cliffhanger and thought "surely, they won't do that...surely." And they did it. I literally flipped off the screen and yelled "Fuck you, show!" when it went dark.

How are they going to keep "who got killed?" secret for six fucking months? *Somebody* is not going to be filming many scenes come...oh, MAY...and that shit is going to leak. Way to fuck up momentum, Gimple and Co.

Edited by Disraeli Ears
  • Love 11

I feel like they're just totally screwing up Carol too. So she's basically suicidal now? But can't kill herself. Okay, I get that. Then why fight back on the road? oh, it was to protect her friends back in ASZ? Then why not thoroughly make sure they're all dead? She can't stay in ASZ because she doesn't want to kill, but she killed like 5 people and threatened Morgan. I totally get her having a crisis of conscience, but this is inconsistent as hell.

Exactly -- I"m not buying what they are trying to sell me with Carol. Doesn't compute.

How did the Saviors know CDB was going to be trying to go to Hilltop? Those roadblocks were pretty well thought out. 

I thought the whole thing was incredibly intense. I was sick to my stomach by the end. Disappointed we don't know who was hit. 

• Love 2

That was horrible. I felt like all of Rick's ....I can't even find the word..He knew he fucked up..and he couldn't fix it this time. Andy was so great in that scene.. I mean he looked....completely broken...worse than when he went crazy town in the Prison. Just...horrible.

Yup! I think if Rick gave Negan the "F You!" stare down then Negan wouldn't have been quite so intimidating but seeing Rick basically on his knees shaking, all out of plays....man it really added more tension to the scene. I hate the cliffhanger but the writers really introduced Negan right, imo. For the first time I feel like they are going up against a boss.

• Love 8
(edited)

The only way they can even just a little bit justify the cliff hanger is if the person killed is Rick or Carl.  I fear it will be Aaron or Eugene after their bonding moment. 

eta:  so they killed Denise so when Maggie got a stomach ache they'd have to go to Alexandria for a doctor and finally meet Negan.  Poor Denise... nothing but a plot device.

Edited by DEL901
  • Love 7

What a dreadful finale, and dreadful season. We had Glenn's stupid fake out death, Darryl getting shot last week, and this complete jumping the shark moment tonight. This season was utter shit. The weird thing is the writers are mostly sticking true to comic canon and STILL fucking it up. They have no clue how to write a TV show. So what are they planning on doing, showing the rest of the scene in the opener for next season? As Abraham would say, loose ends make my ass itch. And I doubt I'll be tuning in. I honestly don't care who died now, this show is too poorly written to be a fan of anymore. 

• Love 7

That was horrible. I felt like all of Rick's ....I can't even find the word..He knew he fucked up..and he couldn't fix it this time.  Andy was so great in that scene.. I mean he looked....completely broken...worse than when he went crazy town in the Prison. Just...horrible. 

That was the only redeemable part of that whole mess up of a finish to a season finale.  Negan's speech wasn't the slightest bit scary, and we knew someone was going to get it - the one asshole said it near the beginning.

Andy sold Rick's fear and rage in that scene.   You could feel his impotent rage at being in a help & hopeless situation, all the while scared out of his mind for his group.

• Love 9
(edited)

Rick usually makes horrible decisions. It didn't make sense to send out 7 or 8 people in a RV with Maggie to get to Hilltop. Why couldn't they get the doctor to come to Alexandria?

Actually, it did make sense to have those people in RV. If they were there in case there was trouble. Rick simply did not anticipate that Negan had so many people and that they would trap them.

Btw, how would they get the doctor to come to Alexandria? Call him on their cell? Homing pigeon? By the time the doctor got to Alexandria, Maggie and her baby might have been dead. Taking her there was the only realistic choice.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 7

And how did they know it would be that day?  I mean, I presume they were watching Alexandria and could have signaled ahead... wait, no, because then what's the point of the cat and mouse game all episode... you know what?   I'm already putting too much thought into it.

You put more thought into it than Rick did! 

• Love 5