Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E16: Last Day On Earth

HalcyonDays
  • Start Topic

I really couldn't take how Rick and crew stood around in the road multiple times while knowing they were being stalked by these dudes.  And that he let Carl do that, too. 

• Love 9

And also, what the hell's up with Abe suddenly getting all this "I'm ready to raise a family, because I'm sane now or something," character development crap all of a sudden? What, he became a better person because he screamed at a zombie, smoked a cigar, and then took a giant red shit all over Rosita? Fuck Abraham. For all I care, he can get Lucilled to death, go to hell, and listen to monologues from all the Saviors that CDB have killed.

That would truly be my idea of hell, and fitting punishment for Abe. He's no less an asshole because he's giving Sasha the goo-goo eyes.

• Love 3

I guess this is wrong, but when they yanked Glenn out of the back of that van, and he cried, Maggie?! upon seeing her, I added, "what did they do to your hair?!?"

• Love 21

Exactly, the point of taking Maggie to the Hilltop was because the doctor and equipment were there. Also, she could have died waiting for him. It was risky, but saving her life was paramount. 

Yeah, but they didn't give 2 shits about her and the pregnancy when she went on the kill-the-saviors trip and THEN got captured. She should have been checked by the OB-GYN after that traumatic event. Whether or not the stress and events of that trip play a part in what is happening, she will always wonder if things turn out poorly. At her early stage of pregnancy, many women have early miscarriages and it may be like a very, very heavy period. She may have something else wrong as well. 

• Love 3
(edited)

After listening to the audio and isolating the voices, I think it's Glenn:

https://soundcloud.com/spinxella/glenn-maggie

Negan: "Oh!"

Glenn: "Maggie!"

Negan: "Taking it like a Champ!"

Maggie: "Glenn!"

:(

I listened to it a half a dozen times, and other than Negan's voice, I couldn't hear any others beyond screaming. It sounded like more than one person screaming person to me, though one was definitely louder than the others. Course, I could just be in denial. I love Glenn :(

Edited by Sighed I
  • Love 5

Yeah, but they didn't give 2 shits about her and the pregnancy when she went on the kill-the-saviors trip and THEN got captured. She should have been checked by the OB-GYN after that traumatic event. Whether or not the stress and events of that trip play a part in what is happening, she will always wonder if things turn out poorly. At her early stage of pregnancy, many women have early miscarriages and it may be like a very, very heavy period. She may have something else wrong as well. 

Back to the Maggie should haven't gone on the Saviors mission. She is pregnant, not disabled and she wasn't in the middle of the action. As far as we know, she has been fine until this moment. Regardless, none of that means that they shouldn't have made every effort to help her once she was actually in pain and seemed possibly in danger of losing the baby.

• Love 3

Back to the Maggie should haven't gone on the Saviors mission. She is pregnant, not disabled and she wasn't in the middle of the action. As far as we know, she has been fine until this moment. Regardless, none of that means that they shouldn't have made every effort to help her once she was actually in pain and seemed possibly in danger of losing the baby.

I have to disagree. She was badly beaten up when she was held captive. She even took a hard knee to her midsection in her fight with the younger Saviour woman. The time to get checked out was immediately after suffering physical trauma to the midsection, even if she felt no immediate pain.

• Love 10

There is much that annoyed me but what the fuck was up with Rick telling Maggie that it was all going to work out because they are all in it together? Um, she saw her father murdered, her sister was also murdered, she lost many people she loved; you lost a wife and your son lost an eye and again many people you cared about and were part of the "we" at one point didn't in fact make it.

• Love 8

I like JDM and he is fine looking, but his Sons of Anarchy reject guys don't look like the kind who are interested in long speeches.

Happy that Morgan and the Knights of the Round Table came in to save Carol, but she was acting pretty out of character to me. 

Someone else mentioned this upthread, which I can't find right now, like did only the biker clubs survive the ZA, but I got to thinking about it and I figure that after 1 or 2 years in the ZA very few men are going to be walking around clean shaven and hair cut wearing dockers and golf shirts or suit and tie.  That this IS how people would look and act once civilization get stripped away.  

• Love 3
(edited)

I have to disagree. She was badly beaten up when she was held captive. She even took a hard knee to her midsection in her fight with the younger Saviour woman. The time to get checked out was immediately after suffering physical trauma to the midsection, even if she felt no immediate pain.

Okay, let's say that she got checked out earlier. It still does not mean that they should not have rushed her to the doctor when she started to experience pain.  

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1

Disagree. She was certainly in action while captured and under high stress. High stress is strongly correlated with lower birth weight babies and potential birth defects. And I would never say a pregnant women should be viewed as disabled, but these are special circumstances in the ZA. Underfed, overstressed, and at much greater risk because of lack of consistent medical care and intervention should something go wrong.  There is virtually no medical care and she is at greater risk just by being pregnant. Her condition is viewed to be more fragile simply because she is sheltering another life.  Look at what happened to Lori and she was part of that. I imagine this could go through her mind here or there.  

• Love 5

There is much that annoyed me but what the fuck was up with Rick telling Maggie that it was all going to work out because they are all in it together? Um, she saw her father murdered, her sister was also murdered, she lost many people she loved; you lost a wife and your son lost an eye and again many people you cared about and were part of the "we" at one point didn't in fact make it.

All true but I think he was trying to comfort her at that moment, being the sweet, loving guy he is, not remind her of all the terrible things that had happened already and hey, guess what, more to come!

• Love 7

Disagree. She was certainly in action while captured and under high stress. High stress is strongly correlated with lower birth weight babies and potential birth defects. And I would never say a pregnant women should be viewed as disabled, but these are special circumstances in the ZA. Underfed, overstressed, and at much greater risk because of lack of consistent medical care and intervention should something go wrong.  There is virtually no medical care and she is at greater risk just by being pregnant. Her condition is viewed to be more fragile simply because she is sheltering another life.  Look at what happened to Lori and she was part of that. I imagine this could go through her mind here or there.  

Whatever you view about Maggie participating in the Saviors operation, I still don't get how that means that they were wrong or should not have rushed her to the Hilltop when she started to experienced pain. I am repeating myself now so I am stopping here.

(edited)

Maggie should have stayed in town during the attack for the same reason that actual real life presidents do not fight on battlefields. She's supposed to be like the new mayor or something, so when every single leader leaves town at the same time, who the hell's in charge? Tobin? Olivia? 

Actually, from what we saw this week, I think it's FPP...

who has a completely new personality these days. It's not character development. It's character replacement.

I suggest that we continue to use the same initials, but that in the case of his more recent persona, that it stand for "Father Pod Pants." Father Pod Pants seems to be a good replacement, but I'd feel a lot better about his babysitting skills if we actually saw him with the kid more often. Instead, he's usually marching around the streets with an assault rifle bragging about what a great job he's doing of keeping an eye on Judith. Meanwhile, she's probably crawled all the way to Wolfbury.

ETA: Father Podperson might be a little clearer than "pod pants," but in any case I have no intention of discontinuing the abbreviation unless, somehow, he dies in the process.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 10

The 15 minutes of action at the end was pretty terrible.  I spent a lot of time examining Neegan's leather jacket.  It bothered me, not sure why, and he was yammering on a lot.  Then they did a retread of Nicotero's stupid viewer is the zombie and CDB is killing you scene but instead viewer got hit by Lucille.

Agreed, I shoulda put action in " ".

• Love 2

Lol.  Yeah, I was also thinking, um, maybe this isn't a good speech to give Maggie.  We all made it together, well, except for Hershel and Beth.

• Love 5
(edited)

Lol.  Yeah, I was also thinking, um, maybe this isn't a good speech to give Maggie.  We all made it together, well, except for Hershel and Beth.

Especially since they weren't even all together at that moment as evidenced by the fact that Rick was telling her this crap instead of her husband.

Edited by kia112
  • Love 9
(edited)

I was totally miffed that someone would spoil the name of Negan's girlfriend, so no, I did not know (nor did I want to).  Some of us ARE truly committed to remaining unsullied.

Didn't mean to paint with such a broad brush.  My post only responded to the boxed comment by the person who moderates the forum--which makes it particularly tricky to be a spoilage suffragette. 

Kudos to Mya's GoT analogy.  A "red wedding" is now pretty firmly established in the lexicon as an occasion where astonishing and unexpected  

reversal of fortune

occurs. And it didn't reach that level of notoriety by cheaping out with an annoying cliffhanger tease.  

So, again:  tsk.

Edited by candall
  • Love 5

It's not like they can just drop in at the nearest Urgent Care.  And we've now seen how it goes when they try to get to the nearest doctor.

Actually the group's been pretty lucky so far, no major injuries or illness that they haven't been able to get through somehow, although the sickness at the prison was a little touch and go.  

Maggie should have stayed in town during the attack for the same reason that actual real life presidents do not fight on battlefields. She's supposed to be like the new mayor or something, so when every single leader leaves town at the same time, who the hell's in charge? Tobin? Olivia? 

Actually, from what we saw this week, I think it's FPP. 

Who has a completely new personality these days. It's not character development. It's character replacement.

I suggest that we continue to use the same initials, but in that case of his more recent persona, that it stand for "Father Pod Pants."

Agree on Father Gabriel, I thought the same thing.   Maybe they figure no one will notice because he's pretty much an irrelevant character.  

• Love 1

I forgot to mention Carl locking Enid in the closet made me laugh, but really was a shoddy thing to do. He took away her agency. She wanted to go with Maggie. He should have accepted that decision. She can take care of herself well enough as far as I can tell.

• Love 3

Whatever you view about Maggie participating in the Saviors operation, I still don't get how that means that they were wrong or should not have rushed her to the Hilltop when she started to experienced pain. I am repeating myself now so I am stopping here.

Not arguing with you, but my point is, IF that operation is the reason for the miscarriage, then none of this would have happened (with the group that were taking her to Hilltop) if she never went on the mission to begin with. Of course, we may never know for sure, but if the doctor says it is due to being punched or hit, then it could be. That doesn't mean that Negan's group wouldn't have found them or captured Alexandria ever. Knowing Rick, if the issue with Maggie hadn't happened, they all would have been out there looking for Daryl or Carol and STILL have gotten caught. It was only a matter of time because Negan was coming for them at some point regradless of the mission of killing the group of Saviors. 

• Love 1

Just got around to watching the finale and I'm really hoping Abe bites it, he sure as hell got on my nerves this episode with his "what the bitch" and whatever else he said. If it's Negan I hope he knocks Abe's block clean off. I really didn't fear for Rick, Carl, Maggie, or Michonne when it comes to who Negan picked to kill but I'm begging them to please not kill Aaron. Really hoping hoping that it's not him. If it's Aaron I will be highly upset. Abe, Eugene, Rosita & Daryl rank high up on my list on who Negan killed.

Also for them cutting off Michonne's two dreads, you hardly notice that they did when they dragged her out. They could have at least make it look noticeable.

Oh Eugene once again so easily captured. He should have stayed back in ASZ. 

Carol just really doesn't care anymore does she? I didn't like seeing her get shot twice but Carol just wasn't all that fazed by it. 

Who is that guy who Morgan shook hands with? Is that another red head who has the same color as Abe? They sure as hell are stocking up on dye when they go out on runs.

• Love 1
(edited)

So how does that 'half" shit even work? If they come by three days in a row, then they've got seven eighths of your stuff... if anybody can figure out the math. I mean, I get that they're obviously bad guys who take as much as they want, but if they're even pretending to play the "half" game, shouldn't there be some discussion of "half of what?" Maybe they take all the guns and bullets, half the food, half of what they think your crop harvest is, and none of Eugene's old sweaty underwear? I mean, I'm just asking. You've got one log cabin. Do they take half the walls? You've got one machete. Do they take it from you only on an odd-numbered date? Do they take one shoe the first time, and.. oh, god, not again. I remember this story. It ends with Carl eating lots of pudding.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 9

I laughed at this tweet from Orlando Jones

Orlando Jones ‏@TheOrlandoJones now5 seconds ago

Meanwhile....in the darker corners of fandom someone is shipping Negan + Lucille & writing the WEIRDEST. FIC. EVER (which I will prob read)
0 retweets 1 like

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
(edited)

They could have made a pretty horrific final moment with Negan bashing Glenn's skull in while Maggie screamed.  Or bashing Carl's head in while Rick screamed.  Instead it's fake blood on the camera and a Sopranos black screen.  Oh well, these writers never get it.  There are times for cliffhangers and times for finality.  When you make a moment like that a cliffhanger, it robs it of it's visceral impact.  Instead of pointing at the screen with your other hand over your mouth, you are watching it and saying, "hmmmm...I wonder which one he killed?"

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 20

I'm betting on it being Glenn, purely because of Rick and Maggie choosing to kill the Saviors for the Hilltop people. I feel like Rick and Maggie would be the most serviced by Glenn being the choice for the writers to mine from. Every other option leads to like maybe a one episode dealing with it type of episode. The only other option that leads to multiple episode impact is Abraham...except, I don't think anyone will care even if that were to happen. So Sasha, Rosita and Eugene's reactions...BFD, right? 

• Love 2

I really don't think I can stomach another season of a violent crazy doing what they want, haven't we had enough of them? I wasn't looking forward to this episode & I'm not sure I'll be watching next season.

• Love 5

So how does that 'half" shit even work? If they come by three days in a row, then they've got seven eighths of your stuff... if anybody can figure out the math. I mean, I get that they're obviously bad guys who take as much as they want, but if they're even pretending to play the "half" game, shouldn't there be some discussion of "half of what?" Maybe they take all the guns and bullets, half the food, half of what they think your crop harvest is, and none of Eugene's old sweaty underwear? I mean, I'm just asking. You've got one log cabin. Do they take half the walls? You've got one machete. Do they take it from you only on an odd-numbered date? Do they take one shoe the first time, and.. oh, god, not again. I remember this story. It ends with Carl eating lots of pudding.

It's an offer you can't refuse approach, which is really no offer at all, makes people more willing to submit because the alternative is you all get killed and everything get's taken anyway.   In the first encounter, on the road with Daryl, Sasha and Abraham, the lead guy said ALL your stuff now belongs to Negan.  

I imagine the Saviors are interested in food and stuff that's got some use.  And so they focus on groups, who will have accumulated something.  So if you're one guy by yourself with nothing much to take you probably just get killed.  Like that walker in the woods stumbling around with that tree branch through him.

• Love 2

I am in a foul mood from the arrogance of the two writers sitting there on TTD to the sycophant host who also has to sell this bad writing to the fans. I hate-watch TTD. It used to be fun and informative but now it's just an embarrassing shill show.

There have been some very gifted actors squandered. I feel cheated for all of my loyalty and am tired of the negatives outweighing the positives. Not sure what the answer is - a new show runner? Does it matter who the show runner is now as long as Kirkman is in the mix?

I don't want to get too deep into talking about TTD in this thread, but I did have to comment on something Scott Gimple said tonight when Chris asked him to respond to those fans feeling angry/disrespected by the cliffhanger. Gimple said something along the lines of he wanted us to feel like we were there with CDB, kneeling in that line, not knowing...

The problem is, at the end of the episode CDB does know, but we, the viewers don't. How can we be with them, feeling their fear and their grief in that moment, it they have knowledge that we don't? If anything it separates us from the characters.

To the second point, overall I think Scott Gimple has done a fine job as showrunner. For what it's worth, on another board I visit, an individual who said he works on the show describes the relationship between the show (Gimple and co.) and the comic (Kirkman) as a dysfunctional marriage. He said the plan is to deviate more from the comics after season 7, but Kirkman's ego is the primary roadblock to that coming to fruition.

• Love 23
(edited)

I don't actually think we're going to have to endure a season of Negan. They toyed with an extended post-Woodbury Governor arc, but quickly proved that they didn't have the chops for it. Terminus was all buildup, and then practically nothing. I mean, seriously, fucking Dawn had more lines than Gareth did, even if most of them were about laundry. The Wolves started out interesting, and then got completely forgotten. Was all that shit we saw that they'd done really pulled off by a dozen people that Rick and Carol killed? We'll never know, because by the time the writers pull their asses out of "buildup" mode, it's time for the Big Climax. I'm sure there are other villains in the funnybooks who appear after Negan, and I'm equally sure that we will see them a lot sooner than we see any kind of serious longterm storytelling dedicated to Negan. Although I don't think he has to worry about not having enough lines.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 6

I really don't think I can stomach another season of a violent crazy doing what they want, haven't we had enough of them? I wasn't looking forward to this episode & I'm not sure I'll be watching next season.

I know what you mean and I feel the same way sometimes except then I remember that this is a TV show and probably wouldn't be on the air that long if it focused on the more mundane aspects of ZA life.  And that in reality when civilization breaks down the violent crazies are out in force so the story lines are at least credible in that way.  

The acting in this show and the production values are so good, it's compelling TV for me even when it does get a little tiresome and seems repetitive.  There's always something in just about every episode that keeps me watching.

• Love 3
(edited)

To the second point, overall I think Scott Gimple has done a fine job as showrunner. For what it's worth, on another board I visit, an individual who said he works on the show describes the relationship between the show (Gimple and co.) and the comic (Kirkman) as a dysfunctional marriage. He said the plan is to deviate more from the comics after season 7, but Kirkman's ego is the primary roadblock to that coming to fruition.

I believe this. I think it plays out on the screen at times e.g., the Jesse story. I don't see any way of avoiding splitting the two mediums, especially after Negan. 

Regardless, I am watching. I love this show, flaws and all. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 8
(edited)

First of all, I thought I heard Negan say he was going to badly beat someone not kill them... so I don't know why everyone's jumping to that conclusion other than the idea of having a season ending cliffhanger just for a beating would be even more infuriating than the cliffhanger itself.

Edited for stupidity... still think it might be Glenn though

Edited by Sentient Meat
  • Love 2

I don't want to get too deep into talking about TTD in this thread, but I did have to comment on something Scott Gimple said tonight when Chris asked him to respond to those fans feeling angry/disrespected by the cliffhanger. Gimple said something along the lines of he wanted us to feel like we were there with CDB, kneeling in that line, not knowing...

The problem is, at the end of the episode CDB does know, but we, the viewers don't. How can we be with them, feeling their fear and their grief in that moment, it they have knowledge that we don't? If anything it separates us from the characters.

I agree about not being able to connect with characters at the ending with the fake blood. It would be best to have shown who was picked and killed. It's almost like they're saying we don't know who to kill off we just want to toss it in the air in case there are some writing changes. I hate the guessing game and yes I agree with those that it would be beneficial to kill off a character whose death is going to rock the group so that would leave either Daryl or Glenn. 

• Love 4

For what it's worth, on another board I visit, an individual who said he works on the show describes the relationship between the show (Gimple and co.) and the comic (Kirkman) as a dysfunctional marriage. He said the plan is to deviate more from the comics after season 7, but Kirkman's ego is the primary roadblock to that coming to fruition.

I don't actually think we're going to have to endure a season of Negan. They toyed with an extended post-Woodbury Governor arc, but quickly proved that they didn't have the chops for it. Terminus was all buildup, and then practically nothing. I mean, seriously, fucking Dawn had more lines than Gareth did, even if most of them were about laundry. The Wolves started out interesting, and then got completely forgotten. Was all that shit we saw that they'd done really pulled off by a dozen people that Rick and Carol killed? We'll never know, because by the time the writers pull their asses out of "buildup" mode, it's time for the Big Climax. I'm sure there are other villains in the funnybooks who appear after Negan, and I'm equally sure that we will see them a lot sooner than we see any kind of serious storytelling dedicated to Negan.

These two things are probably related.  I don't read the comics so don't know anything about what's in them, how they track with the show, other than what I read here but it does seem as if there's some kind of disconnect between where the show starts to go with something and then where it ends up, or doesn't end up.  

First of all, I thought I heard Negan say he was going to badly beat someone not kill them... so I don't know why everyone's jumping to that conclusion other than the idea of having a season ending cliffhanger just for a beating would be even more infuriating than the cliffhanger itself.

However, if there is a death my guess would be Glenn mostly because his limit on ludicrous death fake outs expired about 2 close calls ago, as well as the fact that they keep having these mysterious bonding scenes between Aaron and Maggie.

Would be a really poor choice on the writers part to replace Maggie's love interest with such a mediocre character though so maybe I'm just imagining things.

And Aaron is gay and has a partner already so there's that as well.

• Love 5

These two things are probably related.  I don't read the comics so don't know anything about what's in them, how they track with the show, other than what I read here but it does seem as if there's some kind of disconnect between where the show starts to go with something and then where it ends up, or doesn't end up.  

And Aaron is gay and has a partner already so there's that as well.

oops I forgot about that... he really is unmemorable to me... thanks... as will now delete my post for its stupidity

(edited)

Another thing about Morgan killing the Savior, last week we had this neverending philosophical debate between Morgan and Rick where we are supposed to believe that Rick was going too far and that Morgan was in the right. So now that Morgan killed the guy because apparently not all life is precious, does this mean that Rick will start spouting all life is precious and will happily give Negan half of everything that they have? This is the problem with Gimple cherry picking actual events to support philosophical arguments about life and death that are nuanced and complex.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 2

First of all, I thought I heard Negan say he was going to badly beat someone not kill them...

Well, every single time a Savior meets another group, they monologue about how they always kill one person to make their point.  (They haven't seemed to pick up on the fact that Rick & Friends kill everyone.)  And Negan reiterated that point.

• Love 8
(edited)

Yup, a goddamn cliffhanger.  How disrespectful to the audience to not let us react to who died and make everyone play an idiotic guessing game until October.  Fuck Gimple.

I listened to the audio of Negan's speech a couple of days ago and the audio alone was grisly, but added with the visuals it was just cartoony and stupid.  About 3 minutes in I was thinking, "Shut up and hit somebody already.  Sheesh." 

Eugene made me cry and his hug with Abraham was the best thing ever.  

I'm glad Carol and Morgan found some good people to help them, they've earned it...and the horse is still alive!  Yay horsie!

Scott Gimple said tonight when Chris asked him to respond to those fans feeling angry/disrespected by the cliffhanger. Gimple said something along the lines of he wanted us to feel like we were there with CDB, kneeling in that line, not knowing...The problem is, at the end of the episode CDB does know, but we, the viewers don't. How can we be with them, feeling their fear and their grief in that moment, it they have knowledge that we don't? If anything it separates us from the characters.

Exactly.  Negan picked his target, speechified for a while longer, and then swung the bat.  They all knew.  What a BS answer from Gimple - again, no respect for the audience. 

Edited by GreyBunny
  • Love 9

Another thing about Morgan killing the Savior, last week we had this neverending philosophical debate between Morgan and Rick where we are supposed to believe that Rick was going too far and that Morgan was in the right. So now that Morgan killed the guy because apparently not all life is precious, does this mean that Rick will start spouting all life is precious and will happily give Negan half of everything that they have? This is the problem with Gimple cherry picking actual events to support philosophical arguments about life and death that are nuanced and complex.

That would be unbearable.  I'm sure Carl would take a different view, however.

• Love 1

oops I forgot about that... he really is unmemorable to me... thanks... as will now delete my post for its stupidity

I think Aaron is one of the more interesting characters, or could be, but we just don't get much of him.  I thought what he was doing, outside the community trying to find survivors to bring back to ASZ is actually something that would have been interesting to see the show explore.  But it just turned out to be another mcguffin, a way to have him run into CDB and get them to ASZ.

I don't want to speculate about who gets the personal introduction to Lucille, for the same reason I try to avoid spoilers, I'd rather just be informed when it happens and then be surprised or delighted or aghast at what happens but I do wonder about Aaron's inclusion in their little road trip.

• Love 6
I don't want to speculate about who gets the personal introduction to Lucille, for the same reason I try to avoid spoilers, I'd rather just be informed when it happens and then be surprised or delighted or aghast at what happens but I do wonder about Aaron's inclusion in their little road trip.

My kids vote that it's Aaron based on that.  He seemed to force his way onto the mission for no compelling reason, other than to be there at the end. 

• Love 6
(edited)

It seems as if Morgan could adhere to his philosophy as long as he didn't care enough about any person to feel compelled to kill to save their life. He lost his little philosophical war with Carol, who claimed that you will have to kill to protect people you care about, the moment he shot the Saviour. He inadvertently proved Carol right by ultimately having to kill to protect, the irony being that Carol turned out to be the one he cares enough about to kill for.

I'm glad Carol and Morgan found some good people to help them, they've earned it.

It kind of felt like Carol and Morgan, particularly Morgan, were getting a karmic reward for becoming disenchanted with Team Rick's killhappy ways and opting out. Remember Morgan prevented Rick from gunning down the fleeing armoured guy last episode, Morgan vocally disapproving of Rick's plan, and Carol not disapproving of Rick's tactics but voting with her feet. Both are spared from the trauma that the bulk of Team Rick is currently suffering.

I loved the Saviour attempting to get Carol to make a big show of agony and beg and plead for her life, failing miserably, getting a wry "Probably not" response to his asking her whether she thought she'd suffered enough, turning his back on Carol like "This bitch is cray," and then only coming back when she taunted him. Ha! That was awesome. Even when she was dying, Carol shit all over the Saviours' bullshit machismo. (The Saviour's bewildered expression when he was about to walk away was the best thing ever.) Carol is a true gangsta: laughing in the face of death and daring her captor to kill her while fucking Rick, who spent last episode bragging about how tough and hard he was, was shitting his pants in terror. Carol >>>>> Rick.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 18

Well, every single time a Savior meets another group, they monologue about how they always kill one person to make their point.  (They haven't seemed to pick up on the fact that Rick & Friends kill everyone.)  And Negan reiterated that point.

Very true.  And, also, if someone were to escape that Lucille beating and come out alive, that would reeeeallllllllly be ridiculous.  There was blood.  There was crunching.  Negan kept hitting him or her over and over.  There's no way anyone is surviving that. 

• Love 8

..."We are Negan--and Nackers. Lower your weapons and surrender your will. We shall add your physical, technological, and apocalyptic viral distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile."

• Love 1

Yup, a goddamn cliffhanger.  How disrespectful to the audience to not let us react to who died and make everyone play an idiotic guessing game until October.  Fuck Gimple.

I listened to the audio of Negan's speech a couple of days ago and the audio alone was grisly, but added with the visuals it was just cartoony and stupid.  About 3 minutes in I was thinking, "Shut up and hit somebody already.  Sheesh." 

Eugene made me cry and his hug with Abraham was the best thing ever.  

I'm glad Carol and Morgan found some good people to help them, they've earned it...and the horse is still alive!  Yay horsie!

Yep more of that damn TALKING that the group does. Just endlessly talk your damn ear off. 

• Love 1

Actually I think upon re-watch my favorite line from Negan

"You killed my people. A whole damn lot of em....more than I'm comfortable with"

Like wait what? So there is a certain amount he's fine with LOL

Well he's only killing one of them.

Isn't that the usual Survivors tax? Considering Ricks crew killed a couple dozen of them, they're not paying as high price as they could be.

• Love 4