Type keyword(s) to search

S32.E07: It's Merge Time

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

Why have they not been giving these people antibiotics for those oozing sores before this? Obviously nothing has been done if the doctor is brought to camp. Should have been taken care of earlier, I'd think. But it's up to the contestant to let medical know they need something.

This is like those gross Facebook posts about oozing sores and what comes out of them. I couldn't look.

Nick's never felt like a pretty girl before.... LOL, that should have been the episode title. "I Feel Pretty"

Debbie the Chemist (this week) drove me crazy this episode. She was all over the place, like that sideways crab on the beach.

Neal going out like that when he still felt OK had to be brutal. I hope he gets a second chance down the road. I wish he'd slipped Aubry the idol. Her Oregon Trail analogy was funny, in a way.

• Love 21

Ugh.   I do feel very bad for all those people, but it was still the grossest episode ever.

I understand Aubry's frustration, but still SHUT UP.   He didn't have a chance to give you the idol.

• Love 11

Did not need close ups of those gross sores. ewwwww

Scott and Jason are awfully arrogant, and what does Nick have that makes everyone want to bring him in to their alliance over others. Did not like the way Scott talked to Aubry and Joe. 

• Love 15

I'm not even going to lie. I cried. Poor Neal. 
(he couldn't slip Audrey the idol? boo). 

but I always wondered. Can the player ever go "No - I don't want to be pulled out?" 

So basically unless things really go to poop - this is basically a Pagonging of the Brains, then beauty v. brawn. 

• Love 5

"Sometimes you get dysentery and you die".

Well there ya go....

Too bad for Neal, but his side was in trouble tonight anyway.  Debbie is just such a pill.  I'm done with her.

I understand hanging with Brawn for the goat factor, I would just rather not watch it.  

Things can always shift.....

• Love 8

Well, that was a bummer.  I wasn't a fan of Neal, but I hate when anyone has to leave the game due to injury or illness.  Is this the first time someone was able to come back and serve on the jury?

Nick seems to have a good mind for the game.  But am I awful if I hope someone takes him to F2 and tells him they're only taking him because he's too ugly to win?  I don't need for Debbie or anyone else (including Nick himself) to talk about how good-looking he is anymore.  They're not convincing me.

Jason is annoying again.  The show is much better when he gets no air time.

• Love 18

Ah well that was disappointing. I thought that would have been a great TC. I didn't like Neal but I felt sorry for him and hope he's ok.

I was surprised medical didn't do anything about Aubry's huge infected lump. Looked to me like it should have been lanced. But I'm not a doctor nor do I play one on TV so...

Next week looks better than this week.

Edited by Straycat80
  • Love 8

Neal imma let you have your boil but James was the hottest jury evac OF ALL TIME.

That was just a parade of grossness and I do not appreciate it, show. Jeff couldn't even look.

Debbie is such an annoying drunk.

Damn you Scot just when I started to like you you had to blab about something that was not yours to talk about.

Well, that was a bummer. I wasn't a fan of Neal, but I hate when anyone has to leave the game due to injury or illness. Is this the first time someone was able to come back and serve on the jury?

James in an all star season injured his finger and served on the jury toting his IV pole with him.

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 15

Ugh... this season is going down the tubes.  This latest medi-vac could pave the way for a very predictable next few votes, which is no fun.  And of course it would be the one person from the minority side who had an idol and could actually prevent a straight Pagong-ing of the Brains.  Ugh... just, ugh.  

I was really turned off by how Nick talked to Michele in their conversation.  She was giving reasons why she was leaning towards aligning with Brawn over Beauty, and he just interrupts and says "WE are going with Brawn".  No reasoning, no checking it over with her.  Like it was solely his decision and any reservations she might have don't matter.  It was unbecoming.

Edited by me5671
  • Love 18

I'm guessing Neal didn't have to be shipped to a far off hospital, but could be treated by the medical staff, and be transported to the tribal councils.  I don't watch the Ponderosa stuff, but I would assume it's a lot cleaner and more sanitary than the beach camps.  

I really dislike Scott and Jason more every episode.  Stuffing geeks in lockers - that quits being amusing the day after high school graduation, and these guys look old enough to have offspring that are at least middle school age.   Aubrey at least gave a speech about historical facts (wagon train), and tied it into the game.

Tai and his chickens are just weird.  Debbie is weird.

I'd like to know why medical couldn't treat them at the challenge before they went back to camp.  The last medical evac made it very plain that medical is present for each challenge. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 11

Well, that was a bummer.  I wasn't a fan of Neal, but I hate when anyone has to leave the game due to injury or illness.  Is this the first time someone was able to come back and serve on the jury?

Nick seems to have a good mind for the game.  But am I awful if I hope someone takes him to F2 and tells him they're only taking him because he's too ugly to win?  I don't need for Debbie or anyone else (including Nick himself) to talk about how good-looking he is anymore.  They're not convincing me.

Jason is annoying again.  The show is much better when he gets no air time.

No, they pulled James, and he got to come back.

• Love 1

I think Neal was too surprised and disappointed to think about giving his idol to Aubrey. Wow, I could not look at those infections (yes, I have HDTV...). I found it interesting that Jeff followed up the 'show and tell' from the challenge. I would imagine a medic said something after seeing all of the various injuries/infections and Jeff and production followed up on it.

Very interesting that Nick said he would rather hang out with Aubrey than any of the other women. They could create an alliance and take out the brawn. It seems to be setting up some interesting scenarios.

Debbie is taking her self-appointed 'master strategist' too seriously. She may have a humor about herself, but she is very unaware of how others see her. She totally weirded Nick out at the merge feast.

• Love 11
James in an all star season injured his finger and served on the jury toting his IV pole with him.

No, they pulled James, and he got to come back.

Thanks, Mojoween and Daisy.  I can't believe I forgot about that!

I'm over this season. I'll keep watching, but seriously, everyone left is miserable. Well, almost everyone. But Nick, Scot, and Jason are unbearable. I don't really care for Cydney, on the fence with Michele, and am only rooting for Debbie for the crazy aspect. If this season had more likable people I probably wouldn't be rooting for her. I hope Jeff brings up to this crew how lucky they were because some of them probably wouldn't make it as far as they ended up going because of the medevacs so far.

And then the injuries/medevacs have put an even bigger damper on this season.

• Love 11

Okay, I'm not watching this season in full, but I tuned in for the infection-fest here.  First, I find it irresponsible that they aren't getting the antibiotics they need (or if they are, that the show isn't saying we aren't leaving infections like these untreated).

Second, I just have no use for Probst talking us through how courageous Neal was tonight, how much he wanted to fight, but no, it is not his fault he was pulled from the game, he was a hero felled by an infection.  I just think back to that woman on the season with Penner, who had severe abdominal issues and he made her quit, rather than allow her an honorable out.  How is one infection worthy of praise and another worthy of disdain.  Gahhhh!!!!

• Love 9

I am convinced Michele is winning after this episode. She even got tot tell us how which is essentially to sit next to either a goat (Jason) or the millionaire (Scot) at FTC since nobody will give them the million.  

I also find it funny that Julia who was pretty much invisible the whole episode was the one in the alliance that came up with the plan to vote out Aubry since none of them would see it coming.

Poor Neal. I actually thought his back looked worse though I understand the infection being that close to a joint made it more dangerous.

• Love 3

Debbie is really tap dancing on my damn last nerves. She really needs to go if she keeps it up and sick of her saying she's playing offense. No girl you're playing fast and loose now with being everywhere and trying so desperately to get the numbers. Calm your ass down some. While the medic was there he should have slipped Debbie some Ritalin.

Nick wanting to side with brawn because he can manipulate them. I wonder what emotion he's going to compute when he's doing that. Let's hope he doesn't have a system failure cause he'll have to put in overtime when it comes to Scot and Kyle.

Gross to fucking Kyle eating and we're seeing him talk with his mouth full and food spraying out of his atrocious mouth. Nasty ass, keep your damn mouth closed when you're eating.

I feel bad for Neal for having to be taken out of the game like that even though he said he feels fine. I really don't need to be seeing close ups of disgusting ass pus and seeing inside cavities and all that. No thank you. Doctors get my respect in that regards for being able to look at that nasty stuff without vomiting.  I was hoping Scot would need to be taken out of the game. Dammit.

This season is just so annoying more than anything. Barely anyone to root for.

• Love 19

Neal going out like that when he still felt OK had to be brutal. I hope he gets a second chance down the road. I wish he'd slipped Aubry the idol. Her Oregon Trail analogy was funny, in a way.

Yeah except it was incorrect. You can either caulk the wagon *or* ford the river, but you can't do both.

• Love 2

Super. The Brotherhood Of The Ugly Tattoos are going to ride into Day 39. They'll be getting second and third-place money. That's just dandy. And I was hoping for some hidden idol skullduggery to lead to Scot or Jason to get voted off. But Neal ends up getting booted, and he's so stupid that he forgot to give Aubrey his idol.

Is there any way we could get a happy ending for this season? And wouldn't it have been better for this season to be S31, as opposed to airing Second Chances first? I don't think there's anybody worth rooting for with gusto. Right now, I'm hoping somebody snaps and punches Scot and Jason the hell out. Dare to dream, right?

I'm guessing a few Beauty tribe members will set the record for longest period before first Tribal Council. I can't be bothered to find their names, though.

• Love 8

If there is a negative number on the zero sympathy scale I'm there. I've disliked Neal since the first two episodes where he was talking smack about Debbie and Joe based on their ages. He came off as a smarmy dick....and he cemented that for the ages by not saying he wanted to say a private good bye to Aubrey and slip her the idol....no...clearly the idea of taking home the Idol as a souvenier meant more to him than helping out his closest alliance mate....Neal thy name is Douche. Please, please please....no second chance season for him.

Speaking of douches evertime there was a segement of Scot, Jason and Nick I had to marvel at the perfect trifecta of tools. That you could group together so many asshats in one spot is amazing.

I was convinced one of the young women would win the balance challenge. Which incidently provided the highlight of the night....Debbie cracking up at Probst's tossing out double entandres (or however you spell that!) about Tai's balls. She was totally Meta as an audience member.

That whole medical evaluation thing was really, really weired. I mean their concern seemed strange...I mean haven't there been cast members as far back as Colleen in season one that actually had larvae hatching in open wounds....and now 15 years later suddenly they care? Very strange.

All and all this is a truly dreadful cast. I know this because I keep thinking about one of the last few really GREAT casts and that was the one wtih Natalie, Jon and his girlfriend and the mother and daughter. The only one I am actively rooting for to win is Cydney at this point.

Edited by North of Eden
  • Love 10

I am convinced Michele is winning after this episode. She even got tot tell us how which is essentially to sit next to either a goat (Jason) or the millionaire (Scot) at FTC since nobody will give them the million.  

Oh, Michele. Where you see goats no one will vote for, the jury will see strong men making the argument that they were "playing the game," and you were a coat tail rider/hanger on. Jason will then cry crocodile tears about his daughters and the casual sexism of Survivor will make the rest of his argument for him.

Sandra Diaz-Twine you are not.

• Love 17

That whole medical evaluation thing was really, really weired. I mean their concern seemed strange...I mean haven't there been cast members as far back as Colleen in season one that actually had larvae hatching in open wounds....and now 15 years later suddenly they care? Very strange.

Wait, what? I never watched season 1. This REALLY happened? EYOOWW!

• Love 3

If there is a negative number on the zero sympathy scale I'm there. I've disliked Neal since the first two episodes where he was talking smack about Debbie and Joe based on their ages. He came off as a smarmy dick....and he cemented that for the ages by not saying he wanted to say a private good bye to Aubrey and slip her the idol....no...clearly the idea of taking home the Idol as a souvenier meant more to him than helping out his closest alliance mate....Neal thy name is Douche. Please, please please....no second chance season for him.

He was really upset about getting pulled, he may have just not have thought to give her the idol. Or not wanted to do it in front of everyone.

I was annoyed because  I wanted Aubrey to get the idol, but I don't necessarily think Neal's a douche for it.

• Love 9

Shut the show off 10 minutes into it - and I've never done that before - but it is obvious where it is going. I think I'm out for the season. I've been a viewer since midway into season one and I have never left before. I've stuck around with players I've hated and losing favorite players but until now, I always hung on. But this season sucks beyond anything I've ever seen before. Goodbye Survivor. Hope you are better in the fall.

• Love 5

That whole medical evaluation thing was really, really weird. I mean their concern seemed strange...I mean haven't there been cast members as far back as Colleen in season one that actually had larvae hatching in open wounds....and now 15 years later suddenly they care? Very strange.

I should probably take it to the grassy knoll, but producer manipulation springs to mind.

• Love 3

Lovin' that HD for this one... this was no Jaws or even Chasing Amy comparison of wounds that was at least entertaining this was just festering sores 101 and I didn't need to go back to health class!! *shudder* I hope nobody was trying to eat dinner watching tonight!

All the whirring tigers around the newly merged tribal home and then they all turned to butter instead of an tribal that would have at least been interesting. What a let down.

The problem here is that Debbie isn't Yoda... when she tells people "You will be in my alliance" she doesn't do the Jedi mind trick and she just looks bossy and unhinged. You tell them something and make it so they even think they thought of it first it's such a great idea, you don't hit them over the head with it!!

I think we are seeing more and more of why this season was pulled.

ETA: I don't hold the not bequeathing the idol to anyone on the way out against him. But I DO hold it against him for not stripping off his ice cream pants and throwing them to Tai to save us all from closeups of his barely disguised junk.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 10

Do we even know that Neal was permitted to transfer the HII as he was saying goodbye?  If someone is voted out with a HII on them, they can't turn around and toss it to an ally.  The doctor's declaring Neal pulled was the functional equivalent of his being voted out.

• Love 12

Besides James in Micronesia there was also Bruce Kenegai in Panama Exile Island. And I'm not sure about Eric in Caramoan,  I havnet watched that episode yet.

Jeez, if Neal has to pull a Culton, he couldn't hold up the idol to the camera and say - Thanks for the souvenir - in a nasal lisp?

see below (not sure how to move around quotes)

I actually groaned aloud that Probst and CBS have found themselves a Dr. Rupert.   I'm sure he's a good doctor and all, but please.

See below...

The fact that TPTB provide sunscreen and cosmetics (I'm assuming these folks don't just wake up with their hair done) but not prophylactic wound care is sort of ridiculous.

They do not provide cosmetics of any kind....

If there is a negative number on the zero sympathy scale I'm there. I've disliked Neal since the first two episodes where he was talking smack about Debbie and Joe based on their ages. He came off as a smarmy dick....and he cemented that for the ages by not saying he wanted to say a private good bye to Aubrey and slip her the idol....no...clearly the idea of taking home the Idol as a souvenier meant more to him than helping out his closest alliance mate....

Neal tweeted about why he didnt give the idol to Aubry... something aobut her saying she was ready to slit his throat the night before.

As for Dr Rupert being there, and as for their sudden concern, I put theh dots together that with Peter being voted off 3 days earlier and needing to be taken to the states for surgery thanks to his nasty staph/MRSA boils, and the EXACT SAME THING happened to Liz Markham early in the game, Dr. Joe was probably with Peter in the hospital or something and therefore sent Dr. Rupert, specifically to assess the cast as they were starting to get concerned about the rampant staph/mrsa on the brains beach, which could rapidly spread to the rest of the cast if they didn't take care of it right then and there. staph / mrsa/ cellulilitis is very serious.

Stephen Fishbach tweeted this gem tonight: this season is Brains vs Brawn vs Beauty vs bacteria... lol.

I tweeted about Neal: Bested By Beastly Brain Beach Bacteria. Boohoo :(

• Love 11

I don't watch the Ponderosa stuff, but I would assume it's a lot cleaner and more sanitary than the beach camps.

Luxury hotel, with a full bar, the last few times they've been in Cambodia.

Colleen's sores in Season 1 were serious, to the point she had permanent scarring. Not sure if she quietly sued them for medical issues or not, but she should have. Back then, they had no idea what they were doing, literally, and with each season they've corrected their course.

I agree after reading everyone's thoughts that Neal was pulled from the game, game over. Idol in his pocket, he can't transfer it to someone else after that.

• Love 6

Boo.  Neal was one of the two people I liked so now I guess I'm just riding with Tai.  Although if the previews for next week mean anything, Ima love seeing Cydney finally speak up and get some air time.  I'm completely pissed about how the Men Brawn keep excluding her from their plotting.  It's ridiculous how good she looks this many days in...bitch.  Just kidding, Cydney.  You got a sistah ready to hit the gym.

• Love 5

I had to avert my eyes for all of the medical scenes, as I was eating at the time (and I have no desire to see any of that stuff ever). It was pretty obvious once we hit the immunity challenge that medical issues would be a factor this episode, but I still wasn't expecting Neal to be medevaced. Depending on how the alliances shake out now, there could be an outright Pagonging, but as we have seen from other seasons, a minority alliance can still pick off a majority alliance, under the right circumstances. 

My understanding is that they were in tents on a beach this season.

I think Ponderosa is the same as last season, so it was like a bungalow on the beach, with some additional tents for those who didn't have a room. 

• Love 3

If the chicken is that desperate for food, they must not be feeding it.

I knew Tai shouldn't have shown the idol to Scot.

Jason/Kyle is such an asshole.

Probst lost an opportunity to tell them to grab their balls.

Why did Nick want Aubry to go home?  He's hurting himself.

Man, Neal had tons of little red insect bites all over his back. "It's a big, nasty spot."  Is that a medical term?

I wonder if Neal's idol will be back in the game.

LOL'd at Aubry's reference to Oregon Trail.

Let's hope Cydney and Jason/Kyle blow up next week.

• Love 9

I think Ponderosa is the same as last season, so it was like a bungalow on the beach, with some additional tents for those who didn't have a room. 

Yeah.  That makes sense with what we saw last season. Not four star, but something!

Edited by pennben

I was excited at the beginning of the episode thinking we were finally seeing some game play...but then they all opened their mouths.way.too.much. They are so full of themselves that they think they 'got this' and they just blah blah blah, flap those lips. I cannot stand Debbie. But I hate brawn boys more. I am actually liking Nick's game. He kind of reminds me of Spencer last season, playing both sides very quietly while absorbing information. I don't like him as a person but he's playing the game. As is Aubry. Don't like her either but I am rooting for her. I hope beauty girls don't get sucked in with brawn like they were leaning towards in tonight's episode. At least they are leery. None of these people are overly likable and they are very egotistical. Brawn Guys, Debbie and Joe are the ones I'd like to see go next.

And yep...gross! They mentioned lancing something and I nearly fainted.

• Love 6