Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E18: Worlds Finest

Trini
  • Start Topic

"Worlds Finest" - Kara gains a new ally when the lightning-fast superhero The Flash (Grant Gustin) suddenly appears from an alternate universe and helps Kara battle Siobhan, aka Silver Banshee, and Livewire in exchange for her help in finding a way to return him home.

Sneak peeks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGJ-vRbETDY

(My name is Barry Allen, and I cannot keep a secret...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iv02UYr3LCY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBvDzcX214Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEa5gGbuvQo

• Love 1

"You look like an attractive yet racially diverse cast of a CW show."  Ha!

I really hope this show survives just so we can get another crossover.  Definitely the best of the season.  Barry and Kara were so awesome together.  James and Kara though...I'm still not buying into them.  

Finally I would like to go one week without knowing about the DEO and Supergirl's involvement.  

• Love 18

ok, if this was a crossover from the Flash tv show I may now have to start watching it. This episode was so cute and the actor playing the Flash did a great job -- loved the friendship chemistry between him and Supergirl! And way to ramp up the drama at the end -- I was not a fan of Melissa Benoist on Glee but she has turned me into a fan! She was adorable after she kissed James and was trying to figure out if it was a good kiss or a bad kiss! 

• Love 5

Forget Batman v Superman, this is how you do a crossover DC!

"You look like an attractive yet racially diverse cast of a CW show."  Ha!

Best line of the night. I nearly spat out my drink.

• Love 7

The Flash was awesome. I'm gonna miss him.

Why was the storyline with Alex and Hank dropped so abruptly? Where are they? Why are they MIA in such a tough time, when Livewire and Silver Banshee teamed up? And what the heck is Myriad? Where did Jimmy go? was he a doppelganger/shapeshifter? Will Alex and Hank be MIA as Myriad comes to fruition? Or will they bring Jeremiah Danvers with them at the last second?

When is the next episode?

It's more fun when super heroes team up. Take note movieverse. 

I kind of stopped watching the Flash and gave up on this show. But the crossover looked like fun so I caught up on Supergirl to watch this episode. It was fun. Barry and Kara had good chemistry. He ft in nice on the show. I loved Kat knew Barry was the Flash. So she also has to know that Kara is Supergirl since she was hanging around the Flash. 

I loved the CW line and the one about Barry showing up at the same time as the Flash and that's how she knew it was him. 

I wonder if Barry will talk about her to Team Flash? It was nice to see a team up and for Barry to be the one giving a pep talk since he gets two an episode on his show. 

• Love 7

That was fun. I may have to go back and watch The Flash again.

I was impressed with Silver Banshee's look and her cry is so much cooler than Laurel's Black Canary.

At first I thought Kara had accidentally given James the "kiss of forgetfulness" from Superman II.

• Love 9

Well, Barry held up his end of the episode. For those not familiar with The Flash, he truly is the Fastest Dork Alive. And we love him for that. Nice to see him bond with another blonde in glasses. I would've wanted a Superman cameo, but a. I don't think that's possible, and b. He's probably laying low after BvS hit theaters.

Anybody else wanting the episode to go 90 minutes? For one, we'll preempted by the NCAA final next week. For another, we could have gotten a montage of Live Wire getting Siobhan gussied up as Silver Banshee. How did they find the time for the makeover? Also, how cheesy was it for the "normals" to stand up for Supergirl? I kept expecting SB to blow really hard and wipe the crowd out.

Nice to see Barry nudge Kara towards James. The question is whether it would have happened if he didn't come to this show. And Barry shared his science with the NCPD, so that villains can have due process.. . . as opposed to last year, where Barry kept dumping Villains Of The Week into the Pipeline. Granted, this was done by a 25th Century refugee posing as a brilliant scientist, but still . . . .

Damn . . . forgot about Myriad. Anybody else flash back to "The Christmas Invasion" from Doctor Who? Anybody else curious about whether Russell T. Davies can smack somebody up?

ETA: If you haven't seen The Flash . . . see it. It can be heavy, but it's the most lighthearted of the CW's DC Comics-based shows. Also, Cisco is a biggest goober than Winn, and the hero has father figures in abundance.

• Love 15

That episode was just fun! Even if it was a little on the cheesy side, you couldn't help but grin when Winn was geeking out over multiple universes. Or Kara was really excited about ice cream. Or Barry tried to make pop culture references. I really enjoyed it.

Also, Cat just outright told Kara she knew Barry was The Flash? That's almost too much! I can't decide if I enjoy that they're playing it both ways with Cat. 

• Love 8

Nice to see that the DEO officially has community tours now.

Livewire was fine, I didn't like Silver Banshee at all.

If SB made supergirl's ears bleed those regular people's heads should have exploded.

James being jealous all episode was lame, however I did like Kara just going for it. Too bad he turned into a mindless zombie.

The Flash stuff was okay but I'm not all that enamored with Barry Allen this season so...

Regarding Lucy at the DEO, in the words of Lavon Hayes, "Naw, naw, naw, naw, naw!" I'm sure Vasquez left in protest.

I really missed Alex and Hank/J'onn.

Edited by miracole
  • Love 3

Two small things that I really liked about this episode. First, Barry and Kara met in broad daylight with supersaturated colors. A very welcome change from the plague of grimdark/gray/gritty superhero cinematography. 

The second thing? Kara/Melissa eating an ice cream cone was so adorable!

• Love 11

Loved the CW line.

And just as I was about to complain about the way the supervillains keep hiding out in abandoned warehouses in every single Arrowverse show, Barry said it for me.

My only nitpicks: really didn't like Silver Banshee, and Barry didn't get to meet Martian Manhunter! Next crossover, Kara, introduce them!

• Love 6

The only part that was a little too cheesy was the citizens defeating the villains instead of our two heroes, but other than that, this was great! Barry and Kara were adorable together, Barry was actually really helpful (I hope his own show remembers this), and Kara has a new superhero friend!

... Love that Cat knows. I'm guessing she's just playing along with Kara.

Well, I'm not even going to try and handwave Cat somehow NOT noticing about Kara/Supergirl anymore. I'm taking it as fact that she KNOWS and is playing along.

• Love 5

After last week's episode of "if you're an alien, you have to hide who you are" it was kind of fun for Kara to make a friend who is all like "you're an alien?  That is SO awesome! Rock on with your bad self!"  Now she needs to meet Cisco who might kneel down and worship her.

I loved it so much.  Now I want Barry to rush over there and take Oliver with him.  I don't even care why - just make it happen. :)  And if they can please pop over to Flarrowverse Earth with MM in tow that would be so awesome.  I want to see Thea and Diggle react to aliens please.

Anyway....I don't think I'm feeling James and Kara.  First, she and Barry were electric with the chemistry - just SO much fun.  Two, I still feel more between James and Lucy even though they are broken up.

Though I have to say as far as ship stalls go - having the guy turn into a mindless zombie who might not even remember the kiss - that's a good one.

• Love 3

Well, Barry held up his end of the episode. For those not familiar with The Flash, he truly is the Fastest Dork Alive.

....snip....

Damn . . . forgot about Myriad. Anybody else flash back to "The Christmas Invasion" from Doctor Who?

I was watching Barry with a stupid grin the entire episode.  Barry is so much fun when they drop the baggage in the universe breach and just let him be adorkable for a whole episode.  I really enjoyed all the interactions with Cat, Jimmy, Kara, and Winn.

And yes, I totally flashed to Doctor Who at the end.  I thought it was a misstep in an otherwise great episode because it was so derivative of Doctor Who.

• Love 5

Great team-up.  Zach Snyder, take note.

The Flash-Barry worked really well on this show because they are both in the sunshine, and Grant Gustins adorkable chemistry was perfect bouncing off of Kara., two kids with ice cream.  Good to see that Olivers lessons on Plan For Everything and Go Slow (Except in Love) paid off.

Nice transition by Italia Ricci into the Sliver Banshee,  Callista Flockhart hit the right note when Cat was begging for her life (and conveniently forgetting the existence of the father of her sons).

Lighthouse ,method, huh....How is that different from what we do anyway..... still, nice to see Cat supporting Kara although I suspect having peace in her office is a large part of that.

.Damn . . . forgot about Myriad. Anybody else flash back to "The Christmas Invasion" from Doctor Who?

Yes!

• Love 1

What a nice young man that Barry Allen is. I may have to start watching his show, but I wish he could have stayed longer and hung out with Kara and Winn some more. The race at the end was pure nerdgasm.

Jimmy continues to be a charisma-free zone. I don't feel any chemistry between him and Kara at all. Also found Siobhan's voodoo make-up quite OTT. 

Very fun episode overall!

Edited by Argenta
  • Love 8

That was fun. I may have to go back and watch The Flash again.

I was impressed with Silver Banshee's look and her cry is so much cooler than Laurel's Black Canary.

At first I thought Kara had accidentally given James the "kiss of forgetfulness" from Superman II.

Flash is like Supergirl.  Don't think too hard and its usually a lot of fun.  My heart of course belongs to Arrow.  ;) 

I had the exact thought about Silver Banshee's cry vs BC's.  That's the power that has always been missing. 

Ha!  If the Kiss of Forgetfulness had been employed, that would have been hilarious. 

As it was, nice twist.  I did not see that coming. 

"Let's settle this like women." My love of Barry Allen grows. He and Kara had good chemistry. I hope we get to see more of them. Love that Cat knows. I'm guessing she's just playing along with Kara.

That was my favorite line.  The CW line was funny until I looked closer and realized the "diverse" cast was made up of 1 black guy.  Yup, super diverse.  Insert eye roll. 

That crossover though, that was adorable.  I enjoy the Flash but I LOVED him here.  And he made Kara her best self.  Loved that Barry learned his lesson about groping women on fire, ha!  Also loved that Barry for once was the one that was stressing the need for a plan.  Oliver would be proud. 

All that glorious sun light!!!  That was beautiful!  I can't believe that the episode they are advertising for tomorrow night is the King Shark episode.  I guess it also gets the Arrow universe in there as well but it's sooo weird a choice. 

Cat knew!!  Thank goodness since they are all terrible liars.  Please let it be that she also knows about Kara but is willing to let the pretense stand. 

• Love 7

Kara and Barry together was about as charming as expected.  Honestly, I think I liked Barry here way more then this entire season of The Flash, because he was actually having fun, being supportive, and actually smart, instead of just moping around, crying, and everyone giving him unlimited pep talks.  I feel like it's been ages since we've seen this Barry.  Also loved him and Winn geeking out with each other, his mentions of the time he was in similar situations (totally was hoping he'd bring up the tim ehe briefly went "bad"), and his excitement over Kara being an alien and aliens existing in general.  And, of course, I thought Melissa Benoist and Grant Gustin were great together.  Although, I'm pretty sure their smiles alone could generate some kind of power, if they put their minds to it.

Not surprised they would try to break out some big guns for the pair; in this case, it being the return of Livewire and Siobhan becoming the Silver Banshee.  Livewire had her moments, but I just couldn't stop laughing at Silver Banshee.  I guess that's how she looks in the comics, but she came off so ridiculous.  I was so disappointed that Cat didn't have single snarky remark for her new look.  The citizens of National City helping out at the end was a bit twee, but I guess it's nice that they are finally going to quit being assholes to Kara.  The firemen returning was a nice touch.

Seriously, the DEO has the worst security ever.  There should have never been a way for Siobhan to even see Livewire in her cell, when she was leaving.  I know Lucy is new to this, so I won't blame her, but she needs to get someone on that stat.

Cat has to know Kara is Supergirl, right?  She figured out Barry was The Flash, so that is the only logical assumption.

Kara finally makes a move on Jimmy, so of course, this means Nan has to be Captain Buzkill, and use this Myraid thing to make everyone mindless zombies, I guess.

So, it looks like Bernie Sanders is in this universe as well, and likes yoga.

Only real disappointment was no Alex and Hank.  I can only imagine how Barry would have reacted to J'onn.

That was fun.  Hope they do it again.  And I really hope Kara goes over to The Flash.  I can just see her interacting with Joe, Harry, etc.  And Cisco.  You just know Cisco would be her number one fan.  Even Oliver can pop up, and really get it annoyed over having both Barry and Kara be smiley and optimistic, and basically be everything he is not.

• Love 6
What a nice young man that Barry Allen is. I may have to start watching his show, but I wish he could have stayed longer and hung out with Kara and Winn some more. The race at the end was pure nerdgasm.

I loved Winn as well.  They need to let Winn have fun more often.  He's so much more fun when he's pumped and nerding out. 

Jimmy continues to be a charisma-free zone. I don't feel any chemistry between him and Kara at all. Also found Siobhan's voodoo make-up quite OTT.

Siobhan's make over cracked me up since it was clearly done by a pair of evil crack pots.  That fact that she has to pop in contacts to complete her look cracked me up.  At least all the other bad guys just look like they look, Siobhan the fashionista CHOSE to look like that, ha, ha!  Good use of contour on her face though. 

I wanted to feel something between Jimmy and Kara but I just didn't during that kiss.  There was a moment when I thought he was going to suddenly swoop in and return the it where I felt the tension but nope, zombie.

I've thought about what's wrong with Jimmy and part of it is he is too much a supporting character.  Kara likes him and all but he doesn't feel three dimensional with her.  He worked with Lucy since we feel their history and baggage and Cat treats him like someone with a lot of responsibilities but I swear around Kara all he becomes is reactionary or a shoulder to cry on.  I wish they could find a way to give him his own thing that he can do to help. Even Winn has his computer stuff.  All Jimmy (and he has been demoted in my mind to Jimmy) has is his signal watch.  I was really hoping that the one coming to save the day in the park was Jimmy, even if he was just standing there directing the hoses.  (and really, that's all it took to take them out, high pressured water?) 

• Love 4

I liked this episode, yet I felt it was a little too cutesy. It also illustrates what is I think my biggest misgiving about this show so far, which is that it tends to treat anything other than the Kara/Alex/J'onn storylines with way too much superficiality. (Actually, they generally do a good job with the Kara/Kat storylines, too.)

It seems like any time Winn, James, Lucy, romance, or villains are involved, there is a lot of slapdash characterization and brusque treatment of the subject matter, with unearned emotional payoffs. 

• Love 2

Lame, lame, lame. Such an underwhelming and disappointing episode.

Since Supergirl is from other universe than The Flash and Green Arrow et alii, then there will not be Justice League in Arrowverse?

Remind me, did Marley ever meet Sebastian on Glee?

• Love 1

I just don't get why The Flash and Supergirl had to be from different universes. I usually assume when I watch a show that it's set in my (our) universe. But obviously, either Supergirl or The Flash (maybe both) are set in an alternate world none of us lives in. I don't understand why that's necessary.

• Love 4

I really liked the episode. I like The Flash (when Barry isn't being very angsty) so having him so dorky and light here was so much fun. Him and Kara are so similar, and I enjoyed their interactions a lot. I also loved that Barry said "Let's settle this like women". The one thing The Flash may need more of are female villains. 

I like Livewire, and Silver Banshee was ok, I guess. Her appearance aside, I liked seeing her transformation. Poor Winn, though. His sort of girlfriend turned evil. I actually have really grown to like Winn. He's a lot better than in the first eight episodes, and he really is going to make a perfect DEO agent, if they go that route. 

It looked like Livewire was reconsidering when she heard that Cat had sons. The coming together of the city was cheesy, but I kind of really enjoyed it, but mostly because of the firefighters. 

James/Kara is just so boring. I don't like them, and I hated the anvils being dropped by even Cat. So this was just a weak spot in an overwise fun episode.

Also, yes, Cat knows about Kara being Supergirl. It'll be revealed by the finale, I gather. 

I missed Alex and J'onn a little bit, actually. But she got a mention, at least. 

• Love 2

Livewire was fine, I didn't like Silver Banshee at all.

If SB made supergirl's ears bleed those regular people's heads should have exploded.

It should have looked like the movie 'Scanners' -- with heads of background extras exploding all over place -- if SB made Kara's ears bleed.  Other villains should take notice about that weakness.

Silver Banshee just looked ridiculous in that outfit.  And when did having super yelly skills also make her super strong too -- enough to push Supergirl around with her physical prowess ?  There was a lot of inconsistency with SB's powers -- they clearly showed her sound waves could push people out of the way, but when Barry and Kara popped in their earbuds SB's soundwaves suddenly lost their capability to push people around.  Uh, no.

Barry and Kara were delightful to watch together -- they have great chemistry.

• Love 7

I just don't get why The Flash and Supergirl had to be from different universes. I usually assume when I watch a show that it's set in my (our) universe. But obviously, either Supergirl or The Flash (maybe both) are set in an alternate world none of us lives in. I don't understand why that's necessary.

Supergirl CAN have a Flash pop in her universe at some point still (there are plenty to go around) but the universe that THAT Barry Allen lives in (along with Arrow) does not have a Superman or Supergirl in them. Basically, if in the CW universe a super powered alien existed, it would end most of the plots for the shows.  Barry with his super speed already is problematic for the unpowered Green Arrow. Now the third show on the CW, Legends of Tomorrow, has referenced Men of Steel ("I have seen men of steel die and dark knights fall") but that show has time travel so everything is up for grabs. 

Plus, Supergirl is already clearly in a universe apart from ours since I'm pretty sure that we do not have super powered flying aliens.  Just saying.  ;)

All that glorious sun light!!!  That was beautiful!  I can't believe that the episode they are advertising for tomorrow night is the King Shark episode.  I guess it also gets the Arrow universe in there as well but it's sooo weird a choice.

Ok, I'm back tracking on this.  Yesterday when I looked at the listing for The Flash, it was a rerun episode, King Shark, but now it is a new episode.  Almost wish it was King Shark.  Loved that one. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 5

Barry and Kara were so cute. I couldn't get over their perfect (platonic) chemistry. Such unabashed geeks along with Winn. I could tell that when Winn first met Barry, it's like they recognized the nerdiness in each other. With Kara, if I weren't a diehard WestAllen shipper, I would totally approve of this multiverse pairing.

It was also cool to see Barry being just a hair shy of cocky on this Earth (with Bernie Sanders!!), yet never obnoxious. Very different from occassionally angsty Barry as someone mentioned above. This is the sweet, light, fun Barry that I adore. May he never go down the Oliver path.

(My name is Barry Allen, and I cannot keep a secret...)

Bwahahaha! So true!

The CW line was funny until I looked closer and realized the "diverse" cast was made up of 1 black guy. Yup, super diverse. Insert eye roll.

That crossover though, that was adorable. I enjoy the Flash but I LOVED him here. And he made Kara her best self. Loved that Barry learned his lesson about groping women on fire, ha! Also loved that Barry for once was the one that was stressing the need for a plan.

Single eyebrow raise at the "diversity" with one black guy. At the very least, add Jenna Dewan Tatum to the group in Cat's office. At least she has some Middle Eastern heritage.

I was dying with how the newly feminist Barry wanted to put out Kara's blouse fire but was appropriately horrified at what that would involve and how it might be taken by a stranger. It reminded me of when Earth-1 Barry saw Earth-2 Iris (his doppelganger's wife) undressing and was totally looking away. I love that he didn't sneak a peek or cop a feel. Any other idiot male superhero movie would be playing up that awful angle.

Loved "Let's settle this like women." Such a cutie.

I stopped watching Supergirl after the first few eps, but I'm so glad I watched the crossover. I hope Kara visits Central City soon.

Edited by pookat
  • Love 5

Kara's reaction to the ice cream maybe the cutest thing I've ever seen not involving kittens or puppies or penguins.

Barry and Kara were adorable as predicted and I liked the experienced advice he gave her not to try so hard to win back the public's trust.

I like that ultimately it was Barry's scientific knowledge and experience that helped Kara against Silver Banshee and Livewire than his speed.

Cat HAS to know Kara's Supergirl if she figured Barry was the Flash so fast.

It should have looked like the movie 'Scanners' -- with heads of background extras exploding all over place -- if SB made Kara's ears bleed.  Other villains should take notice about that weakness.

In the John Bryne Superman comic which she first appeared in(and was the first Superman comic I've ever bought) Silver Banshee could turn people into skeletons with her scream.

Edited by VCRTracking
  • Love 2

Loved Barry and Kara scenes together. Barry and The Flash crossing over was fun. The CW line, the references to the others on Flash or different shows like Arrow. 

I could have done with all the love affair Jimmy/Kara stuff. He is such a pointless character. His whole purpose is this love melodrama, where as Winn actually has plots and helps. 

• Love 3

It was a delicious DC night for me: Lucifer was fun as ever, but Supergirl and The Flash were adorkable, and best of all? Fun! I need Kara to meet the group in Star City. If Oliver is barely listening to anyone else, maybe Kara could give him a check on loss and juggling public and private personas he'd appreciate?

I feel gypped on the kiss between Kara and James, but hopefully there'll be another chance.

I enjoyed Lucy, backed by the guys with guns, getting on the 'uh, we're a secret facility?' If only we'd seen how Kara talked Lucy into admitting Siobhan for testing, I might be a bit more happy.  Also? Who leaves a jail cell(?) where just anyone stalking out in a huff can see and overhear what's going on with a meta or alien captive? I think the Contrivance Fairy has also eluded the crack security staff at the DEO.

Kat? I love you as is, don't change. Much. I flinched when she fingersnapped at Kara. I so wasn't expecting that.

The geeking by the science geeks was fun, especially with  a brotherly, sigh and eyeroll from James. Winn needed to pull back the needling, but James is relatively  more secure in himself.

I know that Silver Banshee looks like that in the comics, but I don't think it works well. It was a wonderfully faithful adaptation, but on a living person, it looked more silly than intimidating, imo.  Did the scene of Siobhan directing Live Wire to the abandoned Warehouse du jour get cut? That part made no sense to me.

I enjoyed the crowd of Average Citizens, as the firemen were the ones that were around when Kara was affected by the Red K. I'm pretty sure the gent who helped Kara to her feet was one of the guys from the roof. (If so, nice continuity catch, Show!)  I liked that the fire department was quick enough to remember what shorts out electricity. The upside was that water wasn't going to hurt any civilians. At first I thought that Barry had found a water main or opened a hydrant.

It was a pretty fun hour!

• Love 4

I can't decide if the line about the CW was a jab or praise. It was....odd. 

Oh wait. It's baiting for sweeps month on the CW.  Sigh. 

Interesting though that CBS is kind of acknowledging the CW's existence at all.

Edited by catrox14

Since Supergirl is from other universe than The Flash and Green Arrow et alii, then there will not be Justice League in Arrowverse?

There will be a Justice League in that universe, we may not see it, but it's been established.  In season 1 Barry was called "Founding member of ..." and then it was cut off.  Legends of Tomorrow had the line "I've seen Men of Steel die, and Dark Knights fall", and also in The Flash there was a newspaper headline from the future that dealt with a merger between Queen Consolidated and Wayne Enterprises.  So they've established that there will be a Justice League in that universe, granted we may not see it.

I loved this episode.  That was just a blast, and dammit, I don't ship, but I want Barry and Kara to get together.  They were so great together.

And it looks like if we do get a season 2, they're setting it up for Winn to transfer to the DEO.  Tonight he was able to get into the DEO twice with no problem, and work with their stuff.  Next season, they'll move him to the DEO.

Thank you to everyone involved with this show for showing what an iconic superhero/superheroine teamup should be, it was fun.

• Love 5

Doesn't CBS own the CW?.  I took it as a friendly jibe.

When Barry said "Let's settle this like women" I thought, over wine and bitchy remarks?

I've thought about what's wrong with Jimmy and part of it is he is too much a supporting character.  Kara likes him and all but he doesn't feel three dimensional with her.  He worked with Lucy since we feel their history and baggage and Cat treats him like someone with a lot of responsibilities but I swear around Kara all he becomes is reactionary or a shoulder to cry on.  I wish they could find a way to give him his own thing that he can do to help. Even Winn has his computer stuff.  All Jimmy (and he has been demoted in my mind to Jimmy) has is his signal watch.  I was really hoping that the one coming to save the day in the park was Jimmy, even if he was just standing there directing the hoses.  (and really, that's all it took to take them out, high pressured water?) 

Remember when that guy attacked Cat's gala and James distracted him while Supergirl recovered?  Where is that James now?

I have to give them credit though for finding Winn's role on the show.  I just wish do that for James now.

I was dying with how the newly feminist Barry wanted to put out Kara's blouse fire but was appropriately horrified at what that would involve and how it might be taken by a stranger. It reminded me of when Earth-1 Barry saw Earth-2 Iris (his doppelganger's wife) undressing and was totally looking away. I love that he didn't sneak a peek or cop a feel. Any other idiot male superhero movie would be playing up that awful angle.

I think that scene was referring to the cross-over episode with Arrow last season when Barry dashed back with Felicity to STAR labs and her shirt caught fire and Barry tried to pat it out, causing embarrassment all around.

• Love 5

Doesn't CBS own the CW?.  I took it as a friendly jibe.

It's a partnership between CBS and WB.  But think this is first time I can remember CBS ever really acknowledging it was a thing. I can see it being a friendly jibe. It was just weird. 

• Love 2

I actually don't hate Kara and Jimmy as a couple, but what I do hate is that EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER IS TRYING TO PUSH THEM TOGETHER.   ENOUGH show.  At least previous episodes tried to be just a tiny bit subtle about it.  I mean Winn, or Lucy, or Cat had like one line of dialogue each trying to convince James/Kara to just go for it already.   REAAAAAAALLLY did not need an entire episode with whole freaking subplots and multiple speeches about it.  Do there writers know nothing about building likable ships?  Also they even made freaking Barry Allen try to push Kara to James.  Seriously?  Barry who could not have acted any more oblivious towards James in the entire episode somehow and having just met the two of them that day somehow decides they belong together?  I call BS.

*takes a deep breath*  Now as far as everything else about this episode...

Soooo much love for the adorkable Kara + Barry pairing and everything about them interacting in this episode other than their fights with the villains.

Almost everything involving the villains though...I think a third grader could have come up with something better/more logical.

Starting at the beginning...

Actually I think things started off fairly well.  While it's humorous that Winn and Kara have brought in yet another person into the Top Secret DEO HQ...it does make sense.  I mean where else would they find the equipment and personel with the capability to analyze a potential alien/meta?   I also like the internal pain the Siobhan is experiencing as it gives me hope that maybe she herself won't willingly become an murderous psycho and the Banshee personality would be separate?

One small negative in this conversation still bugging me 

Wynn: "You were poisoned.  It's not your fault" Kara: "People don't know that"

Again whose fault is that?  If only Kara knew of a major media mogul whose every word the people of the city seemingly dote on so that she could tell her side of the story... Sure there is a chance not everyone would believe it or there would still be some residual fear, but at least she would still be putting the truth out there and giving people an honest chance to make-up their minds instead of just having to guess on their own if Supergirl was acting under her own will?  Third freaking week in a row that this has bugged me...

Siobhan shows up at Catco (in a trance like state) yet again this...seriously I would have sworn Cat has previously threatened to have security remove someone?   Where are these supposed security guards?  Anyways she seems to be going after Cat Grant...which certainly makes sense as although Kara ratted on her, it was Cat that took things a step further and completely blackballed her in the industry, and then sought extra pleasure in humiliating her last episode in her office.   Kara interrupts and gets screamed out the window.  The force of said scream apparently is enough to knock even Supergirl unconscious briefly.  Barry "rescues" her away...and the two converse.  While this is adorable...does this not mean that Kara is leaving an superpowered vengeful Siobhan unattended to at Catco where she was seemingly targeting Cat Grant a moment ago?  Kara seems to have forgotten about this...but don't worry once again so have the writers as no mention is ever made of how Cat got to safety or of how everyone apparently just let Siobhan walk out of the building without anyone bothering to try to arrest her or follow her.

Siobhan meets up with her Aunt who tells her of the family's curse which is triggered when someone wrongs you.  Siobhan really must have been living a charmed life that the first time someone wronged her was in her mid 20s.  Apparently the only way to get rid of the curse is to kill the person who wronged you.  This seems to give Siobhan a slight pause again giving me hope for the character.  She asks what happens if she doesn't kill the person. I feel I need to quote this next part "The power inside you will grow.  Your voice becomes a weapon that you can send anywhere in the world, focused on your target and your scream will decimate them.  But you will also destroy your soul."  Siobhan responds "I would love to kill that little blonde twig who ruined my life" and all my hopes for the character displaying duality and Siobhan not suddenly becoming a cold blooded killer have now been completely dashed.

So remember how a moment ago Siobhan's Aunt said that remotely using her voice as a weapon was a power that would take time and cost Siobhan her soul?  Yeah forget all of that because here we go with her somehow being able to shatter Livewire's cage remotely.  *shakes head*  I mean take a moment to really think about how stupid this.  If Siobhan can really project her voice anywhere and it is strong enough to shatter a cage strong enough to hold the likes of an Kryptonian...could she not just remotely shatter Kara?   How could Supergirl save Kara from that in time?  So she would not really need Livewiere then would she...   Oh but of course Silver Banshee is not going to even try using her powers remotely for the rest of the episode because the Contrivance Fairy said so.

Anyways Livewire escapes the DEO and materializes at an abandoned building that was Seaview Lumber.  Somehow Siobhan knew she would show up there???  Help me out here...  Siobhan has never spoken with Leslie.  Livewire could have travelled absolutely anywhere on the electrical grid...and yet somehow Siobhan knew she would appear at this old Lumber storage facility?  Alright then...

Livewire insists that Siobhan change her look to match the part of villain and makes her look like a bad halloween zombie costume.   Please note that Livewire's supervillain outfit is pretty much just black leather.  No makeup or lightning motif at all.  Not even a black lightning bolt streak painted into her white hair.  Hypocrite...

Barry throws speedforce lightning at Livewire.  My first instinct was to think this was dumb of him...but then you will recall that he equated Livewire with Blackout.  He defeated Blackout by overloading him, and thus it sort of makes sense that he might try the same with someone he viewed as his counterpart.   Of course had he bothered to learn that Leslie was literally living lightning while Blackout was just a human power battery...he probably would have realized this was not a great idea.

Siobhan appears and makes our heroes ears bleed...also possibly causes minor brain damage to them as Kara tries really hard to tell the villains her secret identity with her "Maybe Kara Danvers is tougher than you think" line before she attacks her.   Barry and Kara use their respective wind powers to knock the villains down...which somehow makes Barry decide this is suddenly not a winnable fight?  Say what?!?  As far as they know Siobhan's only power is screaming. Seems like taking her out should be pretty dam easy for a pair of extremely fast people.  Kara also had noticed the sprinkler heads above and was about to drench and short circuit Livewire before Siobhan showed up.   How is this suddenly not a viable strategy when the villains are both down on the ground.  How is this an unwinnable battle...oh because there are still 20 minutes to go in the episode, nevermind.  

Kara apologizes to Barry for not listening to him and rushing off to fight Livewire without a plan.  Please keep this in mind for a little bit later.

Back at Catco and SHOCKINGLY the villain who wanted to kill Cat Grant shows up to kill her.  You really thought the heroes might have been expecting this (especially with how hard Kara tried to convince Cat to leave) and so monitoring things there much closer.  Yet James seems extremely surprised to see Livewire...also for some reason he had to run absurdly close to her before trying to use his signal watch.  The better for her to zap him in the chest...which is enough to seemingly fry his watch and knock him down but yet somehow he is completely unharmed otherwise?  That makes total sense.   Almost as much sense as Wynn taking a POINT BLANK silver banshee scream.  Remember the thing strong enough to knock out Kara and make her ears bleed?  Yeah Winn is conscious and completely unharmed unless his butt cheeks are bruised.

The villains decide to kidnap Cat Grant despite the fact that both want her dead and they had a whole room full of potential hostages including some of Supergirl's friends.  They bring Cat Grant to the middle of a park.  Because I guess they wanted the heroes to have more room to maneuver for the final battle?  Also a really good thing there is no such thing as a police sniper in this universe.  I really have no idea what their plan was here.  They told the heroes their location and made no other demands?  They did not even tell Supergirl to come alone or to bring Kara Danvers.   So what was the actual point of taking Cat hostage?  I guess Leslie realizes at some point that you don't really need a hostage for leverage when you don't actually ask for anything and so considers killing Cat now.  It should also be noted that despite the presence of two supervillains and a hostage in the park the citizens of National City have not evacuated the area and are standing around watching and waiting to become collateral damage in a fight between the heroes and villains.   I mean keep in mind that at this point the citizens supposedly do not even trust Supergirl...so it is not like you can say they would logically trust her to keep her safe when the fighting starts.   These people are just incredibly dumb.

Speaking of dumb...remember how Kara agreed with Barry that they should have had a plan?  Pretty sure that once again they showed up to this fight without a plan.  I mean they stood around until the villains attacked...and then Barry chased after Livewire with no means of stopping her promptly getting fried leaving Kara to fend off both foes.  I would really hate to think there was an actual plan involved there. 

The National City Police decide to fly a helicopter near the action for no discernible reason (there was only a pilot in there watching) prompting Leslie to try to destroy it.  Kara sacrifices herself to save the helicopter.  For some reason this prompts the people on the ground to shout "She saved us".  Which makes no sense as you were neither on the helicopter or even directly under it.  Ah well the large crowd of people too stupid to leave a supervillain battle suddenly become extra brave and willing to die for Supergirl.  Livewire is about to slaughter the whole crowd (despite the fact that moments earlier she was having second thought about even killing Cat and orphaning her kids) when a firetruck that conveniently arrived takes her down.  Silver Banshee stands next to her and just watches instead of I don't know taking a couple steps away from the clearly dangerous short circuiting action. 

Honestly I'm somewhat disappointing that Barry and Kara got their butts handed to them the entire episode...you would think with two such powerful competent heroes that they would have been allowed to have a win in there somewhere.  Although in retrospect I should have known that Barry was going to be useless in the final battle, no one gave him a pep talk or told him to run faster before or during it so he was clearly doomed to fail.

"Thanks to Barry the National City Police Department has a way to lock-up metahumans.  And like you taught Supergirl our enemies deserve a fair trial."  
*head explodes*  There are just so many things wrong/hypocritical about these two lines it is not even funny.

Edited by Xenith22
  • Love 7

I actually don't hate Kara and Jimmy as a couple, but what I do hate is that EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER IS TRYING TO PUSH THEM TOGETHER.   ENOUGH show.  At least previous episodes tried to be just a tiny bit subtle about it.  I mean Winn, or Lucy, or Cat had like one line of dialogue each trying to convince James/Kara to just go for it already.   REAAAAAAALLLY did not need an entire episode with whole freaking subplots and multiple speeches about it.  Do there writers know nothing about building likable ships?  Also they even made freaking Barry Allen try to push Kara to James.  Seriously?  Barry who could not have acted any more oblivious towards James in the entire episode somehow and having just met the two of them that day somehow decides they belong together?  I call BS.

*takes a deep breath*  Now as far as everything else about this episode...

Soooo much love for the adorkable Kara + Barry pairing and everything about them interacting in this episode other than their fights with the villains.

Almost everything involving the villains though...I think a third grader could have come up with something better/more logical.

I couldn't agree more. It's like you pulled this directly from my brain. lol

Especially the part about ALL THE CHARACTERS on the show suddenly hard core shipping James and Kara??!! 

Tbh I feel kind of cheated as a fan because I thought I was getting this epic crossover with Flash and Supergirl taking out the villains...but really is was just an entire episode plugging for James/Kara to get together, and they used Barry and the crossover to help ensure it happened. IMO it was a strange choice of plot when you think about ALLLLL they could have chosen to do for a crossover episode. 

• Love 4
I stopped watching Supergirl after the first few eps, but I'm so glad I watched the crossover. I hope Kara visits Central City soon.

Me too.  As a regular viewer of the CW-Earth based shows, I will say that it was nice to see The Flash on a show with big boy network production values.  Different locations as well - I believe that was a completely different warehouse than the old standby up in Vancouver.  Overall, I don't know if I'll be watching more Supergirl based off this show (I like Melissa and Mehcad in their roles - but based on the few episodes I've seen, I haven't found the overall story very compelling).  For one night though, it was an enjoyable diversion from Legends/Arrow/Flash.

Edit - it also would've been better if they could've made this match up better with the Flash storyline - the chest doohickey felt kind of spoilery.  I guess I get to look forward to seeing how this all fits in.

Otherwise, I find it amusing that the following things are real on their respective Earths, but likely not the other:

CW: Magic, Mirakuru, Lazarus Pits

CBS: Aliens, Banshees (and their Curses)

Edited by Chyromaniac

This episode was so much fun. Maybe it's because of my ridiculous Flash fangirling, but Barry really does make everything better. He had such great friendship chemistry with Kara, and loved how there wasn't any romantic vibe between them. Too bad James got crazy jealous- he needs more to do than just pine after Kara. Mehcad is wasted here.

I also feel cheated at the Kara/James kiss since he's not going to remember it. Just get them together damn it!

I hope we get some scenes of Winn feeling bad that he didn't save Siobhan. One line isn't going to cut it, especially since he finally had a life outside of worshiping Kara.

Those cupcakes looked amazing. I want one now.

Edited by twoods
  • Love 1