Type keyword(s) to search

Erika Girardi/Erika Jayne: Let them eat cake

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, charliesan said:

Agree, at the same time though, if you're not going to speak then don't say anything else about the matter, she could've said "I can't talk about an ongoing lawsuit so please respect my privacy", but I guess she was at a Catch-22 because then I hardly doubt producers would've kept her on this season, at least as a main cast member anyway. I don't have a problem with not addressing the victims because of your reason, but then don't turn around and bitch about living in a "small house", not having a staff and produce sci-fi storylines about your marriage and divorce.

I don't know how much she gets payed for doing the show but no way can she afford that house with that salary, and now it's pretty clear that whatever she had going on in her "singing" career was a complete sham, hell, I bet even LuAnn was making more money doing Cabaret.

It was a very thin line of what how she wanted to come off, and she failed miserably on every aspect, level, layer imaginable.  

I agree as a moral human re: her complaints  and overall lack of humility  

I do find it interesting that everything she has shared seems to directly follow her narrative and defenses. She doesn’t confirm or deny the scheme, she simply repeats as nauseam that she had no information about or access to the finances and tells stories creating valid reasons for her divorce. It all seems very lawyer-approved to me. (Although if she was my client I would want her off the show ASAP…but again, how would she pay me? They are working within the constraints they have.) She has not gone so far as to say she has no knowledge of the doings of her LLC, so it will be interesting to see how next week goes.  

• Love 9

Well, well, well the shit just keeps getting worse.

On reality blurb there is information regarding the La Quinta house (pictures as well).

It went on the market in June of this year as part of the bankruptcy proceedings and is owned by Girardi and the aviation company that "leased" him the two planes (Girardi never owned the two planes Erika boasted about) for a hefty price annually.

Edited by mbaywife123
A d looks a lot like a b if I don't have on my peepers!
  • Useful 6
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
On 8/17/2021 at 10:45 PM, Door County Cherry said:

Nowhere in my post did I argue that she'd get to keep everything.  

What I'm pushing back on is this notion that anyone decent (i.e. most people) would voluntarily give everything over to the victims--their house, their clothes, their jewelry, their cars.  

To that I say posh! No most people would not.

I agree that most people would not hand over money and would want a court to settle it  but an honest and  decent human being would IMO cooperate when asked to provide documents  and she did not.  I believe she has the money saved and did not spend all of it and plans to keep it.   I could be wrong.   I'm open to that. 

• Love 19

Has anyone seen how much Tom/Girardi Keese owes in total? And is Erika only on the hook for the $20 odd million EJ Global was loaned? I'm assuming their giant house was bought way back before things started going criminal, so if it's sold, could Erika use profits from that to pay off anything she's found liable to owe? I imagine all of this will take years to unfold, but I'm trying to figure out what she could possibly keep and what she would owe. I'm bored on a Friday, lol.

• Love 4

After seeing the inside of the house decorated in "Early Funeral Home" I cannot believe anyone would spend that much on it, other than to tear it down. But being in the middle of a real estate boom, maybe someone will buy to tear it down. Maybe toss holy water and salt on the ground after.

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, emma675 said:

Has anyone seen how much Tom/Girardi Keese owes in total? And is Erika only on the hook for the $20 odd million EJ Global was loaned? I'm assuming their giant house was bought way back before things started going criminal, so if it's sold, could Erika use profits from that to pay off anything she's found liable to owe? I imagine all of this will take years to unfold, but I'm trying to figure out what she could possibly keep and what she would owe. I'm bored on a Friday, lol.

I'm pretty sure it was Tom's house before he married Erika. So, she sees none of those proceeds; they would go directly to the victims.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Useful 3
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I'm pretty sure it was Tom's house before he married Erika. So, she sees none of those proceeds; they would go directly to the victims.

Tom bought the house in 1980 when he was married to his first wife. I stumbled upon an article about the extensive refurbishing of the home when Erika married him in 2000 or thereabouts. It looks like it hasn't been touched since then since I could recognize some of the furniture 🤣🤣

Here is a wonderfully snarky article about the Malibu house they sold 

https://www.dirt.com/entertainers/reality-tv/2016512real-housewives-of-malibu-the-house-erika-girardi-sold-pasadena-945/

FWIW I saw the listing for the La Quinta home which is currently on the market for $1,750,000. It is a fairly modest home - nothing like Kyle's current home. Probably more like Kyle's original Palm Springs home

Joan Behnke, designer Erika hired still has the Los Altos Pasadena property on her website

http://joanbehnke.com/#gallery-residential-br-los-altos-residence-pasadena-ca

And here is a fabulous article on the actual remodeling process when Erika was just plain Mrs. Girardi - the article was published in 2007 which is just before she started her Erika Jayne vanity project

http://joanbehnke.com/wp-content/files_mf/robbreportluxuryhomejanfeb2007.pdf

Edited by amarante
  • Useful 7
  • Love 5

Seems like Erika has long been a terrible liar, lying about things that don't matter as well as things that do:  

From one of the links @amarante posted above:

Although Mrs. Girardi has stated on the TV that the house is 17,000 square feet and sits on 5 acres of land, property records show something different. According to Yolanda’s research, the house is 10,277 square feet on two parcels of land that together total approximately 2 acres.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
40 minutes ago, amarante said:

Tom bought the house in 1980 when he was married to his first wife. I stumbled upon an article about the extensive refurbishing of the home when Erika married him in 2000 or thereabouts. It looks like it hasn't been touched since then since I could recognize some of the furniture 🤣🤣

Interesting, according to the website, that was a six year renovation by Behnke who was hired by Erika.   I'm kinda of surprised.  That house doesn't scream Old Hollywood to me as much as just  Old and Dark. All that original mahogany etc.  Doesn't seem like Erika but maybe she had different tastes 20 years ago. 

I kind of prefer Kyle's design asthetic (minus the hot pink neon and morally corrupt Faye Resnick. haha.) 

Thanks for the links @amarante!  It really details the place.

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

Interesting, according to the website, that was a six year renovation by Behnke who was hired by Erika.   I'm kinda of surprised.  That house doesn't scream Old Hollywood to me as much as just  Old and Dark.  All that original mahogany etc.  Doesn't seem like Erika but maybe she had different tastes 20 years ago. 

That is a house that her Mrs. Girardi persona lived in. 

It is almost a caricature of Pasadena old money. I find it very ugly although I appreciate old homes but this one is ugly. The grounds are magnificent though.

interestingly, Pasadena has the mother lode of classic Arts & Crafts homes that were built by the wealthy young taste makers since that style was conceived as an oppositional design to the ornate homes that had been in vogue in the 19th century.

The Gamble House was built  at the turn of the century by one of the Gamble heirs of Proctor and Gamble wealth who built it as their winter residence, it was designed by Greene and Greene and is absolutely fabulous. Worth a tour if you are ever in Pasadena. 

https://gamblehouse.org

• Useful 4
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

Interesting, according to the website, that was a six year renovation by Behnke who was hired by Erika.   I'm kinda of surprised.  That house doesn't scream Old Hollywood to me as much as just  Old and Dark. All that original mahogany etc.  Doesn't seem like Erika but maybe she had different tastes 20 years ago. 

I kind of prefer Kyle's design asthetic (minus the hot pink neon and morally corrupt Faye Resnick. haha.) 

Thanks for the links @amarante!  It really details the place.

I think it fits Erika perfectly. Overdone and zero sense if style. 

11 hours ago, amarante said:

Here is a wonderfully snarky article about the Malibu house they sold 

https://www.dirt.com/entertainers/reality-tv/2016512real-housewives-of-malibu-the-house-erika-girardi-sold-pasadena-945/

FWIW I saw the listing for the La Quinta home which is currently on the market for $1,750,000. It is a fairly modest home - nothing like Kyle's current home. Probably more like Kyle's original Palm Springs home

Joan Behnke, designer Erika hired still has the Los Altos Pasadena property on her website

http://joanbehnke.com/#gallery-residential-br-los-altos-residence-pasadena-ca

And here is a fabulous article on the actual remodeling process when Erika was just plain Mrs. Girardi - the article was published in 2007 which is just before she started her Erika Jayne vanity project

http://joanbehnke.com/wp-content/files_mf/robbreportluxuryhomejanfeb2007.pdf

So, he added her to title and she handled the sale. Doesn't sound like some "in the dark" housewife kept away from the books. Sounds like someone treated like a full partner. Erika is such a liar 

5 minutes ago, chlban said:

Edited by chlban
  • Love 16

I have a question for you amazing posters on how things are regarding the following:

If Tom or Erika donated monies to non-profits, campaigns, ect. , would those be subject to returning those monies or is there some type of "hold harmless" to said innocent third parties?

• Useful 4
1 hour ago, mbaywife123 said:

I have a question for you amazing posters on how things are regarding the following:

If Tom or Erika donated monies to non-profits, campaigns, ect. , would those be subject to returning those monies or is there some type of "hold harmless" to said innocent third parties?

All of this stuff is very fact specific. 

However in other cases of Ponzi schemes or other amounts unlawfully obtained, charities have been forced to return the donations. 

There is an element of equity involved in claw backs so it would probably be unlikely that someone who performed services and was paid by a fraudster would have to repay their salary. On the other hand if I purchase a stolen car or someone buys something with counterfeit bills, I am shit out of luck. I would have recourse against the person who sold me the car but you can’t get blood from a turnip. 

Further to the Erika saga, the LA Times reporters were interviewed on a podcast and they had some interesting insights regarding Erika’s knowledge of Tom’s financial issues as she was subpoenaed in November 2020 just before her filing for the fake divorce and it was in connection with Tom’s testimony in November that he admitted all his money was gone. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 8
On 8/1/2021 at 1:46 AM, Jextella said:

So, I'm wondering if some of the legal folks on this forum could weigh in on this.

I understand the logic of this law - victims need to get paid, but it also strikes me as unfair to the unwitting party accepting crooked money.

It's looking like Erika is going to be as poor as a church mouse when all is said and done.

Think of it this way - how many times have you heard of people being prosecuted for accepting stolen goods? Same concept.

If someone was driving around in my stolen car, I would want it back. Auctioning Erika’s things to recoup some money is fair. She should be thankful to have received the benefit of that stolen money over all these years. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, mbaywife123 said:

amarante,

Thank You for your response to my query.

I was hoping you would give a response as you appear VERY knowledgeable in these matters.

I am not sure how to take your stating that I am very knowledgeable in these matters. 🤣🤣🤣🥷🥷🥷

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
41 minutes ago, amarante said:

I am not sure how to take your stating that I am very knowledgeable in these matters. 🤣🤣🤣🥷🥷🥷

Nothing tawdry.

Only positive about your knowledge/comprehension about matters at hand in general.

Sorry if I offended you in any way as that was not my intent.

Edited by mbaywife123
  • Love 4

All of this legal stuff is fascinating to me. I hope that all of the injured and damaged parties are compensated and made whole. However no loss of life can ever be made whole no matter the dollar amount as there really is no dollar amount for a human life.

Edited by mbaywife123
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, amarante said:

All of this stuff is very fact specific. 

However in other cases of Ponzi schemes or other amounts unlawfully obtained, charities have been forced to return the donations. 

There is an element of equity involved in claw backs so it would probably be unlikely that someone who performed services and was paid by a fraudster would have to repay their salary. On the other hand if I purchase a stolen car or someone buys something with counterfeit bills, I am shit out of luck. I would have recourse against the person who sold me the car but you can’t get blood from a turnip. 

Further to the Erika saga, the LA Times reporters were interviewed on a podcast and they had some interesting insights regarding Erika’s knowledge of Tom’s financial issues as she was subpoenaed in November 2020 just before her filing for the fake divorce and it was in connection with Tom’s testimony in November that he admitted all his money was gone. 

Ok I understand this, but would they sort of put that bill on Erika and make her responsible for repaying those amounts she donated (if where it went can't afford to repay) or staff she paid etc, since she was the one who was spending ill gotten gains? I'm hoping she will have to cough it all up and not get out of anything by using the bankruptcy or anything. 

It sounds like she had the LLC in order to do whatever she wanted and to not be held accountable, as she thought it was a shield against being personally liable for anything ever. Claim bankruptcy and it all goes away.

Wasn't it reported that she ignored a couple/few subpoenas? CAN one just ignore them without penalty? I've always believed that was big trouble.

• Useful 1

Re. Tom and Erika’s tacky and dark mausoleum…

At one point when Erika first joined the cast, she showed off her “chapel” she had designed.  I believe she said she had worked on that project, and it was not part of Mrs. Girardi #1 or #2’s design.

The article posted above mentions Erika was involved in a 6 year long renovation.

In the current season, when Erika was spinning her tale of woe and saying how mean and controlling Tom was, I swear I heard her say: a) he was a controlling SOB throughout their marriage, b) she wasn’t allowed to change anything, that she moved into the house the previous wives vacated.  

Re. Tom’s 2017 12 hr coma inducing cliff diving car accident and his resulting “diminished capacity”…apparently there is NO record with any hospital or police dpt of this accident.  If it was as bad as Erika is claiming in 2020…multiple broken bones, concussion, head trauma, blackout…wouldn’t he have had to receive professional medical attention?  Wouldn’t “The Firm” notice he was in a cast or limping or even missing from the office that Erika supposedly drove him to daily?? 

To quote the Thompson Twins- 

Lies lies lies yeah (They're gonna get you)

Lies lies lies yeah (They won't forget you)

Lies lies lies yeah (They're gonna get you)

Lies lies lies yeah

Edited by BusyOctober
Forgot to mention another of Erika’s bald face lies
  • Love 16
On 8/15/2021 at 12:47 PM, chewycandy said:

No, she never wore them IRL, just reposted that drawing of her wearing them. 

Do you mean Ericka Girardi “just reposted that drawing” - or someone other than her posted a drawing of Ericka Girardi wearing “widows” and “orphans” earrings? I thought I saw an actual photo of her wearing them. 

• Love 1
21 hours ago, chlban said:

So now victim Erika wants us to believe she is getting death threats. I bet if anyone else bothered to trace these "threats" they are coming from Erika's camp to make people feel sorry for her.

I'd be shocked if she hasn't had threats of violence up to and including death.  I mean, utterly shocked.  I'm sure she does want to play them for sympathy, but I don't doubt people are sending messages that are completely vile.  Go over to Candiace's thread on Potomac and see the vitriol sent her way, and she's certainly never been accused of anything on the level of Erika.

2 hours ago, Prism said:

Do you mean Ericka Girardi “just reposted that drawing” - or someone other than her posted a drawing of Ericka Girardi wearing “widows” and “orphans” earrings? I thought I saw an actual photo of her wearing them. 

To my knowledge, there is only the hand drawn picture someone made, that she reposted.  I have not seen a picture of any real earrings, or her wearing them.

• Love 10
34 minutes ago, lasu said:

I'd be shocked if she hasn't had threats of violence up to and including death.  I mean, utterly shocked.  I'm sure she does want to play them for sympathy, but I don't doubt people are sending messages that are completely vile. 

Agreed. Rinna is claiming she got death threats, too, and I'm inclined to believe it. People feel like they can say anything on social media and get away with it. I don't get it, you can't get anything out of a dead person and I would think people would want to see Erika (and everyone else who helped) pay for it live and in person.

• Love 9

It has been reported that Tom has been moved into a swanky assisted living facility. I am actually familiar with it because my father was in a nice facility in Los Angeles but Belmont Village, which I believe is a national chain, is top of the line. 

I want to know where he is getting the money for that level of luxury. Based on my knowledge of costs, ot is probably at least $7000 per month. Probably more just for standard and since he is claiming he has AZ the orice for the memory care section is even higher. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, amarante said:

It has been reported that Tom has been moved into a swanky assisted living facility. I am actually familiar with it because my father was in a nice facility in Los Angeles but Belmont Village, which I believe is a national chain, is top of the line. 

I want to know where he is getting the money for that level of luxury. Based on my knowledge of costs, ot is probably at least $7000 per month. Probably more just for standard and since he is claiming he has AZ the orice for the memory care section is even higher. 

I just read that too, also wondering where he gets the funding, those places are not cheap would bet even more than seven grand a month.

• Love 8

It's about time if he's as bad off as his legal team claim. I listened to an Emily Baker video and she was reading from court documents where they said Tom lived alone with his daughter bringing over dinner. It didn't make sense to me that he needed a conservatorship but was taking care of himself in daily life.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, amarante said:

It has been reported that Tom has been moved into a swanky assisted living facility.

Now that it's vacant, maybe Erika can move out of the $1.5M shanty she's renting and  back into the Pasadena Mausoleum.  

• LOL 5
31 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

It's possible Tom's family are paying for his new residence. Also, he may have long-term care insurance.

I doubt whether someone who was thought the law would ever catch up to him and collapse his financial house of cards actually bought long term health insurance. It would be out of character. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Polliwollidoodle said:

Obviously I am just about clueless with regards to Insta. ( I did try). When I click on the link it only shows a tease of a question mark and blind item. Can someone help an old lady out here? most appreciative.

Swipe left … 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 8/20/2021 at 5:43 PM, tranquilidade said:

I just do not understand how anyone, how any human being with any sense at all, could justify spending $20+ million on themselves to promote a career.  Clearly her talent was not enough to achieve it alone  and paying off people to make it happen was the strategy to getting fame. What a disgusting person. Money that  should have helped vulnerable and hurt human beings was pissed away on ego and vanity.  Thank you for listening.  *shaking head*

Narcissism, callousness, and selfishness. I want to see her left with nothing. Not. One. Penny.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

If this is true, I'm not surprised one bit. Just wonder what took her so long?

My question is, when a guy meets Erika and knows the controversy that surrounds her that is in no way close to being over and my end with her serving time in some way seems like a lot to ask of a new relationship, why is that attractive to someone?  

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

My question is, when a guy meets Erika and knows the controversy that surrounds her that is in no way close to being over and my end with her serving time in some way seems like a lot to ask of a new relationship, why is that attractive to someone?  

Fame

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

What did Erika Jayne do with the money? The lavish US$25 million splurges of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star revealed, following the fraud and embezzlement scandal
From the moment that Erika Jayne joined the cast of the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, audiences of the popular reality TV series became witnesses to her opulent and extravagant lifestyle. It was a glittery display of designer clothes, jewellery with…

Read in South China Morning Post: https://apple.news/A8CehBWt2Tbm07oW2EQ5RBg

What gets me the most was how she was practically crying financial abuse of Tom toward her with what she “only had credit cards.” With like $10 million paid out to the various vendors supporting her “career”—or trying to make her look good for her “career”—another $14.3 Million on just “incidentals”—shopping, lunch with the girls, perhaps—all billed to her company.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Polliwollidoodle said:

Obviously I am just about clueless with regards to Insta. ( I did try). When I click on the link it only shows a tease of a question mark and blind item. Can someone help an old lady out here? most appreciative.

Yeah, doesn't work for me either, but from the posts here I am guessing she has a new wallet.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Pop Tart said:

Saw this today and one of the guesses as to the guy is film producer Jon Peters.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CS7yjWiva79/?utm_medium=copy_link

Another 76 year old I see. Seems like he has a type. Just a quick google search turned up nothing but Barbi types, with the exception of Barbra Streisand. He was married to Pam Anderson for less than 2 weeks.  If true, Erika fits the bill. He is allegedly worth several hundred million. 

She lives in an expensive rental and still has assistants and household help. She was photographed last month boarding a private jet so I assumed she was able to land another sugar daddy. I knew she would be back on her back in no time.

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 8
47 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

31 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Fame

Jon Peters (if the blind item is true) is famous on his own.  Besides a successful career in film, he was in a high profile relationship for years with Barbra Streisand.  I can understand why Erika would go for him.  He's wealthy and in his late seventies.  Why he would be interested in her?  I don't think I want to know. 🤮

• LOL 4
  • Love 3