Type keyword(s) to search

Erika Girardi/Erika Jayne: Let them eat cake

• Start Topic

On 8/3/2021 at 3:32 PM, gingerella said:

I'm confused as to why this lawyer is posting publicly all this stuff about her case. It seems shady AF to me to do that. Wouldn't you just put your head down and gather all the info, witnesses, and evidence you could but not blast it all over the internet? It seems almost illegal to do that and if I was a judge I'd be none too pleased about his actions. I mean, people need to be held accountable for this debacle, but this seems off to me.

The attorney, Ronald Richards, has a history with Bravo.  He appeared on a few episodes of Million Dollar Listing LA early on when Chad was on the show. 

https://la.curbed.com/2008/8/13/10562584/million-dollar-listing-recapped-ep-2-thats-what-ron-richards-wants

He was Russell Armstrong's attorney at one point (Taylor's husband from the early years of RHBH).

https://radaronline.com/p/erika-jayne-trashes-ronald-richards-taylor-armstrong-russell-death-embezzlement/

IMO, the man is in it primarily for the publicity and fame.

I guess I'm ok with it for now, because he calls out relevant players, including the California State Bar, but it does seem off to me as well.

In the Twitter post below, "Eli". Whoever that person is listened to a podcast he was on and comments below.

Edited by Jextella
  • Useful 5

A few years ago (2017 I think), there was a segment with Erika and her mother in which she talks about how her mother was tough on her and treated her like an adult when she was growing up. She had to deal with the people she auditioned for directly and she was  made her go to the bank to deposit any money she made. 

The scene below doesn't show what I'm referring to, but it was in the same larger segment if I recall correctly.

https://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/erika-girardi-mother-relationship

Erika's narrative thus far has consisted of two things - Tom's lack of ability and her lack of knowledge.  As of now, I'm leaning toward the idea she and Tom quickly created a strategy (divorce, alzheimers and/or brain damage from accident) and a script for Erika's use when filming.

There was a podcast with Jay Edelson, one of the attorney's working Tom's case. He said he feels strongly Erika is the smarter of the two because of how much she got him to bankroll her.  Jay's comments are at the 12:00 mark or so. https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/ep-367-attorney-jay-edelson-on-girardi-case-kent-weed/id1154758766?i=1000525705039

At around 18:30, Jay talks about how he thinks Erika was knee deep in the fraud and that Tom was loaning her company millions.  

Whether or not Erika is on Tom's paper trail is tbd. Innocent until proven guilty, I suppose, but it's all just very hard to swallow.  

I continue to be amazed at what a poor job Erika is doing handling all this on camera and on social media.  She is really digging her own grave.

Edited by Jextella
  • Useful 2
  • Love 11
24 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Those of you who watch other cities, is there another housewife who gets as aggressive as Erika?

tumblr_ooa3pfWuCn1vrjwbvo1_500.gifv

tumblr_on8a27zJSS1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=16034769

EnragedQuarrelsomeHatchetfish-max-1mb.gi

giphy.gif

Erika is more of a clown than Sonja...by miles.

(I'm cranky this week)

• LOL 8
  • Love 3

Interesting...

https://pagesix.com/2021/08/05/erika-jayne-feels-bravo-pulled-a-fast-one-with-garcelle-spat/

From the article:

Jayne’s upset and anger toward Garcelle Beauvis on Wednesday’s episode of “The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills” was actually directed at production, an insider exclusively told Page Six.

While Jayne, 50, accused Beauvais, 54, of “betraying” her friendship by revealing that Tom Girardi still called her amid their divorce in a scene with all of their castmates, we’re told that Jayne felt she was actually “betrayed” by producers and the network.

“They cut it and paste it in a way to make it look like she was upset, but she was actually mad that Garcelle was told what to say three times and she took the bait,” the insider revealed. “They had three different conversations about the same subject.”

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
On 8/2/2021 at 7:29 PM, nexxie said:

image.jpg

Oh, damn. That is truly, truly sad. He’s probably not going to be around for too much longer. No matter how you may feel, seeing someone in such physical decline as this is hard. If the man can’t defend himself — which looks likely — she needs to STFU about him and let the lawyers handle it.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

Those of you who watch other cities, is there another housewife who gets as aggressive as Erika?

tumblr_ooa3pfWuCn1vrjwbvo1_500.gifv

tumblr_on8a27zJSS1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=16034769

EnragedQuarrelsomeHatchetfish-max-1mb.gi

giphy.gif

I’ve only really watched the OC for the longest, and only the past couple seasons of NY. The closest thing I can think of is Tamra yelling at the reunion (I forget at who — Vicki?) “That’s just my OPI-I-I-INION!!!” And her tossing the drink in Jeana’s face then throwing the glass. She had a temper, but it didn’t seem to come out of nowhere like Erika’s.

Erika’s outbursts at Eileen and Teddi were scary, IMHO. The Hong Kong dinner still makes me cringe. Eileen, although maybe a poor choice of words, meant nothing against Erika.

I think if she feels insecure, she goes for the jugular. (Because maybe because at the end of the day she knows she’s a poseur?)

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Jextella said:

Erika is more of a clown than Sonja...by miles.

(I'm cranky this week)

With Sonja, it’s the alcohol talking. She’s either a happy drunk or mean drunk. Erika just gets triggered for no apparent, good reason. If I had to choose which loose cannon I wanted to be around, it’d be Sonja.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

Monique attacked Candiace on RH of Potomac.

That was truly scary because the producers had to physically restrain her and then she escaped from a side door and went racing across the lawn screaming that she was going to get Candiace.

Nene on Atlanta attacked a camera man who was attempting to restrain her. She was angry because they wanted to film in her closet. 

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, amarante said:

That was truly scary because the producers had to physically restrain her and then she escaped from a side door and went racing across the lawn screaming that she was going to get Candiace.

Nene on Atlanta attacked a camera man who was attempting to restrain her. She was angry because they wanted to film in her closet. 

Porche attached that Gone with the Wind Fabulous chick on Atlanta, Sonja just jacked up a fire extinguisher, and Dorinda was as vicious verbally as Erika on last season on NY

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
35 minutes ago, WaltersHair said:

Porche attached that Gone with the Wind Fabulous chick on Atlanta, Sonja just jacked up a fire extinguisher, and Dorinda was as vicious verbally as Erika on last season on NY

Right. I had blocked her out. Her drunken spewing was so bad she was fired. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

I think that when they show flashbacks, they need to show the scene early in Season 10 when Erika brings her Actors Equity contract for Chicago to Tom. This was in 2019, obviously. She says that one copy is for her lawyer — “that would be you.”  Even if he was not the attorney who officially reviewed it, I’m sure he had a hand in it and gave his approval. He is professionally dressed in this scene — looking at papers, and totally able to carry on an intelligent conversation. He says his schedule is cleared to come to NYC every other week.

Erika then gets all teary (and it’s genuine compared to what we’re seeing now) and says that more than financial support, emotional support means more to her. There is genuine affection between those two in that scene, as if she’s realizing that none of this probably would have happened without Tom.

So…Tom has been on the decline or out of it, cheating, and emotionally abusive for years? To me this puts the lie to what she’s now saying.

This has been nagging at me so I went to Peacock and found it. It’s in episode 2.

I remember it well. I have thought for a while that there was genuine affection between them. Not romance, but there are all kinds of love. Not that these witches would get it, but I have girlfriends I love, and I love my ex, although not romantically. I was surprised by the Divorce, but then, of course, it all made sense. Erika is always going to look out for Erika first.

• Love 8
On 8/5/2021 at 5:43 PM, nexxie said:

“They cut it and paste it in a way to make it look like she was upset, but she was actually mad that Garcelle was told what to say three times and she took the bait,” the insider revealed. “They had three different conversations about the same subject.”

She can cry all she wants, but it doesn't matter how many conversations they had about the same subject if those conversations completely contradict other conversations she had.

• Love 12
29 minutes ago, princelina said:

it doesn't matter how many conversations they had about the same subject if those conversations

Seriously repeated conversations about a topic is the main component of this show and Erika has frequently been the one to continue to bring those subjects up when it impacted other people so she can miss me with this nonsense.

• Love 9

Leanne from Dallas, Nene from Atlanta, Brandi from BH, Teresa from NJ, Vicki from OC...

Edited by Hiyo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
46 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

Leanne from Dallas, Nene from Atlanta, Brandi from BH, Teresa from NJ, Vicki from OC...

I do watch Dallas, so LeeAnne was the first person I thought of as far as someone aggressive from another city. I actually had a soft spot for her until her last season. She gave me this vibe that if you were good to her, she'd be loyal to you. It might be because she reminds me of someone I know. 

BH Brandi is one of the worst because she's not only aggressive, she's vindictive. 

I've heard of Teresa's table flip. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I mean if subpoenaed they have no freaking choice, so this is just clickbait by The Sun.

Yes but it gives great joy to my black shriveled heart to know that Erika Jayne feels the walls circling in in her. Schadenfreude is such a wonderful feeling when I have no guilt because the person in question is utterly vile like Erika. 

I would love to be a fly in the wall when her attorneys are discussing how to deal with the pretty mess she has made by spending the last four years in the spotlight lying and contradicting. 

• Love 17

I am totally bored with Girardigate. I only watch RhoNY, RHoOC and this franchise, so am not familiar (though have heard of course through media) with shows that have been hijacked by the legal issues of a spouse, or spouse and HW. At least to this degree. And honestly I don't find them entertaining whatsoever. At this point I would rather see Sutton and Crystal snipping at each other, though it was nice to see them getting along and even sitting beside each other at Erika's dinner.

I am enjoying Kathy's antics (though I think much is an act, she is entertaining). I enjoy scenes where the ladies are getting along and having fun. Whatever Erika may be lying about or not lying about, I really don't care. I watch this show to be entertained, and at the moment that is not happening. Heck RHoNY was more entertaining this week, and it has been a sh**t show so far this season. I have sympathy for what appears to be many victims of Tom. But I watch this show as an escape from reality (at the moment large parts of my province burning down around us) and this isn't doing it for me. 

• Love 7
On 8/5/2021 at 2:18 PM, RealHousewife said:

While it's true that DUHrinda was very aggressive and nasty as shit, BUT it was always when she was drunk because she's a drunkard and a mean one at that. Erika is aggressive and vicious when she's sober so yeah, Erika is a nasty piece of work.

With Sonja, it’s the alcohol talking. She’s either a happy drunk or mean drunk.

Yes but I never find Sonja a mean drunk, she's mostly sloppy AF and half the time I think she's pulling shit out of ass so she'll continue to 'earn' her place on the show, without which she has no income AFAIK. She comes across as pathetic and silly, but not mean in the way that DUDrinda was or how Erika is.

Edited by gingerella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
57 minutes ago, gingerella said:

While it's true that DUHrinda was very aggressive and nasty as shit, BUT it was always when she was drunk because she's a drunkard and a mean one at that. Erika is aggressive and vicious when she's sober so yeah, Erika is a nasty piece of work.

Yes but I never find Sonja a mean drunk, she's mostly sloppy AF and half the time I think she's pulling shit out of ass so she'll continue to 'earn' her place on the show, without which she has no income AFAIK. She comes across as pathetic and silly, but not mean in the way that DUDrinda was or how Erika is.

True. “Sloppy” is more accurate than “mean”, but she can get wound up. And I’d forgotten all about Dorinda. She could get downright cruel. Erika just goes for the quick kill.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Erika's contradictions are so obvious that I'm starting to wonder if there is strategy behind them....kind of like money trails that go in a zillion different directions to make them hard to track. If Erika is contradicting herself, we don't know which story to believe.

I also think that she is showing us the material possessions on camera that the lawyers are going to find anyway.  She can then  say things like "Woe is me, look at what I'm losing" and "Would a guilty person put all his/her wordly possessions on tv?"

I can't help but think that she's showing us the obvious to divert attention away from the less obvious. She has to have money, etc. stashed safely away somewhere.

Edited by Jextella
  • Useful 7
  • Love 4

I’m speculating that Erika’s mother was verbally abusive.* And perhaps her grandmother coddled her to compensate for it, and because she pitied Erika since her father abandoned her. 
So this arrested her development.

She learned no coping skills, other than shutting down.

When anyone triggers her, that is, she perceives any kind of opposition or a failure to support her unconditionally, it enrages her and blinds her to reality.

ETA: * It would not surprise me to learn the mother often told Erika, “You’re the reason he left. Everything was fine before you were born.”

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3

Jen Shah from SLC is pretty nasty and can go from 0 to 1000 in a split second and it was both drunk and sober. Also, she and Erika have a lot in common now. /hee!

I would pay good money for an Erika pile-on of Jen, Leanne, Dorinda and Bethenny. I don't watch any of the other HW franchises, so I can't recommend any others, but I am sure there are plenty.

Re: The many personalities of Ton Girardi ... well, he's a Gemini (June 3)! (I will show myself out to avoid wrath from all of the May-June posters!) 😉

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

Moving from the episode thread.

Did Erika say that, his lawyers, a hospital, a doctor?

Erika has talked aboutit on the show, his lawyers, a doctor, his brother who is now his conservator and a court that have approved his conservativeship have all said he has dementia or a “major neurocognitive disorder” which is the reason for conservatoeship.

• Useful 3
6 hours ago, amarante said:

There is a great thread on Reddit which compiles ALL of her inconsistent statements from all sources - not just the show.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BravoRealHousewives/comments/oya63a/a_compilation_of_erikas_contradictions/

Just looked at that. Wow. None of us by ourselves can keep all this crap straight — but a bunch of us? Erika can run, as they say, but she can’t hide. I’ll be checking in on that thread often. Thanks for the tip.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

Just looked at that. Wow. None of us by ourselves can keep all this crap straight — but a bunch of us? Erika can run, as they say, but she can’t hide. I’ll be checking in on that thread often. Thanks for the tip.

It's nice to see that it appears the vast majority of viewers are simply not buying Erika's lies. She really needs to STFU, but she won't. Not going to lie, watching the Ice Queen take herself down, after acting so damn superior for so long is damn rewarding. 

Edited by chlban
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

It is almost impossible to keep track of all of her lies but I would imagine the attorneys for the creditors have it all in a computerized database. 

It is understandable that Erika can't keep her stories straight. As I posted, I am an aficionado of true crime television and the police always say that someone who is lying will find it impossible to not slip up because if you are telling the truth, you don't have to remember your lies - you just have to tell the truth.

Erika certainly knew of what was going on just based on her public actions. I got this very well written synopsis of the first of the lawsuits that started bringing down the Girardi Ponzi scheme. For those who don't understand, for a long time Tom was probably able to run a classic Ponzi scheme by using money from new clients to pay off money he had embezzled. 

Probably at some point, his rain making skills dried up and so the cash wasn't coming in the way it used to so he had no money to keep the Ponzi going. 

Also he was borrowing from companies that specialize in funding litigation. Essentially a lawyer will take out a loan to fund the lawsuit and the collateral is the lawyer's probable fees from that lawsuit. The lenders that specialize in these kinds of loans will examine a case and have a pretty good sense of whether to lend the money based on the probably outcome and also the reputation of the lawyer for being able to repay.

But obviously the whole thing was falling apart. I had forgotten about the 2019 reunion when Erika was asked about the lawsuits from these legal loans. So it is clear she knew all about the financial problems of the Girardi firm but stayed until the lawsuit in Chicago brought the entire house of cards tumbling

From the Reddit thread

At any rate, then in 2018, one of Tom's creditors got Tom to agree to a payment plan to repay $15 million dollars worth of loans from 2015. He gave them the first million dollar payment as agreed upon, then he basically ghosted them, so they filed a lawsuit in January 2019. He subsequently paid them in drips and drops, eventually knocking off about $10 million dollars of the debt.

In April 2019, that same loan company tried to secure Tom's assets, basically lock them down, because he stopped communicating with them about the final 5 or 6 million dollars he owed, and they had learned that he was actively pursuing another $30 million dollars worth of loans, and at this time, they said that they believed that Tom was funneling millions of dollars to Erika's company. They ended up making some kind of payment arrangement.

In June 2019, the Season 9 reunion was filmed, and at that time, Andy asked a question from the audience that essentially said "are you guys using this dog thing to take the focus off your own legal issues?" and Erika got very angry and claimed that the issue was resolved and that the Law Finance Group had apologized.

But then by August, Tom had failed to repay the final 6 million dollars as ordered by the courts, so a judge ordered him to produce his financial information to try to figure out why. I wonder what financial information he ended up producing.

All of this pre-pandemic mess was when the vultures started circling. Tom was finding it harder and harder to secure loans because Law Finance Group is not exactly a tiny fish in law lending circles. He could no longer rob Peter to pay Paul.

Edelson, tired of being ghosted and strung along, finally filed that lawsuit in Chicago, and that kicked over the last of the hornet's nest. All the other creditors saw that even other law firms are not being paid, and they went into panic mode, and rather than own up to his thievery, he's gone the mental incompetent bankruptcy route.

• Useful 10
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

Jen Shah from SLC is pretty nasty and can go from 0 to 1000 in a split second and it was both drunk and sober. Also, she and Erika have a lot in common now. /hee!

I would pay good money for an Erika pile-on of Jen, Leanne, Dorinda and Bethenny. I don't watch any of the other HW franchises, so I can't recommend any others, but I am sure there are plenty.

Re: The many personalities of Ton Girardi ... well, he's a Gemini (June 3)! (I will show myself out to avoid wrath from all of the May-June posters!) 😉

Bethenny pretty much put Erika in her place at that dinner in the Hamptons. B was not at all impressed by Erika’s “talent” — not all that impressed by Erika, period, IIRC — and that really got under the Ice Queen’s skin. B vs. E? No contest.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, amarante said:

Girardi Ponzi scheme.

I giggle every time I hear or read the words Ponzi Scheme because that is the name of my DIL's horse.

It seems that the HW's resume has to include some sort of money issue, divorce and the ability to lie about those things, why go on Reality TV when there is so much to hide?  What is that personality disorder called and how does Andy find so many of these women with some sort of legal and financial issues to hide.   

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
On 8/5/2021 at 10:21 PM, amarante said:

Candiace grabbing a knife and attacking Ashely at the dinner table.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I giggle every time I hear or read the words Ponzi Scheme because that is the name of my DIL's horse.

It seems that the HW's resume has to include some sort of money issue, divorce and the ability to lie about those things, why go on Reality TV when there is so much to hide?  What is that personality disorder called and how does Andy find so many of these women with some sort of legal and financial issues to hide.   

This is why I didnt believe the other idiot knew what her husband was doing and I dont believe Ericka was in on Tom's shenanigans. Men like that don't include their wives in their schemes and if they do, they keep it simple so the woman are clueless (here, sign this mortgage doc so we can get a home equity loan, here take some money and pay your glam squad so you can be a star). And then they push them to tv shows to keep them occupied so the attention is off the men and on the women. 

• Love 1

I find it funny that she was/is trying to use a "reality show" to control a narrative that just isn't true .. she freaks out on production for her slip that was caught on mic.... She thought that Bravo would do her bidding and any inconsistency that popped up she would have final say over if it got aired or not is laughable... Girl if you have things to hide you dont do shows like this ... 

• Love 14
2 hours ago, HotHW said:

Men like that don't include their wives in their schemes and if they do, they keep it simple so the woman are clueless

Well "innocent" Ruth Maddoff had to surrender lots and lots of money so Erika might just get what she deserves. I don't think she's an innocent bystander here at all.

• Love 21
7 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Well "innocent" Ruth Maddoff had to surrender lots and lots of money so Erika might just get what she deserves. I don't think she's an innocent bystander here at all.

Especially when her own llc or company accepted MILLIONS from his Company... 

• Love 16
16 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Exactly.

People have to differentiate between criminal liability which requires proof behind a reasonable doubt that Erika was involved in the fraud and embezzlement. That may or may not be true.

However Erika is desperately trying to hold on to the assets accumulated through the fraud and not pay the creditors. That is completely different as They can claw back all of the assets that were transferred to her.  She would be on the hook for the money and I think realistically that is what she fears and not a very unlikely criminal conviction.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9

If Erika wasn’t involved, why did she get so upset when the info on Tom calling her slipped out on camera?  If she is so innocent, what would be the problem with her saying she couldn’t take it anymore, moved out, doesn’t receive any monies from Tom, but the poor dear keeps calling her and asking her to come back and it breaks her heart?

• Love 13