Type keyword(s) to search

Erika Girardi/Erika Jayne: Let them eat cake

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Maximona said:

????

How can you tell what her skin looks like?  Foundation is troweled on to it, a quarter of an inch deep!

Serious question!

Most people on camera wear heavy makeup. Many of them still don't look like Erika. Thanks to a combination of genetics, lifestyle, and Tom's money to have the best upkeep, Erika has really beautiful skin. There are other Housewives and celebs who don't have skin as nice as hers. Some of them have larger pores, breakouts, not as youthful, etc. 

• Love 4

I feel like all of the Housewives look great on camera, with 9 millions filters and great lighting, but Erika's skin has looked good in almost all of her scenes, direct sunlight even. I think when they went to France (?) last year or the year before and no one took glam squads, her skin tone was flawless. If I had all the time and money in the world, that's what I would be obsessed with--looking perfect without makeup on. 

• Love 9
7 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

Even People magazine is covering Erika's Tale of Fuck and Awe.  Really nothing new to read here but I still found it amusing.  

Article here.

Well OF COURSE KYLE knows exactly what happened!! And Erika's Readers Digest version of the cliff dive is HILARIOUS!!!!!

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 7/22/2021 at 5:28 PM, RealHousewife said:

I can't picture Erika with Armie Hammer. I'm one of the people who doesn't think Erika is as sexual as her image is. Armie on the other hound sounds like a certified freak, seven days a week. 

I completely agree with you on this.  While she wants Erika Jayne to be a sexpot, her cold, detached personality just doesn’t seem conducive to relationships or even a casual sexual experience.  

Edited by Emmeline
  • Love 14
(edited)

even a casual sexual experience

Unless it's transactional or part of her ambition.

If Erika and Armie had a fling, it would be because he has deep pockets and she was trying to draw him in.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 11

So, I'm wondering if some of the legal folks on this forum could weigh in on this.

I understand the logic of this law - victims need to get paid, but it also strikes me as unfair to the unwitting party accepting crooked money.

It's looking like Erika is going to be as poor as a church mouse when all is said and done.

• Useful 6
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Jextella said:

So, I'm wondering if some of the legal folks on this forum could weigh in on this.

I understand the logic of this law - victims need to get paid, but it also strikes me as unfair to the unwitting party accepting crooked money.

It's looking like Erika is going to be as poor as a church mouse when all is said and done.

I wonder if she’ll ever feel compassion for the victims. 

• Love 10
On 7/31/2021 at 9:56 AM, Emmeline said:

I completely agree with you on this.  While she wants Erika Jayne to be sexpot, her cold, detached personality just doesn’t seem conducive to relationships or even a casual sexual experience.  

Ericka strikes me as wanting FAME more anything, that is what drives her.  She needs money to get this, and sex is used to achieve her goals.  She is a famewhore in the truest sense of the word.  It's really pretty pathetic.

• Love 10
21 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Page 6 posted a pic of Tom. He's aged 10 years in the last 8 or so months. 

I don’t doubt it — did this story also show the black eye and “unidentified female companion”? Just happened to see these details online just now. His physical and mental state will definitely complicate all of this.

All this will probably wind up killing him. 

What a sad mess — not “pretty” at all.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Yeah, saw the black eye and the woman who is probably his caretaker. He probably can't drive anymore.

When was his accident? About two years ago? If it was as bad as Erika is now saying, he most likely surrendered his license.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
40 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Page 6 posted a pic of Tom. He's aged 10 years in the last 8 or so months. 

He looks bad, really bad.  I was surprised, he has a vacant look about him that screams "out there."  There is a part of me that wants to feel bad for him, but I have to save that for the true victims.  He sure did fuck up a lot of lives.  Sigh.

• Love 11

I don’t think Erika is capable of being sympathetic to anyone except herself.  The other day she was going berserk after someone made a comment about her son.  The woman shouldn’t have said that but Erika should stop the threats.  The woman luckyg90210 closed her account so I can’t see exactly what she said.

4C8D79DA-5561-4839-80FB-8CE51F30663C.jpeg

Edited by Emmeline
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, Shannah Banana said:

He looks bad, really bad.  I was surprised, he has a vacant look about him that screams "out there."  There is a part of me that wants to feel bad for him, but I have to save that for the true victims.  He sure did fuck up a lot of lives.  Sigh.

Same. There's this innocence about people his age with dementia. I feel protective of them. But knowing what Tom did, it is different. Such a sad situation all around. 

• Love 10
14 hours ago, nexxie said:

image.jpg

Holy smokes. Do we have a recent photo to compare this to?

In all this stuff so far, there are a few things I believe....1) Erika loves Tom - at least on some level...maybe a mix between father and husband; and 2) Tom has dementia - although where is sits on the spectrum might be in debate.

My understanding through some personal experience is that stress causes dementia to progress faster than it would otherwise.  I can absolutely see Tom having had milder sysmptoms prior to last year but much worse symptoms now amidst all the lawsuits and unfavorable press.

Regardless...it always amazes me to see corrupt seniors in cuffs like this. Not a way to spend a life, and not a way to end a life. 

Edited by Jextella
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6
41 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Same. There's this innocence about people his age with dementia. I feel protective of them. But knowing what Tom did, it is different. Such a sad situation all around. 

Yes, my mother is 90 and has Alzheimers.  She gets that same slack-jawed, vacant look about her.  Sometimes she seems okay, but in the blink of an eye, she talks about people that don't exist, has (in her mind) real relationships with people that she only knows on TV, goes on and on about places she has never been to and don't exist, but insists they are there.  I've learned to go along with her as much as possible, to try not to frustrated her, because all of this is very real to her in her mind.  It's very sad and a hard place for everyone involved, so when I see Tom looking so pitiful, it makes me want to feel bad for him.  Then I have to remember that when he had all his wits about him, he was basically a criminal.  What a world.

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, Shannah Banana said:

Yes, my mother is 90 and has Alzheimers.  She gets that same slack-jawed, vacant look about her.  Sometimes she seems okay, but in the blink of an eye, she talks about people that don't exist, has (in her mind) real relationships with people that she only knows on TV, goes on and on about places she has never been to and don't exist, but insists they are there.  I've learned to go along with her as much as possible, to try not to frustrated her, because all of this is very real to her in her mind.  It's very sad and a hard place for everyone involved, so when I see Tom looking so pitiful, it makes me want to feel bad for him.  Then I have to remember that when he had all his wits about him, he was basically a criminal.  What a world.

I’m so sorry about your mother SHANNAH. I’m glad you are there for her. 

It is definitely a crazy world. 

• Love 9

I assumed that Erika Jayne was smarter than this. I also thought (many moons ago), Jenelle Evans was intuitively smart among the Teen Mom’s. My bad. So trust my judgement at your own peril. 

Erika Jayne maybe incredibly stupid though.

Exhibit 1 - Deciding  to sign up for the show. She needs the money - but I guess she couldn’t resist one less trot around the pony yard. Lawyers probably really enjoyed that closet (and overfill). Even more that necklace and earrings from the first episode.. See stupid.

Exhibit 2-  Fleeing from the Cadaver at the first most opportune moment. See stupid.

Exhibit 3 - whatever the fuck that Twitter post she reposted that had her hanging on a Balenciaga cross with Widow and Orphan earrings. See really stupid. WTF is wrong with you?

And then Exhibits 4-6….

Edited by Jennifersdc
Very minor
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, Emmeline said:

I don’t think Erika is capable of being sympathetic to anyone except herself.  The other day she was going berserk after someone made a comment about her son.  The woman shouldn’t have said that but Erika should stop the threats.  The woman luckyg90210 closed her account so I can’t see exactly what she said.

4C8D79DA-5561-4839-80FB-8CE51F30663C.jpeg

Classy. 

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Jennifersdc said:

I assumed that Erika Jayne was smarter than this. I

I said much the same thing in a comment, it's out there somewhere.  I thought she was smarter than what she has portrayed.  Full disclosure:  I was a fan.  I kept it on the downlow because sometimes it's better to, most people did not like Erika.  Her icy demeanor didn't bother me, I actually liked the Joan Crawford-Bette Davis vibe she put off.  And the clothes!  and jewelry!  and she is pretty to look at!  I liked Tom, even.  Their relationship didn't bother me, the age difference didn't bother me.  I enjoyed her drive to make a name for herself.  Hell, Mikey didn't even bother me.  It was a fun ride, until she went rabid on someone.  Then she was an interesting case study to me.

But now?  Oh my gawd, I feel so used!  She is an empty shell, and I will never find her remotely attractive again.  I don't even care about her shit, except to resent that she has it.  I guess, I should have been smarter than that 😁!

• Love 18
2 hours ago, Shannah Banana said:

I said much the same thing in a comment, it's out there somewhere.  I thought she was smarter than what she has portrayed.  Full disclosure:  I was a fan.  I kept it on the downlow because sometimes it's better to, most people did not like Erika.  Her icy demeanor didn't bother me, I actually liked the Joan Crawford-Bette Davis vibe she put off.  And the clothes!  and jewelry!  and she is pretty to look at!  I liked Tom, even.  Their relationship didn't bother me, the age difference didn't bother me.  I enjoyed her drive to make a name for herself.  Hell, Mikey didn't even bother me.  It was a fun ride, until she went rabid on someone.  Then she was an interesting case study to me.

But now?  Oh my gawd, I feel so used!  She is an empty shell, and I will never find her remotely attractive again.  I don't even care about her shit, except to resent that she has it.  I guess, I should have been smarter than that 😁!

Ditto! I was a fan in the beginning too and liked her less each season. She also reminds me of Joan Crawford & Bette Davis. I love glamour, the classic Hollywood vibe, and also really admired her beauty. I loved that she was having fun and didn't care if people thought she was too old to pursue her dreams, be sexy, etc. I didn't care for Tom snapping at her, but I did think he was a decent person. I thought he loved her in his own way, and vice versa. Tom was mostly charming in the footage we saw of him. I wouldn't want to be with a man that old, but their age gap didn't bother me either. Despite the fact Erika is way younger, she wasn't scarcely more than a kid when they got together (unlike Rinna's daughter). 

I thought I was the only one who wasn't annoyed by Mikey! I'm always like, wait, what did the poor guy do exactly? lol

Me too. I tried not to judge her for leaving her son to pursue her career in LA. It especially didn't make sense to me because NYC is an entertainment city. It wasn't like she was in some small town in the midwest without showbiz opportunities. Men are never judged when their career moves mean being away from her kids though. Erika said she was constantly flying back and forth to see him, and that he now lived with her. I figured she tried her best as a young mom. 

I hated how she exploded on Eileen, but I figured she was hormonal and had a meltdown. Then she was ice cold to a grieving LVP. I didn't like that but I get how LVP just rubbed her the wrong way. And then she was part of the gang-up on Denise. I always struggle with that "if someone shows you who they are, believe them." Some people do give bad first impressions, and none of us are perfect. But if you see questionable behavior after questionable behavior, there's only so much that can be excused. I still hope that she'll redeem herself, but I'm really disappointed so far. 

• Love 8

How do we know Erika’s glam squad didn’t fix up good ol’ Tom with that shiner and some new clothing choices for the cameras? I don’t trust either one of these con people.

• Useful 3
  • Love 14
On 7/22/2021 at 6:28 PM, RealHousewife said:

I can't picture Erika with Armie Hammer. I'm one of the people who doesn't think Erika is as sexual as her image is. Armie on the other hound sounds like a certified freak, seven days a week. 

IMHO Erika is not sexy at all. Her look is trash, not art, not talent, just nope! The ice queen veneer, so overworked.

• Love 10
15 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I'm glad that I always found her to be a mercenary bitch. I'm not in the least surprised that she left Tom as his world fell down around his ears. Erika is all about preserving Erika.

Yep. If she were stranded on a desert island with her son, I absolutely believe she would eventually let him die and eat him. She has no values.

But she’d also try to eviscerate anyone who commented on it. “You don’t know what I went through, before I let him die! You don’t know. You don’t want to go there. I will destroy you.”

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • LOL 19
  • Love 5
On 7/31/2021 at 10:46 PM, Jextella said:

How is it unfair to Erika if money that was given to her by her husband which was obtained through theft and fraud was taken back from her to satisfy the victims of the fraud.

She did nothing to earn the money except theoretically be the wife of the fraudster - and that is assuming that she knew nothing about how the money was obtained. 

Where it gets to be more of a moral/ethical dilemma is if someone actually provided services in good faith and was paid for those services by ill gotten money. Or if one buys a stolen car in good faith and you are required to give it back.

But Erika is an easy call since there is nothing unfair about making her responsible for the money she was happy to squander. Especially the $25 million loan to her production company/

• Love 6
1 hour ago, amarante said:

How is it unfair to Erika if money that was given to her by her husband which was obtained through theft and fraud was taken back from her to satisfy the victims of the fraud.

She did nothing to earn the money except theoretically be the wife of the fraudster - and that is assuming that she knew nothing about how the money was obtained. 

Where it gets to be more of a moral/ethical dilemma is if someone actually provided services in good faith and was paid for those services by ill gotten money. Or if one buys a stolen car in good faith and you are required to give it back.

But Erika is an easy call since there is nothing unfair about making her responsible for the money she was happy to squander. Especially the $25 million loan to her production company/

I don't really care about Erika.

I was thinking in general terms.  If I was given a chunk of crooked money and in turn donated it to charity, I'd have to repay that money and so I'd be the loser in all this.

Or would the charity have to pay it back, perhaps?

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, Jextella said:

I don't really care about Erika.

I was thinking in general terms.  If I was given a chunck of crooked money and in turn donated it to charity, I'd have to repay that money and so I am the loser in all this.

Or would the charity have to pay it back, perhaps?

As I said, were you given the money or did you earn it or sell something of value?

The law also considers equitable principles. I was commenting solely on Erika's situation where there is absolutely no argument of fairness - only her greed in claiming she is somehow entitled to it because Tom gave her the stuff - e.g. she is claiming that as a gift it is not part of the marital estate and therefore not subject to the creditors having claims to it.

But with Madoff charities did have to give back money in certain circumstances. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 1

I'm confused as to why this lawyer is posting publicly all this stuff about her case. It seems shady AF to me to do that. Wouldn't you just put your head down and gather all the info, witnesses, and evidence you could but not blast it all over the internet? It seems almost illegal to do that and if I was a judge I'd be none too pleased about his actions. I mean, people need to be held accountable for this debacle, but this seems off to me.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
13 minutes ago, gingerella said:

I'm confused as to why this lawyer is posting publicly all this stuff about her case. It seems shady AF to me to do that. Wouldn't you just put your head down and gather all the info, witnesses, and evidence you could but not blast it all over the internet? It seems almost illegal to do that and if I was a judge I'd be none too pleased about his actions. I mean, people need to be held accountable for this debacle, but this seems off to me.

This. Everyone involved in this is a disaster, from Tom on down to Erika and this attorney. He seems shady as hell and he's quickly sinking to Housewives level with this petty social media posting. I don't trust a lawyer who seems to care more about his social media clout than finding justice for the victims. 

• Love 10

My FIL had alzheimer's and my MIL took care of him full-time.  One day he found the car keys and backed the car out of the garage into the driveway.  My MIL came out, saw him and told him to stop, get out of the car.  He panicked, stepped on the gas and ran her over!  The car idled on top of her, until some nearby construction guys rushed over and picked up the car off of her.   She survived with 3rd degree burns from her collarbone down to her knees.   He remained in the car absolutely oblivious to what happened, or where she had gone when the ambulance left.   After that he went down hill rapidly.  While she was in hospital (8 weeks), he was out of his routine, without her help, and was lost.    If it's true about Tom, with all the chaos, lack of routine, etc. I can see him going downhill fast.  

Erika may have been (and I don't believe she was) naive about the money, she was not about his declining mental ability.  Many Alzheimer's patients lash out, get angry, get frustrated - it's sadly part of the disease.  So why not stay, get him help, give him the support he obviously gave her and her self-centered career.

It's not just the horror of taking money away from victims, and denying them of the compensation they deserve.  My nephew was one of the first Firemen on the scene or that terrible gas explosions in San Bruno.  He has to deal with the vivid memories or charred bodies, helping those who survived.  But hey, as long as Erika can afford her scaled down glam squad.

• Love 6
23 hours ago, gingerella said:

I agree and have wondered the same.

• Love 4

22 hours ago, notnowimbusy said:

Erika may have been (and I don't believe she was) naive about the money, she was not about his declining mental ability.  Many Alzheimer's patients lash out, get angry, get frustrated - it's sadly part of the disease. 

Can I ask a question?  Has there been any third-party verification of ANY of the claims made by Erika about Tom?   Normally I wouldn't ask but her complete disregard for the plight of the victims her husband embezzled from leads me to believe she will do anything to make herself look good.

After watching what Phaedra and Apollo did when the feds came after their property, I wonder how much of Erika's jewelry and other expensive items are in the witness protection program in someone's garage?  (My vote would go to Rinna).  

• Love 8