Type keyword(s) to search

Erika Girardi/Erika Jayne: Let them eat cake

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

So when Erika was complaining about how her "long conversations" had become one or two sentences from Tom her reaction wasn't to take him to a neurologist but to LEAVE him?   Wow.    

Yep. That pretty much sums it up.

I’d love to know what her response to that one will be. Probably something along the lines he was mean and belittled her for years blah blah blah. So was she lying then (we’ve all seen how she gushed over him from day one on the show) or now? I’m guessing now.

I hope somebody calls her on it.

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, Jennifersdc said:

I’d love to know what her response to that one will be. Probably something along the lines he was mean and belittled her for years blah blah blah. So was she lying then (we’ve all seen how she gushed over him from day one on the show) or now? I’m guessing now.

My guess is a little bit of both. We've seen the way Erika explodes over tiny things said by the other women. Her husband speaking to her like a little girl in front of her coworkers with cameras rolling must have gotten to her, but she never showed any reaction. She put up with all of it for the $. I figured she had an appreciative sort of love for him despite the nature of the relationship between the age gap, how busy he was, and how he spoke. I still don't know what she knew regarding Tom's work and Tom's mental decline. I'm sure she's going to play innocent as much as possible though. 

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, Jennifersdc said:

She likely tolerated his behavior in exchange for what it had to offer her.  People marry for all sorts of reasons.  Likely, she didn’t know what financial shenanigans were in store.  Back then, it probably seemed like a good arrangement for a woman in her situation.  But, you know what they say when you marry for money?.......You earn every damn dime. Lol. Well, normally.  Most don’t get into such financial hi-jinks.   

• Love 12
(edited)
3 hours ago, Jextella said:

So, this goes to my point about Erica just not being very smart. Now Tom's entire estate is in the hands of his brother. 

Unless the lawyers here have other input, it seems she's lost any sort of control over anything. Is that right?

Tom’s “estate” is about $26M in debt (or more). She knew that he was broke when she conveniently filed for divorce. Maybe not the extent of his debt though.

She’s just trying to hold on to the millions of “gifted” jewelry, art, Chanel, LV etc…

Tom’s brother is just trying to keep him out of prison before he dies.

Edited by Jennifersdc
  • Useful 6
  • Love 15
On 7/9/2021 at 8:43 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

I did not know she had ties with them, I remember Dorit wearing Fenty and Sutton asked who she was wearing and thought Dorit said Fendi, etc...Dorit should jump on Fenty about doing something together since that little exchange did more to promote Fenty than Erika's association with them, right?

Erika walked in the their last show and was on contract.

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Julyolo said:

Had she been wise, or really loved him, she would have stood by him, been appointed his conservator, and her claims of not knowing what was going on could have been reinforced by his diagnosis. In grabbing all she could and running, she has put herself in a much worse position.

She really did not think this through, did she? If Erika had just been smart enough to stick it out a few more months, she could have looked like the dutiful wife caring for her aging and infirm husband, who had no idea of all of the financial crimes going on. She might have actually been able to skirt many of the legal accusations and I feel like she would have much more public sympathy (even if it was still unwarranted). Now she's screwed herself out of everything. Karma's a bitch.

• Love 16
4 hours ago, emma675 said:

She really did not think this through, did she? If Erika had just been smart enough to stick it out a few more months, she could have looked like the dutiful wife caring for her aging and infirm husband, who had no idea of all of the financial crimes going on. She might have actually been able to skirt many of the legal accusations and I feel like she would have much more public sympathy (even if it was still unwarranted). Now she's screwed herself out of everything. Karma's a bitch.

Exactly! And as this has played out she could have also said, "Well, the board that regulates law practice in California didn't seem to think he was doing anything wrong all these years". She has really screwed up. Those pillows she has on her patio couches should really say "pretty dumb mess".

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
(edited)

Does anyone recall when the media covered the story that Erika's glam squad quit and accused her of not paying them? Soon after that she advertised for glam squad to work for credit only.  I'm curious about the timeline.

Also, regarding Tom's Alzheimer's, I talked to someone today whose husband is a physician with a diagnosis of the disease. This physician is still going to his office as he is in the early stages. That seems astounding but perhaps he is doing mostly office stuff; I didn't ask any nosy questions.

A neighbor's husband has dementia and is still working for a federal agency. She told me his colleagues have rallied around him and will do so as long as it's practical.

I assume Tom's colleagues and Erika have done the same thing for Tom over the past couple years. It's been said that Alzheimer's patients hold onto their social skills for quite awhile.

I wonder if Erika is paying for her rental home. I could see a wealthy gentleman caller paying for it and letting her live there for free.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
19 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

Does anyone recall when the media covered the story that Erika's glam squad quit and accused her of not paying them? Soon after that she advertised for glam squad to work for credit only.  I'm curious about the timeline.

Also, regarding Tom's Alzheimer's, I talked to someone today whose husband is a physician with a diagnosis of the disease. This physician is still going to his office as he is in the early stages. That seems astounding but perhaps he is doing mostly office stuff; I didn't ask any nosy questions.

A neighbor's husband has dementia and is still working for a federal agency. She told me his colleagues have rallied around him and will do so as long as it's practical.

I assume Tom's colleagues and Erika have done the same thing for Tom over the past couple years. It's been said that Alzheimer's patients hold onto their social skills for quite awhile.

I wonder if Erika is paying for her rental home. I could see a wealthy gentleman caller paying for it and letting her live there for free.

Did either of the men (bolded, above) defraud millions of dollars from plane crash victims?  Was their diagnosis very conveniently timed to coincide with a massive fraudulent cover-up?

I have a friend who has early Alzheimer's, and sure, for a while, she still attended events, etc.  You don't go from career, running around, driving, shopping, parenting, to all of a sudden sitting in a chair in a memory care facility in one day.  It's a gradual decline.  Unlike the sudden decline Tom is claiming.  Sorry, I ain't buyin' it.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Useful 1
  • Love 21
(edited)

I wondered too, but Tom has received a diagnosis of major neurocognitive disorder (e.g., dementia). There is also mild neurocognitive disorder; my family member progressed through both. There were eight hours of tests spread over two days. and I read the many pages of reports. In my family member's case, the decline was not gradual - there were sudden, sharp declines, followed by a kind of plateau, followed by another sharp decline.

Anything's possible, but I doubt this diagnosis can be faked , nor would a clinician be easily fooled. I haven't heard any plaintiff's attorneys challenge the diagnosis, but maybe I missed it.

It's possible Erika and Tom's colleagues hid and manipulated his disease in order to keep the billables going for him. Or to protect the firm from loss of clients.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Useful 6
  • Love 5
45 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

Oo I want to hear more about the glam squad thing!

With Tom, the problem I have is that he's had shady dealings for what, 40 years they're saying? The grifting behavior isn't new. Also, if his colleges were aware and rallying behind him, why wasn't anyone else paying attention to the accounts, cases and settlements? Wouldn't there be more people than just Tom dealing with these things in a normal setting, and even more so after they noticed he was having functional issues?

(I am also very sorry you, your family and friends have been affected by such a heavy diagnosis. I feel for you all. I know how devastating it is)

I read an article that said her new landlord is also one of her attorneys. If that's true, maybe she's not actually paying rent per se?

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I wouldn't put it past anyone in Girardi's sphere to use him and his disease for their own gain. I could see him possibly exhibiting signs of neurological problems years ago, but everyone around him helped to hide it to continue on with their cushy lifestyles. Then when his financial crimes were exposed and those people could also possibly face consequences, they let it all out into the light to save themselves. 

My grandmother had Alzheimers. It was years of little slips and signs, then when she was diagnosed, it was a sudden, fast decline. Neurological disease varies from person to person, there's no set way to determine how it goes.

• Love 13

Brian Moylan recaps this show for New York Magazine. As you know, he was the writer of Erika's memoirs. 

His reviews have always been fabulously snarky - he generally manages to insert an insulting description of PK in every recap and they are all hilarious. Unfortunately he has let his friendship or paycheck really influence his recaps as he is bending over like a Cirque de Soleil acrobat to give her every benefit of the doubt. He was always Team Erika but now he is unwilling even to concede that while she may or may not be guilty of actual embezzlement, she is doing everything possible to retain ownership of all her ill gotten gains and her social media posts are truly disturbing. 

The comments are really what makes his recaps very interesting and almost all of them are calling him out and expressing extreme skepticism about Erika's ever changing stories including terrific posts on #mascaragate. 

Last night WWHL had four BRAVO bloggers/podcasters giving their opinions on all things BRAVO and when Andy asked them how they felt about Erika, they were all extremely skeptical of her fake justifications and excuses. What I found somewhat interesting was that Andy seemed a little surprised that there was such uniformity of opinion that was anti-Erika. Perhaps this doesn't augur well for her future. I participate in a BRAVO panel and I can't wait to rank this season in terms of Erika especially if there is no come to Jesus moment and Rinna and Kyle are not forced to come to terms with their hypocrisy. He was also surprised that they were pretty much anti-Leah but that's a different franchise

Here is a link to the NY Magazine recaps - he also recaps RHONY.

https://www.vulture.com/article/real-housewives-of-beverly-hills-recap-season-11-episode-9.html

• Useful 5
  • Love 9

I don’t know what caused Tom to do what he did, if it’s true. Absconding with a clients’s funds is just too low to fathom.  It makes me sick to think about it.  I do believe what professionals say about his diagnosis. I’m no expert, but I cared for a family member with dementia for years until her death.  Different conditions can cause neurocognitive disorders,such as infection, stroke, Alzheimer’s, Frontotemporal dementia (FTD), alcohol abuse, metabolic problem, etc.  They present in different ways though, in the early stages. 

It’s amazing how long some professionals can function with cognitive decline when propped up by assistants and colleagues.  Even when it’s obvious something is wrong, people stay in denial. The patient often is clueless they are ill.  

True story.  Years ago, there was a respected attorney in my community who suddenly got charged with sexual assault on 2-3 different women. They said he propositioned them and assaulted them outright in his office during a consultation!  It was obvious he was acting out of character.  I had known him quite well for 6 years and thought it was outrageous.  There were other allegations about other inappropriate things he had said or done, but most of his practice was still operating ok.  After the charges, his wife divorced him and he plead guilty in court.  He was eventually disbarred.  I wondered why they didn’t get him evaluated.   Fast forward a few years later and he was unable to care for himself and living in a memory care facility.  His behavior was caused by his dementia.  I suspect FTD, which starts with inappropriate behavior, lack of empathy, impulsivity, loss of inhibition, etc.  He died within a few years from the condition.

I suppose there is no way to know if the cognitive disorder impacted Tom’s decisions or not.  I just hope they can recover funds to pay the clients back.  I doubt we’ll get straight answers from Erika.  She’s in self-preservation mode, imo. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, amarante said:

Brian Moylan recaps this show for New York Magazine. As you know, he was the writer of Erika's memoirs. 

His reviews have always been fabulously snarky - he generally manages to insert an insulting description of PK in every recap and they are all hilarious. Unfortunately he has let his friendship or paycheck really influence his recaps as he is bending over like a Cirque de Soleil acrobat to give her every benefit of the doubt. He was always Team Erika but now he is unwilling even to concede that while she may or may not be guilty of actual embezzlement, she is doing everything possible to retain ownership of all her ill gotten gains and her social media posts are truly disturbing. 

The comments are really what makes his recaps very interesting and almost all of them are calling him out and expressing extreme skepticism about Erika's ever changing stories including terrific posts on #mascaragate. 

Last night WWHL had four BRAVO bloggers/podcasters giving their opinions on all things BRAVO and when Andy asked them how they felt about Erika, they were all extremely skeptical of her fake justifications and excuses. What I found somewhat interesting was that Andy seemed a little surprised that there was such uniformity of opinion that was anti-Erika. Perhaps this doesn't augur well for her future. I participate in a BRAVO panel and I can't wait to rank this season in terms of Erika especially if there is no come to Jesus moment and Rinna and Kyle are not forced to come to terms with their hypocrisy. He was also surprised that they were pretty much anti-Leah but that's a different franchise

Here is a link to the NY Magazine recaps - he also recaps RHONY.

https://www.vulture.com/article/real-housewives-of-beverly-hills-recap-season-11-episode-9.html

Ohhhh I didn't realize his son worked for him? I hope he's getting looked at closely, too. 
Or, like Eileen, are we never supposed bring up the son? 🤣 

I also just saw the Mauricio and Kyle scene on the 'never before scenes' where Mo says Tom is sharp as a tack, 100% all there. 🤔 interrresting.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

Yikes.  Giradi Keese is suing Erika now?     I get the jewelry and paintings but what lottery payments?   Did the law firm win the lottery or is that a money term for something else? 

The law firm isn't suing her. It is the attorney for the bankruptcy trustee who is attempting to get as much of the assets as possible so that there is money for the victims Tom stole from. Erika is claiming that the $25 million paid to her corporation as well as gifts and some money from fees belong to her legally while the trustee is attempting to get them clawed back into the bankruptcy estate so that they can be distributed to the victims,

I don't understand how Erika's legal defense is viable - anything of value was paid for by Girardi including the $25 million to her corporation plus she was evidently getting about $20,000 per month for some legal fees owed to the firm. 

Edited by amarante
  • Useful 6
  • Love 4
Just now, amarante said:

The law firm isn't suing her. It is the attorney for the bankruptcy trustee who is attempting to get as much of the assets as possible so that there is money for the victims Tom stole from. Erika is claiming that the $25 million paid to her corporation as well as gifts and some money from fees need to be clawed back.

Damn, this is all such a huge mess, and not a pretty one. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Ohhhh I didn't realize his son worked for him? I hope he's getting looked at closely, too. 
Or, like Eileen, are we never supposed bring up the son? 🤣 

I also just saw the Mauricio and Kyle scene on the 'never before scenes' where Mo says Tom is sharp as a tack, 100% all there. 🤔 interrresting.

Whose son? Girardi's son in law worked for him and "quit" when the whole house of cards was first exposed. Of course there really was nothing to quit. The son in law claims that he knew nothing about any fraudulent practices because even though they were partners, they were not privy to anything relating to the finances of the firms. 

Sounds pretty fishy to me and it is hard to imagine they wouldn't have some degree of understanding that the lifestyle being led by Tom and Erika was not sustainable based on legal fees actually earned and not settlements stolen and embezzled.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

Yikes.  Giradi Keese is suing Erika now?     I get the jewelry and paintings but what lottery payments?   Did the law firm win the lottery or is that a money term for something else? 

I thought i read somewhere that she has a loan or owes Girardi Keese 25 million.  I have to admit there seems to be a lot going on and it’s pretty confusing between the RHOBH timeline and real time, Tom has been involved in shady deals and personal lawsuits for years.  Then add in a divorce, sham or not, bankruptcy, dementia and Erika and her shenanigans it might take more than a team of detectives and lawyers to sort this through this mess.  And I bet none of the victims will ever be compensated.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, amarante said:

Whose son? Girardi's son in law worked for him and "quit" when the whole house of cards was first exposed. Of course there really was nothing to quit. The son in law claims that he knew nothing about any fraudulent practices because even though they were partners, they were not privy to anything relating to the finances of the firms. 

Sounds pretty fishy to me and it is hard to imagine they wouldn't have some degree of understanding that the lifestyle being led by Tom and Erika was not sustainable based on legal fees actually earned and not settlements stolen and embezzled.

Oh! I just was reading the vulture article comments. I didn't realize it was his son-in-law and not his bio son.

Oo what a chicken his SIL is for quitting at that time. Just as bad as Erika making tracks. Rats deserting the ship.

Is that usual for partners not to know what is happening with the firm's finances? Is there only one signatory on the settlement accounts? Yeah, I agree, everything stinks to high Heaven, besides, as you pointed out, they were living like they had a bottomless money barrel.

I'd believe Erika not knowing before I believe partners being clueless -unless it's the usual way that's done?

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Oo what a chicken his SIL is for quitting at that time. Just as bad as Erika making tracks. Rats deserting the ship.

He quit in June 2020 before a lot of this was public after, according to him and his lawyers, several fights with him insisting that the firm needed to payout the airline victims.

• Useful 5
(edited)
46 minutes ago, amarante said:

The law firm isn't suing her. It is the attorney for the bankruptcy trustee who is attempting to get as much of the assets as possible so that there is money for the victims Tom stole from. Erika is claiming that the $25 million paid to her corporation as well as gifts and some money from fees belong to her legally while the trustee is attempting to get them clawed back into the bankruptcy estate so that they can be distributed to the victims,

I don't understand how Erika's legal defense is viable - anything of value was paid for by Girardi including the $25 million to her corporation plus she was evidently getting about $20,000 per month for some legal fees owed to the firm. 

Thank you for this.   That makes much more sense.

I second everyone that said this is a huge mess.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

Did either of the men (bolded, above) defraud millions of dollars from plane crash victims?  Was their diagnosis very conveniently timed to coincide with a massive fraudulent cover-up?

I have a friend who has early Alzheimer's, and sure, for a while, she still attended events, etc.  You don't go from career, running around, driving, shopping, parenting, to all of a sudden sitting in a chair in a memory care facility in one day.  It's a gradual decline.  Unlike the sudden decline Tom is claiming.  Sorry, I ain't buyin' it.

I agree with. Alzheimer's is a gradual decline and it certainly doesn't hit you over night.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Nicmar said:

I agree with. Alzheimer's is a gradual decline and it certainly doesn't hit you over night.

It can also go undiagnosed for many years and to outsiders appear to be a rapid decline.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
(edited)
11 hours ago, biakbiak said:

He quit in June 2020 before a lot of this was public after, according to him and his lawyers, several fights with him insisting that the firm needed to payout the airline victims.

Ok, I think a little better of him for that. Is it covid lockdowns that blew over the firm's house of cards?

SIL must've been between that proverbial rock and hard place, because what was he to do with that info? It sounds like anyone in power had Tom's back firmly, so going to anyone about it wouldn't have done any good at all, it would've been swept under the rug, like everything else has regarding Tom's conduct, for literal decades. 
Maybe the press? I can sorta see the reluctance there, because of his wife, and probable retaliation. Uch it's a pretzel of bad deeds, greed, and fear.

I also wonder if Erika is being used as a distraction, you know, like magicians do? Look over here, so you don't see what's really going on over there. With how shark-like Tom's being described, I wouldn't put it past him to have given Erika a script to follow.

With the dementia, could he deteriorate this quickly due to the extra enormous stress of everything blowing up?

I just don't know what to believe and am glad I'm not in charge of figuring any of it out, lol. The whole thing just makes me sad.

Edited by WhatAmIWatching
Forgot the greed
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, izabella said:

It doesn't make me sad, except for their victims.  I don't feel sorry for two con artists who got caught, and are now trying hard to hide assets and keep Tom out of jail.

I wasn't clear, but that's exactly what I meant. The victims shouldn't have to be going through any of this dog and pony show.

I'm also furious and sickened that the system, that should've protected their interests, is so corrupted that something like this is even happening. All the bs jockeying for assets, from everyone and their dog, when the very first fund recoveries should, straight up, be given to the victims first, period.

• Love 10
On 7/15/2021 at 12:34 PM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I heard she is doing her dirty laundry with Armie Hammer Arm and Hammer

I keep seeing this when I scroll and laugh every time. Word in the street is he called her a real snacc 🤣 

18 minutes ago, Jextella said:

The Pretty Mess is right.

Erika is screwed.

I watched that on that episode! Yikes. Is that useable? As in, did Mo (or Kyle) spend really any real time around or with him? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

watched that on that episode! Yikes. Is that useable? As in, did Mo (or Kyle) spend really any real time around or with him? 

I mean he himself says he only met him a handful of times and who knows when the last time that happened.

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I mean he himself says he only met him a handful of times and who knows when the last time that happened.

True true!

I guess what I'm asking is, could M & K still get pulled in and deposed at all? Even if the prosecution knows that's not enough to go on, would/could they use it? (I'm sorry I am asking you as if you're involved in the case(s), lol. I'm not sure how it all works since, thankfully, I haven't ever had to deal with anything court related)

I'm mildly surprised Erika didn't hop on one of their planes, before they were repo'd, and skeddadled to somewhere far away.

With Tom's assets frozen in December, she has no money to go anywhere.

28 minutes ago, endure said:

I do have to wonder why this scene wasn't aired, possibly someone's intervention?

Well, it doesn't fit the narrative that Tom has dementia, so the editors cut it.  Why they want to protect Erika is beyond me.  She makes Bravo look bad, and that's quite a feat.

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
14 minutes ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

I guess what I'm asking is, could M & K still get pulled in and deposed at all? Even if the prosecution knows that's not enough to go on, would/could they use it? (I'm sorry I am asking you as if you're involved in the case(s), lol. I'm not sure how it all works since, thankfully, I haven't ever had to deal with anything court related)

Highly doubtful.  Tom has a doctor claiming he has dementia and his brother is now in charge of him/his assets.  That's all the court will do about it at this point.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

True true!

I'm mildly surprised Erika didn't hop on one of their planes, before they were repo'd, and skeddadled to somewhere far away.

They didn't actually own any private planes - they were leased. It is not even clear whether they had 100% possession of the planes as it is not uncommon for people to essentially have time shares of planes. After all owning your own private plane is not only expensive but really not needed by most private people because how often are people actually FLYING. Lots of times the plane is owned by the corporation which makes more sense since it is then available to all top level executives.

I don't think Tom will wind up actually physically spending time in a jail cell because of his age. Bernie Madoff was 70 when he was carted off and there is a huge difference especially since Tom would be even older by the time it was actually adjudicated.

His life is essentially over - he is in disgrace and fallen from the lofty albeit corrupt temples of power he inhabited. Even if he managed to stash money somewhere off shore he is not going to be able to use it as he has got both the government and all of the creditors and victims of his scam watching every purchase and making sure that his life style has no indicia of wealth. 

Tre unlike Erika was able to recover financially but she wasn't on the hook for the same enormous amount of money Erika is on the hook for. Tre maybe owed $1 million or so in restitution and she is reputed to make $1,000,000 per season plus all of her social media side hustles. Not a defender of Tre but Tre didn't leave a trail of orphans, widows, maimed individuals and other really sympathetic characters. I am not saying that bankruptcy fraud is victimless but it truly doesn't compare with what Tom (and Erika) were doing. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 13
(edited)
15 minutes ago, amarante said:

I am not saying that bankruptcy fraud is victimless but it truly doesn't compare with what Tom (and Erika) were doing. 

It could be argued that Erika and Tom are now probably committing bankruptcy fraud on top of all the embezzling to keep their ill-gotten money and goods and far from being victimless, it is revictimizing those they've already wronged.

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, yourmomiseasy said:

It could be argued that Erika and Tom are now probably committing bankruptcy fraud on top of all the embezzling.

Tre and Juicy signed bankruptcy papers under penalty of perjury in which they hid assets. I don't think Tom's conservators are going to do something like that.

It's equivalent to the difference between criminal tax fraud and just claiming a deduction that the IRS doesn't think is valid. 

Erika is claiming that her assets belong to her - the court will decide whether that is so.

It's quite tangled because of the "divorce" and whether it was a sham since the date of legal separation impacts rights. Also it is a "gray" area in terms of whether valuable gifts to a spouse are separate property or are part of the community property.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1