Type keyword(s) to search

Erika Girardi/Erika Jayne: Let them eat cake

• Start Topic

(edited)
On 7/7/2021 at 7:53 AM, Mindthinkr said:

I think it’s the latter (greed) combined with some entitlement. 

She hired several professional sycophants, and then believed all the fecal matter they spewed.

Spoiler

So let’s assume that Tom and she are playing chess. He instructed her to begin setting the table with infidelity, cruelty, distancing, and control accusations. He probably said, “No, really. Don’t hold back. Have fun with it, daughter-dear—heh, my beloved wife. It will seem more convincing.” But they long ago moved the money to off-shore accounts. Maybe he’ll even stay in a restricted facility, due to the dementia claims. She’ll enjoy a piña colada, à la Mary Ann in Body Heat, on a private island, willing Tom to go into cardiac arrest. 
Because she DESERVES it. Because her father abandoned her. 

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 12

CDAN says the implied date of filing for divorce as seen on the show is not the same date as has apparently been testified to in certain proceedings. I guess the date is extremely important for criminal and financial reasons.

• Useful 9
  • Love 2

Regarding whether Erika was totally clueless or not, in the words of Bethany Frankel "You can't play stupid and smart at the same time."

Erika is no dummy. I haven't seen enough proof to know she was aware of all of Tom's dirty work. I can see Tom not coming home and sharing information about all the clients he screwed over. But buying that the timing of her divorce is pure coincidence and that she believed that OTT lifestyle was paid for from honest, hard work? IDK about that . . .

• Love 23
On 7/4/2021 at 5:33 PM, Jennifersdc said:

So now Erika is objecting to the Trustee transferring an NFL CTE case to another lawyer cause they’ll be plenty of money to pay off Tom’s creditors and leave some money in the kitty for her.

What is wrong with this woman? First off bitch - there is no longer a law firm (door is apparently even padlocked) so there is no value in that case anymore to Girardi Keese. I guess after illicitly profiting off Widows and Orphans, why not a bunch of Black guys with early onset dementia.

Seems kinda strange for a woman who's been swearing up and down how she didn't know anything about his business, to suddenly to be so interested in his business. LOL

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

Erica may have slipped and messed up her case a bit.  She was listing all the sources of income she has…best selling book, shoe design, and a few other businesses, then she told the producer who asked the question about her finances that she’s  doing “just fine”, and has means to support herself and her new house.  

That house, by the way, is probably worth several million dollars.  I have no idea about Beverly Hills real estate, but I’m guessing it could be sold to put a sizable dent in the money owed to the victims of “The Firm”.

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, BusyOctober said:

Erica may have slipped and messed up her case a bit.  She was listing all the sources of income she has…best selling book, shoe design, and a few other businesses, then she told the producer who asked the question about her finances that she’s  doing “just fine”, and has means to support herself and her new house.  

That house, by the way, is probably worth several million dollars.  I have no idea about Beverly Hills real estate, but I’m guessing it could be sold to put a sizable dent in the money owed to the victims of “The Firm”.

Well, as of this writing, she's only on the hook for $11M. 

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, BusyOctober said:

I noticed that too.

I crack up at the way they describe Erika's new place, "oh it's cute, it's charming." lol They talk like she's living in a studio apartment or a tiny home in the midwest. It's a gorgeous place and probably costs way more than the average viewer's home. She's not roughing it for not living in a mansion. And poor Erika, no housekeeper! She has to do her own laundry! We're supposed to feel sorry for her for adulting? 

Listen, if Erika genuinely had no clue what Tom was up to, of course I feel bad for her. Legal issues have to be some of the biggest headaches, but so far this season, eh. I do think she's a talented actress. I caught myself feeling sorry for her last week's episode. She's a better actress on RH than a lot of the more seasoned actresses. I kind of had a soft spot for Erika too because she always came across kind of sad to me. I thought she had a temper but that she wasn't out to hurt anyone. I'm really curious what else we'll find out from her this season . . 

• Love 9
25 minutes ago, BusyOctober said:

I honestly don't remember where I saw it (some gossip site linked here) but I read that it was 1.5 million.   

• Useful 3
48 minutes ago, BusyOctober said:

Isn't she just renting that house, though? At least that's what I thought I heard… if so, it's not hers to sell. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 9
12 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

That jumped out to me, too.

I was hoping the Bravo editing monkeys left that in on purpose.  

On the other hand, I kind of snickered to myself when she was bragging about her stint in Chicago.  To my knowledge, there are no residuals from Broadway performances so whatever she was paid (and considering embezzled money from their victims Tom probably bankrolled it, she's not seeing any income from a show she is no longer a part of.  

Interesting how she's suddenly so warm and forthcoming with the other women now.  Probably praying that Bravo invites her scheming ass back for another season since she no longer has victims' money to spend and needs the Bravo paycheck is essentially Down and Out in Beverly Hills.

On a personal note, it turned my stomach to see her new house.  So lovely...and far, far more than she deserves.  

• Love 17
16 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

She is renting the new house. But, yes, I noticed that too. Good to know that she has so many income sources since the judge ruled the victims can pursue her money. They can play that clip in court right after she insists how broke she is.

• Love 17
On 7/1/2021 at 10:27 PM, hatchetgirl said:

Isn't he la sheriff? The sheriff's in la are currently being seriously looked at. They have multiple gangs in the sheriffs and the chief, sheriff villaneuva, is supposedly tatted up with all of them. Makes me wonder if her son is a complete criminal like her and tom. 

I believe he's LAPD, not LASD.  LAPD has problems, but it is nothing like LASD.  Most of the officer involved shootings and really egregious things that happen in the LA metro area are LASD.  However, it does appear that Erika's son was involved in an officer involved shooting a few years back and there are some public records requests involving him, but I don't have time to dig.  A lot of people mix up LAPD and LASD -- it really drives me nuts when people are protesting LAPD and all the facts they are spouting are LASD.  It's like you do all the research and bring receipts, make sure they are for the right org.  I'm currently fighting with LAPD regarding policy and will be digging into all kinds of back info and pulling data for that, maybe I can dig into Tommy while I'm at it.

• Useful 6
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

On a personal note, it turned my stomach to see her new house.  So lovely...and far, far more than she deserves.  

I’m hoping her next move is to the big house.

• LOL 5
  • Love 12
On 7/7/2021 at 10:20 PM, funnygirl said:

Isn't she just renting that house, though? At least that's what I thought I heard… if so, it's not hers to sell. 

She's talking about the House that Tom owns

• Love 1
12 hours ago, MrsRafaelBarba said:

The hits keep coming.

SavagexFenty has cut ties with Erika.

I did not know she had ties with them, I remember Dorit wearing Fenty and Sutton asked who she was wearing and thought Dorit said Fendi, etc...Dorit should jump on Fenty about doing something together since that little exchange did more to promote Fenty than Erika's association with them, right?

• Useful 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I did not know she had ties with them, I remember Dorit wearing Fenty and Sutton asked who she was wearing and thought Dorit said Fendi, etc...Dorit should jump on Fenty about doing something together since that little exchange did more to promote Fenty than Erika's association with them, right?

She posed in their underwear. I am sure it was one of the social promotional type of things where she posted the shots on her social media accounts and credited underwear to Fenty. 

That kind of thing is how one monetizes a social media account. Whenever a celebrity is pictured in a product, using a product, going to a restaurant or resort it is all based on promotional benefit to the celebrity. 

Like all of those "fake" pictures where stars are surprised at the grocery store or drug store just happening to be showing a shampoo to the camera :-).

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
(edited)
9 hours ago, bosawks said:

The more and more I see Erika carry the brunt of the publicity for this the more suspicious I become.

I think she has the typical culpability of a third wife of an already established much older rich husband in not caring in how he got or keeps his money and will do what is told to keep the house of cards from tumbling down.  But she doesn't seem to suffer from a surfeit of curiosity so I doubt the ins and outs of the machinations was something she demanded.

But the more attention on her then the less on the California Bar and the specific people who allowed this to happen.  Their global mea culpa of "oops" means nothing to me.  What did that outside auditor discover.  Those are the names I want before we get to Erika.  Tom being the only one at the firm that knew what he was doing, please, I call bullshit.

Regarding dereliction of duty and culpability Erika is on that list but she is not on the top of that list and the more she drives the publicity train the more concerned I get that the truly guilty, beyond Tom, won't pay the appropriate price.

The only Malibu I want to see her in is a used Chevy on her way to her job at Target.

These others I want to see in jail.

I agree 100%. Everybody had to be real stupid to not see what he was up to. He obviously legitimately made lots and lots of millions - but he was spending like he was a billionaire. Private planes, $20M minimum on Erika Jayne’s “career”, LeAnne Rimes and Jay Leno performing at company parties etc. 

I used to work for a company where the guy who owned it was probably a legit billionaire (his brother is one of the richest people in the country - so he was the “less successful” one). They paid pretty well and I always looked forward to my Honey Baked Ham at Christmas. We did have a box at the Verizon Center, but that was about the extent of it.

I’m pretty sure he flew first class and not a private charter when he came to visit DC from Orange County too (I had to wear pantyhose and pumps though when he did - that sucked).

Erika though reminds me of a magnet on my fridge. It’s a cartoon of a headhunter dancing around a fire with a bloody head. It says “Maybe if Kelli hadn’t been such a bitch they wouldn’t have voted her off the Island”. 

Edited by Jennifersdc
Incredibly minor grammar
  • Love 9
28 minutes ago, Jennifersdc said:

I’m pretty sure he flew first class and not a private charter when he came to visit DC from Orange County too (I had to wear pantyhose and pumps though when he did - that sucked).

I worked for a couple of attorneys in the late 80's who made us wear dresses/skirts with hose.  Drove me nuts.  Then they had the balls to call a meeting and tell the ladies "we don't want our girls to have a naked face!  Make up and lipstick!"  ugh!

• LOL 3
24 minutes ago, hatchetgirl said:

I worked for a couple of attorneys in the late 80's who made us wear dresses/skirts with hose.  Drove me nuts.  Then they had the balls to call a meeting and tell the ladies "we don't want our girls to have a naked face!  Make up and lipstick!"  ugh!

Seriously. At least that was late 80’s. This was 2015!

But in their somewhat defense all the men in the Newport Beach office had to wear suits everyday. And the ladies pantyhose! Commercial real estate in general cut that shit out around 1999.

We were an office of about 10 people in DC on a “don’t ask - don’t tell” policy.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, hatchetgirl said:

I worked in a data center on the late 80’s. Had to wear skirts, panty hose, and heels even when I worked the weekend shift. We weren’t customer facing at all. Nothing like having to pull up floor tiles to run cables in that get up.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 7/7/2021 at 9:31 PM, BusyOctober said:

I don't know if Erica slipped up. I actually don't think she's all that smart (or else she wouldn't be in this mess), but she's smart enough to know she'd be investigated and that they'd find her businesses and so on. It was also interesting that on a recent episode, the cameras basically toured her home for all to see.

I think there might be some strategy with all this. She's showing us what she knows they'll find anyway - in an effort to make herself seem innocent, i.e. would a guilty person put all this on tv? I think it's a subtle PR move and also an attempt to divert attention away from hidden stuff to visible stuff.

On 7/9/2021 at 8:49 AM, bosawks said:

The more and more I see Erika carry the brunt of the publicity for this the more suspicious I become.

I think she has the typical culpability of a third wife of an already established much older rich husband in not caring in how he got or keeps his money and will do what is told to keep the house of cards from tumbling down.  But she doesn't seem to suffer from a surfeit of curiosity so I doubt the ins and outs of the machinations was something she demanded.

But the more attention on her then the less on the California Bar and the specific people who allowed this to happen.  Their global mea culpa of "oops" means nothing to me.  What did that outside auditor discover.  Those are the names I want before we get to Erika.  Tom being the only one at the firm that knew what he was doing, please, I call bullshit.

Regarding dereliction of duty and culpability Erika is on that list but she is not on the top of that list and the more she drives the publicity train the more concerned I get that the truly guilty, beyond Tom, won't pay the appropriate price.

The only Malibu I want to see her in is a used Chevy on her way to her job at Target.

These others I want to see in jail.

I love this post. The points were made very well.

I agree with all of it - for now. Things point in the direction of Erica being a willing partner in crime with Tom but we won't know for sure for a long time. Either way, and assuming there are different levels of criminal behavior, the Bar and the Firm are bigger and more dangerous criminals than Erica Jayne, and they should be the primary focuses (alongside Tom) accordingly. I hope that isn't lost in the Erica Jayne shuffle.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 10

I agree with the Machiavellian PR strategy. Erika is extremely cunning and crafty. She came up through strip clubs and then L.A. I suspect that all along she has crafted a plausible deniability strategy. Dorit has probably done the same thing, and possibly LVP.

80s paternalism: when I was a newscaster at a big network's local affiliate, they tried to send us to charm school.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
On 7/9/2021 at 2:04 PM, Jennifersdc said:

Seriously. At least that was late 80’s. This was 2015!

But in their somewhat defense all the men in the Newport Beach office had to wear suits everyday. And the ladies pantyhose! Commercial real estate in general cut that shit out around 1999.

We were an office of about 10 people in DC on a “don’t ask - don’t tell” policy.

Irvine! Just down the street and some the corner from you. Lol. But yeah 2015??? What the what?

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, hatchetgirl said:

Irvine! Just down the street and some the corner from you. Lol. But yeah 2015??? What the what?

LOL. Yes. That’s the “more successful” brother. I’m not aware of their dress code.  I’m guessing similar.

It’s probably pretty easy to figure out who I used to work for too. It was the job where my labor lawyer FIL’s resume ended up being very useful (pantyhose was not involved).

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
On 7/7/2021 at 10:46 PM, RealHousewife said:

I noticed that too.

I crack up at the way they describe Erika's new place, "oh it's cute, it's charming." lol They talk like she's living in a studio apartment or a tiny home in the midwest. It's a gorgeous place and probably costs way more than the average viewer's home. She's not roughing it for not living in a mansion. And poor Erika, no housekeeper! She has to do her own laundry! We're supposed to feel sorry for her for adulting? 

Listen, if Erika genuinely had no clue what Tom was up to, of course I feel bad for her. Legal issues have to be some of the biggest headaches, but so far this season, eh. I do think she's a talented actress. I caught myself feeling sorry for her last week's episode. She's a better actress on RH than a lot of the more seasoned actresses. I kind of had a soft spot for Erika too because she always came across kind of sad to me. I thought she had a temper but that she wasn't out to hurt anyone. I'm really curious what else we'll find out from her this season . . 

I think you might have answered your own question about Erica being clueless about what Tom was up to with your observation about what an accomplished actress she is compared with her peers, who have actually had established careers as actresses. Guess she's been doing it for a long time! Insert eyeroll.

• Love 7
On 6/27/2021 at 12:02 PM, psychoticstate said:

I wonder how many partners at Tom's firm knew about that $20 million loan?  

Both Tom and Erika will have to answer to that loan in a bankruptcy hearing.  Tom won't be able to say he just gave his wife a $20 million loan.  He'll have to show documents, how it was going to be repaid, etc. and explain if there are no documents.  They will also have to explain exactly what that money was for and not just some vague reference to funding Erika Jayne and her "career."  

How long before the other Ho'wives start being honest in their confessionals?  They are all being supportive of her at this point but surely once they hear the deets and realize what Tom and Erika have done, they will change their opinions.  

These are some of the victims they stole from, who lost loved ones in a plane crash.  The money these folks should have received for losing a loved one instead went to fund Erika's monthly $40K glam squad bill. 

I read an article that said it was 20 mil over several years, not a lump sum.

• Useful 5
On 6/28/2021 at 2:15 PM, RealHousewife said:

I don't think the others necessarily like her, but I think Kyle is jealous of her. It's a little too coincidental Kyle has always gotten into it with the hot blondes. I remember on the Paris trip, Kyle was pretty annoying toward Erika. It almost looked like her true feelings toward Erika were coming out. There was also snapping at Erika about her not having friends. Without naming names, Kyle never had that short fuse with less attractive housewives. 

It's a possibility, but everybody doesn't buy into the "hot blonde" trope.  Could your post be projection?  

• LOL 1

I want to know why so many people are convinced Erika knew Tom was a scammer.  He was making millions without having to scam.  Marrying Tom was a come up -- why would she know that some of his money wasn't legit?  I don't think most people know every move their significant others make at work.  Do we really think Tom was calling Erika to boast every time he mishandled funds?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 7/11/2021 at 6:05 AM, Talented Tenth said:

I want to know why so many people are convinced Erika knew Tom was a scammer.  He was making millions without having to scam.  Marrying Tom was a come up -- why would she know that some of his money wasn't legit?  I don't think most people know every move their significant others make at work.  Do we really think Tom was calling Erika to boast every time he mishandled funds?

Reports in the news. Tom's career and the cases he took on were in the news - for a long time.

Either Erica doesn't read or listen to the news or she does and chooses to turn a blind eye and take boatloads of money. Millions perhaps.

The paperwork trail will be the tell-tale, and that won't be fully traced for some time.  Her castmates - and other celeb's - still support her. I'm guessing she's feeding them some line that they believe.  

Edited by Jextella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, Talented Tenth said:

For me its the amount of money and that he was stealing for so long.  I think of it like if my partner embezzled $25K I probably wouldn’t notice because our lifestyle would not be that different from others in the same line of work, but if he embezzled $100K I’d be a fool for not noticing that we lived significantly differently from his colleagues.  Add to that if he was constantly being accused by a professional board I’d think something was off.

• Love 15
12 minutes ago, Booger666 said:

For me its the amount of money and that he was stealing for so long.

Plus she was also an officer of one of the shell companies. Not to mention her behavior after all this came out.

• Useful 2
  • Love 15
12 minutes ago, Booger666 said:

For me its the amount of money and that he was stealing for so long.  I think of it like if my partner embezzled $25K I probably wouldn’t notice because our lifestyle would not be that different from others in the same line of work, but if he embezzled $100K I’d be a fool for not noticing that we lived significantly differently from his colleagues.  Add to that if he was constantly being accused by a professional board I’d think something was off.

Totally agree! Small time $$ can easily go unnoticed. I went to work at a place about a year after my ex-husband and I split. He was an a assistant manager there when we were married and the owner told me he was stealing and there was no way I couldn't have known. It was fast food, in the 80s, he got a paper check that he cashed on the way home, he handled all of our money and I was clueless as to what was in his wallet (not much, since we were broke teenagers). If he'd suddenly had a few hundred extra dollars it would have raised my suspicion...but he could have easily told me a story about an annual bonus or something. If he brought home 2 grand (like 20 million to us lol) I would have absolutely known something shady went down. 

• Love 6
On 6/27/2021 at 12:02 PM, psychoticstate said:

How long before the other Ho'wives start being honest in their confessionals?  They are all being supportive of her at this point but surely once they hear the deets and realize what Tom and Erika have done, they will change their opinions.  

I was happy to read the description of the upcoming episode.

• Love 4
(edited)

Personally - I don’t think she knew enough to be criminally liable (but who knows - maybe she is). But everybody else sure should have. She probably should at least confer with a criminal attorney though.

She’s lying her ass off though about “not knowing nothing”. She’s known for at least a couple of years that something very shady was going on. There is no reason a law firm of that size and scope should have needed to take on sizable loans to fund operations even if they do cases only on contingency or not, and at minimum the burn victim’s family has been going after him for years. They’re dates in those subpoenas with your name on them.

I’d have more respect for her if she didn’t desert the old man the moment the house of cards collapsed. And now pretend it’s because he was “mean and dismissive”. And no Miss Give No Fucks “gifts” purchased with stolen funds are not “gifts” you get to keep (or should want to). Good luck with that one…

Edited by Jennifersdc
  • Useful 2
  • Love 11
10 hours ago, Jennifersdc said:

Personally - I don’t think she knew enough to be criminally liable (but who knows - maybe she is). But everybody else sure should have. She probably should at least confer with a criminal attorney though.

She’s lying her ass off though about “not knowing nothing”. She’s known for at least a couple of years that something very shady was going on. There is no reason a law firm of that size and scope should have needed to take on sizable loans to fund operations even if they do cases only on contingency or not, and at minimum the burn victim’s family has been going after him for years. They’re dates in those subpoenas with your name on them.

I’d have more respect for her if she didn’t desert the old man the moment the house of cards collapsed. And now pretend it’s because he was “mean and dismissive”. And no Miss Give No Fucks “gifts” purchased with stolen funds are not “gifts” you get to keep (or should want to). Good luck with that one…

Question for you lawyers:  If a “gift” is purchased with community property funds ( one’s own money) is it really a gift - separate property?

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, janiema said:

Question for you lawyers:  If a “gift” is purchased with community property funds ( one’s own money) is it really a gift - separate property?

I’m not familiar with CA law, but in my state, under the laws on equitable distribution, if the gift is given by one spouse to the other, during the marriage and purchased with marital funds, it remains marital and would be divided equitably between the parties at divorce.  Unless, it was the intent of the giver that the gift be separate property and the recipient can prove it....like a card that says, This ring is your separate property, darling.  Enjoy. Lol.  Of course there are rules and exceptions to rules.  I’d question if assets acquired with potentially misappropriated funds could qualify as martial or separate, since the possessor may not have have legal ownership.   

• Useful 6
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

So when Erika was complaining about how her "long conversations" had become on or two sentences from Tom her reaction wasn't to take him to a neurologist but to LEAVE him?   Wow.    

Does this actually surprise you? I don't think the woman possesses an ounce of humanity.

• Love 19
On 7/2/2021 at 12:27 AM, hatchetgirl said:

Isn't he la sheriff? The sheriff's in la are currently being seriously looked at. They have multiple gangs in the sheriffs and the chief, sheriff villaneuva, is supposedly tatted up with all of them. Makes me wonder if her son is a complete criminal like her and tom. 

That’s quite a leap! The guy hasn’t been on the show for a reason, he clearly wants his personal life to stay that way.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10