Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E08: Start To Finish

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

I was distracted by the ants at the very beginning.  Maybe it's because I don't get AMC in HD, but those ants looked so CGI to me (I'm assuming that they--at least the ones on the window/wall--were), but they looked so superimposed.  And fake.  Very distracting.

It just made us think of this

fdbycglajzvgywfym82l.jpg

• Love 11

I know it was mentioned before, but not putting any gore goop on their faces or hair - Carl still wearing the hat! - doesn't attract walkers' attention?!  AND Judith doesn't get squirmy and make distressed noises being covered like that, as well as being surrounded by the horrible smell of the walker innards??  Uh huh.  *facepalms*

Judith is a modern post-ZA baby. The smell of Walker guts is probably more familiar to her than the two weeks of clean clothes she's been wearing. She's also a smart baby and quick learner. She survived Lizzie and Lizzie's suffocating hand. She probably never cried again, even when the skinny white dude wripped her from the arms of the big black teddy bear dude.

• Love 13

This show... how many times are they going to do the stumble/twisted ankle bit? I wonder if there's a count for how many times it has happened in the series, per season, per character, etc?

Such a hackneyed way of trying to instill a sense of danger.

• Love 9

Here I was, Midseason Finale, walkers all over the place, lets go! to WTF more talking and every one acting like idiots. 

Morgan needs to go now. No, Morgan sociopathic murderers that hack people up for no reason are not precious lives to be saved. Especially when they continue to tell you they will keep on killing people. Morgan's not better, he's even more insane than he was before. 

Carol you are better than that, she should've knocked Morgan out before going after the wolf. Or killed him, he's become more annoying than Father PP. 

Deanna finally learned to shot the walkers in the head. However for me a better save the day from her would've been if she volunteered to throw herself on the walkers to give everyone else a chance to escape instead of asking Michonne what she wants to be when she grows up.  

• Love 16

Well, the only character that I enjoyed tonight was Carl. Everyone else...meh.

Enough with Morgan and the "life is precious" nonsense. The whole thing has gone too far. I wish that he and Wolfie had run off together. Not holding out much hope for poor Denise.

The Porchdick brothers can get eaten at any time.

This was a disappointing MSF. I am slowly losing interest because of the unending line of sadists/crazies and the lack of meaningful character development.

Edited by Ellaria Sand
  • Love 13

Anyway, my snarkage:

What kind of twisted kid listens to "tiptoe thru the tulips" over and over?  Did Sam suddenly gain Aspergers?  And why, when the walkers are in the house do they not get Sam's ass out of his bedroom and shut off that music?

Sam is secretly the demon from Insidious.

• Love 12

Add me to the list of "people who are getting over this show." My SO just said to me: "I'm thinking this show is approaching shark-jumping." Fonzie (errr...Darryl), strap on those skis!

I can't really add anything as most of my complaints have been addressed, especially the Morgan/Carol character assassinations and the "people generally acting like idiots" issue. And also, I'm already sick of Negan (sorry, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, who I usually like).

Ugh.

• Love 9

What was with Sam's ant parade?

I moved to Georgia eight years ago and I was shocked at the first ant parade that invaded my house. It happens several times a year and looks just like Sam's. One moment there's nothing, and the next there's a thousand.

• Love 5

I'm wondering why TPTB are hell-bent on running a top rated show into the ground. And just when I think I've seen the furthest extent of their arrogance, further than I ever could've imagined, they try to coerce me into watching a show I am not the least interested in by stashing a major WD preview within. Fuck. That.

• Love 16

I moved to Georgia eight years ago and I was shocked at the first ant parade that invaded my house. It happens several times a year and looks just like Sam's. One moment there's nothing, and the next there's a thousand.

I think it was about the half eaten cookie he won't throw away. I vaguely remember Carol giving him cookies, maybe it was supposed to have some oh so deep meaning that he won't throw it away.

I guess? Maybe?

• Love 3

Well, the only character that I enjoyed tonight was Carl. Everyone else...meh.

Enough with Morgan and the "life is precious" nonsense. The whole thing has gone too far. I wish that he and Wolfie had run off together.

Not a bad idea. Carol should have untied Wolfie, tied him to Morgan, then shoved them outside with a "Best of luck!"

• Love 19

they try to coerce me into watching a show I am not the least interested in by stashing a major WD preview within. Fuck. That.

Early next year, Talking Dead will be replaced by Talking Badlands, hosted by George Takei.

Edited by paigow
  • Love 9

WHY is Ron not dead? WHY? The little shit dead, that's all I wanted for the MSF...by the way, does it stand for Morons Stupid Festival, now? 

Oh, Carl. I've loved you for so long and I cheered for you because you're badass and unfazed and decent. I wish I had some Carl and Michonne scenes. I miss those.

I was back and forth on Deanna but she went like a boss. I liked her scenes with Rick and loved her scenes with Michonne. Imo, it fit Deanna to ask Michonne what she wanted, it was coherent with her drawing the plans. I'd like more than survival for Michonne and I'd like to know what she wants for "after". Hopefully, this will be explored in a storyline about her, in the rest of the season. 

So I'm mighty pissed off that Deanna was the one to die whereas I had a handful of better candidates. I can't believe that I root for FPP, of all people, to survive before the Porchdicks. I had hopes for Sam but he's doomed. Had he been with Carol, he could have made it imo. She, at least, knew how to deal with him.

I'm Team Carol.The timing of killing the Wolf wouldn't have been a problem for me in absolute, on the opposite. They have to deal with a herd of Walkers and the last thing they need is a dangerous individual ready to literally stab them in the back and/or make things even worse. It's a huge liability. It isn't as if it doesn't happen all the time (last example: in this very episode, Die Ron Die). The problem is imo that Morgan interfered and was ready to fight/kill her in order to protect a psychopath. I can understand Carol's reasoning, I can't understand Morgan's and the result of his actions is as appalling as Ron's.

I agree nevertheless that it doesn't look like Carol to be so hellbent on confronting him instead of retreating and going behind his back again. I guess we'll know later if she was under the effect of a concussion or if it was Plot talking in her place.

In general, way too much airtime went to the Alexandrians and not enough to the characters I care about, and it's been a constant so far this season. I was taking the interactions between the latter without interlopers like gulps of fresh air, even when they didn't talk, like Rick and Carl looking at each other or Rick and Michonne gutting the Walkers, and Glenn seeing Maggie made me happy. I miss the Grimes/Michonne/Dary/Carol/Glenn/Maggie interactions. I like some of the previous "batch" of additions (Rosita, Tara, etc.) but not as much, and they can't replace the characters who are the core of the show for me. When scenes are only about them, I have to admit that I don't care very much and I'm beginning to resent the fact that Daryl is isolated with Abraham and Sasha instead of being with his bro Rick and the gang.

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 11

I have to say that I disagree with most of the criticism about this season. I think that overall it has been good so far. It started off strong and had some weaknesses, but the last two episodes have been very good. I have to two main criticisms of this season:

1.  Too many episodes focusing on a few characters. Some people criticize season 2, but I thought the farm and later the prison were some of the show's best character pieces. Having all of Rick's people together having to make tough moral decisions like the debate over Randall, the conflict about continuing to search for Sophia, and later on everyone having to step up when Rick had his breakdown, or having to scavenge and stay on the move. When was the last time they were all together? Maybe when they first arrived in Alexandria. I miss all of them together.

2. The artist scenes/moral plays at the most inappropriate times. Morgan getting into it with Carol tonight is the perfect example. There are walkers all around them. How can we buy into the urgency and terror of the situation when they are bickering over killing this guy? Come on.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 19

Morgan should have handled that wolf the way he handled a woman. He is no better than Porchdick.

Carol was coming at him with a knife, unless you're saying Jessie caused porchdick to abuse her I think you're missing the mark.

• Love 8

Damn, how did they manage to do a massive herd incursion that still involved mainly waiting around? And where the only death was the woman who has been wearing a "kill me" sign pinned to her back for the past month?
I have to admit that the show surprised me with the wolf. I thought there was no way that the wolf could cause harm now that Carol already knew about him last episode. I never thought the show would be dumb enough to give her a concussion just to make the situation almost plausible.

• Love 5

I can't believe that they are getting out of the truck. Has everyone lost their fucking minds on this show?

Yes,  more stupidity on an episode already pretty full of it. First, Sasha is all "Daryl, look" like they wouldn't have seen the band of bikers blocking the roadway until they are right on top of them (although in the ZA, apparently no one ever sees danger until its right in front of their faces. At least in some shows you can use the RW idiocy of earbuds and smart phones to excuse the complete lack of self-awareness in characters.Oy.)

And then, seeing these guys with weapons no yet drawn, they decide to pull over and see what's going on? Instead of gunning it and shooting them with their own automatic weapons? 

But of course, as long as it can be used to set up the almighty Negan, it's perfectly cool in the writer's book of hackisms.

And don't even get me started on the stupid kid. "Mom? Mom?" 

This show is much better when it just uses Kirkman's work as a guideline, rather than adapting it word for word from the page. There was a time when the showrunners recognized that.

• Love 15

What the heck is Morgan trying to prove? He's more annoying that the preacher ever was. He's a good actor saddled with an annoying, improbable character. Carol needed to kill him. And now the introduction of another ridiculously verbose indulgent character, this time a biker villain. Is that what people are doing in the ZA? Sitting around studying thesaurus' and reading Tennessee Williams plays?

• Love 14

I didn't mind that people didn't die, but so much seemed off to me. First off: we didn't need the lingering shot of ants crawling over a cookie. We are smart viewers, we don't need such blatant symbolism since we already knew the walkers were swarming in. Having Sam with the dark circles under his eyes, acting like he was drugged and listening to the God awful Tip Toe Thru the Tulips was just overkill. 

Then when they were smearing the guts, Jessie appeared to have totally forgot about her son, the one who easily freaks out and it sure looked like she was walking right out of there without him. And was Judith just left behind in some random room with walkers roaming the house? it looked like it. And no, no real baby would be content hiding under a cape o guts with no way to actually breathe, but I have to let it go cause I want Judy to stay around.

Then Carol: No way would she have not jumped into helping her friends or trying to deal with the herd. One lone wolf who is tied up is nothing compared to the hundreds of walkers. As with Sam, I don't know if they are trying to make out she was not in the right frame of mind. 

Morgan: I love Morgan and I also don't believe Morgan would give one minute of thought to arguing about the wolf when all hell is breaking loose. Just doesn't make sense.

As for the two minute extra, was the guy talking supposed to be Neagan? I don't read the comics and thought Jeffrey Dean Morgan was supposed to be him. Anyway, can't we get through the walker hoard and the wolves before meeting the next bad group? It just seems ridiculous that there are so many bad groups (or ineffectual groups), and our group led by Rick is the only good one. And Abraham looks like an idiot in the uniform.

• Love 9

Yes,  more stupidity on an episode already pretty full of it. First, Sasha is all "Daryl, look" like they wouldn't have seen the band of bikers blocking the roadway until they are right on top of them (although in the ZA, apparently no one ever sees danger until its right in front of their faces. At least in some shows you can use the RW idiocy of earbuds and smart phones to excuse the complete lack of self-awareness in characters.Oy.)

And then, seeing these guys with weapons no yet drawn, they decide to pull over and see what's going on? Instead of gunning it and shooting them with their own automatic weapons? 

They didn't even have to open fire on or ram the bikers.  They could have slammed the truck into reverse and had biker's shooting at them while they are in a fuel truck.  I mean anyone who has ever confronted the reality of 'they ate Bob' should have slammed it into reverse and tried to avoid confrontation with a larger group.  I think that would have been more suspenseful than saying Negan's name.  Any one who is going to have an idea of who that is has already seen the casting news.

• Love 7

The ants on the cookie repulsed me more than 99% of the walker-caused deaths on this show.

Deanna was surprisingly benevolent towards Rick at the end. I would not have been. I would have been thinking, "Before Rick, I had a husband, two beautiful children, my health, and a peaceful community. After Rick, I have a dead husband, a dead son, another son in mortal peril, a community overrun by walkers, and a wound that will kill me. I am not feeling so great about that."

I mean, Deanna's a good person, but wouldn't anyone be bitter and resentful towards the man whose arrival in her town coincided with the beginning of a series of events that stripped her of pretty much everything she held dear? I think any person, regardless of their moral fibre, would not be spending their last moments praising Rick's parenting and beard-growing abilities, but rather cursing him for ruining his/her life. That's just human nature. Deanna's behaviour struck me as supremely unrealistic. It seemed to be a way for the writers to let Rick off the hook for his shitty decisions.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 19

Early next year, Talking Dead will be replaced by Talking Badlands, hosted by George Takei.

How dare you conflict me like that?

Sit through a terrible show that used to be good... for a show with Chris Hardwick?

Or sit through a show that was never meant to be good on its own... for a show with Tak?

I must admit that I am tentatively voting for your proposal.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 7

It looks like the powers that be think the best way to spend the mid-season hiatus is to have a little fan-war.  Heck it worked in season 4.  They picked the right character to get fans worked up.  Lynch mobs are springing up all over for Morgan.  Suddenly Father Gabriel is no longer the Bad Negro.  I guess Seth doesn't have to worry about being booed at fan events any more.  Lennie James better get some security.  He can ask Emily Kinney who she hired.

Poor Sam.  Nobody seems to remember that the poor child grew up in an abusive home and has been terrorized by Queen Carol for a while now.  Carol put him in fear of monsters and now he's going to have to go out and walk around with them.  His mother's no help.  Nobody has bothered to take the time to realize just how disturbed this child is

The only good part was Tovah and Danai.  The passing of the torch between Deanna and Michonne was lovely.  I hope that Michonne starts living her own life and that that means staying as far away from Rick Grimes as possible.

• Love 8

I never understood when LEOs or any other folks give up their guns in a hostage situation when they're five feet away. Ten, twenty sure, but five? And these people are trained to aim for the head.

It only happens on TV and in the movies. Clearly the best chance for Denise and the rest of them was for Rosalita to try to shoot the Wolf in the head.

Three people give up guns to one guy with a knife?

• Love 10

I'm not going to blame Morgan for bodyslamming Carol, domestic abuse victim or not. She was slashing at him with a knife; he was entitled to defend himself. Sure, she was right about the Wolf, but she shouldn't have started waving a knife around to get her way, either.

I agree with the observation that it's out of character for Carol to force a direct confrontation when she can get what she wants by stealth, subterfuge and surprise. Morgan even told her that their beef could wait, and she at least appeared receptive. Why not just pretend to agree with Morgan and drop it, only to off the Wolf quietly later on in secret? It makes no sense for Carol to force the issue at that moment, especially when Morgan is armed. She's smarter than that. The only explanation that makes any sense is that the concussion addled Carol's brains. She wasn't her usual cool, composed self: she was sweating, she was shaking, and she didn't even seem to be listening to Morgan.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 17

I wait all fucking season for the stupid Alexandrians to die and all we get is Deanna? Argh!

Also Morgan is dead to me. The one bright spot is that everyone is going to turn on him after this.

While in the bigger scheme of things, I think Carol was right, the wolf had to die, at that moment I agreed with Morgan. It was the worst possible time to try to settle the matter. Carol should have snuck in later or gotten the whole group to overrule and overwhelm Morgan, after the crisis was over.

• Love 10

Well, that kinda sucked.  Poor pacing.

I am glad they used the walker guts again...but shit, um you need to put them on your face too. That was just stupid.

That little shit Sam is going to get them all killed.

• Love 2

It's Uhmerikah, for god's sake. And aren't they in the South? What happened to prying it out of some cold dead hands?

haha@ Uhmerikah. I really can't believe they're making so many of them out to be so stupid. Morgan should have let Carol take care of the wolf, since he's so afraid of going crazy again. And why doesn't Michonne make more of the zombies she had when she was introduced? 

It did amuse me when the Unfair Wolf, said that nothing is unfair anymore, just because of the nickname.

I know I'm alone but I am losing interest in this show.

No, you aren't alone. This was better than the past few weeks, but it should have been longer. As much as I've liked Morgan (until now), if he can get a ninety-minute episode, then the finale could have been that long. 

Sam, I actually like, so I'm afraid for him, and wish he'd learned to not say anything. I also thought it looked like his mum had totally forgotten about him. I know she was busy, but my mother wouldn't have left me there alone - she'd have had me in with everyone else. 

PD Jr, is an idiot. 

I hope the doctor survives, although I don't know how she will with all of the walkers out there.

I'm not watching the new show, just to see a preview of something that's three months away. I still have no interest in it. 

I'm glad Maggie made it. I was afraid she'd go over with the ladder. And FPP!! Nice to see he's catching up, and really helping.

Shame to see Deanna go. 

It's Uhmerikah, for god's sake. And aren't they in the South? What happened to prying it out of some cold dead hands?

haha@ Uhmerikah. I really can't believe they're making so many of them out to be so stupid. Morgan should have let Carol take care of the wolf, since he's so afraid of going crazy again. And why doesn't Michonne make more of the zombies she had when she was introduced? 

It did amuse me when the Unfair Wolf, said that nothing is unfair anymore, just because of the nickname.

I know I'm alone but I am losing interest in this show.

No, you aren't alone. This was better than the past few weeks, but it should have been longer. As much as I've liked Morgan (until now), if he can get a ninety-minute episode, then the finale could have been that long. 

Sam, I actually like, so I'm afraid for him, and wish he'd learned to not say anything. I also thought it looked like his mum had totally forgotten about him. I know she was busy, but my mother wouldn't have left me there alone - she'd have had me in with everyone else. 

PD Jr, is an idiot. 

I hope the doctor survives, although I don't know how she will with all of the walkers out there.

I'm not watching the new show, just to see a preview of something that's three months away. I still have no interest in it. 

I'm glad Maggie made it. I was afraid she'd go over with the ladder. And FPP!! Nice to see he's catching up, and really helping.

Shame to see Deanna go. 

• Love 2

Deanna was surprisingly benevolent towards Rick at the end. I would not have been. I would have been thinking, "Before Rick, I had a husband, two beautiful children, my health, and a peaceful community. After Rick, I have a dead husband, a dead son, another son in mortal peril, a community overrun by walkers, and a wound that will kill me. I am not feeling so great about that."

I'd like to think at some point she realized that the dangers outside of walls would have gotten to them eventually and still hating rick is completely illogical. 

• Her husband is dead because of one of her own people who was beating his wife and children.
  • The walkers in the canyon would have got them en masse without Rick. Some are there now but it could have been a lot worse.
  • The Wolves would have gotten them without Rick because of the lost photos showing the place existed. One of her own people did that.
  • The new big bad was probably going to come whether Rick was there or not since they had "things."
  • Maybe she even realized that her living son is kind of a douche bag and none of these people would steal food from a pantry.

None of those things had to do with Rick. Her people needed to fight and because of Rick they are much better prepared to do so than under her rule.

Even the actress stated that the character had grown and wasn't the same woman we met at the start of the season, thanks to Rick she is a bad ass "samurai." Instead of killing herself, she figured she'd take a few with her. I think that arc fits pretty clearly with what we saw.

As for Morgan ... 

His return was like we made a wish to an evil genie. We wanted "Morgan" back, and the genie said, "OKAY!" but we weren't specific enough so now we're stuck with this psycho version of "Morgan" because "a lot" has happened to him since we saw him last.  Next time, we should write it out with bullet points. 

Edited by FiveByFive
  • Love 22

I don't really understand all the kudos for Deanna.  Ineffectual leader, apparently a less than stellar mother.  "I'll just hide in this truck with one of the few able-bodied men as a personal bodyguard."  Needed to be at machete practice, because she was still shooting walkers square in the chest at the top of the episode.  Knowing she's on the verge of walkerhood, she decides to visit the baby.  Questionable choices right up to the very end.

At least she finally managed a head shot.  Woot.

ETA:  forgot soybeans.

Can we please add that she didn't save the last bullet for herself? The last walker she killed is moot, as she is about to become one. And she may likely have created a situation where someone she knows, such as her own son, has to kill her or, more likely, get killed as they struggle with killing a friend/mom/former mayor.

On the second floor, though? (And that cookie has only been there a day.)

Speaking of, as much as I don't like Jessie and her stupid owl sculpture that fell and added to the noise to attract the walkers, I can't fault her for letting Sam stay upstairs for now. It has only been one day!

To those ripping Daryl and co. for getting out of the truck, I would just remind everyone what type of truck they're driving.

Mythbusters would like to have a word with you.

One bonus to watching the second showing? Post credit scene was right there-no Badlands!

Edited by morgankobi
  • Love 3

I could have sworn Michonne muttered something when Rick suggested they cover themselves in walker guts. I think it was along the lines of "duh, why didn't I remember this during episode 3?"

I enjoyed Deanna and her heart-to-heart with Michonne, but the second conversation started with Michonne telling her the walkers are inside. So by all means, put your feet up and have a good 'ole chat, no rush.

Carl/Ron: Carl telling it to him straight was awesome. And it's so teenager for them both to then look up at their skeptical parents all "What? Nothing happened" and then run off and continue their scuffle.

Man Heath has just disappeared the last few episodes. And not enough Aaron! And I don't expect Denise to be a fighter, but letting the W take you outside? Fuck no she would not.

I was all for the season opener being 90 minutes. And I feel it worked. This should have been the same.

Edited by dannymoon
  • Love 8

It looks like the powers that be think the best way to spend the mid-season hiatus is to have a little fan-war.  Heck it worked in season 4.  They picked the right character to get fans worked up.  Lynch mobs are springing up all over for Morgan.  Suddenly Father Gabriel is no longer the Bad Negro.  I guess Seth doesn't have to worry about being booed at fan events any more.  Lennie James better get some security.  He can ask Emily Kinney who she hired.

Poor guy. I wonder if he's moved closer to the rest of the cast, now that he's acting more like part of the team. I remember the actor saying that he deliberately lived away from them, when he first started filming, and Andrew Lincoln asked him if he'd move into town eventually. 

• Love 1

I'd like to think at some point she realized that the dangers outside of walls would have gotten to them eventually and still hating rick is completely illogical.

Who is logical when they've lost a child, let alone a husband and a child? Who is logical when seeing their life's mission destroyed? Who is logical when they are faced with imminent, 100% certain death? Who is logical when they are wounded, feverish, and in great pain?

Deanna being serene and accepting towards Rick in general and in particular in this episode, especially given that she was nearly catatonic with grief over her husband's death not days before, is some bullshit.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 6

After this season I am ready to walk away. There was no effort from the writers. When the highlight of the boring season is waiting up to see Meryl on Talking Dead something has gone sideways with the show.

Won't need to rewatch this season and I get to go to bed early because Into the Badlands with the cheap version of George Clooney took over TD's spot.

• Love 5

Who is logical when they've lost a child, let alone a husband and a child? Who is logical when seeing their life's mission destroyed? Who is logical when they are faced with imminent, 100% certain death? Who is logical when they are wounded, feverish, and in great pain?

This world isn't the same as our world. People have been dying around them for quite a while now. There are actual dead people roaming around eating people. The people in that world have to snap out of these things a bit more quickly.  While she was slower than Jesse's kids she was still their "other" leader for a reason. 

She started the season sure of herself, had her beliefs shaken to their core, hit her low point when she nearly died while stabbing a walker in the chest and not the head and probably realized that, yeah, her people do suck at fighting. 

It was time for something to change. I just feel like all of that grieving and anger she probably already had spent the bulk of her time on the show dealing with and was on the path to getting over it. 

• Love 4

I couldn't stand the despotic governor storyline. I was so happy when it was finally over. Then we got Dawn, the despotic cop. And here we go with another despotic, psycho bad guy apparently with this Negan.

I don't read the comics, so I have no idea where it's going as far as his character. And I don't want to know. And I don't care about the actor playing him. I just hope his storyline is over as quickly as when they actually got to to Terminus and got right back out again within a couple episodes.

And please, let it at least finally involve the whole cast being onscreen together again.

Edited by FierceCritter
  • Love 13

I don't know, I wondered the same thing.  I think maybe it was some artsy foreshadowing of the walkers swarming all over the town.  

I thought they were setting up a nice match-dissolve, with the swarming ants becomeing swarming walkers.

But, no, so all it was was symbolism. And symbolism that wasn't really needed.

• Love 7

During the Fight scene with Morgan, Carol seemed to be regressing back to when she shot those two at the prison.

I think when she finds out the aftermath of it all, she's going to wish she had of really went through with her threat to Sam... about tying him to a tree so the walkers could devour him.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 1

Why is it that every group is strong, organized, and somewhat isolated until CDB comes along, and then conflict ensues and everything blows up?  Why haven't the wolfs and Degan's group had it out with each other long before our merry group arrives ... and why hasn't either group had conflict with the Alexandrian's until CDB arrives?  It's lazy writing.  It seem like it would be more realistic for CDB to arrive in Alexandria with the feuds between these different "clans" already existing, and then having them affect the dynamic by their presence.

• Love 12