Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E08: Start To Finish

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

Well, that was oddly anticlimactic. Even the post credits scene didn't do much for me. 

I really wish this ep had been 90 minutes. Maybe then, we could have checked in with Maggie, Spencer, Aaron, Heath, and the rest of the ASZ Redshirt Brigade.

Edited by Rosiejuliemom
  • Love 13

Ok, so nobody (but Deanna) died, but we get left with the cliffhanger of Sam going full!Sam.  Also, you can't tell me that Jessie crying over telling Sam to pretend to be brave was just because of the whole mess going on, and overall fear of what they were going to be doing - she knows he's walker chow; maybe taking her and Ron with him.

6B premiere = the (pretty much mostly) D/A/S show, too.  WONDERFUL.  [/sarcasm]

ENOUGH with the coddling of people trying to kill you!!!  First the Wolf, now Ron, then the Wolf again, followed another round of Ron and finally rounding back to Wolf for more.  God.

Morgan has made himself an enemy of CDB (& viewers) unwittingly.  Christ.  And to think I was so excited to see him at the end of last season too.

FPP, Ron, and Sam can die soon [please!], once 6B starts up again.  Here's to hoping Spencer ended up walker chow as well.

So the "help" was Eugene.  Weird.  Sounded nothing like him at the time, back at the end of a couple eps back.

Deanna possibly eating Judith... why, pray tell, was she not restrained in any way beforehand - nor afterwards??  CDB, indeed.  Also, you're telling me that Judith was going to be completely quiet underneath the gore sheet between the start of the mission and reaching the armory.  Ooooooh-k.  Was she suckling on one of Carl's teets, or what??

• Love 10

She is not bright. If you need to end yourself, why are you wasting bullets on walkers. There was no need for her to open that door.

I think she did it as a noise distraction. The shooting and screaming.

• Love 8

Oh for God's sakes, NEVER give up your weapon in a ZA.

Morgan is an idiot, and I wish Carol had killed him and the wolf.

Is it possible Rick and Company have homing devices that attract walker herds?  Because wherever they go, massive walker herds are sure to follow to destroy everything in sight.  Which I guess is the point of the show.  However, I keep expecting people to say when they meet Rick, "Rick Grimes group.  We are so out of here before the walker herd shows up.  You can have it all, just don't follow us."

• Love 15

The one saving grace is that this episode did pay homage to Night of the Living Dead with all the zombies breaking into the house from various entry points.  The ending was kind of cliff-hangery, but did no one tell Sam to STFU when they try to sneak by the walkers??  Isn't that an important aspect of the camouflage??

Anyway, my snarkage:

What kind of twisted kid listens to "tiptoe thru the tulips" over and over?  Did Sam suddenly gain Aspergers?  And why, when the walkers are in the house do they not get Sam's ass out of his bedroom and shut off that music?

BTW Porchdick Jr. thanks for bringing the whole herd on your Mom's house.  And thanks Carl & Ron for going into the other room to drama it up while Rick & Jessie are left being the only ones blocking the door with a couch.  (How many couches DID they have???)

Hey, Eugene.  We're trapped in this garage and you know how to pick the lock to the door, but you read a book instead.  My favorite idiot savant has just become a plain idiot.

Of course Maggie has to be in peril on a rickety lookout stand so she can be saved by Glenn.

Morgan, you are just as cray now as you were in Clear.  You just focused your cray in a different direction.

• Love 21

Quite a consolation prize for Deanna, being carried to safety in the arms of Rick...twice! I loved how she went out shooting.......that scream as she fired at the approaching walkers was awesome.

Did anyone see what happened to Tobin after Rosita helped drag him to safety? Where are Aaron and Eric? They are the only people of Alexandria I actually care about. 

Carol, I still love ya babe. Damn you Morgan for putting your hands on her. 

I was hoping Eugene would have stepped up as a hero. He had that huge machete in his hand, but nope.......that icky Wolf just waltzed on out of there with Tara's girlfriend.

Next half of the season seems so far away.....the waiting hurts my soul.

• Love 7

I waited all freaking season to watch for a Walker horde to tear through Alexandria. That was disappointing. I can't believe the only person we saw die was Deanna. No random Alexandrians? We didn't even see the Alexandrians we were introduced to other then Jessie and her children, Denise, and Deanna. What about Heath? Aaron? His husband? Tobin? All those Alexandrians at Matchte practice?

I hated the fight between Carol and Morgan. Not the time or place guys.

MVP tonight goes to Coral. Took away Ron's gun, told him about Porchdick, and carried Judith under the Walker cloak of Invisibility. I wish we'd get a couple more teens who were on his level.

• Love 19

That sneak is exactly what is going wrong with the writing.

They got caught up with thinking it would be an awesome ending to tag the end of the MSF with 'Negan';  but they couldn't come up with an organic way to a do it or a way to do it that didn't make our protagonists morons.  They decided to go for 'its cool' anyway.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 9

Unless they go a different way from the comic, there's no point in that cliffhanger.

Also, the Morgan/Carol fight? Thank you for that show. No really, it's a great thing watching two of my favourite characters being dragged through the mud, and bordering on irredeemable.

I'm really looking foward to the next few weeks of fandom fighting. I will be steering clear of a few sites that were pretty toxic already; I can only imagine what it'll be like after tonight.  

Aaron, Eric, Spencer, did we see any of them? It's kind of a blur right now.

• Love 10
The ending was kind of cliff-hangery, but did no one tell Sam to STFU when they try to sneak by the walkers??  Isn't that an important aspect of the camouflage??

If Sam was freaking out that badly, he should have piggy-backed and been underneath Jessie's poncho. You didn't hear Judith complaining.

• Love 10

Well, he did say he wasn't going to let her kill him, so I don't blame him.  As far as he's concerned, his life is precious, too.

But it wasn't about his life, it was about the Wolf's. So basically he's willing to kill Carol to protect that asshole. I hope they kick him out or he dies. I'm not really interested in his future bullshit angst when he wakes up and realizes that he almost got more people killed with his BS (assuming the doctor doesn't die, which I doubt).

Edited by natyxg
  • Love 19
but did no one tell Sam to STFU when they try to sneak by the walkers??  Isn't that an important aspect of the camouflage??

Even if they did it wouldn't have made a difference because the point is that he's traumatized. Sort of like Nicholas and his freak out at the end.

• Love 3

So much stupid I don't even know where to begin. I laughed my ass off when Morgan body slammed Carol. Even more hilarious was the way she looked like she was taking a peaceful nap on the floor.

Stupid Denise standing there doing nothing as the wolf cuts his ties off. Do something you worthless bitch!

Stupid Tara and Rosita for handing over their guns. The wolf should have shot all their dumb asses.

Stupid Sam calling for his mommy. I fucking hate that kid! Even Judith knows when to shut up.

Another unintentionally funny moment, Deanna hanging over the playpen and traumatizing poor Judith.

• Love 14

Carol needs to kill Morgan (and the greasy Wolf) and Carl needs to kill Ron, in order to rid the world of stupid.

Excellent episode, it flew by - poor Deanna. It's obviously she still doesn't get it, because she choose to be ripped apart by walkers then to die "peacefully" by bullet.

• Love 12

I really liked this episode.  It's up there with the Wolf attack, IMO.

Loved Tara not leaving people behind again.  She started out such an arrogant idiot, and now she's becoming a female Glenn.

Maggie is a badass again.  I felt bad for LC having to do those scenes in such skin tight pants.

The opening reminded me of the scene of Carol seeing Lizzie playing tag with the walker.

The actor playing Denise looked really pretty in this episode.  I thought she was going to psychologically manipulate and talk the wolf down.  Guess her psychiatric skills are as sharp as her medical ones.

I liked the call back to Guts.  I'm sure all the people here complaining about them not doing that will be happy.

Deanna went out like a warrior.  Good for her.

FPP is now totally redeemed in my eyes.  I think it's really pathetic that Eugene was still cowering and calling for help when both Deanna and FPP were stepping up.  It's a disservice to the character.  He doesn't have to be Rambo, but come on.

The way Morgan slammed Carol to the ground could have killed her. Is her life not "precious"? 

I thought Carol went tearing off to get to Judith.  It made sense that she went to eliminate the wolf.  I'm sure she's going to be criticized for that action, but the wolf is stupid enough to go out there hacking at humans even as the walkers attack.  I actually loved the show down between Carol and Morgan because the actors really brought it, and it made sense to the characters.  I hated when he threw Carol down, but I took it as the anger simmering in Morgan that he's been trying to control by not killing.  Wish he'd used it on the wolf.  I want Carol and Morgan to become friends.  They balance each other out.

• Love 11

There was some dialogue of Carol's back when she first got hit in the head (before the Wolf scenes) where I thought her brains were scrambled a bit because it sounded like she was talking about the sick people she killed at the prison.  I'll have to listen to that again.

• Love 7
New episodes in February? Unfair!

The Wolves were probably behind it.

Can we be honest? Jessie was hoping to sneak out of the house without Sam and conveniently "forget him" when asked later. Except that little shit showed up and ruined it.

Right??? They were all getting ready to go, Carl even mentioned their plan with Judith. No one said word one about getting Sam.

• Love 17

That sneak is exactly what is going wrong with the writing.

They got caught up with thinking it would be an awesome ending to tag the end of the MSF with 'Negan';  but they couldn't come up with an organic way to a do it or a way to do it that didn't make our protagonists morons.  They decided to go for 'its cool' anyway.

But for all us folks who don't read the comics this Negan introduction is nothing more than a roadblock.

• Love 5

Can we be honest? Jessie was hoping to sneak out of the house without Sam and conveniently "forget him" when asked later. Except that little shit showed up and ruined it.

If any of her kids she should've left behind its Ron. But then Sam opened his mouth

The Carol and Morgan showdown felt weird to me. Also, Carol didn't seem to be in her right mind.

Hopefully, Morgan can strike a balance between CLEAR and the All Lives Matter philosophies. Protecting one's group is also important. If he doesn't realize the need for balance, someone or multiple people will die as a result.

Good on Carl for taking the gun back from Porchdick Jr. and calling out pdjr's dad for what he was! Still, I kept waiting for something fatal to happen between the boys!

Sam is losing it but then who can blame him? Calling out to his mom in a parade of zombies is not very smart.

Deanna went out like a champ! RIP

It seemed like Denise had a chance to get away from the Wolf while he was fiddling around with the door.

• Love 10

I thought that Tara and Rosita handed over their guns mostly because they couldn't use them anyway. It would draw all the walkers, and then they'd be truly screwed. I figured they pulled their guns on the wolf just out of instinct. Maybe I'm overthinking this.

Also with Daryl, Abe, and Sasha vs. the Neganettes, a couple of those guys had anti-tank guns. There's no way Abe could have shot at them before they blew the truck up. The same for ramming through them. I gotta say that I'm disappointed that TPTB brought Negan into it this early. Can we finish up the ASZ story first, please?

• Love 8