Type keyword(s) to search

Orphan Black in the Media

Holy fucking hell, I didn't expect this ever!

Thanks to the Academy's board who decided this year to change the voting from "ranking all nominees" to "choose your winner only." I don't think the show's popular enough to have gotten her a win on consensus (and it can be divisive even with fans esp of late), but having a core minority of passionate fans who love her performance? Yes, indeed.

Edited by jjjmoss
  • Love 4

The only award I really cared about, and the person I thought had no chance won?? I am so psyched!!! I mean, she could have been nominated for lead actress multiple times and supporting actress multiple times. And she was amazing in all roles.  So thrilled for her.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, OriginalCyn said:

When they announced Tatiana's name, I screamed, followed by a few tears of happiness.

She really deserves one Emmy for each characters she portrayed this season, but I'm satisfied with the one.

I did too.  I scared my dog.

• Love 5

I wonder when the last time an actress from a "genre" show (sci-fi/fantasy/western/or hardcore non-procedural mystery) won the big award?

I think maybe Patricia Arquette for Medium, and that was a fairly piss-poor bit of sci-fi. Before that you probably have to go all the way back to Gillian Anderson.

Whooped and cheered so much I barely heard her speech.

After Rami Malek won (which also made me whoop and cheer), I was afraid to hope they'd both get it. So frickin' happy!

Just wish they had shown a clip of a multi-clone scene.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, justmehere said:

Just wish they had shown a clip of a multi-clone scene.

It would have been nice to get any clips at all of the Best Actress Drama nominees. Only their male counterparts got to have the honor.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

It would have been nice to get any clips at all of the Best Actress Drama nominees. Only their male counterparts got to have the honor.

Yeah, that was pretty lame. I guessed it was about keeping the show on time since it was near the end. Still pretty cheap. It only would have taken an extra couple of minutes.

• Love 2

When they brought Keifer S out to present the award, I took that as a good sign and I was right!!!!!  But ughhh, why did it have to be the second last award, stayed up too late waiting, but I guess we have actually been waiting for years.  I was hoping they would show a clip.  When they called her name, it looked like  one of the other nominees, I couldn't tell which one on my small tv screen, (I think Claire D), it looked like she turned her head in shock like "Who is that?"

• Love 2

I'm so happy that Tatiana finally got recognized for her talent. Being able to play so many different characters and make me forget they are same person, deserves an Emmy. 

I also love seeing other actors congratulate her on twitter.  Actors are just in awe of her as we are. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1

So happy that she's received the recognition she deserves.   A little off topic but did y'all know she has a brother Daniel who's also an actor?  He's going to have a guest starring role on another of my fave programs, Murdoch Mysteries this season.  They look a lot alike

Daniel Maslany

• Love 3

OMG I read this awesome news earlier this morning (I stopped watching awards shows years ago but usually look up clips, speeches, etc online afterward) and I did not scream or whoop, I didn't, but I did sit back, close my eyes and smiled SO big I'm glad no one was watching. I am so so happy for Tatiana, for the show and everyone associated with it, and for the show's fans. 

Massive congrats to Rami Malek too, love love love him as much as I love Tatiana. :-)

• Love 3

Oh my God, its a miracle! People who are actually deserving won a few Emmy's! I cheered like an idiot when Tatiana won, so much so that my neighbors must have thought I was watching sports! I was rooting for either Tatiana or Kerri Russel from The Americans, so as much as I adore Kerri, I am thrilled for Tatiana. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, tennisgurl said:

Oh my God, its a miracle! People who are actually deserving won a few Emmy's! I cheered like an idiot when Tatiana won, so much so that my neighbors must have thought I was watching sports! I was rooting for either Tatiana or Kerri Russel from The Americans, so as much as I adore Kerri, I am thrilled for Tatiana. 

Kerri was the only one I would have been happy for Tat to lose to. Her work on The Americans has constantly amazed me. Solid work, with such emotion. I had written her off as a one note actress years ago and was so surprised when I watched her on the show. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Blackie said:

...When they called her name, it looked like  one of the other nominees, I couldn't tell which one on my small tv screen, (I think Claire D), it looked like she turned her head in shock like "Who is that?"

I thought he miss-pronounced her name, so momentarily I had a "who?" look on my face too.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

I thought he miss-pronounced her name, so momentarily I had a "who?" look on my face too.

He did mispronounced her name. Really ridiculous as he's Canadian and honestly, how hard is it to pronounce Tatiana Maslany? I had a moment as well but the stunned look on her face was all it took for it to sink in that she had won. Later I watched Viola Davis and Kerri Russel when they announced her win and they both looked genuinely happy for her. Taraji not so much but she also looked like she hadn't heard of her or maybe has never watched the show to see her competition. 

Edited by Desiree
31 minutes ago, Desiree said:

I had a moment as well but the stunned look on her face was all it took for it to sink in that she had won.

She knows the same history of the Emmys we do, so it's no surprise she didn't think she had a chance of winning. Even being nominated two years in a row must have seemed miraculous. 

EW: Here's proof Tatiana Maslany's Emmys win broke the internet

Outlets like EW vastly overuse the phrase "broke the Internet" but it's probably fair to say her win has trended a lot.

Anyone have reaction shot of TATIANA's face? I found one YouTube video but by the time the video starts she's already kissing her companion and the win has already been announced. 

(I didn't bother watching the Emmys, because of course I had no way of knowing this would be the year they stopped sucking so hard.)

She seemed really excited. She deserved it too. I was so hoping that at the end of her speech that she would have morphed into Helena and said something like, "I dedicate this to my Sestras". THAT would have broken the internet. 

Edited by riverheightsnancy
  • Love 6

We forgot the Emmys were even on around here - which is odd because usually I don't care but Mr Rat ALWAYS DVRs the whole thing - but we had just come back from a rare vacation and there you go.  Clearly we should have stopped jinxing our faves and blown them off years ago because - Tatiana AND RuPaul.  

16 hours ago, Gulftastic said:

I'm not sure why I got a bit emotional when I heard the news this morning. I'm so happy that Tatiana has gotten the recognition she deserves at last.

I did, too! I think it's just lovely to see someone so deserving (and excited, and grateful) win.

• Love 1
On 26/10/2016 at 8:26 AM, thuganomics85 said:

Cast set for the final season, including some newbies.  Articles gives minor spoilers on who they are playing, including 

Hide contents

Stephen McHattie as P.T. Westmoreland.

No Cal? That's frustrating, especially since the actor was freed up from Game of Thrones last season. It's not like my enjoyment of the show DEPENDS on Cal, but he was a pretty important part of seasons 2/3, and then he just disappeared without explanation. I'd be happy with just a cameo!

• Love 3

They announced the nominees for the Canadian Screen Awards today, and this may come as a shock, but OB's up for a crapload of 'em. Including:

Best Dramatic Series

Lead Actress (Tatiana Maslaney)

Supporting Actor (Kevin Hanchard)

Guest Actor (Gord Rand)

Best Writing (THREE nominees!; Transgressive Border Crossing, The Stigmata of Progress, and The Collapse of Nature)

Best Direction (for Transgressive Border Crossing)

Best Photography (for From Dancing Mice To Psychopaths)

Best Picture Editing (for The Scandal of Altruism)

Best Production or Art Design (for Human Raw Materials)

Best Sound (for The Scandal of Altruism)

Best Visual Effects (for From Dancing Mice to Psychopaths)

• Love 2

Thanks, Spruce. Haven't we been saying all along that they deserve all the awards? Lets hope they win some of them.

It cheered me to get a notice on Orphan Black. I'm really missing the show. It breaks my heart that we're approaching the last season. It will be painful to watch and mourn at the same time. I didn't think I'd survive Fringe's last season. I'm not sure I have.

Edited by kat165
  • Love 3
56 minutes ago, kat165 said:

It cheered me to get a notice on Orphan Black. I'm really missing the show. It breaks my hear that we're approaching the last season. It will be painful to watch and mourn at the same time. I didn't think I'd survive Fringe's last season. I'm not sure I have.

I've been thinking the same thing recently. On the one hand, I can't wait for the new season to start, but on the other it makes me sad knowing that it'll be over within ten weeks and there won't be any more. I'm clinging on to hope that it's not *really* over and that there'll be a movie or Netflix reboot in a few years.

• Love 2

Tatianna and the show got a shout-out on Jeopardy! last night.  The last clue of Double Jeopardy! was in the category "Emmy Winning Women" and the clue was 
"2016 winner Tatianna Maslany said that her multiple roles, looks & accents on this series are "a dream for any actor."  And someone immediately rang in with the correct answer!

• Love 6